[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember the walkman? Neither does anyone else. Remember gameboy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

File: uncle steve.jpg (5KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
uncle steve.jpg
5KB, 250x187px
Remember the walkman?

Neither does anyone else.

Remember gameboy?

Neither does anyone else.

Remember console?

For now.

When will Apple jump in and dominate the console market? They have already killed sony and nintendo in the portable space.
>>
>>387850891
I remember gameboy.
>>
This delusion.

Windows still owns the majority of the PC market.

And Android (more specifically Samsung) dominated mobile.

But keep living in the bubble.
>>
>>387850962
No you don't.
>>
>>387851064
Yes I do.
>>
>>387851064
fuck you
the gameboy was the greatest handheld of all time
>>
>>387850891
gameboy was killed by ds, though
>>
File: thisisbait.jpg (20KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
thisisbait.jpg
20KB, 625x626px
>>387850891
What?
>>
>>387850891
>Remember the walkman?
Yes
>Remember gameboy?
Yes

Now fuck off.
>>
>>387850891
The GameBoy is a fucking icon for retro stuff
>>
>>387850891
apple is dead
>make bigger phones
>remove something essential as the earphone plug
they can root in hell for all i care
>>
>>387850891
Anyone born before 95 would easily remember the walkman and the gameboy.
>>
>>387850891
>Remember gameboy?
>Neither does anyone else.

I still own one, motherfucker.

I hate touch-screen shit.
>>
>>387850891
Fuck off Apple fanboy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMGI7RmE7-M
>>
>>387850891
>Remember the walkman?
Yes. I owned several.
>Remember gameboy?
Yes. My mother owned one and gave it to me. I still have it and it still works.

You are showing your age by asking these questions as no one that does remember these things ask if anyone remembers them.
>>
>Steve Jobs is dead

Apple will never do anything innovative for the rest of your life and will only exist because of the piles of money jobs made them.
>>
I remember when iPhone had better GPU than it's main rival the S series.
Now an S8+ runs everything way better than a fucking iPhone.
I am so glad I rooted for the Koreans since the beginning.
Apple is shit unless you have absolutely everything made by them. They lost even in software now thanks to some builds of Android.
>>
>>387853050
Remember putting a GBC cartridge in a Pocket or a OG Gameboy?
Shit was rly funny.
>>
>>387850891
Never. They don't like games, unless it's the ones they play on their customers.
>>
File: Pippin-Atmark-Console-Set.jpg (2MB, 5400x2970px) Image search: [Google]
Pippin-Atmark-Console-Set.jpg
2MB, 5400x2970px
They tried to make a console, though.
>>
tfw my friend has an apple computer.. he says they're the most costy piece of shit that he ever wasted money on.. the fact they charge you extra for their versions of GPU is ridiculous
>>
They have to stop being FAGS first and they can't do it, even their founder died of AIDS and being a fag.
>>
remember when people thought Apple TV was going to kill consoles?
>>
>>387853672
Everyone here were still in daddy's balls when that came out.
>>
>>387854141
Wrong. Please stop posting.
>>
>>387853672
i vaguely remember this but i dont think i've ever seen one

it looks like one of those chinese knockoff consoles
>>
Apple entering the console market would be like when Microsoft tried to enter the MP3 Player market and made the Zune, and I don't know anyone who owned one of those
>>
>>387854013
It would have, it really would have if they didn't make it so all games had to work with the remote.

That was probably one of the worst choices Apple ever made.
>>
>apple killed the walkman and not every phone having mp3 capabilities
?

Sony were selling Walkman phones even after the iPhone
>>
File: 61tzO5JJIrL._SY355_.jpg (22KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61tzO5JJIrL._SY355_.jpg
22KB, 355x355px
>>387854903
This shit was good af
>>
File: 4L_oavOtQwO.jpg (83KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
4L_oavOtQwO.jpg
83KB, 628x628px
>>387850891
Steve Jobs died too soon.
Sure he was a lunatic and constantly angry hippie, but despite normies unjustified admiration and 4chan usual hatred, he simply did so fucking much.

Literally among the first to bring a huge organization to work on FreeBSD and open source, helping all of us (if you're from /g/ at least).
Popularized concepts like graphic interface (made visual vidya possible) and the fucking mouse, both originally intended to be forgotten/rejected prototypes. Years later, did the same with tablets.
Introduced fonts, and the current idea of smartphone (the market had to change in order to bring a competition, and now we can shitpost from the shower as a direct result). Internet was first tested on his personal machine. Saw the potential in a special effects-focused studio from LucasFilm, bought it, renamed it "Pixar" and made it independent. Highlighted the first Halo game.
Basically made half of the music industry digital, releasing a glorious era of easy piracy.

Old Apple got in deep shit because they refused to put a backdoor in iOS and OS X (unlike Google and Android), basically a dick size contest with them (remember the "we spent a million and we were able to hack into this iPhone, fuck yall apple"?).

And now? Now we got this new fag to run the show. Are we supposed to support him just because? It's been decades, but the company is showing its weakness again.
Fuck that homo, I bet he literally sleeps with CIA.
>>
File: ZEN.jpg (19KB, 297x500px) Image search: [Google]
ZEN.jpg
19KB, 297x500px
>>387854997
I had one of these when I was a kid, shit was comfy, I wish I could find some of the default songs it came with, I want to see if they were actually good or if it was just my dumb kid self thinking they were good
>>
>>387855437
>zen mosaic
my FUCKING nigga
>>
File: 20170821_213559.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170821_213559.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>387850891
>Remember the walkman?
Yes actually I do.
>>
>>387855972
Is it worth buying one just for the novelty?
>>
>>387856267
Novelty would be its only use, or if you really want to listen to some cassettes. Radio's kinda shitty and I lost the original headphones ages ago. Still, I get quite a few looks from younger folks when I clip it to my pants. Kids think it's a bloated iphone case.
>>
>>387850891
and yet out of all the things you listed, Apple is the one thing ive forgotten about most.
>>
>>387850891
I'm not sure if it's already stated. Apple one time thought to do a game console but realized there was no money and figured to make cell phones since there was more market share
>>
>>387854652
My friend had one (I stuck with Creative until they left the market). The Zune was decent compared to whatever Apple had at the time, which I think was the iPod Video, it had an FM tuner and the screen looked better to me as well. It didn't help how popular iTunes was with everyone at the time, and Windows kept on shooting themselves in the foot by changing their music service name every year (Zune store, PlaysForSure, and so on).
>>
I remember that the Pippin failed
>>
>>387850891
t. born after 2000
>>
File: Pippin-Atmark-Console-Set.jpg (144KB, 3960x1960px) Image search: [Google]
Pippin-Atmark-Console-Set.jpg
144KB, 3960x1960px
>>387850891
>Remember the walkman?
yes. and thanks to GotG, plenty who didn't grow up with it recognize it. nothing makes you feel older than seeing your niece listening to your own awesome mixtapes, after watching GotG, and get shot down over the sound and song quality.

>Remember gameboy?
>implying a sturdy, immortal handheld that's capable of surviving multiple falls & still running after 20 years is forgettable.
pop it in anytime i'm in the mood for SML, Pokemon, and what have you on a rainy day.

remember the Pippin, OP? never heard of it, let alone remember it? neither does anyone else
>>
>>387850891
Everyone that was around for the Gameboy and Walkman remembers it.
>>
File: 55-102-052-02.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
55-102-052-02.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>387855437
Aw man, Creative was so fucking good!
I was a lucky bastard who had the X-Fi one but lost it in a trip in Ireland... feels bad because it still ran like first day
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
all these questions are actually accurate and op isnt that much of a fag if you just ask the right audience: starbucks patrons
>>
>>387850891
Stop with the bait.
Apple has no foothold in higher caliber games played on PCs and home consoles. Apple also doesn't have a foothold on portable games with actual substance. Nintendo has done well with the 3DS and now Switch recently. Furthermore, Samsung is the leader in mobile VR. iPhones are only used for simplistic normie crap like Candy Crush and Pokemon Go. Apple's phones/tablets will never replace dedicated gaming platforms.
>>
Why would Apple ever want to enter the console race?
They already make more than any console manufacturer through mobile games and microtransactions. Making a console is investing way more money into a system with way less mass appeal.

Kids today have an ipad and maybe a 3DS. Kids don't care about home consoles; consoles are designed for gaming-dedicated millennials as their primary audience.

Before anyone asks I work in childcare and I ask kids (5-12) about this stuff from time to time
>>
>>387855282
I hate this man with passion but I guess you are right.
>>
>>387850891
Gameboy and Walkman are really bad examples for this argument.
Zune and Windows 8 are way fairer punching bags
>>
>>387850891
They can't, Jobs is dead and they got some random faggot to take his place.
>>
>>387855282
Was he /ourguy/
I think, in the end, he was
>>
Gameboy is a synonym for handheld at this point. Won't be forgotten for a long time.
>>
>>387853192
>>387855282
Steve was /ourguy/
>REEEEE'd at normies
>REEEEE'd at autists like Woz
>would burst into tears and rage fits
>immovable world view and would never admit he was wrong
>autism for weird shit like calligraphy and aesthetics
>refused to call his daughter his child
>basically started consolewars with publicly denouncing Bill Gates as a hack
>>
>>387850891
Remember OP is a fag?

I do
>>
>>387850891
I remember the walkman and the gameboy. If I didn't your argument wouldn't really make any sense OP.
>>
>>387859175

>windows 8

As shitty as Windows 8 was, it probably sold more copies than all versions of OSX combined
>>
File: 1498533719717.jpg (68KB, 519x519px) Image search: [Google]
1498533719717.jpg
68KB, 519x519px
>When will Apple jump in and dominate the console market?

They tried to year ago, and failed. How fucking dumb are you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Bandai_Pippin
>>
inb4 someone brings up the Pippin a fourth time.
>>
File: LaughAtYou.jpg (45KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
LaughAtYou.jpg
45KB, 375x375px
>apple being good or dominant at anything
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.