[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question /v/. Which games would you consider to be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: gamer.jpg (40KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
gamer.jpg
40KB, 450x320px
Quick question /v/. Which games would you consider to be the most "hardcore" that test a players skills? Games that test your reaction, precision, critical thinking, problem solving and other such skills. Genre, generation, console(also count flash and mobile games if you want) don't matter and they don't have to fit all the skills mentioned above (e.g., Ikaruga, requires precision to dodge the barrage of enemy bullets while keeping track of your polarity and killing enemies to continue your chain).
>>
>>387845296
beatmania IIDX
>>
Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2.
>>
>>387845296
N+
>>
Some anime fighting games
Some arena shooters
Some RTS

These are the most skillful genres.
>>
>>387845491
>>387845513
>>387845558
Great examples. What about games that require you to be prepared before battle (bringing the right items, enemy knowledge, proper party members, Darkest Dungeon comes to mind.)?
>>
>>387846080
Are you retarded? That doesn't take skill.
>wow it's so hard and skillful to setup an optimal party and take items i need
>i had to PICK to the right thing omg such skill
>>
>>387846080
>What about games that require you to be prepared before battle (bringing the right items, enemy knowledge, proper party members, Darkest Dungeon comes to mind.)?
Wizardry IV
>>
>>387845296
Battletoads.
>>
>>387846310
Knowing how to set up an optimal party is not a skill? You're still making a choice on what will help you overcome an obstacle, which requires critical thinking.
>>
the evil within on akumu.
>>
>>387845296
Super Meatboy comes to mind
Some of the batshit crazy (asian) difficulties on some rhythm games or bullet hell games
The highest tiers of some competitive games, possible like Quake or various RTS
Highest difficulties on hack n slash games, particularly ninja gaiden and DMC
>>
>>387845296
ikaruga
>>
File: BUTCHER.jpg (522KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
BUTCHER.jpg
522KB, 666x666px
butcher.
>>
>>387846414
I had heard of the Wizardry series but never paid attention to it. Wizardry 4 sounds like a god damn nightmare to play, but it's an excellent example of what I was looking for.
>>
Cuhrayzee games on higher difficulties
High mobility twitch shooters like Q3 and UT
Bullet hell games
>>
>>387845296
Fighting games.
>>
>>387846864
There's no such thing as skill in fucking games made for children, you child.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.