[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The most boring, bland, worst home menu EVER. >tfw GameCube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 3181150-switchui.jpg (53KB, 790x446px) Image search: [Google]
3181150-switchui.jpg
53KB, 790x446px
The most boring, bland, worst home menu EVER.
>tfw GameCube menu was chill
>tfw Wii menu was the BEST
>tfw Wii U menu was okay

>tfw Switch menu is the WORST
WHERE IS THE COMFINESS, THE MUSIC AND THE SILLY THINGS TO DO ON THE MENU?!

Really hope they update that shit.
>>
1. Turn it to night mode.
2. The noises are god-tier.
Other than that you're right. No eShop music is inexusable.
>>
please look forward to it
>>
>>387840914
Blame it on apple minimalism.
>>
>>387840914

I honestly prefer this over the Wii U's "make everything glossy" menu. I don't have to look at shitty Miis walking around and can just get to what I wanted to go to.
>>
>>387840914
They want to sell you themes for $3.50 later
>>
They wanted to make it load fast instead of the slow, shitty menus of the Wii U and 3DS
>>
It was apparently designed to be super lightweight because the Wii-U one was bloated

>The Switch OS development begun fully in mid-2016, relatively late for a console OS, and takes a lot of ideas from the 3DS OS that simply wasn’t possible on the smaller handheld
>The OS was designed to be lightweight, specifically because “the WiiU was so slow by the time we added functionality to it, management really took that criticism to heart”
>My source anticipates “future updates will keep the system lightweight” although “functionality and additions will be judged on a subject by subject basis”, pointing towards Nintendo learning from their mistakes with the WiiU
>My source opined that “memory management is much less complicated than on WiiU, there is a lot more to work with as well”, and pointed to an example where “with some games [on WiiU], there had to be a lot of space (RAM?) free for the game to run properly and the OS would have to be closed, which would then be opened fresh with a press of a home button…it made it very slow”, although my source didn’t elaborate on any games that closed the OS on WiiU
https://oneupleaks.wordpress.com/2017/08/17/information-nintendo-switch-os/
>>
>>387841068
>Other than that you're right. No eShop music is inexusable.

Only real problem with it, desu.
>>
>>387841656
>tfw you start up the eShop for the first time and are greeted with a deafening silence that makes you feel regret for the lost potential of the Wii U
Other than that the menu is top tier, better than PS4’s messy and unremovable shit. Don’t know what Xbone menu looks like because I’ve never played one
>>
>>387841389
>my source didn’t elaborate on any games that closed the OS on WiiU
Apparently Zelda BotW is one, which is why it takes so long to jump from the game to the dashboard and back.
>>
>>387842375
Xbone's menu is fucking awful. Too much shit on the screen and it's super confusing.
>>
>>387842437
Yeah I recall Xenoblade X being a bitch with that as well
>>
I'm glad this console doesn't have Excel with stories
>>
>>387840914
It's fast and I like it that way. UI should be fast/clean
>>
Anyone else kinda miss Miiverse? I used it very, very rarely, and never really paid much attention to it. But now that it's gone, it feels like a hole is left. Like just starting up the Wii U and seeing some cool art, or ridiculously stupid comments was comfy. Some of the in-game functionality was neat too. Imagine if BotW (optionally) had it. Could be interesting, even Dark Souls-ish.
>>
The Switch is a tablet. It can't handle any of that stuff.
>>
>>387840914
I just wish it had some ambient music in the background.
>>
>>387840914
It's fast, clean, satisfying, but it's also a little bit uninspired. I still like it though, compared to the clusterfuck Wii U menu. Give that shit some music and slap a theme on it and it's perfect.
>>
>>387843751

Please let this turn into a Miiverse thread...
>>
I fully expect an update with a complete UI overhaul, browser, apps like youtube/netflix/miiverse replacement around the same time their service goes paid.
>>
>>387840914
I mean idk about you but the PS4 screen isn't exactly something I wanna linger on much.

Like legit, why does it matter? Just play the fucking game stupid.
>>
It must be very difficult to add ten more color options to the UI. I guess some asshole out there patent a palette of colors! IT"S IMPOSSIBLE, WE'RE STUCK WITH BLACK AND WHITE!
>>
>Wii U
>takes 10 years to open and close anything
>looks like a shittier, shinier version of 3DS mixed with old iPhone UI
Minimalism is better for UIs. Takes up less resources and looks neat. Only problem is no eshop theme. Hell even if they just bring back the Wii's eshop theme I'd be fine with that.
>>
File: botw.jpg (33KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
botw.jpg
33KB, 600x338px
nintendo went lazy on everything dealing with the switch.
>>
>>387841197
this

>>387841389
gui doesn't bog down a system's performance
>>
>>387848437
Do you like being able to press the home menu and mess with things? Remember how that took 10 times as long on the Wii U? That's because due to the UI being busier, it took longer to open and close it. Therefore yes, it does impact the performance. Why do you guys think all console UIs have been becoming more minimal?
>>
>>387841280
God dammit Loch Ness Monster, I ain’t gonna give you no tree fiddy.
>>
>>387849065
>Remember how that took 10 times as long on the Wii U?
that wasnt due to the gui. That was due to the OS itself being a mess in loading anything.
>>
I don't have the Switch but nothing can be worst than the Wii U UI.
Fuck this console and fuck /v/ for shilling it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.