[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this game in particular bring up such intense PTSD feelings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Super_mario_sunshine.jpg (143KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Super_mario_sunshine.jpg
143KB, 256x363px
Why does this game in particular bring up such intense PTSD feelings? Whenever I think back to a lot of the levels, it fills me with this uncomfortable rage and aggression over the hard times

>the watermeleon shine
>the one where you have to kill the stingray on serena beach (i know you can just hop on the tree and cheese it, but i didn't know that back then)
>the one where you have to clean out the eel's teeth
>those fucking secret obstacle courses
>the sandbird
>climbing that fucking wall with the grates in pinna park
>trying to kick a durian into a goal
>the yoshi fruit one in ricco harbor

This game was often just a nightmare...
>>
comfy to watch though
>>
>>387835530
fpbp
I liked watching Chuggaaconroy play it
When I actually got around to playing it myself it sucked.
>>
Because you were younger. I replayed it in anticipation of Odyssey and none of the levels I remember fearing ended up being that bad.
>>
Absolutely none of those are all that difficult
>>
>>387835439
I loved this game as a kid and still have no idea why so many people seem to dislike it.
The only level that gave me PTSD was the sandbird, and when I went back to the game a few years ago it was easy.
>>
File: ss (2017-08-21 at 06.18.56).png (946KB, 983x703px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-08-21 at 06.18.56).png
946KB, 983x703px
>>387835439
Everyone brings up shit like you said in OP & pachinko but am I the only one who had a shitload of trouble with this mission when they were younger? I'm good at all of these missions now but fuck man this one got me as much as the watermelon or pachinko one back then.
>>
Spam spraying eliminated like 80% of the difficulty, only noki 6 was hard.
>>
>>387835439
it's not really that hard, but it is a slog to play through since most of the missions are either stupidly boring or just plain tedious
>>
File: sexual-intercourse.jpg (16KB, 403x244px) Image search: [Google]
sexual-intercourse.jpg
16KB, 403x244px
>tfw you were the kid that was a pro at this game
>tfw all the other kids asked you various times to help you beat this game
>tfw you succeeded all the time
Good times, this game holds a special place in my heart
>>
>>387835439
Worst 3D Mario
>>
Easily best mario.
Contender for best game.
Beat it at the age of 14
>>
>>387835439
You forgot that one secret level where you're stuck in a giant pachinko machine.

Most infuriating part of the game.
>>
>>387836026
Is this the one where we first see bowser jr and it has the cutscene? Don't remember it being very hard
>>
I felt that until I replayed it a few months ago, I was able to do every one of those on my first try except the watermelon (which took 2). I was EXTREMELY spooked when I was diving down to the eel but it was much easier and more fun than I remember.
>>
>>387838693
You're thinking of Mecha Bowser who you just have to shoot a number of times. That's Roller Coaster Balloons, where you have to pop 20 balloons within three rounds laps of the track.
>>
>>387835630
Damn never thought i'd see another Chugga fan on 4chan.
>>
>>387838927
Holy shit yeah you're right I remember that stage now. It was awful
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.