[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will the next Zelda be like? How many years will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: z.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
What will the next Zelda be like?

How many years will it take to come out?
>>
It'll either be:

A) the "Majora's Mask" of BotW, AKA a simpler to develop expansion-pack -like sequel that recycles the engine and many ideas, but overhauls content and mood, and comes out within a couple years, OR

B) Something totally different that we won't be able to even expect, many years from now into the future.
>>
>>387814141
A was basically confirmed by Aonuma if I recall.
>>
>>387813827
It's definitely going to be a Majoras Mask type game.

There's no way they spent such a huge amount of resources developing and fine-tuning the physics-and chemistry engine, creating all those recepies, animals etc. etc. just to start over again.

They've created a foundation. I would assume we'll see some type of BotW#2 in about 2-years.
>>
>>387813827
2019-2020 most likely. They already have the engine.
>>
>>387814141
Better not be B), BotW took way too long to come out.

They should just work with what they've got now. It's not like they're going to be able to do much more with the Switch hardware anyway.

Considering how well received BotW Is, it'd be stupid to do option B).. But on the other hand, it's Nintendo..
>>
>>387813827
I'm pretty sure they have a team whose been working on a ALBW type game for awhile, so I wouldn't be surprised if they announce something like that next year.
>>
>>387815123
>BotW took way too long to come out.
No it didn't. Kids may not realize it nowadays, with mega-studios like EA and Ubisoft exploiting multiple 100-man teams to push out yearly sequels and shit in an assembly-line fashion, but making games takes time. Especially if you're making things from scratch, for a new platform, and want to make it well.

>Considering how well received BotW Is, it'd be stupid to do option B).
BotW was a gigantic plan-B product of that sort, and a very successful one.
>>
>>387813827
It's going to be pretty much the same as BOTW: massive open world with barely any content.
They found the formula that works, normies eat that shit up, they have no reason to do anything else now. Hell, they can just put even less content in the next game with the "you can make your OWN gameplay!" excuse every open world game makes

>>387814841
>developing and fine-tuning the physics
Seriously? It uses havok physics. If you've ever played garry's mod in your life before BOTW the physics will be extremely familiar to you. They didn't fine-tune shit they just implemented the existing engine.
>>
>>387815352
>No it didn't
it absolutely did. It got delayed for like 2-years or something, I don't even remember anymore but it was fucking ridicilous.

I know game development takes time, but come the fuck on. Missing the deadline by such a huge amount is nothing but a failure.
>>
File: 1426082359144.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
1426082359144.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
>>387815497
>barely any content.
I know ya'll be b8'ng, but BotW has technically TOO MUCH content, to the point that even many perfectionists just give up and stop playing at roughly 50% completion rate.

>normies eat that shit up
it's easily one of the least patronizing, truly HC game ever released.

>>387816040
6 years is literally nothing special.
>>
>>387815497
>Seriously? It uses havok physics.
Sure thing buddy. It's not like you have to program interactions and make sure that everything interacts properly.

If you think Link fighting a Bokoblin with a burning torch sword that sets the grass on fire and the Bokoblins weapon on fire which creates wind that makes your bombs levitate is all done by just simply including Havok you're fucking stupid.

That takes loads of programming and is also why most games don't Have shit like that.
>>
>>387816378
>6 years is literally nothing special.
If you promise something in 4-years it is. It's fucking baffling how they missed a deadline by that amount of time.
>>
>>387816040
They massively changed the scope of the project halfway through. From just another Zelda game to "BITCH YOU WANT THE BEST YOU BUY NINTENDO". That's not missing a deadline.
>>
>>387816601
>that's not missing a deadline

That's exactly what it is, though. If you write a fucking essay that's supposed to be done in 4-months you can't just say "well I wanted to provide a better essay so it took 2-more months". No one cares, you missed the deadline. Anyone can make anything better given more time.
>>
>>387816536
>If you promise something in 4-years it is
Way better to take your time to fine tune and properly finish your project, than ship out a meh-tier, broken game, like so many western AAA devs constantly do nowadays.
>>
>>387816950
Agreed, but then you shouldn't promise it in 4-years. Just keep your mouth shut and work.
>>
>>387816378
I should probably rephrase that. I don't mean it has no content, I mean it has no GOOD content.
There's loads of shit to do, yeah, but it's all the same. Finding a new interesting area only to get rewarded with a shitty shrine almost ruined the game for me.

>>387816412
>things on fire lighting other close things on fire is a marvel of programming and only the most talented developers can do it
I know /v/ is completely clueless to how games work, but come on. Don't tell me that you seriously believe it's hard to do.
You just don't see it often in games because most developers nowadays somehow manage to be even more lazy than nintendo.
>>
>>387814668
source?
>>
>>387816863
They could have delivered an essay in four months, but instead decided to deliver a novel in eight, likely at the request of the higher ups at the company.
>>
>>387817127
>Agreed, but then you shouldn't promise it in 4-years.
The industry's history is full of equal and way worse postpones, some which have resulted totally fucked up games in the end... and now that Nintendo takes their sweet time and releases a literal GOTYAY, people complain nonstop?

>>387817168
>There's loads of shit to do, yeah, but it's all the same
That's if you're not the explorer-type of player with strong immersion and wild imagination.
Heck, I spent way too many hours just taming horses and riding them around. Every time a Dragon floated by, it took my breath away, and filled my camera with pointless snapshots. Don't even need to mention the joys and challenges of locating and earning the Sword and Shield.
>>
>>387817168
>>things on fire lighting other close things on fire is a marvel of programming
I think you missed my point. It's not about singular actions, it's about the multitude of interactions. If you throw a metal sword into an enemy camp during a lightning storm it'll attract thunder and blow everything up. The only thing that has anything to do with Havok about that is the rag doll physics on the enemies.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.