[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is every major character in this MMO female and usually black?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

Why is every major character in this MMO female and usually black?
>Dark Brotherhood sanctuary leader, female
>Thieves guild leader, female
>Nearly every character in thieves guild, female
>Majority of side characters, female

I can't tell if its pandering or just shitty balance.
>>
>>387804906
Who cares
>>
G e n d e r
E q u a l i t y
>>
>>387804906
why are there so many women in the video game often played by lonely guys???? What's Goin On
>>
>>387804906
because the designers are fat manchildren who never touched a boobie, like me ;_;
>>
>>387804906
>actually playing this bad game
OP what are you doing it's so bad haha
>>
File: srsly.png (267KB, 571x441px) Image search: [Google]
srsly.png
267KB, 571x441px
I just checked my email actually, and even in the email they send its got a female plastered on it.

No seriously, why are they so obsessed with this?
>>
>>387804906
If they were all male you wouldn't even notice.
>>
>>387804906
>Dark Brotherhood sanctuary leader, female
>Thieves guild leader, female
Both of those actually make sense though. A female head of the fighters guild would be a different thing, maybe unless she was an orc or something.
>>
>>387806489
the head of the fighters guild is female, but shes a lizard, the old leader was a male nord tho.

2/3 faction leaders are male and one is a robot.
>>
>>387807185
>2/3 faction leaders are male
wut
>Thieves
>Assassins
>Fighters
that's 3 right there
>>
>>387804906
>replace "female" with "male"
>replace "black" with "white"
>add the word "problematic" somewhere, mention current year
>post to kotaku
>>
>>387807662
>white males everywhere
>feminists and SJW's lose their shit

>Black females everywhere
>Silence
>>
>>387808764
>Silence

You're in a thread about it right now.
>>
>>387805173
wat r u, gay?
>>
>>387809160
>One thread on /v/ is the equivalent of the entirety of gaming journalism screaming and crying about it

ok
>>
>>387804906
>inb4 mods delete thread for "off topic"
I hope you guys know that talking about social issues in games is still discussion about games. It's not "le /pol/ boogeyman"
>>
>>387809684
>the entirety of gaming journalism needs to be talking about something or nobody is

ok
>>
>>387805014
You misspelled superiority
>>
File: IMG_0775.jpg (96KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0775.jpg
96KB, 1024x576px
>>387804906
Don't spend it all in one place.
>>
>>387809778
imagine getting so badly rekt you have to resort to copying and pasting the reply, then just changing some words around.
lmfao
>>
>>387810298
Pardon me for using greentext to quote somebody, I guess that doesn't jive with nu-/v/. I should've just gone full strawman like you did earlier.
>>
>>387804946
Not OP but I would care if it made the game feel off. If I was playing a fantasy mmo and every non-player character in the game was female, that would be strange and hard to ignore if you couldn't find any guys. I don't really care about it and haven't played it so idk how bad it is, but as long as it's not a world devoid of men completely I probably wouldn't care too much. Throws off the balance a bit though for sure and makes it unrealistic through
>>
>>387804906
Strong independent women are no longer unique and interesting. They are the majority now. Enjoy.
>>
>>387810710
>I should've just gone full strawman like you did earlier.
No, you went full false equivalence. I appreciate you learned a new word and want to use it, but strawman does not apply here.
>>
>>387811515
>false equivalence
That's a laugh riot from the guy who moved the bar from "silence" to "the entirety of gaming journalism." Goodness forbid you admit you said something stupid instead of trying to qualify it infinitely.
>Well I didn't mean silence but the people that I wouldn't expect to think a certain way aren't thinking a certain way
>Well I didn't mean Kotaku but "the entirety of gaming journalism"
>>
>>387804906
women are know to be backstabbing evil creatures, it fulfills the criteria.
>>
>>387812037
>>Well I didn't mean silence but the people that I wouldn't expect to think a certain way aren't thinking a certain way
>>Well I didn't mean Kotaku but "the entirety of gaming journalism"
I didn't say any of that, NOW its straman. Congrats m8.
>>
>>387813198
>I didn't say any of that
Not in those words but that's because a practiced goalpost mover knows to move slowly. No matter how you cut it you're the one who moved the conversation to "the entirety of gaming journalism" when that wasn't the benchmark.
>>
>>387812973
This, women are built for theft and murder. Anecdotally, all the thieves and most of the liars I know are women. Thankfully I don't know any murderers.
>>
>>387813460
>Not in those words
Right, so strawman. Gotcha.
You're bad at this, lol.
>>
>>387814229
>Right, so strawman.
Again I'll point you back to your own greentext where you did exactly the same thing first. Either you have a problem with this or you don't, make up your mind.
>>
>>387814395
>>
>>387814532
I can't help but notice that you're resorting to posting image macros with no text when I can directly quote you to show that you're not being consistent.
>>
>>387814905
Apologies, was growing weary of being misquoted to provide an easier method of attack.
It is also worth mentioning that I'm playing vidya as we speak, so you don't have my full attention.
>>
>>387807314
Pact Male
Covenant Male
Dominion Robot
>>
>>387815235
>was growing weary of being misquoted
And again I'll point out that you were the first to do this. Seems odd that it's your go-to when you clearly don't actually have a problem with it.
>>
File: really makes you think.jpg (17KB, 460x423px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.jpg
17KB, 460x423px
https://youtu.be/dSa0zjIXUpo
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.