[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I wanna give one of the 3DS pokemon games a try, and I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 6765687689709.jpg (281KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
6765687689709.jpg
281KB, 1200x630px
so I wanna give one of the 3DS pokemon games a try, and I can't decide which one to pick.
the last one I played was emerald on the gba, many years ago.
From what I understand, there's a few differences between X/Y, and Sun/Moon. I think I remember reading somewhere that X/Y has every pokemon from earlier generations, while S/M gets rid of a few of them and includes brand new ones. from what I understand, you can also customize your character's appearance and clothing in X/Y, and S/M has overall easier gameplay, which is a negative for me.

Is any of that true? what are the major differences between the two generations? and which one is considered the best one/most popular?
>>
>>387802837
>so I wanna give one of the 3DS pokemon games a try
CEASE

DS is where the Pokemon wass at it's peak (Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and Black and White 2, take your pic)
The 3DS games are some of the most putridly horrible games I have ever played. For you own sake, and especially if you love Emerald, NEVER play the 3DS Pokemon games.
>>
>>387802837
You can customize your character in both games. No Pokémon has been "removed", you might not be able to obtain some without having earlier games in the series though. Both felt very easy to me but Sun/Moon have some surprises.

I honestly don't like the games on the 3DS and prefer the GBA-DS era. They feel more content-rich.
>>
>>387802837
You from europe? I'll sell you my sun version for 20 eurobucks+shipping cost
>>
>>387803024
Oh also OP what are you planning on playing on?

If you aren't planning to pay for said games find a version of Black or White 2 online with hardmode already unlocked (you have to beat the game on a certain version and then fucking give it to other people it's a dumb system desu) but playing BW 2 on hardmode sounds like it'd be the ost fun for you since easier gameplay was a negative for you
>>
>>387802837
X/y is okay sun was ghey
>>
>>387802837
wait for usum in 3 months
>>
>>387803609
XY is literally the most barebones single player of the entire series. I'd genuinely rate XY and SM beneath Diamond and Pearl.

XY only exists as a means to get the player to the meager end game. It's easily the least effort they've ever put into the game.
Not to mention the amount of insulting "See you in the third version" shit that never came to fruition. FUCK XY.
>>
>>387802837
>and S/M has overall easier gameplay
True, go play black 2 and do challenge mode have fun
>>
>>387803832
This.

You can play ORAS, a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, but it does not have stuff Emerald had (namely the Battle Frontier).
>>
>>387802837
SM also has customisation/clothing for your trainer but not as varied as XY. You can get every Pokémon across each generation in SM too, people just transfer upwards via pokebank, breed and trade. In fact from gen 6 onwards the data for all Pokémon existing at the time of that games release will be included in the game.

Both games are easy, but SM has some surprises, some of the totem battles threw me off. SM has a nice art style and gets rid of the traditional chibi style and square grid system overworld.

Don't bother getting SM, since the newer iterations of those are coming out in a couple of months anyway.
>>
>>387802837
Just jump on the hype train and wait for USUM, it's coming this fall. No reason to buy SM with those around the corner.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.