[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tell friend i replay games >he says replaying is an inefficient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: there.jpg (16KB, 650x240px) Image search: [Google]
there.jpg
16KB, 650x240px
>tell friend i replay games
>he says replaying is an inefficient use of limited, precious time
>>
it doesnt matter were all going to die anyway
>>
First of all, he's correct, stop replaying games and work on your backlog.

Second of all, playing any video game is an inefficient use of time, stop playing video games and devote yourself wholly to being a productive member of society.
>>
>>387792723
it isn't if your tastes aren't broad enough. i'm not into many new releases. i might be a natural born contrarian.
>>
He's right, new experience trump old ones.
>>
>>387792843
wow you're gay
>>
>>387792843
>being a productive member of society

Define that.
>>
If a game doesn't impress you in the first go, it's shit.
>>
>>387792723
I'd tell him talking to idiots is a waste of time and never speak to him again.
>>
>>387793554
shit on my face daddy fuck yeah you want to have so wet and prostate its yummy yummy oh yes what a nice boobies
>>
>>387792843
doesn't matter, society going to repeat their mistakes
>>
>>387792843
Nobody can tell you what is and isn't a good use of time except you; it's your time, not theirs.
>>
>>387792843
The most productive any average human can do is ending themselves. The chances you will ever account for the losses you incurred on society and the planet are close to zero.
>>
Backlog vs Replaying, well, /v/?
>>
A friend of mine swears Bioshock is his favorite game. He sped through it one time, 10 years ago, on a 2 day blockbuster rental. He won't even buy it on 360 now that its 5 fucking dollars or buy on a Steam sale because "DUDE I ALREADY PLAYED IT".

And you see too many "Wow Goldeneye is liek da bess evar!" retards who haven't touched the thing in 20 years and don't know that its a barely functional piece of garbage.

If you love a game, you will play it with some regularity.
>>
>>387792723
>proceeds to spend ten hours a day doing the same monotonous task just to please his jewish overlord
>>
>>387792723
Your friend is right, but it's all invalidated because this anon is right as well >>387792819

Do what you will, you take nothing with you at the end.
>>
>>387792723
>want to play game
>only new games are ones you don't really want to play
>play new game and don't enjoy it instead of replaying old favorite
>at least it was efficient
I replay old games more often than I play new ones. If it's been a while since you last played something, it almost feels like a new game. Plus you can usually switch something up to keep it interesting too, like doing a different play style, making a different type of character, etc.
>>
>>387797969
I'll take you with me, faggot.
>>
>>387798101
you know what I meant fagosexual
>>
>>387795681
>huge backlog
>take a look at it
>play bloodborne

So it goes.
>>
>>387792723
Sounds like the kind of faggot who skips cutscenes on the first playthrough.
>>
Depends on the game. Something like Dark Souls its easy to miss something first time round with NPCs and hidden paths, and theres tons of different builds to try out that play entirely differently.

Also games like Gitaroo Man you'd play over and over both because its fun but also because you want to get good enough to tackle the hardest difficulty. (Which is really really fucking hard)
>>
>>387792723
He's right, only the worst kind of limited taste autists care or use replayability as an argument.
>>
>>387798671
I really hope this is bait
>>
>>387792723
>Watch a movie once
>Can never watch that movie ever again
Nice logic fag
>>
>>387798936
>watching movies twice
good way to lose your kinema general license
>>
>>387799025
>Implying a movie like Labyrinth isnt infinitely watchable

YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME
>>
>>387798828
You wish, you impress no one with your shitty obscure games, i would rather play the best of every genre than play everything of one genre.

>>387798936
Movies last 1 to 3 hours, most games last over 10 hours
>>
your anecdote reminded me of a kid I used to hang out as a kid.

>growing up in the balkans during the 90s
>one child in my neighborhood has a PS1
>I find him both annoying and disgusting (he would chew his toenails, put his cock out because he thought it was funny and was incapable of eating without making a huge mess), but I was still a little slut for video games and put up with him just so I could play on his PS1
>whenever we would finish a game he would forever put it away and make loud tantrums about how we finished it and it's stupid to play it again because we finished it any time I, or other kids, asked to play it again.

If you're reading this Bojan, I might have been spineless as a child, but you were one gnarly annoying asshole.
>>
>>387792723
Stop replaying games and devote some of that time to self-betterment. And I don't mean generic, all-purpose self-betterment. Do things that will make you more caring and develop your sense of right and wrong. Practice empathy and learn to make fair compromises.

The most rewarding thing in life is love, and you will need these skills if you want to get the most out of your romantic partners.

Ignore the faggots who will shitpost in the replies. They're a bunch of bitter fuckheads with misaligned priorities.
>>
>>387792723
Hes not wrong. A lot of people aren't a NEET with infinite time to play vidya and have to choose their time spent carefully
>>
>>387793814
I accept this answer.
>>
>>387800001
Yeah, well, how do you go about doing that then?
>>
>>387800754
Shut up, bitch. I just tried to better your life through advice and this is how you pay me?
>>
>>387800830
No, seriously, how do you actually go about doing that? I legitimately have no idea where to start on that.
>>
>>387800754
Empathy is really the key. Whatever you do, try to understand the people involved and their motivations.
>>
File: 1415864828528.jpg (15KB, 288x205px) Image search: [Google]
1415864828528.jpg
15KB, 288x205px
>>387792843
>he's correct, stop replaying games and work on your backlog.
>stop having fun with games and start treating them like a job you don't get paid for
Protip: If you have to pull yourself away from games you're having fun with to work on your backlog, you are doing everything wrong.
>>
>>387800446
Even NEETs die someday.
>>
>Not replaying your favorite titles in order to find even more hidden stuff that you didn't know about the game and seeing how well they fare in comparison to today's titles.
These are the people I share the board with
>>
>>387792723
He is objectively wrong, but if his idea of living a fulfilled life is buying $60 glitchfest games that don't meet their potential because of publishers, then more power to him.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.