[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST YOU AND ME MINER All I want now is a Red Faction remaster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: RED.jpg (8KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
RED.jpg
8KB, 189x266px
JUST YOU AND ME MINER

All I want now is a Red Faction remaster or even a remake to change the less... good parts of the game.
>>
Current day Volition couldn't resist adding memes and weapon crafting.
>>
>>387783138

Fuck those mercenaries with the railguns. Fighting them is like a crapshoot in hoping they don't snipe you the second you come out from cover.
>>
>>387783138
It'd be too confusing for modern console audiences.
>>
Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnWPZidpaAE

>>387783630
How so? I found it pretty straightforward.
>>
>>387783886
It was a (bad) joke, since it came out on PS2 first.
I miss the PC MP honestly, it allowed client side mods that affected the server before being fixed.
>>
>>387784016
Oh, right.

Still, I would love to see what would happen if Geomod 2 was used on this game.
>>
>>387783138
>change the less... good parts of the game.
you mean the stealth parts?
Fuck them, cut them right out of the game
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>387783138
Red Faction had
>Smoth and fast gameplay
>almost perfect weapon balance
>good and diversified level desingn
>cool and new setting
>a 80's Total Recall like plot which becomes even insaner as it progresses
>nice graphics and destroable enviorment

Then it's sequel shat on all of this and went for ''muh action and boom and shit'' completely missing what people likes about the first.
Same with guerilla and armagedon
I am beyond mad
>>
>>387786262
I remember in the second stealth section i never bothered to get the costume and just went through it like normal.
>>
The soundtrack of Red Faction 2 was very good
Loved this game as a kiddo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5zHvaKSVDI
>>
>>387783138
First game i got on PS2. I remember the controls confusing the fuck out of me. Were the Y and X axis inverted by default?
>>
I remember the hype for the feature film

>'It's going to knock resident evil off it's chops'
>'move over metal gear the true master piece is here''

Seen it at the video store and the guy on the cover looked like he loved butt stuff.

never picked it up but I bet it was trash
>>
File: 1499912330155.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1499912330155.gif
948KB, 200x200px
Man the first hour or so is pretty great
When they add the stealth and up the difficulty the game falls on it's face.
A remake would be great, but it'd never happen

I feel like this series and SR have more potential than what they actually end up achieving in-game.
Thus having 1 or so good games and others that are forgettable
>>
File: 150197-Black_(USA)-1.jpg (104KB, 640x858px) Image search: [Google]
150197-Black_(USA)-1.jpg
104KB, 640x858px
Best PS2 shooter?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnOTedrpjs8
>>
>i can't wait till we can fully destroy maps and make better traps for multiplayer in a few years! >or make a hole till the nucle of the world cover it up and see people falling to be desintegrated
>>
>>387783138
communist SJW garbage
>>
>>387789601
Think so

>>387783138
What about that final boss though?
>>
What absolutely fascinates me about this franchise is that they made the same mistake twice. They managed to revive it, which almost always fails, after the first mistake and immediately fucked it up again. I'd really like to know what the thought process behind Armageddon was
>>
>game's selling point is geomod. everything can be destroyed
>after the firs hour every single part of every level is made of invincible steel
>>
File: 1453433787445.jpg (44KB, 468x484px) Image search: [Google]
1453433787445.jpg
44KB, 468x484px
>mfw bought a multitap to play on ps with friends
>>
>>387783138
aw used to love that game. played it all day on my 800mhz pentium3 and 128 mb ram.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.