[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am currently playing 2B's story line, after they meet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 266
Thread images: 19

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
I am currently playing 2B's story line, after they meet A2.

Does anyone else find this game cringy as fuck? It just has all of these "too deep for you" recurring themes that make me physically cringe in my chair. Even the music is cringy, because it's supposed to be spoken in a fictional dialect, which comes off to me as arbitrary, impetuous.

Does this game get any better? Im questioning if I should quit right now and move on to better things.
>>
>>387765685
I mean't 9S
>>
>>387765685
Quit it
>>
>>387765685
Its a jap game, so of course there will be cringey dialogue as if its written for a children's TV show. the gameplay was easy and pretty forgettable but the game threw lots of surprises at you and if you can deal with easy difficulty and ignore half the side quests its worth it
>>
Why would you keep playing a game you re not enjoying?
>>
>>387765685
I had mixed feelings about the game while playing it, but it slowly grew on me. By the time I beat the last ending, I was absolutely in love with it. Yes, the story is pretty stupid if you over think it, but the music really pulls everything together and made me feel lots of feels
>>
>>387765853
So the side quests aren't worth it? I can probably grit my teeth and bear the remainder of the game if I focus on the story and skip the sidequests.

>>387766007
I try to finish a game before making a final judgement but so far this has been lackluster through and through.

>>387766009
>the music really pulls everything together and made me feel lots of feels

The music is actually nice, I just wish they stuck with female vocals singing oohs and aahs instead of, eh, whatever they are doing here.
>>
>>387765728
>mean't

Nice English SEAnigger friend desu
>>
>>387766256
Well, in my humble opinion then, it is a good game, although it draws some very cringe aspects of the dumbest plot points of a generic anime, it does so in a very engaging narrative, some of the side quests are really well made, which complement the main story as well. You should keep playing it.
>>
>>387766256
Some of them are swell.

The made up language carried over from the first game, it fit thematically there just as it does here. You're playing in a world rich in lost history.
>>
Op play until route c at least
Game gets into kino territory at the start of that and the cringe gay anime villains disappear and 9s, 2b and another char I won't spoil get massive development
>>
Is Route B literally just Route A but without a satisfying heavy attack and instead that stupid minigame?

I just started it and its fucking tough to get back to tedious backtracking sidequests
>>
Looks like it's safe to talk about this game again now that the PC shitters have fucked off. Those were dark times, a few months ago.
>>
File: 1469553952621.jpg (186KB, 1812x469px) Image search: [Google]
1469553952621.jpg
186KB, 1812x469px
>>387765685
>Does anyone else find this game cringy as fuck? It just has all of these "too deep for you" recurring themes that make me physically cringe in my chair.
>>
File: 1396374320587.jpg (18KB, 379x374px) Image search: [Google]
1396374320587.jpg
18KB, 379x374px
>>387765685
>ven the music is cringy,
>>
>>387765685

Do yourself a favor and stop playing.

And then hang yourself.
>>
>>387765685
Not really a spoiler but kinda but no it isn't:
Endings A and B are pretty much a prologue, dont be a fag and continue.
>>
Not OP, but the game is on sale and I wanna know if it's worth it.

Like, how good is the gameplay? I tried the demo and I didn't feel too hot about it, but I already played Drakengard 3, so I have an idea of what I'm getting into (when it comes to themes and story).
>>
>>387765685
Weebs cream themselves every time Nietszche is referenced.

https://boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/Nietzsche/
>>
I think you'd be better off leaving the game and instead getting yourself a trench coat and fedora.
>>
>>387767489
But THIS. CANNOT. CONTINUE.
>>
>>387767250
>not just hacking everything so you can speed through 9S' shitty exposition route
It's route A but a shmup where you occasionally mash R2

The only big reveal should probably already be obvious to you if not spoiled 10x over
>>
>>387767250
Your completed side quests carry over
Can't do them unless you failed or missed them the first time around
It also unlocks new side quests only available to 9s and reveals new plot throughout the play through
>>
>>387767256
Spoke too soon
>>387767589
>>
>>387767552
Op here. I mean the gameplay is good and it's obviously a well made game mechanically, I am just having a really hard time relating to the story. As another anon put it, it's like a Saturday morning anime show. And idk, I went into it thinking it would be deeper than that?
>>
>>387767851
but the robots trying to have sex!
Its so deep and complex!

You got memed the game is dumb
>>
>>387765685
This entire read was pretty sad.
>>
The game isn't deep
It name drops philosophers and asks some timeless questions but it never explores the questions it raises
>>
>>387767851
Well, you already got the game, finish it and make your conclusion
>>
>>387765685
sounds like you came in expecting it to be pretentious so it's what you make of it. Also never heard someone call music arbitrary before.
>>
>>387767953
Case in point, just moments like that where it feels that the game is going out of its way to force a reaction from you.
>>
>>387767851
>>387767156
First half (route a and b ) are the worst parts of the game
>>
>at least half the people on /v/ who play or played Automata never played NieR
>>
>>387767851
My main gist with it, at least from the demo was that the normal difficulty was too easy and hard was basically a bullshit one-hit-kill mode.

I can't comment on the story; but the music is quite beautiful, getting mad because it is sung in a made-up language seems like a dumb thing to feel. If it was sung in latin, jap or italian and you didn't know those languages, then what would be the difference?
>>
>>387768208
Sadly thats my case, I wish I had played
>>
File: 1421010758178.jpg (37KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
1421010758178.jpg
37KB, 355x236px
>>387767851
but I'm op.
>>
>>387766009
Agreed, wasn't too hot on this game at first but I loved it so much by the time I got onto the last few endings that I 100% it
>>
>>387768263
The difference is that somebody in a studio actually sat down and made up some vowel sounds, slapped them together and called it a language. And this just adds to the "too deep for you" feelings I get from the game.
>>
>>387765685
Sorry you have shit taste anon

Finish either route C or D before talking about the story
>>
>>387765685
>Even the music is cringy
You fucking what?
>>
File: 1437517733238.png (10KB, 143x134px) Image search: [Google]
1437517733238.png
10KB, 143x134px
>>387765685
>even the music is cringy
nigger what
>>
>>387768208
>several months ago
>was poorfag at the time, but intended to get Nier sometime in the future
>skipforward to that fateful E3
>Nier Automata announced, developed by Platinum games
>suddenly the prices of Nier skyrocket
>now it's either sold out or overpriced

Fug.
>>
>>387768418
You sound like an unappreciative and pretentious cunt.
>>
>>387765685
>Does this game get any better?
No. What you see is what you game. Play something better like DMC3SE.
>>
>>387768418
It's just an easy way of getting the sound of a singer without having to worry about actually writing the lyrics. It's the musical equivalent of the sounds Midna makes in Twilight Princess.
>>
>>387768418
The language was designed by the vocalist in the music not anyone in Platinum or Yoko Taro.
>>
>>387768657
But I already played that dozens of times.
>>
>>387765685
le Cringe! xD
>>
I just finished route A and started B, I only play this game in my sparing time but so far I don't think it's cringy (btw, I hate how that word gets tossed around lately as a way of valid criticism). I mean, it's kind of cliche so far, but I've just basically begun the game.

I don't think it's trying to be really serious, just look at Taro and the type of games he makes. I think you went in expecting a masterpiece of storytelling given so many reviewers out there are calling it one. Me, I just love hack n slash games so I went in expecting a solid fast paced action ride and if the story is competent then it's a plus.
>>
This is fine and all, but there is a more important topic to discuss.
Dub or sub?
>>
File: 1444315122712.jpg (31KB, 442x304px) Image search: [Google]
1444315122712.jpg
31KB, 442x304px
>>387768418
>Emi Evans says that she tries to emulate multiple languages in different ways as if said languages were forgoten, that gives the game more of a futuristic atmosphere
>she says that the """"language"""" is not even a language, she makes up literally everything on the go during the recording
>anon is pissed cause it's not an actual and functional language
it's a videogame autismo, calm down
>>
>>387769094
That's a lot of talent to be honest.
>>
>>387765685
>cringy as fuck?
>cringy
What does this word mean anymore? I don't even think anyone knows.
>>
File: 1440788224206.jpg (6KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1440788224206.jpg
6KB, 125x125px
>>387769063
2B sub > 2B dub
2B sub is more gentle when she needs to be gentle

9S dub > 9S sub
gook 9S screams like an autist during the whole game

fun fact: those who call 9S an annoying character from the very start, usually played the game on japanese.
>>
>>387768657
But that game is so cringe I LITERALLY cringe just thinking about it.
>>
>>387768897
>I don't think it's trying to be really serious, just look at Taro and the type of games he makes. I think you went in expecting a masterpiece of storytelling given so many reviewers out there are calling it one

This is possible, I remember when this game first launched and /v/ was all excited about it, calling it a masterpiece. I personally am a big Bayonetta fan, so seeing that the game was developed by Platinum was enough to get me to buy it.

>>387769063
I prefer subs because 2B has that generic female anime voice. In the original japanese she sounds more distant and detached, which I think fits her character better.
>>
File: 1490026992608.jpg (114KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
1490026992608.jpg
114KB, 499x750px
>>387769278
Then dub it is.

The way you describe 9S is giving me flashbacks of gook Rise.
>>
>>387769278
>gook 9S screams like an autist during the whole game
because he's an autistic psycho, it suits him well
>>
>>387769063
2B dub is voiced by Rina chan so I stayed away from that shit. I hear 9S dub is better, so maybe I'll switch it for route B.
>>
>>387769489
>going through a lot of shit makes you an autistic psycho

Sounds more like you are one desu
>>
>>387769278
9S is supposed to be a raging autist though
>>
File: 1458698390991.jpg (10KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458698390991.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
>>387769424
>japanese rise
>japanese fucking teddie
jesus fuck, thanks for the reminder

>>387769489
I prefer him being a cutie and then changing into an autistic edgemaster
9S dub VA was pretty good doing that to be honest
>>
>>387769574
>constantly spilling his spaghetti
>made up his own nickname
>doesn't share any of the info he gets with 2B despite being head over heels for her
>>
>>387769728
>made up his own nickname
I did this in middle school, I know its fucking sad
>>
>>387769728
>>doesn't share any of the info he gets with 2B despite being head over heels for her

Hmm it's almost as if he didn't want to fucking die cause he figured out that she's 2E.
>>
>>387768069
>literal 2 second scene that barely fazes either of the MCs
>>
>>387767552
Gameplay is pretty damn good for an action RPG, but the balance is way off. It just becomes too easy if you do sidequests and level up. I heard some people use cheats to lower their levels or something.
>>
It was anime as fuck. If you don't like anime and that kind of cheese that comes with it then you're not going to enjoy Nier Automata.

One of the villains actaully said something fucking supid like "Yes, let the hate flow through you!". I just enjoyed that because it was so shitty in the way only a japanese animation can be.

There were also neat moments in the game and its that mixture of total schlock and something neat that I like about this game.
>>
>>387765685
It doesn't get better, no. It's anime in videogame form; creatively bankrupt, mechanically hollow, and pretending to be far more than it is.

I got tired of it after they pushed the 'robots are mimicking humans whooooaaaa' shit for the tenth time as if it was noteworthy. The rest was just repetitive, simple gameplay, and japanese tropes and dialog all over the place.

Just more proof weebs eat anything up as long as it has a cute girl in it.
>>
>>387769834
Little things add up into a big picture
>>
>>387769809
Stuff like the Simone scenes, not the TOPPU SEKRETO spoilers stuff
>>
>>387769914
I thought that was more like boss background for the player
>>
>>387769884
Damn look at all those pretty meaningless descriptors you can't expand upon. You're far more pretentious than this goofy game could ever fucking be. Go take a petrol bath at a luau.
>>
>>387768069
>out of its way
Sounds like you're a nitpicking little bitch who decided the game was bad before playing and now you're tying to link what it does to your distaste rather than looking at it objectively. You keep making shit up in your head rather than analyzing what you're seeing objectively.
>>
>>387768208
Makes me sad. Nier was a great game. When I was pre-ordering Nier Automata the cashier asked me if I had the first game, then asked to borrow it. I said no of course, nobody's getting my copy but I hope he got to experience it somehow.
>>
>>387767552
It's very repetitive and doesn't match up with better titles like DMC or Bayonetta.

If you didn't like the demo, you probably won't like it. Gameplay-wise, the game doesn't develop much.
>>
>>387767953
The demographic the game is designed to appeal to things One Punch Man is a deep, and well-thought up anime.
>>
>>387770018
Sure it was, but also presented in the context of 9S learning some shit from going deep in her robo brain.

He doesn't directly say anything about it, but he does comment on it. I remember finding the line of dialogue he says on leaving the boss arena for the first time odd, like something should have came before it to prompt it.

And there was, I just hadn't seen it yet.
>>
>>387770282
>things
>>
>>387765685
kill yourself
>>
>It's a people compare Automata to DMC and Bayonetta instead of the first game thread.
I fucking hate it when people just automatically assume every game Platinum will make has to be a crazy stylish action game and story comes second.
Fuck you, it's an RPG get over yourself.
>>
I played this game through to the end because a friend said the third end was the good one. instead what i get is this inexplicable new story arc with the tower jutting out of the ground with no buildup or anything, no explanation on what happened with ALL those corrupted yorha, the resistence carrying on like nothing happened at all, no explanation on why the machines went cannibal, a new antagonist somehow less menacing and less explained than the bishie twins, and finally some random chick becoming the new pc, acting more annoying than 2b and then sacrificing herself 30 minutes later for 9s for no good reason (oh but 2b's memories influenced her!! Whatever, she only saw him like three times in her life) . All the while the questions i expected answers for from the first two playthrus are dropped entirely. right well good stuff
>>
>>387770630
>rushed the game and missed on all the explanations
>>
>>387770630
Everything you mentioned is explained, you're just a stupid fuck who doesn't understand shit unless it's spoonfed to him.
>>
>>387769884
>I got tired of it after they pushed the 'robots are mimicking humans whooooaaaa' shit for the tenth time as if it was noteworthy.

This sums up my feelings on the plot. What's disappointing is that it's not much different to the original Nier twist. In fact, it was so up-front with this theme in Automata that I was expecting Taro to develop or subvert it somehow but he never did.
>>
>>387770539
Putting words in my mouth, I wasn't expecting it to be that. I just know that platinum puts out good material.
>>
>>387770810
I hear that.

I hear that Taro doesn't make the same game twice and of that I am not convinced. I think the real test of whether or not his career is going to really take off will be his next game. He'll have more eyes than ever.
>>
>>387770916
We get it, you're a secondary who sees Automata as a Platinum game in the first place instead of a Yoko Taro game/NieR sequel.
>>
>>387767250
>Is Route B literally just Route A but without a satisfying heavy attack and instead that stupid minigame?
It has a heavy attack, it's just mapped to light attack. Try attacking immediately after dodging.
>>
>>387771026
If the game was captivating enough it would have won me over to the Taro side.

I mean, this game still has a chance. Im not going to put it down so soon.
>>
Its a japanese game, so thats nothing unusual
But some parts of it are really good
>>
>>387765685

>Music is arbitrary, impetuous

I don't think you know what those words actually mean.
>>
>>387765685
smart man
>>
>>387765685

None of it is "too deep for you," you're just a cynical asshole trying to feel self-righteous and smart. All of the themes are well-presented and the character's story and development are really well-done. The only reason you would cringe at it is if you're an intellectual tryhard.

Are these themes 100% original? No.
Have you seen most or all of these elements or themes touched on in the past? Yes.
Is the game well-written and does it utilize all of its themes and elements in a meaningful and impactful way? Also yes.

Things don't have to be completely original to be good, and things that touch on philosophy don't have to be "too deep for you." Just calm your autism and let yourself engage with the story and characters and maybe if you can manage a shred of human empathy/connection with the characters instead of being an emotionless cynic you'll actually find the game enjoyable.
>>
>>387771064

The game's combat system has a lot of really obtuse shit like that which are tough to figure out naturally and have zero in-game explanation. It's probably one of my biggest complaints with the gameplay, along with the combo system being not only just as obtuse and impenetrable but also the least effective method for fighting, with the most effective method being just spamming the simplest default combos, which gives way better damage than the complex juggles and shit people do for webms.
>>
>>387771374
>Is the game well-written and does it utilize all of its themes and elements in a meaningful and impactful way?

No it isn't. I was there at launch running through the game, searching every nook and cranny for tips, contributing to wikis and pulling from reddit posts trying to figure out what happened after a handful of us completed the game. Carefully piecing together nuances of information gathered from weapon stories and clues from endings. None of it is "written" in the game at all, its all scattered throughout separate media such as official books, plays, and orchestra. I don't fault the developer because he was clearly working on a shoe string budget and did well for what he had, but that doesn't make the result good overall. Most of the game isn't in the game and has to be pieced together from other sources to be fully understood.
>>
>>387769886
This and the what people claim as a "deep, sad story" are what make me disappointed in automata. It's not that it's bad, it's just mediocre in all aspects (except for music). Mostly because plot themes and elements are left unexplored, or because shit was done for cool/sexy factor even when that contradicts what's going in the game itself.

Things like "you cannot melee because your melee broke" transitioning into stabbing main baddie just bother me. The constant reminder that "lol, they're machines. machines aint people" coming from machines just baffles me. And while 2b's butt is the miracle of the universe, the yorha andriods' typical attire seems asinine and inconsistent when contrasted to the resistance. And while these examples may be nitpicks, they do start to stack against the experience. It's also disappointing when neat ideas are only mentioned but left forgotten or a "...".

Maybe I'm just missing something. Yeh, it's a game but the memes gave me hope.
>>
>>387765685
>cringe cringe cringe cringe

Fucking christ, we get it, you like to watch shitty youtubers like Idubbz and Leafy. Also that's not what arbitrary and impetuous means.
>>
>>387771374
>maybe if you can manage a shred of human empathy/connection with the characters instead of being an emotionless cynic you'll actually find the game enjoyable.
I went into the game with a positive outlook and I still couldn't connect to the characters, so I doubt OP will manage it.
>>
>>387771884
>The constant reminder that "lol, they're machines. machines aint people" coming from machines just baffles me

That's the whole point tho. That's why 9S finds out that black boxes are made from machine cores and that machines just imitate humans and are all connected to N2.
>>
>>387765685
Of course it's pathetic and cringy as fuck to normal people. It's a japanese game. They are all shit as long as you are not mentally handicapped.
>>
The dilemma of machines trying to be human has been so hamfisted in the 80s and 90s that they just make my eyes roll everytime someoen tries to make it sound like a profound theme.

Once youve seen stuff like GITS or Battle Angel Alita, you've seen every Jap cyberpunk story.

I'll fucking kill for a proper GITS game though, provided Cyberpunk 2077 doesnt deliver.
>>
>>387766007
Cause he payed 60 bucks for it, you smartass? In the real world people dont throw away 60 dollars, but try to use it as good as they can.
>>
>>387772506

I wont lie but Ive had many games Ive spent 60 bucks and not end up finishing. It's painful at first, but then you realize you have a job and you can earn it back again.

That said, this has led me to buy less and less games though.
>>
>>387771757

As I said before, calm the autism, man. The game tells you everything you need to know. It's fine to have some things be a bit open-ended or mysterious. Why must every tiny detail be completely explained in full? Ever tried just thinking about shit and coming to your own conclusions? I actually had a lot of fun discussing the game with friends and seeing how differently we took some of the events and developments in the game BECAUSE it was left somewhat open-ended or interpretable in certain places.
>>
>>387765685
Why do people still think the point is that machines were like people? They literally do not have any free will or actual consciousness whatsoever, besides a few exceptions, until the very end of the game, and were practically identical depending on whatever designation the network planned for them.
>>
>>387772209
My issue with that is that there's no foundation for 9s's thoughts on the thoughts of machines. If it was at least stated "machines are have no feelings because they're machines, but we androids do because x" I would have not batted an eye. Just them being opponents isn't enough.

That spoiler scene would have made more of an impact/sense if you already knew why 9s thought he was better. As it stands, it's essentially him freaking out over nothing.
>>
>>387765685

CRINGE
INDUCING

Cringy isn't a fucking word
>>
>>387772694
>or actual consciousness whatsoever

They do tho, Beepy gave them consciousness.
Plus it's explained out that their machine cores store their memories.
>>
>>387772704

Yes it is.

Well, soon it will be anyway. Dont you know how language develops?
>>
>>387772786
They are unable to think for themselves and find new solutions besides whatever solution they were given initially. They may remember events, but they are unable to learn from them
>>
>>387772702
>If it was at least stated "machines are have no feelings because they're machines, but we androids do because x"
Androids aren't supposed to have feelings. I think this is actually stated multiple times in the game. 9S thinks what he thinks about machines because that's the official YoRHa and "Human" line of propaganda, which he eventually realizes isn't true over and over and over again.

9S' character development hinges mainly on him realizing they've been fighting for ages even though they're very close to being the same. It's not a unique storyline, but IMO the character relationships and development make it work.
>>
>>387772702
>If it was at least stated "machines are have no feelings because they're machines, but we androids do because x"

This is stated shitloads of times, though. They think they're better because they're made by humans and that makes them just like humans, but those machines are just evil alien machines with no free will or capacity for emotion or thought beyond the commands programmed into them. It's said time and again in many different ways, and you're really SUPPOSED to question it and realize they're being hypocritical.

It's the dramatic irony of the story. 9S and 2B are so resolved in their belief that machines are fundamentally different from androids and that any appearance of emotion or free will is just a machine trick pre-programmed by the aliens to get the humans and androids to put their guard down. 9S constantly repeats clear propaganda shit throughout the first parts of the story, and figuring out how much he'd been lied to is exactly why he has a literal mental breakdown from the sudden disillusionment and just snaps on everyone.
>>
>>387765685
This game is severely overrated here and if you dare criticise it, the rabid fans will threaten to kill your whole family.
>>
>>387773085

Well, that's the consequence of being the only story heavy game of 2017 that's of note.
>>
>>387772985
>It's not a unique storyline, but IMO the character relationships and development make it work.

I agree. When I first started playing I instantly recognized the whole "machines and androids really aren't so different" angle and found 9S's anti-machine comments to be comical. I was a little disheartened because I thought I already knew the "twist" was going to be finding out the machines can be sentient and "Oh no, we've been misled by our commanders!" But then you discover the machine village super early on and by the time I got to route C I realized the REAL story being told was one of "What happens when you discover literally everything you've been fighting for was a lie? How do you cope with that?" And then top that off with "Now what happens when you also have literally the last thing you had a shred of caring for ripped away from you forever?" Watching 9S deal with all of that shit and the character relationships developing around it was to me very interesting and well done and actually quite unique for a video game story. I think the subject matter was actually really well handled, too.
>>
>>387770065
About as meaningless as your baseless argument.

But the fact that you get this triggered that people who aren't mentally twelve find nothing of interest in this game proves the kind of person it is targeted towards, I suppose.
>>
Do you guys think that Sartre, Cioran, Hesse are just edgy teens? Because most of the points were lifted straight from Existentialism.

The Androids believed to be so different from the machines, at first because they had feelings and the machines did not, then because the machines "simulated" those feelings because they were in the code. In that moment you, the player, should've asked yourself: are those simulated feelings any different than mine? Aren't feelings and emotions just a survival and reprodution mechanism? How am i different from animal and machines? Am i a real sentient being? Are other people real sentient beings and i could differentiate them from "philosophical zombies"? What's the meaning of this? Is conflict and suffering absolutely necessary for advancement (like the machines left immortality and split into two sides opposed to each other to press forwards).

What's edgy in this? What's "DEEP"? It's everything you should be asking yourself every day.
>>
It's a '50% of the game is good, the rest of the game doesn't matter!!!''

I hate this episode.C and D isn't even much better. The story is as basic as A and B.
>>
>>387773746

It's not about philosphers but It's edgy in a sense in that "Why am I alive" is the easiest thing make a melodramatic theme about in most drama anime. If you don't know what I mean, go read up a lot of shounen. That shit almost goes hand in hand with the villain whos not actually villain paired with a forced sob story.

There's a reason its ridiculed as babby's first philosophy.
>>
>>387773746
That's nice, except the game doesn't ask or attempt answer any of those questions. It vaguely nods in their direction and that's the entire extent of it, the rest is just your typical japanese waifu anime far garbage.

And that's been done before, plenty, and better. Try again, and get off the armchair, you pseudo-intellectual retard, you're not nearly as intelligent as you think you are. Call me when the protagonists aren't literal shounen tropes.
>>
>>387773787

I'm more insulted that 2B is relegated to a background character in C and D, which is made worse by the fact that her only route is fucking bland as fuck. If only they made it as fun as a normal Platinum game to contrast the drama heavy routes later on, it would have been a nice compromise for people who only wanted to play a game about a hot chick slicing up robots in pulse pounding action.
>>
>>387773746
>Do you guys think that Sartre, Cioran, Hesse are just edgy teens?
Not really. Them not illustrating their ideas with gay anime villains, teen robots screaming bloody nonsense over their dead waifus and "dark and mysterious" girls with zero character might be the reason. It's not just the ideas that count, presentation matters.
>>
I hate it, it's too popular.
I hate japs too
>>
>>387773746

Because it's anime as fuck?

Take out the robots and 9s could easily pass as a Naruto character, complete with sad violin.
>>
>>387765685
im sorry that youre too dumb to understand
>>
>>387774170
>9s could easily pass as a Naruto character
Actually, Nier:Automata is literally Evangelion: the vidiya and 9s is Shinji 2.0.
>>
>>387774096
>I'm more insulted that 2B is relegated to a background character in C and D

I was upset by 2B becoming a secondary character in route B and onward until I realized that 9S had been the main character all along.
>>
>>387773046

I am unsure if "we were made by man" was their (stated) reason. The most I remember relating to that was an off comment where 9s says something about it being odd that "we were made in humans' image and now the machines are mimicking us'.

I am also questioning the propaganda, because I don't recall any other than the "go fight androids, humans want off the moon" pep talks and letters. If you're saying that what 9s says is the repeated propaganda, it's still underdeveloped as it has no basis. Especially when you consider this is 9s, the curious one.

I'm now considering I might've missed shit though. As a result of my autism, guess I'm not done playing it.
>>
>>387774298

>2B is literally Rei aka a stoic woman who tries to put up a strong facade but in reality is weak and useless and highly disposable and the main protag goes into a frenzy when the copy he knows dies

So is Taro actually Anno behind that mask?
>>
>>387774392
It would be rad, but he is actually Kamiya's ugly brother.
>>
>>387774368
You didn't miss anything. You're being rused. Half the shit people are talking about in this thread, like that autistic existentialism anon, is stuff they extrapolated and assumed. The game itself gives you next to nothing.

If you notice the large amount of people who just go 'you're just not smart enough for it' they're the ones who read way, way into it and pretend like the game masterfully put all those things in place, and they didn't just make shit up.
>>
>highschool anime tier melodramatic plot with characters that are impossible to care about and the budget of 1.5 peanuts is lackluster as fuck
Oh damn
>>
>>387774101

If you can make people ask themselves philosophical questions with gay enemies, giant robots and boobs, you're welcome to do so. The question has value in itself, not only if it's a bearded man smoking a pipe telling you to think.
>>
>>387774536
A toddler can also ask those questions, without even understanding what he's asking. That doesn't make the toddler a genius or worthy of praise.

Now if he asks it in new, interesting ways, or god forbid, attempts to answer them, call the news. But he doesn't, and neither does NieR.
>>
I hate popular games. I liked this game before it was popular.
>>
>>387774508
Yeah, side characters are called Demil (cioran), Beauvoir (Simone), Sartre, Engels (Friedrich) by chance? There's nothing to "assume", the philosophical plot point is there.

>>387774616
A toddler will never naturally asks himself those questions, that's why we remember the names and read the books of those who DID ask themselve those. And I'm literally laughing at the thought of you thinking that someone should try to ANSWER philosophical questions. Nope. YOU should find what you think it's right, an it will never be right" or "wrong", there's no right answer in philosophy.
>>
>>387774508
>game actually makes you think beyond its themes taken at face value
It literally makes you think. It served its purpose
That is unless you're too lazy or dumb to do that.

I hate to say it... but maybe you just don't get it :^)
>>
>>387774101
The game isn't about the concepts, it's about the characters and how they approach or interact with these ideas.

If the fact that you replay the game multiple times as different characters didn't hammer home that this is a character-driven narrative and not about philosophy then I don't know what would. The philosopher namedrops are just namedrops.
>>
>>387774710
You realize falseflagging only makes you and other supporters who scream 'it's 2deep4u' seem even more idiotic, right?
>>
>>387774392

Reading made me actually want a proper EVA game.

Why hasnt this been a fucking thing?

I wanna play as EVA-01 ripping apart Angels while a gay faggot is shouting on the commlink like he's being castrated.
>>
>>387774616
>or god forbid, attempts to answer them, call the news. But he doesn't, and neither does NieR.

Nier's answer to those questions is basically "Yes, we live in a nihilistic universe devoid of intrinsic meaning, but life is still worth living and we can make up our own meaning and purpose for ourselves as we go along." It doesn't just say, "Dude what if everything is pointless?" and then stop there.
>>
>ctrl+f
>deep
>13 matches
Yikes, can we find a new word to meme this game with?
>>
>>387774771
>and other supporters who scream 'it's 2deep4u'

None of them do, literally the only people who say the game is trying to be deep are pretentious faggots who never played the game.
>>
>>387774760

Would be nice and all if only the characters were boring cardboard cut outs. We learn more about 2B but she herself doesnt improve as character besides being a kuudere because she's fucking dead for the rest of the game, and A2's inclusion in the story is so laughably short that she could have been a DLC story.

And worst of all, I don't sympathize with 9S at all.
>>
Holy shit another thread
Just fucking move on. It's a shitty little game weebs love because it has anime ass and vaguely hints at deeper topics.

just let them enjoy their shit. It's like going to /a/ and shitting on all their anime because it's entertainment for teenagers and manchildren and about as mentally stimulating as watching grass grow. let people enjoy whatever shit they want
>>
>>387774871

DEEP has been buzzword since the 2000s, newfriend. Lurk more.
>>
>>387774771
>supporters who scream 'it's 2deep4u'

But everyone who's supporting the game has done nothing but insist that it's NOT 2deep4u and that it's all well laid out and easy to grasp and not actually all that pretentious and just using certain philosophies as a base to tell a character-driven story about how different people cope with discovering their "purpose" turned out to be a lie.
>>
>>387775032

But /a/'s past time is shitting on loldeep anime. Nier Automata wouldnt fly there if it was an anime.

Well, old /a/ at least. I don't know how it is there nowadays.
>>
>>387765685
Quit while you can. It's praised by people who don't realize how cringy it is. You're not a retarded weeb, don't force it.
>>
>>387766009
>I didn't like thing but after forcing myself to invest a lot of time into it I convinced myself I did like it after all
Classic
>>
>>387774985
That's 2B isn't the main character, she's just the first one you play as. Stop thinking with your dick my dude.
>>
>>387775113
Then why do they love evangelion so much? It's literally 2deep4u: the anime
>>
Fuck degenerate gooks, way better games deserve recognition
>>
>>387774985
>And worst of all, I don't sympathize with 9S at all.

Is this the "I have to agree with a character to feel anything for them" meme? It's called empathy, dude. It's the ability to understand what someone is going through and feel for them without actually agreeing or sympathizing with them. I don't agree with 9S's reaction to his discoveries, and I don't agree with him snapping and going genocidal. But I certainly can empathize and understand what brought him as a character to this point and feel bad for the guy and gain fulfillment from his story.
>>
File: 1492480623590.jpg (30KB, 293x463px) Image search: [Google]
1492480623590.jpg
30KB, 293x463px
I wonder what video games you people genuinely find deep. Because it seems anytime a video game even bothers to ask any question regardless of what it is then it is either
>2deep4u
Or
>Pushing an agenda
>>
>>387775319
Name two (2).
>>
>>387775106

The music makes it pretentious though. Shits so forced like that hack Yuki Kaijura who thinks adding women sing gibberish or enka to you dirty gaijins in every fucking song makes her look like a deep musician
>>
>>387775353
How the fuck is MUSIC pretentious? How is a fucking soundtrack forced?
>>
>>387767552
half the gameplay is literally space invaders
>>
>>387775303

Yeah that would be nice if Taro didnt say that all 3 of them were main characters and didnt have me waste 10 hours of my time on a boring first route.
>>
>>387775328
Many of them actually. But I keep my thoughts and feelings to myself...
>>
>>387775328
Last Guardian is deep and subtle and mature. This is weeb trash with butts.
>>
>>387775412
REEE, I don't like, so that means it is edgy and pretentious, you cuck weeb.
>>
>>387765853
>Its a jap game, so of course there will be cringy dialogue as if written for a children's TV show
this, exactly this, japs lack subtlety, just watch any anime ever.
>>
>>387775412

By exaggerating vocals on scenes that arent really that emotional but the music tries to make like it is.

It's as bad as forced animation in some anime because it does nothing but tells the viewer "LOOK AT HOW GOOD WERE AT THIS SHIT. NEVER MIND THE CONTEXT, BUT LOOK AT THIS SHIT"
>>
>>387775113
Madoka was loved by /a/ back in the day. And it's the same melodramatic DEEP shit as Nier. Except Madoka is actually decently done and has a high production vlue
>>
>>387765685
>cringe
>too deep
Look at this idiot
>>
>>387772657
I wasn't the previous poster, I just disagreed with your statement. Further, I'm not sure how you are drawing the conclusion that I didn't enjoy myself considering we spent so much time trying to make sense of the game. Looking back, I don't feel like I wasted my time because there are people who aren't able to run through the game at length as I was and want to know, but I doesn't make it true that everything is in the game when its very clearly not. The entire character arc of A2 was abridged, the gravity of 9S and 2B relationship, the savagery of the machine war, the origins Devola & Popola's sense of guilt..these are things that are omitted from the game for budgeting and development reasons and I think they really add to the enjoyment of the story. My statement is twofold mostly: that I'm annoyed that most of the story isn't in the game though I understand why; and that I'm disagree with the universe being "well-written." Everything you need to know is not there, this is a fact.

You want to make things up about the game and otherwise come to your conclusions fine, but in brief character driven narrative senseless to leave major character motivations and world dynamics out. Bear in mind that anything not provided by the developer is fanfiction or hyperbole, no matter how much you believe otherwise. Discuss it with your friends if you like but in the end its just a theory about a video game where the information you need is willfully omitted because "lol deep and mysterious better buy the book, attend the orchestra, read my novels, etc etc, to find out the truth!"

I hope Taro made money from all of this however. Truly.
>>
>>387775563
They do have subtlety, there's just a clear distinction between weeb trash and games for normal people. Dark Souls are subtle, it's a game for normal people that doesn't rely on anime cliches.
>>
>>387775568
Care to list some examples? Songs that are quiet like the city ruins and resistance camp are really calm, while battle tracks are bombastic and loud.
>>
It's nice if you watched like only 10 anime in your life time.
>>
Horizon, Deus Ex, Fallout, Zelda are all nuch better games than Nier:T&A
>>
>>387775690
>a 13 year old tries to sound like an adult
Amazing
>>
>>387775708
>>387775721
>ips don't go up
>>
File: 1496749092322.jpg (82KB, 536x598px) Image search: [Google]
1496749092322.jpg
82KB, 536x598px
>Even the music is cringy
>>
>>387775745
Nice counter-argument you have there.
>>
>>387775690
>Everything you need to know is not there, this is a fact.

Everything anyone NEEDS to know is in the game. Just maybe not everything that YOU WANT to know. Learn the difference, it's an important one.
>>
>>387775613

It was loved by /a/, that is until Episode 9 happened and LOLTHERMODYNAMICS and QB IS AN ALIEN ensued.

Even after it finished airing, you can see the fanbase has been torn apart.
>>
Japs can't make good games, fuck fetish fucks.
>>
>>387775795
Well that's where we become subjective. What you need to know to feel content, what I do, and what another person may want are indeed very different.
>>
I keep seeing "too deep for you" and "anime cliches" shitposted in this thread but have yet to see a single actual example of either
>>
>amerilards coming out of the woodwork to get a few hits in because they haven't made a good game in a decade
>>
>>387775994

See>>387774392

Eve also looks like a fucking Accelerator rip off.
>>
>>387776039

What proud nation do you come from then? What game has your country made?
>>
>>387776057
How the fuck is that anything like rei? Confirmed for never watching evangelion
>>
File: 1502026460413m.jpg (38KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
1502026460413m.jpg
38KB, 1024x575px
>>387765685

No, actually the game doesn't pull more importance from its themes and concepts than necessary to communicate their severity, and are quite overt in their usage.

>Fictional language is CRIIIIIIIIIIIINGE xDDD

Why do I bother still coming to this site. You faggots always, without fail, repeat negative terms in an attempt to attribute deeper meaning to your non-existent arguments about why "thing bad".

There is absolutely nothing to be garnered from what you just.

"too deep for you" , "cringy" - the fuck does this even mean when you don't define what you actually mean?

If you don't like it, cool. But quit starting threads on some awful fucking platitudinousplay buzzwords.

Fuck I hate /v/.
>>
>>387776039
What is Witcher?
What is Deus Ex?
>>
>>387776149

Then fuck off, weeb.
>>
>>387776151
>Witcher
>american

>nu-Deus Ex
>good
>>
>>387776201

No u.
>>
>>387776149

Nice phone posting, faggot.
>>
>>387776151
Not a lard game.
A good Y2000 game(if math fails you that's not of this decade)
>>
>>387776149

Nobody gives a shit. Cant take the heat,get the fuck out of the kitchen.

I hear reddit is tolerant on stuff where you can only say nothing but praise for a game, maybe that place fits you
>>
I stopped just after finish 9S's story. The combat is just god awful
>>
>>387775968

When I refer to something you "need" to know, I mean "need" as in to understand the basics of the story and characters and their motivations/development. All the extra stuff you were describing is purely optional. Yeah, it's extra worldbuilding and additional information does flesh out characters further or add extra context on top of what's already there, but it's not really necessary to understand the things the game wants you to take away from it.
>>
>>387776302

>I hear reddit is tolerant on stuff where you can only say nothing but praise for a game

All I ask for is better threads. The game isn't even that good.
>>
File: 1492939959878.jpg (350KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492939959878.jpg
350KB, 1920x1080px
>>387775328
If any game is good it quickly gets overblown because there are so few even just decent games, so everyone else takes the hype seriously expects the game to be WAY more than it is, and then they call it edgy/2deep4u/etc. It's like a tiny hype bubble that expands until too many people are into it and then it pops. The game is overrated and widely discussed to the point of nier death, but a lot of people have trouble understanding that overrated =/= bad.
>>
>>387776298

>implying this place isn't full of flips and chinks

Why target burger alone? Murrika has no reason to hate japs since they won WW2. Asians who got colonized by japs on the other hand
>>
>>387776151

>What is Witcher?
Polish.

>What is Deus Ex?
Canadian.
>>
>>387776384

>All I ask for is better threads. The game isn't even that good

Too bad nigga.

/v/ was never good, and never will be.
>>
>>387776419

>that cringe as fuck dialog

Jesus fucking christ. Why must every nu-Jap game be anime as fuck?

I dont remember this shit in Suikoden and Chronotrigger
>>
>>387765685
>music I don't understand is "cringe-inducing"
>a game using the language that developer's have had as part of the setting in a game series that's literally over a decade old is "arbitrary"
really activated my almond, incredible
>>
>>387776328
again we disagree, and that's fair. What you consider fluff is critical to me acknowledging good writing enjoying my experiences. I acknowledge I am not have a greater literary interest than most, but I am by no means the alone or even in the minority. There was no small number of us building wikis, reddit posts, and scanning the fanbooks for footnotes and anything that could help us to understand what the hell happened, and perhaps more ardently those most - why it happened. How did we reach this point? Why are these characters so obsessed with one another? Why in the fuck are the pink haired twins throwing away so much for 9s? These things are critical to some in the community and very much on a need to know basis.
>>
>>387776594
you remembered wrong nigga
>>
>>387776685

Well fuck my childhood. Why must you ruin it?
>>
>>387776419
That dialogue.
The line about killing gods in the beginning.

Is there going to be a lot of literally interpreted Nietzsche in the game?

I just started, reached the desert. Gameplay is pretty fun, I like the eerie lonely atmosphere very much, music is nice too.
The only off-putting thing is the dialogue and anime-style. I'm just not quite used to Japanese way of directing/writing.
>>
>>387776149

This.
Quite frankly I have stopped visiting threads that repeat often.

Souls threads.
Metal Gear threads.
Taro threads.
Persona threads.
Etc.
All shit, always on repeat, same shit every thread. All have been talked to death, and no good will come of reading them.
>>
>>387776781
>Nietzsche in the game?
Yes. It's still pleasant, however.
>>
>>387776781
He's only referenced to be made fun of.
>>
>>387776843

Souls threads are the worst.

No matter the subject it always boils down to Souls X > Souls Y comparisons
>>
>>387776778
Because you're an idiot with nostalgia goggles. I don't even understand what would be cringe-inducing about that line. It's literally just standard English, and the idea itself of "You have to take control of your own future" isn't edgy at all.
>>
>>387776781
The line about killing gods makes more sense as you keep playing, it's much more interesting than "hurr nietzsche."
>>
>>387776915

It's not edgy, it's just so fucking cliche.

Like Terminator 2 tier cliche
>>
While we're on the topic, Persona and Yakuza are overhyped weeb trash as well. Admittedly, Yakuza is fun when you're playing it for the first time, but there are 7 of those things and they're all the same. If you're playing Yakuza in current year, you're either a weeb or new
>>
>>387776965
I take it the humans are going to be the not so good guys?
>>
>>387776302
But reddit hates anime and has a ragging anti-weeb hivemind. Sounds like it is more up your alley.
>>
>>387776965
>weebs actually think that twist was interesting
You low IQ motherfuckers
>>
>>387776985

>tfw sincere statements about life are considered "too cliche" and "bad writing" now

When did the world go so deep into ironic cynicism that a perfectly nice hopeful statement is seen as such a bad thing?
>>
>>387777067
They're all dead. What a twist, who could've seen this coming.
>>
>>387777080

It's not the twist that's the interesting part, it's the different effects it has on each of the characters that's interesting.
>>
>>387776149

>Expecting intelligent conversation on /v/

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>387777146
That was my second guess. Oh well. Makes the world even more lonely.
>>
>>387777092

Because it already goes without saying. You dont need to hammer that line on backdrop of dead robots and try to appear artsy.

Anyone who's worked their ass to earn a well paying job knows that you make your own future.

What's next? Have them say that killing is wrong?
>>
>>387773185
Persona 5 tho
but if you count that as a 2016 then fine
>>
>>387777092
>perfectly nice hopeful statement
Just be yourself! Be kind to others! There, were you shocked by my sincere statements? Are you moved yet? Are you crying? Probably not because those are boring cliches.
>>
>>387777146
>focusing on the plot of a character-driven story

The plot is just a vehicle for character development and character interactions in a story like this. It's not about the plot points, it's about how the characters experience and change with these discoveries. Most of what the characters figure out is able to be deduced by the player far in advance of it being figured out by the characters themselves. It's called dramatic irony.
>>
>shit gook game that won no awards

Justice is served!
>>
>>387777318
>character-driven story
Oh yes, the characters totally aren't cliches. 2B totally isn't a reskin of Rei with the same character arc.
>>
>>387777251

Context matters, though. The story is pretty dark and hopeless, and the hopefulness is a stark contrast and helps drive home the message that the writer is trying to get across.
>>
>>387777372

>gook game

Please, actual gooks would be insulted to be paired up with elevens
>>
>>387777232
>dead robots
Why are you complaining about the line if you haven't actually gotten to that part of the game yet? Did you just read one line and decide to get mad about it for no reason except to be argumentative and contrarian?
>>
>>387777251
Do you have this reaction when a character says 'Hello' to another character?
Do you get angry and frustrated that its done before and should thus never be done again?
>>
>>387777465
Smae difference, both deserve nukes
>>
>>387777251
Literature is just the arrangement of platitudes.
>>
File: camp_inmates.jpg (20KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
camp_inmates.jpg
20KB, 400x240px
>>387777417
>Just be yourself! Be kind to others!
Better?
>>
>>387777483

I havent played the game dipshit. I'm just pointing out how silly that line is. I'm not touching nu-jap games because they're all anime as fuck.
>>
>>387777620
Words are just collections of letters. Is this what we do in Nier threads, state obvious things and act like we're saying something smart? That's weirdly appropriate I guess.
>>
File: AT1558[1].jpg (297KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AT1558[1].jpg
297KB, 1000x1000px
>>387777251
>>387777625
>>
File: 1440311054222.png (5KB, 161x167px) Image search: [Google]
1440311054222.png
5KB, 161x167px
>>387777251
>game where literally every character dies on a planet where everyone has already died because one man inadvertently doomed the planet in order to save someone he cared about
>thousands of years later whatever weapons are left behind develop self-awareness and are still fighting each other
>"hey, maybe there's still some kind of hope after all for the whatever forms of life come next"
>ugh, soooo cliche and trite, amirite?
yeah u said it dude, I hate endings that aren't pointlessly bleak for maximum edge factor
>>
>>387777515

Hello is necessary means of communication to grab another person's attention.

Saying shit like you must make your own future is as cringy as high school graduation speeches. Nobody will take it seriously
>>
>>387777515
Yes anon, I do get that reaction when a character says 'Hello'. What a profound deconstruction of my argument. I guess we can't critique writing anymore because somebody somewhere says "Hello".
>>
>>387777724
>it's not the worst ending possible!
I would agree, it's not the worst ending. It's just a generic anime ending from generic anime. Neither bad nor good, just sort of nothing.
>>
>>387777629
I feel bad for you if you really do go out of your way to get this butthurt about video games you haven't even bothered to play and just make up arguments based on out-of-context screenshots.
>>
>>387777724

Well Dark Souls doesnt seem to have a problem with the world ending. In fact, a lot of them even laugh about it.

No need to act like a fucking optimist when things are so clear that everything is fucked up.
>>
>>387777852

Dont be. I just randomly pop into threads I have no business and scan them for the most baitable posts
>>
>>387777869
I don't know if you're deliberately playing the ending up as overly saccharine or if you just skipped it entirely and have no idea what happened.
>>
>>387777929

This makes me feel even more bad for you than the other anon feels.
>>
>>387777251
It not being shocking or completely new etc doesn't mean it doesn't fit the piece thematically.
>>
File: 1497888687120.jpg (57KB, 637x685px) Image search: [Google]
1497888687120.jpg
57KB, 637x685px
>>387777831
>It's just a generic anime ending from generic anime.
thanks for the (You) at least.
>>
>>387777415
It's highly obvious that you've havent played/watch either. Rei doesn't have emotions at all, she is literally a doll that has no sense of valuing her life because she can be replaced, but this changes and eventually comes to a point where she rejects gendo's plan. 2B on the other hand does have emotions and does value her life, but hates her situation and decides to repent by sacrificing herself to save the life of someone she cares about. The only thing they share in common is that they're not fully human, haircut, and that they're both quiet and reserved. I welcome you to voice your own opinions on why they're the same character
>>
>>387777695
I wasn't trying to be smart. I was stating something from my side of the argument. You can dislike it. You're the master of your own life.

oh shit.

sorry for being cringy.
>>
>>387777960

They get to live again in end and humans are dead. Big whoop. Why would I care?

The whole "I reject this bad ending and want a happier one" is so fucking cringy that deleting my save actually felt like good thing because that meant I'm no longer gonna replay this shit
>>
I mean I liked it fine OP

but hey, you don't even know me so who really cares what my opinion is
>>
>>387778167

How's middle school treating you?
>>
>>387778072
I don't think he's going to have any real opinions on Evangelion or it's characters besides hurr overrated cliches, anon.

>>387778167
That's great bud, try to have a nice night.
>>
>>387777168
>it's the different effects it has on each of the characters that's interesting.
Yeah, this was the interesting part for me as well.

>9S, who has discovered "the twist" multiple times has a meltdown each time because he's the one who believed it and took it personally the most
>2B, who already suspects it but deliberately avoids learning more, feels resigned about her fate
>2A, who has more knowledge and direct experience than the prior two, runs away and commits to an overzealous version of the original plan to try and make up for her own failures.
Even watching the side characters try to deal with things and eke out their own existence in a weird new world they don't completely understand was enjoyable.
>>
File: 1500394985840.jpg (136KB, 736x922px) Image search: [Google]
1500394985840.jpg
136KB, 736x922px
>>387777831
Name one anime that ends with an endless war ending because the winning side decided all the fighting is stupid and pointless.
>>
>>387778817

Sora no Woto

Most Gundam anime

And please, Nier Automata isnt even a "war". More like a fucking skirmish. An Imperial Gaurdsman would laugh at the scope of this "war".
>>
>>387778817
Shaman King(manga)
>>
>>387778817

WW1
>>
>>387765685
Its a piece of shit if you ask me, and no story line feels fulfilling.
>>
>>387774871
I wish I could put my penis deep into 2B
>>
>>387779038
>Most Gundam anime
Every Gundam war ends because one or both sides of conflict have been decisively beaten, doesn't count. Trailblazer is the only exception to this.
>>
>>387778802
>>9S, who has discovered "the twist" multiple times has a meltdown each time

It's specifically stated in the game that this is his first time fully realizing the truth. He was paired with 2B specifically so she could kill him repeatedly before he's able to sync his memories to prevent him from discovering the truth, or at least delay the inevitable, but this time he finally managed to get past that and figure it out.
>>
>>387779564
>this time he finally managed to get past that and figure it out
It's less him managing to get past that and more nobody giving a shit about him discovering truth anymore. Before the whole virusfest happened, he was going to eventually tell 2B about his discoveries, which would net him yet another erotic asphyxiation. But this time the YorHa was already on it's way to nothing so there was no point silencing him.
Thread posts: 266
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.