[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I know it's a longshot that I would find anyone here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (10KB, 329x153px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 329x153px
So, I know it's a longshot that I would find anyone here that still plays D2, but I've been looking for some information, and when I check around online, the only info I can find is for online or ladder play.

Basically, I'm playing a Paladin on Single Player right now (because I'm using a ripped version of the game), and I'm starting to run into a lot of trouble. I feel like I may have spec'd him incorrectly, but I've not been able to find any guides on how to build an effective single player Paladin anywhere. I'm patched to 1.13, so I have the ability to respec, but I don't want to waste it. Basically, I guess I'm just looking for advice on a good solo build, or if I should just keep powering through until I get to Nightmare and can farm better equipment before I respec.

Also, I had a lot of trouble in Act 2 with Scarabs and the like demolishing me in under two seconds with their lightining attacks, and in Act 3, I keep getting mobbed by Fetishes and the like and getting completely destroyed before I can even mount a defense or tele away. Any advice on this as well?

If no one can offer any help on either of these, does anyone know a D2 forum that's even active anymore? I've posted questions on several sites, but the threads always die because no one responds to them.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>387755430
What's your current stat allocation? What's your level and skill build at the moment?
>>
>>387755661

One sec, I can get a screen.
>>
the diablo thread on /vr/ is semi-active, if you don't feel like going very far.
>>
File: One.png (563KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
One.png
563KB, 960x600px
>>387755661

Here's one skill screen.
>>
File: One.png (571KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
One.png
571KB, 960x600px
>>387755661

And here's the other. The distribution is fucked because I didn't know what kind of Paladin I was going for to begin with, and flooding the skills I did made the first two acts pretty easy, but now I feel like I merc'd myself because they aren't cutting it anymore. Is there any way to salvage this or should I just respec now?
>>
>>387755907
you're right. your stat allocation is way off. str/dex to wear gear, dump EVERYTHING else into vitality.
>>
Just use Blessed Hammer
>>
The only other reason it seems rough is because it's not very easy to run into good weapons/shields for Paladins. I've been playing on /players 7 trying to get better gear, and it works alright for loot, but I've just not been able to find any loot I can actually use.
>>
>>387756072

Why is Vitality so important? I thought Paladins relied mostly on gear to keep them covered?
>>
You need a lot more vitality. Though you have to hit and run with the scarabs otherwise you will just soak up damage point blank on them. Lure them apart a bit.
>>
>>387756225
Vitality is HP. You can never have enough HP no matter the class.
>>
>>387756252
>>387756072

So, all things considered, would you recommend trying to push through to endgame with the setup as is, or should I just suck it up and respec now, lest be fucked later on?>>387756379
>>
>>387755907

121 life is extremely low for level 24. no wonder you're getting your ass kicked.
>>
>>387756603

So you would respec now and put more in to VIT?
>>
>>387755430
Is D2 worth buying for $20 or should I just pirate?
>>
Holy shit I forgot all about D2. Random question, is there anywhere online I can get this game without buying it? I'd love to play it for nostalgic reasons.
>>
File: 0bucks.png (590KB, 810x617px) Image search: [Google]
0bucks.png
590KB, 810x617px
>>387756831
>>
>>387756225
I don't think there is a single build where dumping in Vitality isn't very useful.
>>
>>387756032
You want just enough points in strength to equip your desired gear and not a single point more. For dex, you want enough to cap block if you're using a shield. If you're using a maul you can get away with ignoring dex. Energy should be ignored entirely, 10 points in it is the maximum you should ever have. The rest of your points should go into vit. If you're focusing on zeal you should be maxing fanaticism, not might. Fanaticism is strictly superior for zealots.
Also, paladins aren't a very easy first class. They're pretty gear dependent. If you're not confident you should play a sorceress, they're the easiest class to succeed with. Necromancers and caster druids can also do very well without gear.
>>
>>387756930
Pirate Bay or any torrent site of your preference. D2 is very easy to pirate.
>>
>>387757031

This isn't my first class, I've played through the end of hell with a Summoner Necro and several Barb builds over the years. I just never played Paladin. The more I learn about it, the more I'm staring to think that maybe this just isn't a great class for playing solo. I can see how it would be a great ally to have in online matches because of all the party bonuses it has, but it seems like it has the potential to be way more stressful than fun in single player. Especially since I have to get through by myself and don't have anyone to rush me.
>>
Also, does anyone have any idea how IP matches work? Can I host one and post the IP on here and just have people join my game?
>>
>>387756423
Using your first respect is nothing, you have 2 more leftover
>>
>>387756423
You don't need to respec, but if I were you I'd farm a few levels and put everything I can into Vit, you're still at the beginning, you haven't done anything irreversible yet.
>>
>>387757464
yes,if i remember you have to click open bnet in main menu and click host tcp/ip game
>>
>>387757464
If your ports are properly forwarded and your firewall settings are right, yes.
>>
>>387757031

Never played as a Sorceress, what build would you reccomend for solo?
>>
Hosting at 10.0.0.240 if anyone is interested.
>>
>>387757865
>10.0.0.240
nigguh...
>>
>>387757865
>10.0.0.240
wew
>>
>>387757735
There's frozen orb sorc, meteorb sorc, blizzard sorc, and chain lightning sorc. All of them are effective. I think blizzard sorc edges out the other sorc builds as being the easiest and most effective starter class to play.
>>
Just enough STR/DEX to wear gear.

Dump rest into vitality for HP to survive. You don't need Energy because of mana pots.

Fanatacism & Zeal are your go-to for soloing. Be careful in Hell.
>>
>play sorc
>get to hell
>IMMUNE TO MAGIC
>>
>>387758308
That's why you have the spearchucker with you.
>>
>>387758147
>You don't need Energy because of mana pots.
wait, wut
what energy has to do with mana?
>>
>>387758621
Are you confusing energy with stamina?
>>
>>387758621
1 Energy gives mana based on class:

Amazon +1.5
Assassin +1.75
Barbarian +1
Druid +2
Necromancer +2
Paladin +1.5
Sorceress +2
>>
>>387758621

Everything, that answer your question?
>>
>>387758698
You are absulutely right, it has been a long time since I played. Sorry
>>
>>387755907
>have zero points in vitality and almost no res
>wonders why he's dying so fast
get some runes from the tower in act one and put the fire res ones in your shield/helm, strength and dex is way too high, get some points in strength for simple gear, everything else in vit, go shop some lightning res gloves and boots in act one
>>
>>387756225
vitality is the most important stat for every class, even sorceress, it ensures that you dont get 1 hit killed by every elite or boss
>>
>>387755907
You're in Act 3 at level 24? With only 25 vitality?
You really should respec and pump vitality way up.
>>
>>387758136
this, also starting as a lightning sorc and respeccing later into whatever build is the best you can do
>>
>>387755430
Steam ID? I'll be building my pc soon and actually am interested in playing some d2
>>
>>387759434
>no insight hire
i cant bear to play this game anymore offline,got too accostumed to infinite mp,i'd just cheat infinite mp if i played a sorc
>>
>>387759725

I don't actually have it on steam. It's a ripped version from years ago when I actually bought the D2 collecters edition on disc.
>>
>>387759786
You can easily mod the game to add ladder runewords to singleplayer.
>>
considering playing medianxl or path of diablo next ladder reeset
>>
>>387757382
Paladin can solo the game very handily. You can play the classic Fanaticism Zealot, but that will require you to look for a good weapon a lot in Nightmare/Hell (at least a good elite one-hander, a 300% ed rare, or something like upped Butcher's Pupil).

For single player melee, you should try Holy Shock-din. You deal a lot of elemental damage. Enemies die instantly and late Normal/Nightmare is a breeze. You can destroy everything with a Cracked Dagger because all you need is Attack Speed on your weapon, all of your damage comes from the Holy Shock aura. You have a slight bit of physical damage and other things (the Vengeance skill) to help you with Lightning Immunes. Holy Freeze also works for more crowd control but lesser damage; probably HF Paladin is better for Hardcore.

You can also try Hammerdin, which is a cookie-cutter caster Paladin build and destrosy everything with modest gear. It only has problem in tight corridors like that fucking worm tunnel in A2.

Also, get more Vit.
>>
>>387760385
Also remember that Paladin has Holy Shield, Vigor, Cleanse, Redemption and a whole lot of other utility that really helps it survive and thrive.

There's no class in D2 that can't solo the game handily, with good killspeed and survivability. Hell, I'd wager a guess that each class has at least two builds that can beat the entire game on all difficulty levels without too much grinding, decent kill speed and survivability.
>>
>>387755430
Check the /vr/ you dummy
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.