[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come nobody has made a game that's just like Minecraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: Minecraft-Grass_3782587_lrg.jpg (32KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Minecraft-Grass_3782587_lrg.jpg
32KB, 420x420px
How come nobody has made a game that's just like Minecraft but better? It's obvious that the real developers haven't cared for at least 6 years. It pisses me off because this game is still fun, but also has far more potential than Mojang ever bothered to take interest in (despite the game being a gigantic commercial success).
>>
>>387752516
There's been a shitload of promising new projects, all of which have died somehow or other. Stuff like Creativerse, Fortresscraft, Lords of Überdark, StarForge etc have come and gone, none really achieving anything. I've no idea why.
>>
>>387752516
they have, there are dozens on the xbox 360.
Minecraft w/ better graphics
Minecraft w/ zombie survival
Minecraft w/ non block based physics
Minecraft succeeded because of luck..
I personally think what made it successful was the continuous add ons to a bare game. They knew what they were doing
They were making millions everyday but adding small, cheap addons that were just enough to keep people interested.
I personally think this is why Destiny was successful.
>>
>>387752516
terraria
>>
>>387752516
play DQ builders
>>
File: 1310560627643.jpg (16KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1310560627643.jpg
16KB, 221x246px
>>387752516
Keeping the game simple and straightforward was a good decision on their end, it's perfect for the 6-12 year old playerbase.

I'm mixed on where the game is nowadays. I think the constant small additions of content in the open world itself is great, I imagine if you play the game for the first time nowadays it would take a really long time before you hit the point where you learn the limitations and kind of things you can expect (if only games like Botw and Horizon could somehow incorporate this), but the actual things to do in the world itself are all really stale.

They never tried to make PvP actually fun, they just added a fucking drag of a process required to even do it anymore: endless XP grinding, betting on good enchanments, brewing potions, jesus fuck. Remember when you could just mine 24 diamonds, make some armour and go fight?
>>387753349
This
>>
>>387752516
>but also has far more potential than Mojang ever bothered to take interest in
dead wrong. they've had the meetings, they've tested builds internally that were the product of hackathons, they've tried all the community created addons and pondered what couls actually make it into mc and all of it sucks. mc is just one of those things that doesn't take well to bloated features and hyper opinionated devs. it's good as is.
>>
>>387752516
There are so many games like that, if you weren't such a raging dumb autismo you'd know.
>>
>>387754096
>pondered what could actually make it into mc and all of it sucks.

>quark
>kleeslabs
>additional banners
>biomes o plenty
>bibliocraft

instead we got
>lamas that do anything
>polar bears that dont do anything
>parrots that dont do anything but be annoying
>shitty reskins of zombies / skeletons that you WILL NOT SEE EXCEPT IN THIS ONE RARE AS FUCK BIOME that DONT DO ANYTHING
but its all ok because we got shitty terracotta blocks that do NOT fit the MC pallette
and
concrete, the only good thing that they added
>>
>>387752516
Minecraft itself isn't a bad game, the community just became so unbelievably autistic that it tainted its image forever, and Microsoft certainly didn't help. If you want to build a bunch of shit ingame with relatively low amounts of hassle then Minecraft is still one of the best games for such a thing. The alpha was gold IMO though.
>>387753110
Having tons of YouTube exposure certainly helped.
>>
>>387753349
/thread
>>
>>387753349
/thread. Terraria has way more depth than Minecraft could ever hope to have.
>>
>He hasn't heard of Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtHgJ6_rqpk
>>
>>387752516
I think minecraft is just one of those games that is pretty much void of enjoyment once you know what to expect in those caves and how to optimally survive. When you could go onto a fresh server and play for weeks where everyone would be struggling to survive with their mud huts and bronze swords, dying to skeletons and shit in a far off place, that was the peak of minecraft for me. Now someone could start a fresh """survival""" server and in a couple of hours some autist would have a fully automated farm and mine pumping out a thousand diamond ores and potatos an hour, theres just no sense of danger anymore and its basically just legos now.
>>
>>387753110
This is fact. What was the name of that minecraft clone on the 360 that had an entire bottom level of hell and jumping, screeching spiders everywhere? That shit was doink.
>>
I still like to go on 2b2t sometimes and just get really far out and see what sort of shit I can find. Sometimes you can find ancient shit from years and years ago its pretty neat. Last time I went on I was running for hours on untouched land and came across a single bed ontop of a tree with a sign from 2009 and a chest with the guy's stuff in it.
>>
File: 1482155272475.gif (886KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1482155272475.gif
886KB, 540x540px
>>387755239
>came across a single bed ontop of a tree with a sign from 2009 and a chest with the guy's stuff in it.
hes dead

threadly reminder that hunger update == worst update
>>
>>387754891
This.The genre isn't survival/crafting anymore. There is no sense of danger looming, just who can build the largest shit.To me it's just a way to pass the time.
>>
>>387752516
3D DORF FORT PLS 3D DORF FORT PLS 3D DORF FORT PLS
>>
>>387755239
I didn't even know this server existed, I have to check this out.
>>
>>387753349
I'm almost hesitant to call this "Minecraft but better" because it's so much better that it doesn't even feel like it's the same league.
>>
>>387756956
Getting out of spawn is the most challenging part. Its so incredibly beyond fucked. Good luck.
>>
>>387757579
Fuck, I didn't even think about that. I'll try my best though, thanks. This seems extremely interesting though.
>>
>>387757579
M8 I play deathmatch on CSGO, I don't want to hear shit about bad spawns.
>inb4 hurr muh laser reflexes
>>
I'd just like to add that minecraft modders are way more talented and dedicated than most game devs these days. I haven't looked at any mods for a few years now but I know there are/were some extremely high quality ones that added incredible depth, sometimes several times larger than the actual game has, and many of them were well enough done that they could have been paid expansions.
>>
>>387754439
>that feeling when you don't like building with wool because it's too bright/that texture and stained clay is too dark and concrete comes out
feels good
>>
>>387757740
It is actually really interesting, thats the appeal of the server. Is that its pretty much the longest running MC server that has never been reset or fucked with by admins. Even when 13 hackers invade and make an endless wall of lava and other crazy shit, the admin doesnt do anything about it. That is basically what spawn is, its a cluster-fuck. But once you get out of spawn you start seeing the neat stuff.
>>
>>387754891
This. I remember as a kid playing the early days of minecraft, the magic was really lost on me starting when I realized that if you wanted to, you could just dig a hole and plug it up every night and get by just fine.
>>
>>387758186
Huh, that seems really cool actually.
>>
>>387754891
>you will never play minecraft for the first time again
>you will never be afraid of being outside at night again
>you will never tame your first wolf again
>you will never feel wonder/fear entering pregenerated structures like mineshafts or dungeons again
>you will never find villagers and try to 'befriend' them by trading with them and seeing the green sparkles
>you will never find your first diamonds again
>you will never build a cobble house and think its the coolest thing you've ever done again
(side note, if you're looking for danger/difficulty and a sense of realism try terrafirmacrift, shit is actually cash)
>>
>>387752516
Terraria
>>
>>387752516
what do you mean by better exactly ? Just branching out to more mechanics and items and such ?
>>
>>387753349
>a shitty 2D game with overcomplicated controls and UI and looks like utter shit
don't think so my friend
>>
>>387752516
Terraria
>>
>>387753349
This, but would be even better if Terraria in 3d
>>
>>387758925
>3D terraria
fuck no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mGLmqdxkL4
>>
>>387758415
>terrafirmacrift
Can ya at least shill me on this
>>
File: 1453182865934.jpg (62KB, 606x540px) Image search: [Google]
1453182865934.jpg
62KB, 606x540px
>>387758805
>put mouse on thing
>click
>>>>overcomplicated
holy shit anon
>>
>>387755112
total miner forge nice description
>>
>>387758645
Sounds like OP wants more depth, there's only so many ores, so many plants, so many weapons, etc. There's an infinite amount of ways to build things and set them up, but that's just one part of it.
>>
>>387754891
>>387758247
>kids when minecraft came out
You only found it dangerous and exciting because you were easily immersed children. Everyone else realised immediately that you're untouchable if you build your house on top of a tree instead of ground level.
>>
>>387760170
>tfw still so immersed that I'm scared to be in dark caves because even though I know all the mobs, things popping out of nowhere still frightens me
I know it's just a stupid game made up of blocks, but come on. Shit is terrifying. Even going out at night is scary.
>>
>>387760791
>>387754891
I agree. In Vanilla I'm cautious to go down a cave due to a stealth creeper coming from the corner yet modded MC has me scared shitless due to the amount of hostile mobs I have installed. I really think they should spice up the underground. How many mines are you gonna stumble upon?
>>
People don't want Minecraft but better, they want Minecraft.
>>
>>387758386
Check out my old base from 2012 if you ever go there.
It's at X: 31,000 Z: -91,000
My current base is 1.5million blocks out.
>>
>>387761767
>they want Minecraft.
we want
>the "promised" mod API
>USEFUL updates for performance and features
>M$ out and stay out
not the sorry escuse of updates we get handed out yearly with a new block that you will need to travel to the farlands and back to find enough to use to build with
or the shitty excuse of a "texture overhaul" jeb is working on
>>
>>387754439
>Biomes o plenty
Opinion discarded, that mod and most of it's terrain is utter garbage.

>Bibliocraft
Nigger what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>387762923
>Nigger what the fuck are you doing?
putting ideas out there

thats more than fucking mojang right now working on a glorified texture pack
fight me
>>
>>387755757
hunger single handedly ruined the game
>>
>>387762686
>My current base is 1.5million blocks out.
How do you expect me to get there?
>>
>>387763140
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/hunger-strike
>>
>>387753349
better adventure game, way worse world-creating game
>>
>>387762923
I don't get it, Bibliocraft looks cool.
>>
>chisels and bits
mod of 2017
>>
>>387762878
You're not we, we is someone else.
>>
i still play in 1.8.9. I don't know why, but every update after that just seems less and less like minecraft
>>
>>387753415
This
>>
>>387763464
>people are still not bitching about the never ever official mod API
>people are still not bitching about how shitty MC's performance is
>people are still not bitching about how M$ is turning MC into "paid mods 2.0: flop harder"
>>
File: 1489113891543.png (355KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1489113891543.png
355KB, 500x447px
>aether 2 ruined
>Biomes o plenty removed all the nether stuff and that barley fields biome
>>
>>387763216
just walk along the nether highways.
it only takes about a week of real life time to get there.
2b2t has autism beyond your wildest comprehension
>>
>>387763696
>Biomes o plenty removed all the nether stuff and that barley fields biome
check config?
>>
>>387752516

Early access on Steam is full of these types of game. They're all trying to be Minecraft but better, they all invariably end up Minecraft but worse, full of bugs and so poorly made it barely runs before it's abandoned and the developers are never heard from again.
>>
>>387753110
>>387754441

Not to mention the OST is fucking god tier, perfect and ambient for building, digging, and just general droney tasks
>>
>>387753349
>terraria
>comparable to minecraft
>>
>>387764162
shut up notch
>>
>>387763820
Barley fields is gone forever but they added the nether stuff back in the latest version
Still mad about how fucked the Aether 2 is
>>
>>387763924
What was the minecraft before minecraft came out? Surely there were out mining games with procedural whatever.
>>
>>387763924
Don't remind me, Creativerse is a prime example of doing it wrong.
>>
>>387752516
Is there a mod that takes me back to 2010, before the hunger bar?
>>
>>387764202
m8 please terraria is a great fucking game, I just spent like a day or two playing it straight but it's apples and oranges
Very different games
>>
>>387764326
see>>387763295
>>
>>387764326
just play an older version of the game?
>>
>>387764221
Infiniminer
>>
File: IMG_7503.jpg (202KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7503.jpg
202KB, 1280x720px
I honestly don’t give a shit about what they added or what should or shouldn’t be in the game, my problem is the basic movement and interactions of the game.

If you had all of minecraft fused with the movement and feel of Eldtritch I wouldn’t need any other game ever again.
>>
>>387752516
>this thread
>not a single mention of minetest
Shame on you
Anyone here played FTB? How is it?
>>
>>387765453
FtB are the bottom barrel modpack distributors, incompetent retards.
The tekkit lads could at least put together a pack that wasn't a random assortment of mods with duplicates, buggy mods, etc. but they retired and got actual jobs.

If you want a good modpack you make it yourself
>>
Only thing I don't like about Minecraft is that its worlds are so huge, yet you could basically do everything in a very tiny portion of that world. I'm not the type of guy that builds a bunch of pointless shit, so I just like to play survival. I wish this game really had waaaayy more content for it's survival mode, like more bosses, mobs, generated structures and other shit like that. There's only 3 fucking bosses, 2 of which are ez as fuck, and the other is not as ez but still ez.
>>
>>387765453
minetest fucking sucks

why would anyone mention it?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.