[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game do you love that's underrated or just complet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

What game do you love that's underrated or just completely forgotten about? Convince someone else to give it a try!

I've been playing Folklore for PS3 - A game I picked up almost 6 years ago and never played.

It has outstanding graphics for a game that came out in 2007, as well as some pretty interesting gameplay mechanics.

This guy did a pretty good video on why it's a great game that convinced me to try it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sJp6eAZt4Y
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 268x188px
Bujingai The Forsaken City is a great example of a game nobody played or even knew existed. It has some good fight mechanics and music.

The main character is even modelled off and voiced by Gackt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkXSUt23CZ4
>>
I can't handle the irony of the name considering nobody remembers the game even exists

It had a good story, though.
>>
File: Kingdoms of Amalur_1.jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdoms of Amalur_1.jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has a pretty great world and soundtrack. Unfortunately, another one of those offline MMOs that was easily forgotten about it was actually meant to be an MMO so i'm not exaggerating
>>
Call of Juarez Gunslinger was fun as fuck but nobody played it.
>>
>>387752823
Mah nigger that's the best fucking wild west game on PC, nothing beats the feeling of shooting assholes in the face with dual handed sawed-off shotgun.
>>
>>387751898
I'm sad that Sony shot down the PSP sequel, just on the basis that it means the IP is probably completely dead.
>>
File: Folklore - Ellen.Faery.Bargest.7.jpg (510KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Folklore - Ellen.Faery.Bargest.7.jpg
510KB, 1024x576px
>>387753123

I'd love a HD remaster or something, but I doubt that would ever happen.

I feel like it was a PS2 inspired game living in the online multiplayer PS3 world and it got completely overlooked by most people.

It took me 3 years to even find a copy, and I only ever saw one second hand so I grabbed it.
>>
>>387753472
I'm looking forward for another sequel or something since the dev seems to be interested in boring zombie game, anyway it's digitally released game. How did you came across physical copy of it? Are you from eastern Europe?
>>
File: 1-P1Y2zFaJweQugQRhdrxC-g.jpg (492KB, 1513x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1-P1Y2zFaJweQugQRhdrxC-g.jpg
492KB, 1513x1000px
Steambot Chronicles was fucking excellent. I really want to play it again one day and give it a good play and actually finish it.

The PAL version was laggy so the only copy I had was shit to play. Might download the US version.
>>
Blackguards. Good, tough hex combat. Story is better than I expected, and the art direction is really cool, especially in the second game. Often on discount for like 5 bucks and they're also on gog, so...
>>
>>387753860

Australia. Found a single copy in a GAME store. I'm pretty sure GAME went out of business real fast here, only being open for a couple of years.
>>
>>387754023
Don't read the history about Steambot Chronicles 2.
I don't want you to feel sad.
>>
>>387754109
I'm more surprised that this type of game isn't banned in Emuland.
>>
File: Splatterhouse_(2010_video_game).jpg (44KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
Splatterhouse_(2010_video_game).jpg
44KB, 250x310px
>>387751898
Just bought this a few days ago. Already played through it twice and am currently trying to 100% it. I'm a massive horror fan and I love beat-em-up style games like Streets of Rage and Final Fight.
As far as graphics go I like the cel-shaded art style and the monster designs are fun.
Plus it includes Splatterhouse 1,2 and 3 which are all fucking great so it's worth it for that alone.
The story is pretty interesting as well taking inspiration from a bunch of horror films and the original trilogy of games.
Play it if you're looking for a beat-em-up style game with a bit of hack and slash.
Oh and Jim Cummings is fucking great as the Terror Mask.
>>
>>387752592
Ack, I couldn't get through this one. I like the idea more than the game. Played the demo, hated it. Bought it years later anyway, whoops still hate it.

It's lacking the permanence and urgency that a singleplayer game could have. Playing it feels like an empty MMO.

Not a fan of the character progression and the story didn't keep me interested, so never started it up again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.