[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/ should I play LoL? I've played lots of DotA and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /v/ should I play LoL? I've played lots of DotA and some HotS.

>DotA
-Long ass games where you're often trapped in a cage with a Peruvian monkey
-While it is possible to win the game even with 1 person running down the lane feeding it ain't fun
-All the heros added since WC3 DotA are either broken or useless

>HotS
-Babbys DotA
-Fast games make shit teammates more bearable
-I kinda like not having items just so I don't waste time at the shop, I like fragging noobs
-Shit hero system, have to either nerd it up 24/7 to get every hero or dish out money lmao

What, if anything, is good about LoL? Often times it's got more viewers than all Blizzard games combined, trailing only a bit ahead of DotA sometimes.
>>
File: atkhere.png (26KB, 1116x677px) Image search: [Google]
atkhere.png
26KB, 1116x677px
I typed too much shit to let this thread peace the fuck out.
>>
as an oldfag who played dota on custom, thought lol looked fag nooby, and then played whatever the 3. was called for a while before switching to lol because everyone played it; lol is my poison because I can't be arsed to hardcore autist for 70 minutes.
ps didn't read your thread
>>
/v/ will inexplicably flip the fuck out whenever anyone discusses a moba that isnt DOTA so dont expect much besides a lot of retards screaming "assfaggots"

I recommend League if you can handle typical moba toxicity, its pretty fun.
theyre reworking the rune system soon too so all of the "LEAGUE IS PAY TO WIN" faggot retards will be BTFO

it's a lot simpler than dota though, if you can bear that.
>>
>>387752102
>Soon(tm)

still have to pay for the heroes, kid.
>>
File: 5461346134614598.jpg (22KB, 404x364px) Image search: [Google]
5461346134614598.jpg
22KB, 404x364px
All MOBAs are trash I made the mistake of getting addicted to both LoL and DOTA

fuck this shitty genre I dont get how anyone could defend league or fucking Dota
>>
File: sad insect.png (336KB, 636x708px) Image search: [Google]
sad insect.png
336KB, 636x708px
>>387751947
>hardcore autist for 70 minutes.
>ps didn't read your thread
Thats kinda why I wanny play either HotS or LoL. Often times DotA games are over at the 20m mark, but people refuse to work as a team and the game just drags on. When I play with friends that's cool, but solo queing with third world trash is totes unfun.
>>
>>387750969
HotS is trash
In LoL you can surrender matches, which Dota lacks. There is less of a feeling that everyone is a glass cannon in LoL than Dota, but LoL is missing some mechanics that add depth to the game like denying creeps and stacking camps. Overall though it comes down to which game has the character you like the skillset of the best. I like both Dota and LoL, but I play LoL more because I love playing as fiddlesticks in LoL, and there isn't a great parallel to him in Dota.
Who do you like to play in Dota? I could recommend some characters to try
>>
File: 1355359668549.png (14KB, 655x543px) Image search: [Google]
1355359668549.png
14KB, 655x543px
>>387753175
>Who do you like to play in Dota?
Tiny Treant
Protector Centaur
Axe Doom
Bounty
Hunter Troll
Warlord
Ursa
Slark
Nyx
CM
Zeus
Windrunner
Silencer
Twin Headed Dragon
Witch Doctor
>>
>>387754040
wtf lol

dota has a hero called protector centaur?
and hunter troll?
lol
>>
>>387754510
Messed up my formatting on a few of those, whoops.
>>
>>387754040
Pretty wide variety you got there bud
>tiny
Amumu
>treant
Maokai
>centaur
Hecarim
>Axe
Darius
>BH
Warwick
>Ursa, slark
Udyr
>CM
Janna
>Nyx
Kassadin
>Zeus
Karthus
>Windrunner
Ashe
Doom, Troll warlord, Silencer, Jakiro, and WD don't really have a good parallel
>>
File: 1440442580532.jpg (151KB, 975x962px) Image search: [Google]
1440442580532.jpg
151KB, 975x962px
>>387754790
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm gonna look up YouTube videos of those heros and see if its for me.
>>
>>387754790
I can't help but notice your post is terrible, and the only somewhat accurate comparisons are Axe to Darius and Zeus to Karthus, because they literally started out as knock-offs.
>>
File: video game skills.png (280KB, 1000x789px) Image search: [Google]
video game skills.png
280KB, 1000x789px
Don't waste your time on League of Legends, just play Dota 2
>>
Dota is good if you actually want complexity and a game that requires skill, HotS (so I hear) is fun for screwing around in. LoL is this awkward middle ground that really isn't fun OR complex
>>
>>387756336
>Hearthstone's 70 million users is higher than Dota's 110 million unique users (outside of China)
>League of Legends is less popular than CS:GO

What is this chart?
>>
>>387756864
league's popularity has dwindled massively in the west. those games get way more twitch viewers than league ever had in tourneys nowadays
>>
File: 1345746886810.jpg (493KB, 700x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1345746886810.jpg
493KB, 700x1010px
>>387756579
Thing is I can only get my friends to play DotA sometimes, I'll probably end up solo queing a lot. DotA makes me froth at the mouth when I'm on the loading screen and I already hear the Spanish music playing...
>>
File: ......png (560KB, 1034x916px) Image search: [Google]
......png
560KB, 1034x916px
>>387752102
>inexplicably

/v/ hates LoL because it's a cancerous non game made by cancerous non people. the way they fucked over the dota allstars community to promote their game is one of the most disgusting and unethical moments in video game history. riot deserved precisely 0 success with their faggot game and now it's dying they will go with it. an absolute stain on the face of the gaming industry.

you can tell how desperate they are because they've started marketing here.
>>
>>387752102
>toxic
Fuck up cunt.
>>
>>387756336
>dota 2 harder than brood war
huh ?
>>
>>387756336
Dota 2 is a shit load better than lol but they really aren't all that different when it comes to skill ceiling. Also no moba should be anywhere near that far right, it's literally a genre made for people who can't handle playing rts games.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.