[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Finally getting around to Underrail >Gun build >Caves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: underrail.jpg (213KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
underrail.jpg
213KB, 1024x768px
>Finally getting around to Underrail
>Gun build
>Caves
>Rathounds rathounds rathounds fuck you rathounds
>We heard you like rathounds, here's some RATHOUNDS
>So many rathounds I have to resort to zoning in and out of the area and occasionally running back to the base to heal up

Alright /v/, what am I doing wrong here? Was I suppose to get a companion somewhere? Maybe I missed out on some sweet motherfucking gear? I got my pistol and ammo, but what else is there? I run into five rathounds that proceed to tear me to shreds so I have to resort to these hit and run tactics, which gets real annoying real quick, and occasionally find myself huffing it all the way back to the medbay to heal up.

Surely this isn't the way the game is intended to be played?
>>
>>387750120
What are your stats and attributes?
>>
>>387750120
The beginning is a little hard, but nothing you shouldn't be able to handle.

A gun build is probably the hardest in the early game though, psi/melee gets you through rathounds a lot easier.
>>
>>387750120
>Alright /v/, what am I doing wrong here?
You are not using all the tools the game gives you. In fact it sounds like you are barely using any of them.

>Was I suppose to get a companion somewhere?
Nope, no companions.

>Maybe I missed out on some sweet motherfucking gear? I got my pistol and ammo, but what else is there?
There are several things you can get before going into the outposts.

You can buy grenades/molotovs in the armory, they pretty much instagib rathounds. You could also buy mines for the same effect.

Rathounds have no damage threshold/resistance whatsoever so you could buy some JHP ammo for more damage, but I never found that necessary at this point in the game.

Old Jonas (the guy you met in the outpost outside of the station) sells bear traps and flares. He will also give you a really good tip when asked about rathounds- they are deathly afraid of fire, including flares. As soon as they see any kind of flame, be it a grenade, mine, flare or an exploding barrel, they will start running away.

>I run into five rathounds that proceed to tear me to shreds so I have to resort to these hit and run tactics, which gets real annoying real quick, and occasionally find myself huffing it all the way back to the medbay to heal up.
Then try to pick them one by one, or at least try not to attract all 5 at the same time. They are rarely that close to each other.

Another tip- rathounds can't open doors, but you can close them in combat. You can also shoot through chain-link fencing. Add those two together and you can shoto at them as much as you want while they are completly unable to reach you.

Also just so you know, it's only going to get harder later on. Rathounds are piss easy compared to psibugs you will meet shortly after. Better buy W2C ammo and grenades/mines for them.
>>
File: pip.png (126KB, 463x264px) Image search: [Google]
pip.png
126KB, 463x264px
early game is relatively hard for firearm builds. I would probably recommend you do what you were doing: hit and run. It's boring but not as boring as going back to the med bay, and you would only have to do that strat for the first tutorial quests at SGS.

btw, firearms are the least fun build in the game imo
>>
Hmm. Good tips so far, thanks bros. I don't have a problem rerolling this early, but I went firearms and started putting points in throwing because assault rifles and grenades sounded like a fun build, but if it's going to present an issue early on and never get fun, the why bother? What are some fun builds that I should check out?
>>
>>387751551
It's not an "issue", you just need to git gud

But a psi build is the most fun imo, although running up and just beating on people with a fat hammer is pretty fun too
>>
>>387751352
>btw, firearms are the least fun build in the game imo
I don't think any build is inherently less fun that the other. Psi probably allows more creativity than everything else, but every build has tons of options.

>>>387751551
>I went firearms and started putting points in throwing because assault rifles and grenades sounded like a fun build, but if it's going to present an issue early on and never get fun, the why bother?
Assault rifles get really fun and strong later on, unless you don't enjoy killing multiple enemies with a single 9-shot burst. Really, AR builds are among the strongest in the entire game.

>What are some fun builds that I should check out?
Pretty much everything is. My favourite is sniper because there is just something special about being able to 1-shot literally everything in the game from as far as possible.

Pure psi is probably the strongest overall and as I said you can get really creative with it, mixing different powers etc.
>>
>>387752031
>I don't think any build is inherently less fun that the other
fun is obviously subjective. I think it's less fun because it's more of a brute force build, and I dislike just standing there, taking damage and obliterating everyone else in return.

Agile melee (knives or unarmed) or psi is so much more fun for me because of the amount of abilities you get for dealing with different enemies and combat encounters.
>>
File: (16).jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
(16).jpg
60KB, 550x366px
I miss daily Underrail threads we had shortly after release.

>tfw it's been almost 2 years since then
>>
>>387753272
We'll probably get another round of them when the expansion comes out.
>>
How good is this game?

I've played fallout 1 & 2 and this game minimally peaked my interest
>>
>>387754623
It's pretty much as if Fallout, Deus Ex and System Shock had a threesome.

Less C&C than Fallout 1/2 (still a fair amount of it though) but much better turn based combat with literally dozens of unique builds, multiple approaches to most situations, better exploration, really cool XP system, good setting and lore, etc.
>>
File: 1377477769208.png (484KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1377477769208.png
484KB, 700x1200px
>Not being a Muscle Wizzard and punch shit with your mind

This place just reminds everyone every day that they hate fun
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.