[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All the "Muh ASSFAGGOTS" memes aside, how does this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: league of lel.jpg (9KB, 357x141px) Image search: [Google]
league of lel.jpg
9KB, 357x141px
All the "Muh ASSFAGGOTS" memes aside, how does this game do in 2017?
There seem to be huge balance issues. Out of the big roster of champs only a few are viable picks to be honest and they are all in the upper price segment. You still have to buy each one and on top of that seals, unlock runes etc. How is this even a thing in a supposedly skill based game?
>>
I've noticed lately no game we play is evenly matched, Its either we stomp the other team into a surrender or they stomp us into an early finish or surrender.
>>
>>387745813
I play HoN and it's the same shit. Comebacks are simply not statistically likely without a coordinated team of tryhards. The only time they happen is when somebody good grabs a mic and captains everyone to follow objectives, so in LoL where voip is banned it's less likely.
>>
>>387745813
I heard its something to do with the system pushing players to a 50% winrate. This season, most of all felt like we either curbed stomped the fuck out of the team or we'll getting assfucked. It might just be the region. NA people tilt so fucking hard and give up.
>>
>>387746196
Do people still play HoN? Might give it a shot.
>>
>>387746768
Ya, I don't have trouble finding games in EU. Dunno how active NA is though. Basically, garena took over and the game is somehow still around, but it is what it is.
>>
>>387746426
I wish I was on a 50% winrate. Maybe I just suck but I love the matches in which its a constant back and forth and we win either by just having that final great play or just outwit them in some way. These haha look I'm 9/1/5 just wait until I'm full build, oh wait never mind they ff'd
>>
>>387745210
honestly you are better off playing dota 2.
league was great during season 1 and 2. all the way back in its inception. there were no meta restrains and you didnt get banned for playing an unconventional role or being "toxic". the game evolved into towards the negative side in my opinion. theres nothing really great or unique about it anymore and people only continue to play it because of monetary investment in champs/skins, because if theyd ever stop playing they feel like they would loose the money the put in so they force themselves to continue. i dip back in occaisonally to see whats what and how the game changes but i dont even stay for more than one game before i go back to playing other games.
>>
>>387747148
Yeah constant back and forth is when the game is at its most intense lel.
Otherwise it's just boring honestly.
>>
>>387747443
I've wanted to get into Dota but I'm a slave to the locked cam and my friends being lolbabies. How is the jump?
>>
>>387747498
>>387747148
Those kinds of comebacks happen mostly due to griefers overfarming/not following objectives or weak lineups not doing the right thing (again following objectives) vs wardless teams.

It doesn't feel satisfying at all to me because I know these wins are made possible due to gross stupidity.
>>
>>387747692

How the fuck do you play with locked camera? I'm gonna guess you're probably some bronze shitter so jumping from that to Dota will be a nightmare for you. You're better off playing HotS.
>>
>>387747692
my switch went fairly easy actually.
i got a dota 2 key in the very first handout batch and gave my two others away on /v/ since most of my friends got in too.
the fact that it was just dota 1 with updated graphcis helped immensely since we only started playing league because it was advertised as a dota killer or "what dota should have been".
i put maybe 60 bucks total into league and i had a minor inner conflict about just abandoning the money like that but that didnt really bother me as much in the end. after a while i also grew completely unable to play with a locked camera.
>>
>>387747692
Well, locked cam is nothing else than gimping yourself in almost any situation. You can ctrl + 1 and hold 1 if you want locked cam, but using it all times is a bad habit to get rid of.
>>
>>387745813
Play ranked you fool
>>
>>387747692
Terrible the first few games then you get used to it and you'll never want to go back.
There is not just edge pan, you can hold a button to drag the camera or even rebind the camera movement keys and do it that way.
>>
As said before people tilt so fucking hard in this game and most players know it. So you have players who do well and taunt/rile up people into going ballistic.
You have several types of tilted players too
>the "I give up completely" kind that either runs straight into the enemy or afks/leaves the game
>the angry kind that yells at their teammates and continue to do worse because they're pissed the fuck off

The big problem with LoL is that it punishes the smallest of mistakes due to the way more kills = does more damage or whatever else. The "skill" comes from who kills who first in lane phase and steamrolls or who ganks who first and gets a kill and steamrolls.

This kind of snowball shit is awful in League especially. In DoTA most heroes are still so fucking strong anyway whereas in LoL there's a huge powergap with items.

If they truly wanted to balance the game more towards skill, they'd remove items and runes and have you choose masteries on champion level up. Now you have way less shit to balance, everyone is on relatively equal footing, there's still snowball aspects with leveling up but not as severe, and you keep build variety provided you tune mastery numbers to compensate.

Forgot to mention that despite its huge champion pool most champs nowadays have "Damage skill, CC skill, gapcloser/mobility skill, BIG damage skill"

in the end the good champions are whoever scales better with better items and can jump around the field like a frog
>>
>>387747443
Don't listen to this retard. Don't play either game. This guy's just fallen down the dota 2 rabbit hole so far that he actually believes the whole "you'll get banned for 'breaking meta'" when it's really just some dickback slamming in Fid support in ranked and then building mage items and losing lane every single game on purpose. If you ran sniper supp and never bought wards you'd get a ton of flak too so fuck off dotard, your shit genre sucks no matter what trash game you play.
>>
>>387745813
baron is the only comeback mechanic in the game but at lower ranks people is retarded and dont know how to kill it at low lvl or contoll vision around him
>>
Riot's been getting more on top of their report system recently. Generally speaking if someone's being toxic and getting mad/yelling at people or saying nigger or some shit they're 9/10 times gonna get reported and if they get reported they'll be banned
Good on riot for getting rid of assholes that make the game worse. I personally just ignore it but so many people get tilted off that shit.

inb4 "it's just banter m8"
calling people niggers and telling them to kill themselves anywhere outside of 4chan or among close friends who don't give a shit isn't seen as banter, it amazes me how many people think they can get away with it but that's probably reddit users and underage retards that read some /pol/ greentexts and suddenly think the word "nigger" is the funniest word in the world
dumb niggers
>>
>>387748815
>people is retarded
dumb ESL
>>
>>387749059

Nobody disagrees with banning idiots who can't keep their mouths shut.

But the fact that you can troll anyone using every single method available in the game and make their experience a living hell and NEVER be penalized for it as long as you don't outright intentionally feed or say a bad word.
>>
>>387749059
When they feel like doing this in Euro West Servers feel free to.
>>
>>387747893
It's a bad habit I just got too comfortable with. Wasn't big on RTS and when I did play them I arrow keys for screen moving.
>>387747970
At the very least a brief stint in Dota might fix it, even if I'm just fighting bots.

Is there anyway to change the character voices in Dota2 to weeb? The dialog gets grating in league so I've got them all set to weeb
>>
>>387745210
The fact acquiring characters is such a fucking grind, I'd say it's stuck in the past.

Characters which are a necessity to have a huge number of for counter picks and such are just hidden behind an 800 hour+ grind wall.

I know you can buy them, but even then they're expensive as shit, whether it's the ingame currency or premium currency.

When games like Smite where you just pay 30 bucks and own all the chracters, or even Dota 2 where starting it up gives you all of them for free, League offers nothing new to the lineup with their Blizzard-style balancing (huge bat swings in either direction), no other real game mode past ARAM and Normal, Bad and inconsistent character art, or the fact the game feels the exact same when I quit in 2011 as it does today.
>>
>>387750117
I'm kinda lucky that Tristana is apparently in meta right now she's a good pick usually but she's all I've got now that best girl mf is shite lately
>>
>>387749893
>The dialog gets grating in league so I've got them all set to weeb
consider kyssing yourself my man
>>
>>387747443
Both are shit
>>
>league
>>
File: Paragon Shinbi.jpg (88KB, 1280x692px) Image search: [Google]
Paragon Shinbi.jpg
88KB, 1280x692px
You kids and your top down cartoon games.
>>
>>387750658
FPSs/RPGs are much more kiddy than League of LeL
>>
>>387750406
One is shittier than the other
>>
>>387749893
The dialogue in Dota is more varied, but if you're bugged by it, you can choose to disable most or all of the hero responses.

You could switch to Chinese, Korean, or Russian voiceovers too, but I don't know why you would.
>>
>>387750834
Why don't you try googling. There's plenty of information in the filename.You're just making yourself look dumber than the person trying to make a silly point about art style and POV.
>>
>>387745210

>huge balance issues

Nah the game hasnt been more team based as it is now. Cant solo carry anymore at high elo

> Out of a big roster of champs only a few are viable picks

Not really. They reworked the unused/useless champs. Every champ has at least 10 champs that counters them
>>
>>387747443
Jesus Christ these fucking Dota spergs. You don't get banned for breaking the meta in league. Don't act like both games aren't equally shitty and the genre overall is bad.
>>
>>387751062
nah
>>
>>387751062
What makes the genre overall bad in your opinion?
>>
>>387745210
It isn't. Ass faggots is dead. First off the game is incomplete and the developers are lazy. They think animation cancelling is a "skill gap" when really it's just poor developing that they refuse to fix because players found a way around their laziness. They don't properly balance the game to keep favorite characters strong and when the dying player base decides to start playing someone else they buff that character. They ban players regularly for incredibly stupid reasons, especially ones who support them financially, because it's lucrative and creates a "safe environment" for pussies that are easily triggered. Queues are 40mins long just to play a 25 min round which is so unfun I can't comprehend how they are still making money. And on top of all that they don't put good players on their NA "pro" teams because they can make more money by using popular streamers. Fuck this game.
>>
>>387751696
>They think animation cancelling is a "skill gap" when really it's just poor developing that they refuse to fix because players found a way around their laziness.
lol
>>
>>387751000
Whatever game it is it's not relevant. Video games are for people of all ages. Unless it's a fucking weeb visual novel for complete retards, he's entirely in the wrong, especially considering the genre can only be mastered by competent adults
>>
>>387750658
>posting NoAssShitbi

At least post Countess or mommy.
>>
>>387751985
Do you have autism? Try it. Google Paragon Shinbi.
>>
>>387752059
Doesn't matter what game it is. Fuck off.
>>
>>387749059
You deserve to be called a stupid fucking useless welfare nigger if you are the one feeding kills and throwing the game. You should be the one banned not the person calling you out.
Fucking thin skinned faggots blaming being terrible at the game on muh toxicity n sheeeeeeeeeit.
>>
>>387752197
Paragon is a moba anon.
>>
>>387752197
You've got nothing to contribute, good job.
>>
>10pm
>load client
>play aram
>lose some
>win some
>2am
>go to bed
>every night
I always think about reading a book or doing something constructive but always load this shit game. I dont even play with my friends any more.
>>
Subgame compared to Dota2.
>>
>>387752270
Irrelevant
>>
>>387750658
I think Paragon is pretty fun but it's the least balanced game out there. Every single game is WuKong, Kallari, Countess, Iggy, Kwang, and Murdoch/Twinblast. The new card system was supposed to make builds more diverse but everyone needs to run green for flame of zechin which lets you instantly take raptors and orb prime as they spawn.
And on top of that the game is only playable to people who have hundreds of hours into it. You're locked out of getting incredibly valuable cards (items) until you're account level 25 and then you need enough chests to RNG your way into them.
>>
File: Untitled.png (575KB, 1365x595px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
575KB, 1365x595px
help
>>
>>387752363
You're on the way down. Your level of investment in the game seems to be on this scale:

>regularly play ranked with/without friends
>don't play ranked, but norms with/without friends friends
>only play aram anymore, maybe some norms occasionally
>don't play at all anymore, but watch esports/streamers
>no involvement at all
>>
>>387751696
>Ass faggots is dead

Yeah that's why the viewership keeps going up, mainstream tv channels like ESPN and Disney are starting to broadcast the professional games and NBA teams are starting to franchise their own teams in games.

It's so dead.
>>
>>387747443
This but I don't go back anymore. I know 100% nothing has changed and I'm going to probably fight yas mid only to stomp him on his own stream.
>>
>>387753381
Mad cus they're keeping the hobby alive by outsourcing marketing? Or mad cus your bronze where queues are short as fuck? Let me know ok.
>>
for the love of god don't play any "moba" they're cancer
but if you're a NEET who wants a fix, you're better off investing your time in Dota. You'll feel like you have a big dick after grinding the fucking thing for thousands of hours and it's a way better high than LoL. But at the end of the day, no matter which one you play, you'll feel like you wasted your life playing it. Have fun
>>
>>387751062
>You don't get banned for breaking the meta in League

You're right, you only get banned if you break it without your team's permission, which is functionally the same shit.
>>
File: 1413893468290.jpg (56KB, 1065x600px) Image search: [Google]
1413893468290.jpg
56KB, 1065x600px
>>387747443
>have to give gabe your phone number, address, sexual orientation, HIV test results, social security number and your anal virginity to play competitive
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.