[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The perfect mix between story, PvE, PvP and co-op makes this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: Dark Souls 2.jpg (35KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 2.jpg
35KB, 460x215px
The perfect mix between story, PvE, PvP and co-op makes this the best game in the Dark Souls trilogy. Both Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 3 excel at their own things, but none of them maintain a constant 8/10 on every aspect of the game, which Dark Souls 2 does flawlessly.
>>
File: Dark Souls 2 hitboxes are b-.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 2 hitboxes are b-.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>387733991
As someone who has beaten all Soulsborne games I couldn't agree more. I've put over 600 hours in Dark Souls 2, including multiple different playthroughs with my girlfriend, and it has given us incredible moments.

It's an awesome game.
>>
I can see people being blind by nostalgia and preferring DS1 over DS2, or maybe being late to the party and starting the Souls games with DS3 (which is a good game, but the lack of replay value makes it less of a Dark Souls game than the previous two) and therefore having an emotional bound to the game, but when you look at it the rational way Dark Souls 2 is the best.
>>
necromancers all over the world,once again this shit thread rises from the ashes
>>
>>387733991
The game makes me motion sick :(
>>
Dark Souls 2 is the only Dark Souls that feels like it has a story
>>
File: 1358018553057.jpg (190KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
1358018553057.jpg
190KB, 621x621px
Every single area sucks balls though. It's an entire game of "that one part"
>>
>>387733991
This meme needs to stop.
>>
>>387736073
Never play bloodborne then
>>
>>387736310
I beat that game twice and I was fine though... I think it's the movement and animations in dark souls 2 that do it to me
>>
>>387733991
>The perfect mix between bla-bla-bla and level design straight from shittiest nes games out there is best DaS
It sure is, buddy
>>
>>387733991
>tfw like every Soulsborne game.
>tfw each time I go back and play one of them it becomes my favorite in the series.
>tfw /v/ has devolved into shit flinging over which is the best entry in a flawed but incredible series of games, instead of discussing them.

I just wish there was a game that brought all four Souls entries together and rounded out all their flaws as one complete experience.
>>
File: 1496235063750.gif (66KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1496235063750.gif
66KB, 350x350px
>>387733991
>Play Dark Souls 2
>Fucking despise it
>Still play it because it's still better than most other modern games
>Put in 150 hours on various characters and playing with friends later on
>Start to think "hey this game isn't so bad, maybe."
>Start to think maybe I was too hard on this game

>Reinstall Dark Souls 1
>"Maybe it's just nostalgia? Maybe it's not as good as I thought. $
>Play and get 2 hours in

Nope. All those 150 hours of conditioning immediately melt away. Despite all the quality of life changes, the first game is SO MUCH fucking better at its core that immediately I can feel a tremendous difference. That's the day I finally decided, Dark Souls 2 is indeed a piece of fucking shit.
>>
I'm playing Dark Souls 2 right now and really don't know how anyone could think this.
>The animations are just borderline FUCKED. The animation for when the enemy knocks away your stamina lasts for almost 4 seconds and looks completely fucking stupid compared to the first two games and the estus flask drink animation doesn't even match up to the characters mouth. I could go on, but this is just too much.
>The game is just ugly. Majula is the only good looking one. But this is already well known.
>The level design and bosses so far were very lackluster. There are also too many filler bosses that go down in a few hits.
>The game throws a lot of enemies at you. (This isn't a huge gripe, but it can get infuriating when you're getting raped by multiple guys that all got aggressive at the same time)
>The parry system is fucked. Seriously, I haven't pulled off a riposte in my 13 hours of play. Is it just me?
>Even though I haven't run into a lot of hitbox issues, I still think that ADP is a completely retarded design decision.
I think that game is still pretty good but it's a step down from Demon's and DaS1.
>>
>>387733991
I completely agree except its a constant 7/10 instead of 8
>>
File: playing DS1.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
playing DS1.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Man this game really causes eternal butthurt among DS1 faggots
>>
>>387733991
t. Dark Souls 2 was my first Souls game
>>
>>387737676
>The animation for when the enemy knocks away your stamina lasts for almost 4 seconds
A lot of the animations were lengthened to balance out PvP and ensure the player can't safely do things in the middle of combat, and also to more greatly punish the player.

>The game is just ugly. Majula is the only good looking one. But this is already well known.
Yeah, it's not a pretty game at all.

>The level design and bosses so far were very lackluster.
Lost Bastille and Forest of Giants are pretty good, other than that most areas are bland.

>The game throws a lot of enemies at you.
Just run passed them? I can't think of many areas where you fight more than three at a time unless you fucked something up.

>Seriously, I haven't pulled off a riposte in my 13 hours of play. Is it just me?
Parries are much harder to pull off, because the make the game a joke.

>I still think that ADP is a completely retarded design decision.
I liked it because it rewards timing rolls over spamming them, but I think the stat investment was way too fucking high, and should've been lower.

>I think that game is still pretty good but it's a step down from Demon's and DaS1.
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
File: 1503076147064.png (2MB, 862x1317px) Image search: [Google]
1503076147064.png
2MB, 862x1317px
Perfection.
>>
>>387733991
Dark Souls is the Rick and Morty of video games.
>>
File: 1470619805165.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470619805165.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>387740167
>motherly voices

Jesus christ I was so diamonds. I love me some calm and soothing female voices.
>>
File: 1403491549712.jpg (45KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1403491549712.jpg
45KB, 500x369px
I like all 3 of them
>>
>>387740167
Are there any cats in DAS3?, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!
>>
>>387741804
>t. reddit top cuck
>>
>>387740167
How do I marry her?
>>
>>387741497
It's only for intelligent people?
>>
>>387741497
the first season was amazing and then it went downhill?
>>
>>387741497
omg so awesome dude xDDD allways laugh when you post this in all threads! :D

i still don't know what is rick and morty
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.