[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one legitimate problem with this game at launch. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Evolve_Box_Art.png (183KB, 250x286px) Image search: [Google]
Evolve_Box_Art.png
183KB, 250x286px
Name one legitimate problem with this game at launch. I'm not talking about all the retarded shit post-launch. I'm talking about on release. And don't post forced memes used by gaming "jeurnalism" copy-pastes.
>>
No versus mode 1v4 is a meme
>>
File: l4d2 l4d1.jpg (74KB, 529x435px) Image search: [Google]
l4d2 l4d1.jpg
74KB, 529x435px
1v4 isn't a competition

There's a certain point where you know you're either gonna lose or win as the human/monster and you may as well quit.

There are God Tier characters, characters that only synergize with certain characters and flat out garbage characters.
>>
>>387728674
That's a surprisingly reasonable responce
>>
>>387728891
Evolve has the DEEPEST lore
>>
>>387728891
Yeah, these are all legitimate complaints too. You can tell they put every effort into it but 2k wanted it rushed out the door within a year of it's purchase.
>>
>>387729029
>All this shit of the monsters attacking is because of the damned arc-folding drives used for interstellar FTL travel that essentially makes perpetual nuke explosions in their home dimension

>The only way either side can win is the absolute annihilation of the other side's dimension, done by virtually causing a "bubble within a bubble" effect and causing our universe to basically burst from the inside out.- which is probably just a rippling effect of the FTL drives

Jesus Christ no wonder they're so pissed.
>>
>>387728503
This, >>387728891, it is a flawed premise at its most basic idea. 1v4 is rarely going to be an even matched and fun experience.
>>
>>387728503
The game in its concept was the tracker versus the monster with the other players just being there.
Having a bad tracker meant you already lost before hitting the ground. Beyond that, the dome being tied to the tracker not being incapacitated enforced this 'tracker versus the monster' gameplay
>>
>>387729327
>YFW the monsters are actually otherdimensional beings forced to take physical form, which is excruciating to them. Staging up also causes them incredible pain

They're technically not evolving.
they're DE-volving.

Evolve has been very unstable and unusual as of late, slammed for practices that were already there except for the fucking second season pass.

So why the hell was there so much targeted backlash? It's like there was specifically an ANTI-advertisement against it. Why would it's marketing team either not care or specifically go against the reception?
>>
>>387729772
The onslaught of bad trackers and idiots refusing to learn how to play is likely why everybody kept going "hurr durr running sim!"

One of the TRS videos had one of the heads of the company makign some tips- and he sounded EXTREMELY AGITATED at the notion of the medics doing nothing but trying to act like it was COD and they could 360 noscope the monster. No. That's not it at all. Heal your fucking team.

When nobody's doing their fucking role, of course they're going to fall apart and give poor reception to the game

In this case, it really was a "Hate the player not the game" situation
>>
>>387728891
Furthermore, let's also point out stage 2's unforgivable BUTCHERY of the game.
>>
>>387728503
>running simulator
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.