[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I'm looking for a comfy 30+ hour but not shallow/bland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: mario.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
Hey guys. I'm looking for a comfy 30+ hour but not shallow/bland RPG. Any era will do outside of the past three years.

Pic probably isn't related.
>>
Turn based combat is boring
>>
>>387728475

Pic is very related you lobotomite, unless you don't want turn-based combat.
>>
>>387730220
Admittedly I was having nostalgic feels about pic related, so I said "probably isn't related" to see what reaction I'd get. Glad to hear it's a good choice.
>>
File: 1467505830034.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1467505830034.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Shadowrun Dragonfall or Hong Kong are pretty comfy and RPGs
Kind of sad their's no fourth game, I can't think of a more comfier isometric game other than maybe underrail, which you should also check out.
>>
>>387728475
final fantasy 7.
>>
>>387728475
>>387731549
If you enjoyed TTYD and you like turn-based combat try an older Pokemon game. The DS ones still hold up, especially Platinum and HG/SS.

Have you played Persona? P4 is good if you're looking for comfy, P3 can be a bit depressing, and P5 is too recent if you want something outside the last three years.

Actually, why don't you list some RPG's you've played and enjoyed.
>>
>>387728475
Shadow Hearts: From the New World.
>>
File: betterpicturte.jpg (375KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
betterpicturte.jpg
375KB, 1920x1200px
>>387733318
Don't know why this picture is so bad
>>
>>387733512
Dude I know I'd love it because I love all the classics but I just can't put up with those graphics I'll just wait three years for episode one of the remake it's gonna be sick :^)
>>
>>387733604
>The DS ones still hold up, especially Platinum and HG/SS.
dear god no, OP, don't listen to this guy. gen 4 is slow as hell and not a good intro to pokemon. try gen 3 (FRLG, Emerald) or even gen 5 (B2W2) instead.
>>
What do you mean by shallow/bland? Mechanically or story wise? I love Dragon Quest VII but like all dragon quest games it doesn't aspire to much mechanically, very intentionally. The story is interesting and fun and it's definitely 30+ hours.

On the flipside is Bravely Default, which has some interesting gameplay and lets you choose difficulty level. The story is...yeah. 100%ing it takes more than 30 hours.
>>
>>387733984
They're not that slow, I never noticed it. I mainly recommended the DS games for the physical/special split which is one of the best things to happen to the series. FR/LG and Emerald are perfectly fine games as well.
>>
>>387733604
stick of truth is kinda close to paper marios combat system
>>
File: 1435496798594.gif (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1435496798594.gif
2KB, 200x200px
>>387728475
>Pic probably isn't related
fuck off, 64fag
>>
>>387728475
Dungeon siege 2 is timeless
>>
>>387733512
>but not shallow/bland
>>
>>387728475
Terranigma.
>>
>>387733604
Played and enjoyed
>Morrowind, still my guilty pleasure
>most Personas (I wish more games had cool interactions with party members)
>the Witcher
>some Tales...like Symphonia and the PS ones
>Chrono Trigger (is Cross worth it, or no?)
>Legend of Mana
>Borderlands 1+2
>Balder's Gate 2
>Suikoden
>New Vegas+Fallout 2
>post 10 FFs...I have tried the other ones, but only long ago when I had the attention span of a frog
There are others that I don't remember. My family owned most PS1/2 RPGs.

Obviously I don't have patrician tastes or anything. Just haven't tried much and nowadays I'm much harder to please.

>>387734267
Shallow/bland...just a combination of things. A game made by a passionate team with shit mechanics but a great story+characters would be fine with me. However, a game with fabulous mechanics but a lackluster everything else wouldn't. A bland RPG visually would prob look something like Two Worlds. Feat. generic fantasy setting and style, and it feels lifeless somehow. Sorry if that's a little vague.
>>387733810
Is that pic of Hong Kong? Looks good.
>>
>>387728475
just play this again but exploit as many glitches as possible, there's a ton you can do you if you know what you're doing like flavio glitch
>>
Skies of Arcadia.
>>
>>387738262
>Morrowind, still my guilty pleasure
Why is that a guilty pleasure? It's a very popular game.

>most Personas (I wish more games had cool interactions with party members)
If you're looking for interactions with party members/forming a bond that both develops their character and their abilities in combat, you should definitely try out Trails of Cold Steel. It's on PS3 but recently got a PC release.
It's incredibly comfy, and definitely longer than 30 hours. The combat is turn-based but it's got a unique system behind it, and the gameplay is like a mix of the best parts about Persona and Tales (bonding with party members, party chat while you're exploring, link-system kinda like Tales of Xillia/2).
As you can probably guess from this wall of text, I can really recommend it.
>>
>>387738668
Ah, sky pirates. Always had a thing for that, but for whatever reason never got far in Arcadia. I'll put it on the to-play list and see how it goes.

>>387739260
When you've played something a shit ton, it becomes more of a guilty pleasure and time sink. There's that and my embarrassing addiction to mods.

>>387739260
I remember trying the first Trails, being impressed by the world-building, and then it freezing up at the same exact point. Thanks for giving me the excuse to try Steel.
>>
File: 1491877046432.gif (960KB, 284x223px) Image search: [Google]
1491877046432.gif
960KB, 284x223px
>>387740720
Oops, accidentally tagged you twice.
>>
>>387740720
You can definitely start with Cold Steel anyway so don't worry. The other Trails games are still worth a playthrough if you end op hooked on Cold Steel. I just recommended it because you said you liked interaction with party members. The only Trails games released in English that have bonding like in Persona are the Cold Steel games.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.