[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to play this for the first time, what am I in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 24

File: fallout.png (2MB, 1000x1240px) Image search: [Google]
fallout.png
2MB, 1000x1240px
I'm about to play this for the first time, what am I in for? Should I be good or evil?
>>
>>387721657
It's pretty fun if you don't look for reasons to hate it, just like any other game. It has really good side quests, a decent map and interesting locations, and a pretty solid atmosphere and sound track.
>>
>>387721657
Don't listen to >>387721923
It's shit and the story makes no sense. It's so fucking bad you have to be a retard to enjoy it
The first city is built around a giant nuke for no fucking reason, every problem the citizens have is caused by the fact there's a nuke in the middle of it yet they refuse to move to the prefectly good abandoned town literally 50 meters away
That's just ONE example of the game being retarded and it's ALL like this. This is a game made by the same retards that made fallout 4. Avoid it at all costs, refund it if you bought it and play 1,2 and New Vegas instead.
>>
>>387721657
If you dont look at it for story or logic its fun.
>>
Don't give the hobos water if you don't want to be the savior of mankind by the end of the game.
>>
>>387721657
/v/ will tell you that 1 and 2 are better, they're not. 3 is fun as shit and every time I play through it I find something new.

New Vegas is better though.
>>
>>387721657
3.be evil (be good anyway, but with a sarcastic note)
>>
>>387721923
>It's pretty fun if you don't look for reasons to hate it, just like any other game.
yeah, a lot of shit games can be fun if you can stomach all the shit...

>>387721657
It is a subpar game in any of its features.
Want a roleplaying game or shooter, play literally any other game in those genres. If you want good story or writing, run away screaming. If you want a nice shallow exploration game, play any other bethesda game, or ideally gothic or the like, where exploration is more than just shallow.

If you have problems with the game being bad to mediocre at everything it does, you will not have fun with it. If you do not, and want a game like other bethesda games, but newer than the rest, that is the one very specific constellation of cravings that will be satisfied by it, any other will leave you wanting.
>>
>>387721657
Don't do it.
>>
It's fucking shite, so is everything that came after it. Only play 1 and 2.
>>
Put a lot of points into intelligence. I'd recommend at least 8 for a first playthrough.

If you actually tak to npcs they'll explain why they do the retarded shit they do and why the world is the way it is. The town >387723197 complains about is all totally explained if you actually talk to the people in it and find out the history of the place.
>>
File: 1474563340389.jpg (114KB, 736x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474563340389.jpg
114KB, 736x900px
>>387723629
karma was just as shit in the original fallouts
>f1
>kill every town and even all of the children
>help a few people after killing hundreds of innocence and now im a champion savior of mankind again

Karma was always shit in Fallout and has never been implemented properly.
>>
>>387721657
Refund your money. Do not support Bethesda's evil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78
>>
>>387721657
>Good or evil
It doesn't reallymatter
>>
>>387721657
>TES/Fallout
Just play 4 or Skyrim you won't miss anything.
Thrust into me.
>>
File: 1423863840096.jpg (14KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
1423863840096.jpg
14KB, 300x295px
>>387724792
>New Vegas is shit
>>
>>387721657
kill everyone or kys
thats how you should play it
>>
>>387725326
There's literally no reason for people not to move 50 meters to the side.
>>
>>387723197
>>387724646
I bet you fags like new vegas don't you? I bet you even ignore the blatantly retarded, unfinished and broken aspects of that game. Fallout 3 is good, get over it.

there is a reason for a town being formed around a nuke, but I guess you're too much of an idiot to pay attention lmao
>>
>>387726857
>the blatantly retarded, unfinished and broken aspects of that game
Like?
Also, are you saying Fallout 3 isn't broken?
Give me the fucking reason then.
>>
File: 1502869491126.png (1MB, 629x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1502869491126.png
1MB, 629x1086px
>>387726031
>new vegas isn't shit
>>
>>387726857
>there is a reason for a town being formed around a nuke, but I guess you're too much of an idiot to pay attention lmao
Headcanon isn't a reason, Bethestard. Emil is laughing his way to the bank while you "fill in the blanks" for him.
>>
File: 1495811715343.jpg (60KB, 350x510px) Image search: [Google]
1495811715343.jpg
60KB, 350x510px
>>387727034
Fallout 3 sucks. Way worse than nv because Bethesda is retarded
>>
>>387725326
>>387726857
DUUUDE DUST STORMS LMAOOOO
>>
>>387727023
Broken because it had twice the amount of bugs as 3, and is somehow uglier despite being 3 years newer

Retarded because of all the shoddy writing yes the writing is bad, terrible map and the fact that it is exactly like 3 in every other way.

Unfinished because it clearly is. Cesars legion is barely tacked on just so the game has a bad guy.

The nuke that landed created a large crater that shielded the area within from the frequent high wind speeds and dust storms of the region. It was originally just a small trade post and rest stop for caravans until the religious fanatics came by and started worshipping the bomb. Through them the rest of the town was established and while the nuke is a main topic and concern of the town it was mostly thought to be a dud.
>>
>>387721657
Have you bought the Goty edition? If not I recommend you to buy at least "Broken Steel" DLC or else the game gets too easy and you reach max level too early
>>
>>387721657
Brown and very dark grey literally everywhere except for one place. Twelve songs to listen to again and again over the course of twenty to thirty hours. I swear, someone at Bethesda completely forgot that the games they make last longer than four hours. Grenades are fun I suppose.
>>
But you can't be evil in Fallout 3.
>>
>>387727789
>Through them the rest of the town was established
So more people joined the town because cultists started worshiping an exploded nuke
>>
File: Pete Hines.jpg (78KB, 450x577px) Image search: [Google]
Pete Hines.jpg
78KB, 450x577px
>>387727789
Let's hear the explanation for Little Lamplight, Pete.
>>
>>387727387
>fallout 3: several goty awards, 91 metascore, constantly brought up by people outside of /v/ as being good

>fallout new vegas: 84 metascore, used all of 3's assets and engibe but still cane out woraw, only liked by redditors and nu-/v/ hipsters who migrated to 4chan a few years ago.

Really makes you think...
>>
>>387727789
Fallout 3 fans are pathetic nostalgiafags, 4 is way better bethesda fallout.
>>
>>387728051
you cant be evil in fallout either
>>387725369
>>
>>387728361
4 is the worst modern bethesda game.
Even their shitty far harbor dlc was just a carbon copy of fanmade new vegas mods.
>>
>>387728405
Fallout 2 is the best fallout game, fallout 1 is certainy lacking in things but a better game than 3 or new vegas, 4 is a spin off.
>>
>>387728104
The fanatics helped make the foundation for the town that would later grow into megaton, yes. They worshiped a nuke, but they needed to build a church, homes, and they needed to eat too, and the traders were already going in and out of the area so it kinda just boomed, pun unintended. That's how a lot of towns in the North American colonies started, and then again in the west by mormons.
>>
>>387728516
>shitty shooting
>shitty writing
>shitty companions
>shity roleplaying
And exploration is good but it doesn't even matter because bethesda like to make theme parks, fallout 4 shooting is ok and enemies aren't damage sponges.
>>
>>387728284
Fuck off todd.
>>
>>387728604
So they stayed because cultists build homes, things they could've had any time if they just took the abandoned houses next door

ps what do they eat
>>
File: IMG_20170706_174234.jpg (84KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170706_174234.jpg
84KB, 640x396px
>>387728824
Control your rage, kid.
>>
>>387729201
>caring about that in a game w/ talking ghouls and mutants
>>
>>387728405

Oh wow so because an ancient cRPG was flawed in this way i guess it's okay to do this in an AAA reboot in 2008. Wow thanks anon really makes me think
>>
>>387728284

>constantly brought up by people outside of /v/ as being good

pfff yeah right in your meth smoking trailer park maybe
>>
>>387729201
All those houses were destroyed and susceptible to the elements even if they rebuilt them. And they're not actually "next door". They're miles away from each other in actuality, but a game from 2007 isn't going to make things properly to scale, and it certainly wouldn't be fun.

They stayed because there was already a strong foundation of a town, had traders coming and going frequently, and it was safe from the aforementioned storms.

They eat food.
>>
>>387728405
>>387729496
You're thinking about it the wrong way, karma should never have been in Fallout to begin with
>>
>>387729696

It was working great in Fallout 2 though.
>>
>>387729653
>All those houses were destroyed and susceptible to the elements even if they rebuilt them.
But the houses they built from scratch out of sheets of iron are perfectly fine, ok

>strong foundation of a town
That just couldn't have moved away from the nuke decades after the winds stopped to houses, because cultists who worshiped the nuke moved in and started building houses, makes sense

>They eat food.
Oh yeah, thanks!
>>
>>387729696
Agreed I think NV reputation system was the best. I think Karma should be changed so that it only effects your speech options and once you become evil it's no easy to be good again.
>>
>>387727789
This is like FACTUALLY wrong.

So first of all:
The bomb did not make the crater. A crashed airplane did. Somehow. The bomb just miraculously fell in the middle of the crater. Which somehow, magically did not have debris in that spot. Also the airplane somehow crashed right next to an airplane graveyard by utter coincidence. An airplane graveyard. On the verge of down-town Washington DC. Somewhere - it's not there anymore because the locals used it to build the city. I mean there is no place even REMOTELY CLOSE around that could actually serve that, nor any remains of it, but you have to trust us.

An airplane crashed right next to an airplane graveyard on the outskirts of Washington DC and then a bomb fell right in the middle of the crater but did not hit any debris. And then people started hanging around because it's a great hiding spot from the wind that you never really see and there is absolutely no reason why should be unusually strong anywhere around, not minding the bomb.
The cultists came in and started worshiping the bomb for some reason and then an entire city has formed around that despite the fact that everybody who moved in apparently hated the cultists and did not like the bomb and there is really only four of the cultists all together.
And then it became a trade outpost despite not being on any route what so ever. In fact it's on top of a hill surrounded by nothing. But yeah, trade outpost. Never mind that it has no brahmin pens or anything...

Great, great explanation. And this shit - I WISH I WAS MAKING ALL OF THIS UP is the cannon explanation of existence of Megaton. Which is the LEAST retarded settlement in Fallout 3. Literally: the one that makes most sense.

That seems fine to you.
But please, explain to us how writing in New Vegas is not up to your standards.
>>
>people are trying to rationalize FO3 theme park wordlbuilding

lol ok, i guess you were stoked for FO4 then, where nothing felt like it was a part of a choherent world even more.
>>
>>387721657
Just play new vagas
>>
>>387730625

New Vegas is only similar in core gameplay. Their universes are so apart they might as vell be different franchises. He's better of just playing FO4, which is a remake of FO3 with a Minecraft autism simulator tacked on to try to distract normies and autists from how fucking boring and shallow it really is.
>>
>>387730315
What's the most retarded?
Please tell anon, this sounds like a trainwreck.
>>
this game is so damn boring. everything's grey and uninteresting. combat is slow and unintuitive. stupid old timey tryhard music. 3/10 do not pass good game, do not collect GOTY.
>>
File: latest-6.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
latest-6.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>387730161
Never said it was fine, just said there's enough of a reason to build a city there in a game about post apocalyptic fiction. There's plenty of things to pick apart and criticize in fallout 1, 2 and NV when you apply real world logic and reasoning, but you avoid doing that because you like those games.

I'm not sure if it was explicitly stated the storms ever stopped, but regardless when you already have the entire city built, you can't just push it somewhere else. Pic related.

You're welcome.
>>
>>387731030
>There's plenty of things to pick apart and criticize in fallout 1, 2 and NV when you apply real world logic and reasoning, but you avoid doing that because you like those games.
Go on. Do it. Name something as retarded from New Vegas. Come on, you can do it. Just one thing.
>>
>>387731030

>There's plenty of things to pick apart and criticize in fallout 1, 2 and NV

Go nuts faggot, present a single thing from these games that is as retarded as a city built around a LIVE, undetonated, atom bomb.

>dude, people hate this retarded kitch of a game because they apply real world logic to it!

you late-millenial nostaliafags are the worst.
>>
>>387731030
>There's plenty of things to pick apart and criticize in fallout 1, 2 and NV
I know, like Arroyo and the reason for Vault's existence in F2. F3 is the worst though

>I'm not sure if it was explicitly stated the storms ever stopped
They did because there's some homeless guy living outside the city and he's fine

>when you already have the entire city built
A city that it didn't make sense to build, which is my main point. More importantly though, what do they even eat?
>>
>>387730908
>What's the most retarded?
Little Lamplight desu
>>
>>387730315
>This is like, FACTUALLY wrong
>>>/reddit/

Your post is just as FACTUALLY wrong.

The bomb at the center didn't miraculously fall where the plane crashed. It's the bomb the plane itself was carrying. They disassembled the plane around it.

Also the plane graveyard in the middle of DC you mentioned doesn't exist. They gathered the plane scraps from a nearby airport.
>>
>>387731435
>>387731305
come fly with me
>>
For all the idiots misinterpreting the origins of Megaton, here's the actual story.

>The site of Megaton began as a gigantic crater left by a plane wreck that was carrying an atomic bomb. Shortly after the crash, several wasteland survivors, including Manya Vargas' grandfather, attempted to gain entry to Vault 101 and huddled down in the crater, since it provided shelter from the dust storms. Once things began to settle down, some people left and began to wander the wasteland. These people then returned later on to trade with the remaining settlers. As a result, Megaton had become a full-on trading center by the time Manya's father was born.

>However, as a result of the town's expanse, raids by gangs and super mutants became prominent. Manya Vargas' father became rich on the caravan routes, and convinced the other settlers to construct their homes in the crater using aircraft debris and plane scrap from a nearby airport. Everything had been scavenged from the airport by other wastelanders and all that remained were the planes, which were used in the town's construction, and so the airport no longer remains.

>Megaton's construction was aided significantly by the Children of Atom, who had just began to worship the undetonated atomic bomb in the town center. The settlers were forced to leave the bomb unmoved in exchange for their much needed help.

Sounds perfectly fine for a fucking fictional video game.
>>
>>387730908
>What's the most retarded?
I'm not sure.
Probably the "carravan trade hub" that not only has no pens for the animals: it does not have an inn for people to stay in, no companies to work there, and no shop either. It's not on any road or direct line between any of the other important settlements.

Oh, no. Then you have the village build on top of partially collapsed highway segment. Because nothing says "solid foundations" like carving them into crumbling concrete. Also, it's consistently terrified or raiders because it has zero defenses. Which is why they picked the most visible place in the wide landscape. With no escape route.

Oh wait, there is also the "city" build in a beached airplane career. In the most remote and isolated part of the map. Surrounded entirely and exclusively by radiated water. With it's only two access routes being through zombies and mutants infested metro tunnels and a narrow road literally sieged by cannibalist raiders.
It's supposed to be the biggest local hub and city.

Then there is little lamplight. City of children! LITERALLY NEXT TO A RAIDER CAMP. Full of precious loot.

And then you have the fucking Tenpenny tower. I'm sure you heard of that fucking shit. I don't even have the strength to start making fun of it. It's just SO INSANELY FUCKING RETARDED that it stopped being funny years ago. Now I just think of it with deep sorrow.

>The bomb at the center didn't miraculously fall where the plane crashed.
Which is supposed to explain why it's half stuck in the ground how?
They actually don't say that. They explicitly state that the crater was caused by an airplane and that the bomb hit later. Nothing about dissembling the airplane around it.

>Also the plane graveyard in the middle of DC you mentioned doesn't exist.
OK, fair enough. Where is that airport?

Do you fucking not realize what really happened there, by the way? Like - can you not read the story of how the city was written?
>>
>>387732235
>Tenpenny tower. I'm sure you heard of that fucking shit.
I haven't Please go on,
the way you write entices me
>>
>>387730908

Little Lamplight.

Where do the kids come from?
>>
>Literally everything is grey, game looks horrible even for its time
>Runs horribly, crashes constantly, extremely buggy
>Shoot a super mutant 5 times with my hunting rifle, uses up 5 of my 100 bullets even though there are dozens of mutants to kill, and now my gun is broken and I have to go find 3 other hunting rifles to fix it
>Ignores everything Fallout 1 and 2 set up about the world, BoS are now the Hollywood good guys while the Enclave are the Hollywood bad guys
>includes an Open World Memeâ„¢
>plot is actually a 13 year old's fanfiction
>VATS system is a sad excuse to try to keep a semblance of turn based combat in a game where it obviously doesn't belong
>No iron sights, combat isn't fun
>Almost no meaninful choices in the whole game, and all choices are pure black and white
>Megaton for example: 1. I'm a good guy, I'm not gonna nuke the town! 2. Rawr I'm a bad guy, I'm gonna nuke the town!
>Every other choice in the game: 1. Generic good guy 2. Generic bad guy 3. Good guy but only for payment 4. Intelligence check to explain what's going on, in case the player has a mental disability
>You never have to actually think or pay attention to anything, you just choose your good or bad guy options and then mindlessly follow quest markers
This game has nothing going for it, not graphics or soundtrack or gameplay or story or atmosphere or world building. It's objectively really bad, even for people that like this kind of thing. 3.5 / 10, maybe a 4 at best. ***I have 5 hours in this version of the game, but I bought the GOTY edition on sale before I played much of this version so that I could have the DLC for cheaper, when adding this version plus GOTY edition I have ~25 total hours
>>
>>387730315
reminder that there was a talking rat in fallout 2 that LOVED CHEESYPOOFS
>>
>>387732207

>its fictional so it doesnt have to make sense!
>>
>>387732862
The great war itself doesn't make sense.

The fact that radiation mutates things into giant abominations or immortal beings instead of just killing them doesn't make sense.
>>
>>387732207
What dust storms? New Vegas had dust storms on the same engine. What airport? The foundation and remnants of it would have to be pretty fucking close. Why isn't there water build up in a massive crater?
>>
File: Pete Hines 2.jpg (55KB, 600x571px) Image search: [Google]
Pete Hines 2.jpg
55KB, 600x571px
>>387732207
Hello, Pete.
>>
>>387733060
>radiation mutates things into giant abominations
:)
>>
>>387732862
A man becoming a mutant blob and gaining psychic powers because he fell into some glowing semen doesn't make much sense either. I'll admit that Fallout 3 was lazy as fuck though.
>no farms
>vendors everywhere sell mutfruit but you cant find any mutfruit in the wastes
>raiders have corpses hanging everywhere and attack on site for no reason
>water is still radioactive
>>
>>387733060
>hurr what is basic world building in an open world game
do you even know what fev actually is
>>
>>387732207
Whoa, settle down there Pete.
>>
>>387732491
OK. So Tenpenny tower is a tall, luxurious modern tower sitting in the middle of wasteland that somehow survived the nuke blasts. It's literally dust and rubble on all sides because everything has been swept away by the blasts, but it turned out that somehow, very narrow and very tall structures are exceptionally well equiped to handle mass destruction that leveled rest of the surroundings.

Now, Tenpenny tower is in habbited by rich assholes. Particularly a man named Tenpenny. He is very rich and very asshole, and he does all rich asshole things: he is old, and crazy, and racist, and crazy, and old, and very rich.
What makes him rich, you might ask? In a world of barter economy and rule of the strongest, what makes one wealthy? Is he sitting on a vital resources? Perhaps a source of water, so desperately needed in the region?
And how did he became such a carricature of a wealthy man? Surely those ideals belong to the old world two hundred years ago? Surely those who gained wealth and power in crumbling post-apocalyptic wasteland would have different ideas of how to present their wealth than stereotypical 50's snob dude, right? So where does all of this come from? And how does he prevent those three bodyguards he has from murdering him and taking what ever makes him rich? Where did he gain such loyalty?

Well, it remains a mystery.
And by that I mean the game has absolutely no fucking clue.

He is a rich guy who lives in a tower which exists because that is what rich people do. And because rich people are racist assholes, of course: it turns out that he only exclusively lets other rich people (which came from where?!) like celebrities and snobby other 50's carricatures in, and does not let the nice ghouls in, because he is rich and therefor a racist who hates people who are different for no reason.

That is Tenpenny Towers. The quests you can get there warrant an entire new post, but I'm not feeling like typing anymore. I made myself depressed.
>>
>>387732704
You don't see how that is not exactly the same type of thing?
>>
>>387733462
I'm anctually kind of sad you won't post anymore.
Thanks anyway. Please change your mind.
>>
>>387733229
>>387733334
>even if it's fiction it has to make sense!
>t-this fiction d-doesnt have to make sense!

Then how about the fact that the world's culture halted at its 50s incarnation for more than a hundred years? Why is the only music and literature found in the world right before the war from the mid 20th century?

Also radiation still makes people immortal in this game, so...
>>
>>387721657
Karma doesn't matter at all. It's incredibly easy to flipflop between evil/good. Overall it's an ok game with plenty of glaring flaws. It's not a very good RPG, both story and gameplay wise.
>>
>>387733886
One has to wonder if you are actually legitimately retarded, or if this is just an act. It's fucking disturbing to think that our education models produce people so utterly, absolutely clueless about understanding basic narrative concepts.
>>
>>387733886
>the world's culture halted at its 50s
50's culture didn't exist in the Fallout universe. The world advanced at a different rate and the Fallout 50's were nothing like the real world 50's.
>>
>>387732235

Wow this is good
>>
>>387721657
>I'm about to play this for the first time, what am I in for?
A game with really bad writing but reasonably fun exploration.
>Should I be good or evil?
It really doesn't matter, just fuck around and kill everyone.

If you enjoy Fallout 3 then you'd be doing yourself a disservice to not try New Vegas, since it's basically a direct upgrade in every way.
>>
stop samefagging you pretentious faggot
>>
>>387731937
>a cult that wants to go into space through some old rockets but can't get to them because nightkin are searching the facitlity for a lost stealthboy shipment
>as absurd as a town being build around a live atom bomb
>>
>>387734146
Damn... all those buzzwords and insults to distract me from the fact that you don't have an explanation. If sometimes realism applies but other times they dont, then you are falling victim to double standards. Just shut up I'd you don't have anything intelligent to say after this please ;)
>>387734234
Source in this? If this is even the case why are artists like Bob Crosby just now being born in the 21st century? It all still doesn't make sense. Nothing in fallout ever 100% does. That'd be even more retarded of an explanation than cultural stasis.
>>
>>387734557
Ok I'm not the guy you're talking to. but I just want to say that mission bores the hell out of me. All you have to do is just kill everyone in the building and you complete that mission and gain karma. Just murder everyone if you don't like the mission.
>>
File: ab8.jpg (5KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
ab8.jpg
5KB, 165x115px
>>387734557
Holy fuck the mental gymnastics
>>
>>387734857
>that image
Do you even know how to save images?
>>
>>387734557
Is this a joke?
>>
>>387734857

Explain how he is wrong.
>>
>/v/ hates fallout 3 now
fucking finally
>>
I'd say it sits around a 6 or 7 for me. It has a lot of problems but it IS Oblivion with guns so no big issues there if that doesn't turn you off immediately. Kinda fun, has some fun quests and some fun NPC interactions. The main quest is ass but when was the last time any of these open world exploration RPGs had a good one?

The companions are kinda shit but they're not for me so I can't rate them much either for good or for bad. The DLC varies from pretty weak to not bad, with the spooky hillbilly one being my favorite due to the setting. Some people really liked Zeta, but I found both the Pitt and Anchorage to be too short and not all that engaging. Might as well just give it a whirl and do what you like.
>>
>>387734946
>purposefully changing the subject
You just defended come fly with me, that's more than enough for me to not want to talk to you anymore. You're clearly blinded by fanboyism.
>>
>>387735240
I'm not that guy.
>>
So once again FO3 fag(s) are revelaed to be late-millenial and Gen Z nostalgiafaggots that don't really understand Fallout universe outside of 3 and therefore can't make heads or tails of why people are calling it retarded.

Hey guys remember how the leaking Poseidon 5 reactor in Fallout 2 was a huge fucking problem for Vault City, a problem so huge that the first decsioin was to genocide everyon who was living in Gecko?

Remember the dying farms in Modoc because the Survivalists were pumping all the underground water out?

DUDE ITS TOTALLY LOGICAL FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE AROUND A LIVE ATOM BOMB FOR 200 YEARS AND LIVE ON FOOD FROM SUPER DUPER MART
>>
>>387735019
>he
Why do I need to explain why you're wrong. Helping ghouls take two space ships to outer space is far more fucking retarded than a settlement forming around a dormant bomb. If you disagree you're literally confirming your blind loyalty to Obsidian.
>>
>>387721657
If you plan on playing NV after this, do yourself a favor and read up Fallout lore so you aren't very confused. Fallout 3 gets almost everything from the classic games wrong.
>>
>>387735579
>buzzwords
>cherry picking
Fallout lore was always retarded first of all, and secondly if you think 3 fans are the only millenials and Gen z fags in the fandbase, I have news for you...
>>
>>387735802
Such as?
>>
Daily reminder that the whole Nifty 50's thing isn't touched upon in the original Fallouts beyond the artstyle. Literally never mentioned, never brought up, never expanded upon. Todd and Pete made it a thing to maks their lack of any thematic cohesion and inability to write an interesting story with progressing stakes. They just don't get what Fallout is about, and judging by FO4, this still haven't figured it out in 10 years that have passed.
>>
I'm really glad the tides are turning and Obsidiots are being told to go back to their echo-chambers.

Moral: Stop fan-boying--each game has something to offer.
>>
>>387735579
>a live atom bomb
It wasn't live though. You literally needed to fix and activate it for it to even go off.
>>
>>387734737
>Damn... all those buzzwords and insults to distract me from the fact that you don't have an explanation.
You do not understand the difference between realism and belivability. You do not understand fiction can present alternative universes or anachronism without having explain them, as long as they make sense to the audience on a symbolic level.
You don't understand even most BASIC concepts of what stories can and cannot get away with. You are completely and utterly fucking retarded and clueless.

You don't get to mock other people for not having explanations kid: YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO READ. It's pretty fucking difficult to figure out even where to start with this shit.
And considering that you somehow made it this far in your miserable existence without learning fucking retarded you are, it's also very questionable if there is any point of doing so.

If you had the capacity to fix your fucking brain based on feedback of your surroundings, you would probably already long since fixed it. It's impossible to live this long being this fucking stupid without actually actively trying to be as such.
>>
>>387735612
You seem upset.
>>
>>387734557
>>387735019
>>387735612

>Come Fly With Me
Anyone who likes New Vegas and is not a retard will tell you this is probably one of the worst quests in the game. I haven't met a single person who legitimately does this quest in more than one or two runs.

That said, the difference between the writing in New Vegas / FO2 and FO3 is that whenever someone critizices NV/FO2 they cherrypick examples of bad writing which is the opposite for FO3, where you can only cherrypick tiny bits of good writing in that game

I love FO3 but the more i play it and the more i look back into it, even for the time it came out it was pretty bad, i don't know how Bethesda gets away with such shitty products (And this includes New Vegas on release aswell)
>>
>>387736035

>Moral: Stop fan-boying--each game has something to offer.

What does Fallout 3 has to offer? It's ugly as shit graphics?
>>
>>387734826
just go straight to Manny's computer and the main quest will update telling you to find benny
>>
>>387736018
New Vegas did the same fucking thing with cowboy and 60s Las Vegas themes, obsidiot.
>>
File: Pete Hines 3.jpg (77KB, 577x675px) Image search: [Google]
Pete Hines 3.jpg
77KB, 577x675px
>>387733886
>>387734737
Let me explain it to you, Pete. You really don't seem to be aware of the difference. Nobody asked for realism. The problem is that it has to make sense in the context of the setting. If the setting has different rules about how radiation works and it is consistent about that then it is fine. If there are plot holes then that is not fine.

Where do the children in Little Lamplight come from? How do they even survive? And there are various other questions that have no answer or none that is satisfying for a sensible person.
>>
>new vegas kiddies getting blown out left and right in this thread

delicious
>>
>>387736018
That's okay. Retro-futuristic 50s Americana reached a lot more people and now they have literally remade the Fallout universe. Fallout has evolved, and is no longer what you interpret it to be.
>>
>>387736239

Yeah, because they were making a an official licensed spinoff that had to be tonally similar, fucko.
>>
>>387736179
Obsidiots, everyone. Literal narrow-angled autism every day on the half-hour.
>>
>>387736145
They said to name at least one thing that's more stupid, and I did. I simply proved even NV is just as retarded as 3.
>>387736139
You seem defensive
>>
>>387736010
The nature of super mutants and their behavior, The Brotherhood of Steel being wasteland super heros instead of secretive tech horders, the usage of the G.E.C.K. The overall setting looking the way it does even though Fallout 2 had actual infrastructure and currency and 3 takes place 30+ years later.
>>
>>387736286
I don't see how the construction of a town around a dormant bomb is out of the ordinary for the already established universe given the circumstances.
>>
>>387736438
>it's ok when obsidian does it
And with that, you lose all credibility.
>>
>>387736145
I always just go in and murder all the ghouls even though it deprives me of a good chunk of EXP.
>>
>>387736694
Pretty much all of those except the G.E.C.K. are explained.
>>
>>387736625
>They said to name at least one thing that's more stupid, and I did. I simply proved even NV is just as retarded as 3.
Not him but you had not proven shit. Come Fly With Me is easily the most retarded quest in vanilla NV, but it's still miles better than what absolute majority of all quests in Fallout 3 are: including all of the main quests of the game. At it's absolute worst, New Vegas is on the level of the absolute best of what Fo3 has. And we are talking about an annoying optional side mission that is more-or-less still part of the skippable tutorials.

That does not prove that New Vegas is as retarded as Fo3. That proves that New Vegas has a weak moment. That weak moment is on the level of what is Fo3's strongest.
>>
>>387736179
Why play any fucking game with that logic

Also New Vegas looks worse than 3, despite being 3 years newer
>>
>>387736991
Yeah and it's done poorly and goes against already established (and better written) scenarios.
>>
>>387736454
>if somebody hates FO3/4 he is an Obsidiot
>if somebody hates NV he is a Bethesdrone

I'm so tired of this fucking thing, can't people realise how shitty both games are without mods?

How did Bethesda get away with releasing 2 bug-infested games is beyond me, without mentioning how the gunplay in a game that expects you to shoot stuff is terrible (FO3 manages to be fucking worse than NV due to the lack of ironsights).

Since both fucking games have terrible gameplay then the only thing we can judge both of them at the same time on is the quality of the RPG elements, and FO3 doesn't even do that right.

Is like the writers at Bethesda thought that the talking Deathclaws, the Giant Rat and the Hubologists were the fucking shit and decided to put that in a TES game.

AT LEAST, FO:NV has good writing overall (Name all the bad examples you want, those are probably like 0.5% of the game anyway), and its even better in the DLCs. I could spend more time arguing over the meaning of things or what ending is best for longer than i can tolerate to play NV.

With that said BOTH GAMES ARE FUCKING UNPLAYABLE w/o mods. I don't play FO to shoot things so i can at least put up with NV. I don't know how someone puts up with FO3 nowadays but i guess nostalgia is a really fucking strong drug.
>>
I like Fallout 3 but all of these Pete Hines clones in this thread are fucking retarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amtsN-NRqwM
>>
>>387737068
>double standards
This again?

Why is it that whenever something is poorly written, buggy, or just purely stupid and nonsensical in New Vegas, it's always justified, yet when it happens in 3 it's because it's a "piece of shit game"

You're all pathetic and lack introspection if you can't see how childish and unfair you're being.
>>
>>387736861
>impling it was ok
>>
>>387737194
>New Vegas looks worse than 3, despite being 3 years newer

I bet if i ask you why it looks worse you are going to say "HURR DURR DESERT HAS NO THINGS".

Both games look shitty, they were made in the same fucking engine for christ sake, and i can even prove to you that NV has higher quality models (Which is like saying Turd B looks better than Turd A).

Please explain to me why one looks worse than the other
>>
>>387737205
Subjective
>>
>>387737312
>reddit spacing
>>
>>387737452
>Why is it that whenever something is poorly written, buggy, or just purely stupid and nonsensical in New Vegas

Because not only i can skip the retarded quest in NV by being smart or using skill checks (Something you can't do in FO3 btw), there are tons of other quests i can do for fun.

People say FO3 is shit because every quest in there is mostly shit, name me 5 bad quests in NV and i will tell you why your opinion is retarded using facts instead of just saying they are bad because its my opinion, like you are doing
>>
>>387737505
One was made by company known to make fun rpgs, the other is a pretentious piece of shit that make games full of bugs and pretentious writing.
>>
>>387737505
I'd say it's because obsidian probably wasn't fully familiar with the engine, and as a result the game had worse textures. Not just that, but gray and green looked better than brown and amber. Seriously whose idea was it to have brown rocks coming out of orange dirt in new Vegas? It looked fucking hideous
>>
>>387728284
>millions of flies love to eat this shit so that makes it good
>>
>>387737853
Its subjective, i didn't like either to be honest, i think both games look pretty bad overall without texture mods
>>
>>387737452
Where are the double standards? Do you know what those words mean?

No, I measure both games by the exact same standards. Which is why I have no issue calling Come Fly With Me shit.

Coming to two different conclusions does not mean I have double standards. It means that by the same merits, one of them is worse. People make fun of the most notoriously retarded things in Fo3 for illustration, but the real problem is: Fo3 maintains that quality through out. Where Come Fly With Me is one bad quest among many decent or good ones: Tenpenny Tower or Little Lamplights segment or the fucking Superhero quest in Fo3 are on par with the rest of the stuff.

The absolute riddiculousness of Megaton is not the reason why Fo3 is bad. Its just an illustration of the average quality of the game. Hell, the fucking Megaton, as absolutely fucking retarded as it is: is one OF THE BEST settlements in the game. We make fun of it but really: every single other city in the game is even worse when it comes to making sense.

Every game has flaws and weak moments. But Fallout 3 desperately lacks strong one to balance them out. For ever Come Fly With Me, New Vegas has one Beyond The Beef or Things That Go Boom or Birds of Feather or Fucking Fisto.
Meanwhile, the best quest in Fo3 is the one straight fetchquest in which you pick up the Declaration of Independece, The majority of it is the fucking Three Dog bullshit and the god-awful Tenpenny quests or the fucking Vampires. Remember the fucking Vampires? That was a shit that happened.

So where are the double standards.
>>
I don't get why people are hung up on megaton. I mean, the citizens of the fallout universe are stupid enough to drive around with nuclear reactors behind them before the war. Building a town around an unexploded nuclear bomb sounds par for the course.
>>
>>387737763
Come fly with me, pretty much any good springs quest, the quest where you go from one radio tower to the next, bleed me dry, cry me a river, playing repair man for the BoS OR exterminator for the boomers...
>>
>>387737595
Son if you think Fallout 3 has better writing than 1 and 2 you are silly man. it's ok to admit you haven't played them.
>>
>>387738354
Ok but you forgot to mention WHY they are bad
>>
>>387737853
At least it had variety in environments, which at least vaguely resembled their real-world counterparts, it did not rely on a ugly filter and actually realized that sky IS BLUE when there is not a storm, and had large settlements that looked like large settlements that you travelled around for a while, and had the fucking lights on the Strip from the distance and light pollution, and proper horizons, and places that had some sense of scale to them.

Fallout 3 is GREEN FILTER OR GREY FILTER and heaps of random rocks. Absolutely no sense of scale, no sense of distances, no actual resemblance to their real-world inspiration, no logical layout, no memorable structures, nothing.

Fo3 was SIGNIFICANTLY uglier than New Vegas. Not because of the engine, but because lack of creative vision and good art direction.
>>
>>387738623
>Fallout 3 is GREEN FILTER OR GREY FILTER
>Fo3 was SIGNIFICANTLY uglier than New Vegas
LOL NO

New Vegas has a Brown/Orange filter that makes everything look like shit.
For a glimpse of what NV should have been like take a look at this.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62481/?
>>
>>387738623

I dont agree with what tou said about no memorable structues. The satellites and radio towers and military bases on the west half of the capital wasteland were super cool and fun to explore.
>>
>>387738486
Come fly with me is some of the shittiest writing of the game, and it dragged on fat too long.

The radio tower one because it's just fast traveling over and over again non stop.

Bleed me dry because it's a ducking collectathon quest

Cry me a river because it's literally go here, talk, go there, talk, fin.

Being a handy man for the BoS and killing the ants for the boomers are some of the more boring quests of the game, yet they are somehow pivotal quests for their respective faction

Anything associated with good springs is going to be boring and bland because it's the starting location but still it's like they didn't even try here.
>>
>>387738353
Because it's a good illustration of how much Bethesda Soft did not GIVEAFUCK.

It's not the worst thing in the game by any means. It's just blatantly lazy, so painfully obviously "we got a "cool" idea which we haven't though through at ALL, and when we realized how retarded it is half-way through the production, we just lazily tossed in a few lines to justify it".
It's insanely obvious that it only occurred to them that the bomb would never make such a crater on impact, so they tossed in the airplain justification. Then they realized that the airplane can't explain the hundreds of wings used on the walls, so they tossed in the a few lines about an air port.
It's an insanely lazy, patchwork "ah who cares just toss it in" design and it does not even attempt to hide it.

That is the real problem. The absolute, insane laziness and low view of their audience, the "who cares, nobody is going to notice because they are dumb" approach anyway.

The city is the most memorable example of gimmicky, lazy writing. And that is why people are hung up on it.
The actual story does not matter. It's an illustration, a symbol of what was wrong with the game.
If the rest of the game was better, nobody would ever care. Every game has it's weak parts, and people can forgive a lot if it at least mostly makes some sense.

But given that Fo3 never actually raises above the shit that was Megaton - given that the rest is just as bad if not worse... Then there is no reason to be generous.
>>
File: 1489934478325.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489934478325.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387739015
>pic related vanilla new vegas with brown filter
>>
>>387733462
You forgot to add that he comes from England.
>>
File: 1498360493370.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498360493370.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387739242
>and pic related new vegas with clarity

I dont udnerstand why NVfags whine about color filters when NV was one of the brownest game ever made.
>>
>>387739015
>New Vegas has a Brown/Orange filter that makes everything look like shit.
Nope.
It had a lot of assets that were brown or orange, but not a filter. The sky is blue when it is supposed to be blue. The strip is grey and colorful when it is supposed to be grey and colorful. Actually even the wasteland has more color to it - actual plants and greenery, more variety in assets.

>>387739242
At dusk, you retard.
>>
>>387736748
not that guy but is out of the ordinary because in said universe people are still people who have a basic self preservation instinct
You don't build a permanent settlement on a place that has the potential to blow up everything at a random moment

Why do you think fucking Pompei got decimated?
>>
>>387738623
Because none of what you said was factual, I'm just going to have to disagree. I enjoyed 3's map more. It was more open, and it too had its fair share of monuments and points of interest.

New Vegas suffered just as badly from scaling issues as 3. The Dam and New Vegas were a mere fraction of their real size, as was the colorado river. 5 or so casinos right next door to eachother, and a few bland buildings surrounding it is not what Vegas looks like.
>>
>>387739394
>at dusk
both of those screenshots were taken at the exact same time
>>
>>387739141
>quests are bad because they make you do things

I thought you were going to criticize the writing of said quests. Holy shit, i bet you don't even read the dialog or what the people are saying to you.

Was FO3/NV your first Fallout game? Have you never seen how many quests in FO1 and 2 are exactly how you described and that the real meat of the game is in the writing and the reason why you get involved in the quests in the first place?

The way you described the quests makes me think you have to be a big fan of FO4
>>
>>387739394
But it does have a brown filter you fucking retard.
>>
>>387739408
Like I said above, before the war people drove around on nuclear powered cars. This whole basic self preservation instinct doesn't exactly jive with that.

>>387739193
And that is most definitely lamentable. I just don't see why people were all upons with the notion of dribbling retards building their town around a bomb.
>>
>>387734857
My nigga why are you assuming everybody who replies to you is me?

Also what mental gymnastics?
>>
>>387739408
Shady sands was built right next to a huge ass radscorpion colony. The bomb itself was no harm until someone with knoedge of explosives repaired and activated it. Regardless the lore for megaton explains that there was survivalist reasons for its existence.
>>
Unrelated but how do I change perks in Fallout 1
I know it's cheating, fuck you, what document do I edit
>>
>>387739584
>give me 5 quests that are bad
*name 5 quests*
>OK but explain why they are bad!
*explain why they are bad*
>wow! You explained their lack of quality in a way I didn't like!
There is no talking to you.
>>
>>387739721
>Sending ghouls to outer space is completely rational! It's building a city in a crater around a dormant bomb that's the crazy thing!
>>
>>387734826
>>387736145
I not saying that I like the quest, I'm just saying that it makes more sense than megaton
>>
>>387735612
They never get into space.
>>
>>387740125
They are thousand years old religious fanatics.
>>
File: 1501996820640.jpg (26KB, 341x204px) Image search: [Google]
1501996820640.jpg
26KB, 341x204px
>>387739584
Nice moving of the goalposts, obsidiot
>>
>>387740245
Whether or not they do is dependent on your science skill.
>>
>>387726857

trollin aint easy, pimp nigger
>>
>>387740245
Irrelevant. The fucking quest is built around you helping them go on their great journey in cartoony looking rockets and space suits. It's stupid.
>>
>>387721657
>>387721657
You should play the Anchorage DLC first and pop heads with the gauss rifle.
>>
>>387740295
That doesn't really change anything.
>>
>>387740341
I must've missed something because there was no science skill check required for the quest
>>
>>387740428
How is stupid ? extrapolarize your reasons.
>>
>>387739816
This. Plus if we're to take real life stupidity as a comparison, we have plenty of settlements within spitting distance of dormant volcanos. Hell, if Vesuvius were ever to erupt again it could slag Napoli within 6 minutes. But the towns layout would take around 3 days or so to evacuate all its peoples.
>>
>>387739460
You have shit taste. You are no different from people who claim that Fifty Shades of Grey or Da Vinci's Code have good writing and characters. It's really that simple.

>>387739632
>>387739496
It's really very easy to prove you people lying. Are you seriously going to insist that you are right, despite the fact that it takes ten minutes of googling Fallout New Vegas reviews and promo materials and screenshots that clearly show blue skies above the damn during day?

>>387740303
Are you arguing that Fo3's quests were any different? Are you seriously going to argue that Fo3's quest were less reliant on "go here, pick up that, go there?" than New Vegas. Is that what you want to do?
Think, you pieces of trash. IS THAT what you are going to claim, in front of other people?
>>
>>387740428
The cult and its actions are wacky but in the end they don't leave earth. So I don't know what's your problem.
>>
Weren't they aiming to the glow ?
>>
>>387739991
I can describe any quest from any game the exact way you did.

>FO1's the Den's quest
>talk to some guy, plant bug into other guy's office, get him arrested

>FO2's Gecko Power plant's quest
>talk to one guy, then another, then another, get thingy, talk to another, install thingy, quest complete

>Any quest in FO3 and 4 (and Skyrim)
>talk to guy, go kill something, return

>quest in Morrowind
>talk to guy 1, then 2, find object, then talk to guy 1 again

You are literally complaining that you have to do stuff in the game. Are you a retard? What makes a good quest then? Give me an example of a good quest in FO3 or NV just one and i want to know why you consider them good
>>
>>387739816
What kind of retard would live next to a bomb? Seriously, there is no fucking way anyone would think living anywhere near an atomic bomb is a good idea
>>
>>387740594
>there's one guy in the basement that is able to survive and hold off a horde of invisible super mutant night kin, who take 100 bullets each just to kill
>there's a night kin taking orders from a skull
>there's a large group of ghouls who actually believe in the great journey
>there's a fucking human who thinks he's a ghoul
>the Rockets and space suits existences are all convenient and look like fucking children's toys.
>they want to go to space
>>
>>387740903
>caring about that in a game w/ talking draugrs and mutants
>>
>>387740903
What kind of retard would live in a town that is right next to a rad scorpion breeding ground?
>>
>>387740964
Ludonarrative, is not like any fallout game is safe from this, nightkins are insane from stealth boy, you should know this if you weren't a illiterate adhd millenial, ghouls are thousand years old, and tribal religious nuts exist since the second game, the ghoul had 100 speech or something.
>>
>>387740964
>>there's one guy in the basement that is able to survive and hold off a horde of invisible super mutant night kin, who take 100 bullets each just to kill
there are also traps there if you haven't noticed
>>there's a night kin taking orders from a skull
night kins are insane even if they're smarter than third gen mutants
ghouls are pretty much immortal so you could say that those ghouls have existed for a long time and felt like they lost themselves
>>there's a fucking human who thinks he's a ghoul
pretty much the only actual part of the quest that can be considered silly
>>the Rockets and space suits existences are all convenient and look like fucking children's toys.
so do the energy weapons but you don't compain about them
>>they want to go to space
and they don't go in the end, even if you help them
>>
>>387740652
>It's really very easy to prove you people lying.
Sky over Hoover is almost always brown. Have you even played the damn game?
>>
>>387740903
What kind of retard would live next to a volcano?
>>
>>387741214
>What kind of retard would live in a town that is right next to a rad scorpion breeding ground?

Because the rad scorpion breeding ground wasn't there before the town was built, and even then those people had guns, they could defend themselves, besides they had a water source, you know, a really fucking important thing in FO1
>>
>>387741467
Italians.
>>
>>387741531
You mean russians.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/15-cities-that-could-be-the-next-pompeii
>>
>>387741214
Aussie
>>
>>387741531
Or even better, Japanese.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/japanese-town-aogashima-active-volcano-180959153/

They built the town IN the volcano.
>>
>>387741449
It's brown in weather, in evens and dawns. When the sky is clear and it's not evening or dawn, it's blue.

Which is something that Fallout 3 does not do. In fact I suspect it's technically impossible without serious changes to the color correction system.

And that is the difference here. Not a major one, the real problems with differences between the two games lie elsewhere. But it is very, VERY illustrative with the problem that you people have. That is you people being fundamentally dishonest.

But I don't give a fuck anymore about this. You chose to lie about the game: intentionally. You know that you either haven't played it, or you played it but aren't talking honestly about it. I was planning to set up a list of materials and links to for verification but then I kinda realized... to what point? You already know that you are not honest, and so do I.

You are the one who has to live with what you are saying, and why. Have fun, you piece of garbage. Have fun living life in which you cornered yourself into knowingly lying for no reason. I'm done with this.
>>
>>387741819
Hey, there are hotsprings so it's fine.
>>
I liked your arena stream.
>>
>>387740683
>>387740683
They managed to get into orbit, and now that I'm reading a wiki about it I'm not seeing anything to indicate that there's a science skill check at all, my bad.
>>
File: Fallout 3 criticism.png (282KB, 798x2904px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 3 criticism.png
282KB, 798x2904px
>>
File: Fallout 3 is bad.png (50KB, 1043x617px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 3 is bad.png
50KB, 1043x617px
>>
>>387742473
Thanks, i love how to this day people can't rebuttle those images
>>
http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=27085
>>
File: fallout 3 derp.png (114KB, 912x670px) Image search: [Google]
fallout 3 derp.png
114KB, 912x670px
>>387742819
And when they try to, they still fail
(1/2)
>>
File: Fallout 3 btfo btfo.png (3MB, 1532x2842px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 3 btfo btfo.png
3MB, 1532x2842px
>>387742819
>>387742948
(2/2)
>>
>>387740964
>>the Rockets and space suits existences are all convenient
>quest takes place in a facility dedicated to space travel
umm try again sweetie ;)
>>
It's disappointing that Confessor Cromwell doesn't slowly turn into a ghoul after standing in a radioactive puddle every day.
>>
Anchorage DLC was fun.
>>
>>387740964
>there's one guy in the basement that is able to survive and hold off a horde of invisible super mutant night kin, who take 100 bullets each just to kill
obvious hardcore tier marksman survivalist with a knowledge for traps manages to hold off a horde of dumbass supermutants that are scared to enter the room
>there's a night kin taking orders from a skull
nightkin are literally insane schizophrenics
religious zealots
>there's a fucking human who thinks he's a ghoul
just like there are people who think they're a different race when they aren't.
>the Rockets and space suits existences are all convenient and look like fucking children's toys.
a lot of shit in all of the fallout games look like childrens toys
>they want to go to space
religious zealots
>>
>>387742948
>>387743087

Its amazing to me how can people still to this day defend FO3. And that's not the bad thing, regardless of the overall quality of the game, you can still enjoy things. Hell, i consider FO4 a more enjoyable GAME than 3 and NV, but i think overall the games are pretty bad and a lot more people would say they are if they weren't RPGs.

What i do dislike is when people say "This is shit because i say so" instead of "I just don't like this thing", it changes how people will treat you by an inmense amount and it makes you look like you can enjoy things despite people shitting on them
>>
>>387743286
It was ok but
>power armor training and the best armor in the game that does not degrade at level 4
>stealth suit that basically makes you invincible
>>
>>387743286
I sure love banging my head into a toilet seat.
>>
>>387742473
While I don't really wanna defend fallout 3, I don't think I'd be able to stomach it if every NPC I ran into would be bugging me for water, or if there were even more water beggars than the game already had.
>>
>>387721657
>I'm about to play this for the first time
play it with ttw to avoid a ton of headaches. fallout 3 even on win7 can be real pain in the butt to get up and running.
>>
>>387744009
TTW is a buggy piece of shit and most F3 mods are incompatible. The GOG version of F3 goty runs perfectly on win7 and 10.
>>
>>387736286
>Where do the children in Little Lamplight come from? How do they even survive? And there are various other questions that have no answer or none that is satisfying for a sensible person.

They don't get kicked out until 18, people can give birth well before then, they scavenge and eat cave fungus (how a few got caught by slavers). If you actually paid any attention to the game rather than screaming autisticly at it you could have figured this out, retard.
>>
>>387744229
Just use NV mods for TTW
>>
>>387728284
Hi todd
>>
>>387743749
You missed the point entirely

The problem isn't "why aren't there more NPCs begging me for water?" - the problem is "why aren't there more NPCs who NEED water?"

You go inside Megaton and nobody is sick. Nobody is dying of thirst. They've got so much fucking water they don't even give a shit that the pipes are leaking all over the place.

Literally nobody in the game seems to need water except the beggars. It's not a fucking crisis if only two people in the world are affected by it.
>>
>>387721657
>should i be good or evil
you're pretty much going to be good no matter what, other than a few slavery decisions where you can be evil
>>
>>387745109
f3 has tons of random encounters of wastelanders fighting over water
>>
I like Come Fly With Me, good source of energy weapons. Usually enough Laser and Plasma Rifles to completely repair one and sell the rest, and a lot of MFCs. Nets a lot more experience to do the quest than just killing all the Ghouls.
>>
>>387745109

>- the problem is "why aren't there more NPCs who NEED water?"

And that's why I said I don't think I'd be able to stomach the game if every NPC I ran into, even quest givers, prefaced their greeting to me with some variant of telling me they're thirsty and gave me "give water" as one of the dialogue options.

I get that the water crisis isn't being made as prevalent as it ought to be in the game, but at the same time I don't really see how they can properly balance showing a lack of clean water as a crisis like they could a dragon assault.
>>
>>387745527
>I don't really see how they can properly balance showing a lack of clean water as a crisis like they could a dragon assault.
Have hospitals filled with NPCs dying in beds.
Make Purified Water cost a shitload at the stores.
Have NPCs panicking like crazy at the fact that their fucking water pipes are leaking everywhere.
Make NPC conversations about how their last shipment of water was tainted and how they're not sure how they'll make it through the month.
Make NPCs actually sound sick and dehydrated.

Nobody ever goes into Megaton or Rivet City and thinks "oh shit these guys are all in desperate need of water!"
>>
File: mods will fix it.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mods will fix it.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
Hey guys this is my version of Fallout 3, looks pretty great doesn't it?
>>
>>387746009
None of that actually flies when you consider that people can just drink dirty water and follow it with a rad away chaser.
>>
>>387746656
That's the fucking point man

The entire game's story is about how everyone desperately needs water, but nobody actually fucking needs water
>>
>>387746418
Looks like nu-vegas to me. No amount of mods can fix the sparse empty level design and Cuck Avellone's terrible DLCs
>>
>>387747516
Nigga you better not be talking shit about dead money.

If you're only referring to Ulysses though I'd agree with you.
>>
>>387723197
>implying it's meant to be played for the main story
Like all their games, it's all about the side missions and the exploration. Something 4 seriously lacked.
>>
>>387749093
are there any memorable side quests though?
>>
>>387728051
>But you can't be evil in Fallout 3.

I sold a child into probable sex slavery in Fallout 3, without mods.
>>
>>387728207

Walking away from conversations in FO4 is fantastic. If a crazy stranger is extremely annoying in real life, I don't have a problem just walking away from them.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 590x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 590x335px
>>387745503
Also has the best ghoul character
>>
>>387749157
There are some, like the tree quest, oasis. The vampire quest line was pretty fun. Big town was fun. Getting to go back to vault 101 wasn't the greatest quest, but it was still fun to do. There was Reilly's Rangers, rescue from paradise, that one quest about the supervillain and hero. That one quest that let's you become a slaver. Lots of fun to be had. The best parts though are just walking around and seeing the world discovering new locations and seeing the stories that are there through the environment, and the unmarked quests.
>>
>>387730315
>the cannon explanation of existence of Megaton. Which is the LEAST retarded settlement in Fallout 3. Literally: the one that makes most sense.

Rivet City makes sense. It's easy to defend because it's surrounded by water on all sides, you can only access it by bridge and the ship has power generation and lighting systems that are still functional.
>>
>>387749157
Oasis, dealing with the ghouls at tenpenny tower, the superhero one, the replicated man and defusing the bomb in megaton I guess. Can't remember any more, I don't remember 3 as well as new vegas.
>>
Why did the FO3 energy weapons look basically nothing like the ones from 1, 2 and Tactics? They look so unergonomic, like the Plasma Rifle looks like it would be uncomfortable to shoulder, and a pain in the ass to reload in combat.
>>
>>387732235
>Oh, no. Then you have the village build on top of partially collapsed highway segment. Because nothing says "solid foundations" like carving them into crumbling concrete. Also, it's consistently terrified or raiders because it has zero defenses. Which is why they picked the most visible place in the wide landscape. With no escape route.

That one makes sense. The section of the overpass is still sturdy. The fact that it is high and with only one entry point makes it very easy to defend. Mole rats, ghouls or anything else can't just wander inside the perimeter at any time and it doesn't require a perimeter fence or patrols. Just a guard at the one entrance.

All that would be needed to be added for escaping is rope ladder on the broken section at the end of the overpass.
>>
>>387721657
Crashing, shitty frames, and wanting to kill that johnny motherfucker
>>
>>387750469
F3's lore answers that. Most of those energy weapons in the earlier games were superior to the Fallout 3 ones but their crystal arrays were really fragile and most were broken by 2277, so people just used the inferior but more durable versions.
>>
>>387739141
>Anything associated with good springs is going to be boring and bland because it's the starting location but still it's like they didn't even try here.

Setting up the fight with the Powder Gangers is great. It's putting together a posse, and townsfolk can die so there is higher stakes. Different people can die, or you might save everyone. It can be different every time.
>>
Friendly reminder that the republic of dave is the best state in FO3
>>
>>387752481
I bet you support Drumpf aswell
>>
File: 1477480911164.jpg (144KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
1477480911164.jpg
144KB, 800x572px
>>387753013
Your asylum has been revoked.
>>
Fallout 3 would have been so much better with the following:

>Talon Company (TC) was founded by Colonel Autumn's father after the destruction of the Oil Rig
>TC fighting off against the Super Mutants for control over the White House and against the Brotherhood for control over the Pentagon
>Brotherhood acts like the West Coast Brotherhood, holding up in the Pentagon
>Father leaving the vault plot can stay, but Project Purity is scrapped
>goal is to find your dad, eventually you either work with the local forces to claim the White House for a resurgent republic that is trying to restore Washington, kill em all, or /assist/ the Brotherhood you don't get to join them because they're not going to let you in,
you fucknut.

I'm just really bitter that the Talon Company was so underused.
>>
>>387753660
>you don't get to join them because they're not going to let you in
>you fucknut

>the condition to be become a BoSman is to be sent to this superdangerous dungeon that claimed the lives of many Paladins and is legendary and scary
>literally eat 2 Rad-Xes and you're absolutely and competely safe from any harm as The Glow doesn't have much danger otherwise
>the thing you're sent to retrieve is on the very first floor of The Glow, so you don't have to dive deep
>>
>>387753660

Those are good ideas.

>I'm just really bitter that the Talon Company was so underused.

Yeah, but the worst part isn't necessarily that the Enclave was there. The Talon Company being the antagonists would have been better, but the Enclave is so wasted. They are totally one-dimensional, wanting to either genocide everyone for a very weak reason or just wanting to take over everything with little reason either.

The point of The Enclave is that they want to rebuild the world. The point of the BoS is that they want to stop the old world from ever coming back. They are perfect enemies, but then the game is about them fighting over a science project. Their actual ideological struggle is not featured at all in the story.
>>
>>387754589
>>literally eat 2 Rad-Xes and you're absolutely and competely safe from any harm as The Glow doesn't have much danger otherwise

In FO1 you don't trip over a pile of pre-war chems every five feet.
>>
>>387753660
Talon Company and the Regulators being so half-assed and underutilized is a good metaphor for the karma system in genera
>>
>>387754809
The Hub has constantly restocking stores full of books (to pump nearly all important non-combat skills to 91%) and 1-2 prolific drug dealers that also restock often. The Hub also makes rounds to the Brotherhood, and a Brotherhood agent has also interacted with some shady types in The Hub. You'd think that if BoS is doing a lot of its business in irradiated facilities, they'd stock up on that shit. Again, 2 Rad-Xes is really not much if a single Vault Dweller can do it easily and not get irradiated at all.
>>
>>387754809
>>387755616
To pivot off of this point; I've stopped raising AG above 6 on my new FO1/2 characters I'm trying to go Ironman because of how ubiqutuous Buffout and Psycho are, and how you really don't need the much-coveted 10 AP for anything but the choice fights.
>>
File: FO3-v-NV.jpg (1MB, 1618x2319px) Image search: [Google]
FO3-v-NV.jpg
1MB, 1618x2319px
>>
>>387754630
It's a real shame that Bethesda didn't understand the Brotherhood. I can kind of see where they were coming from with the Enclave, but doing a 180 on the Brotherhood's personality was such a bad choice. I'm glad the Outcasts exist to show what the Brotherhood was supposed to be, but they only exist to give tech to.
>>
What if the Brotherhood were the antagonists of 3? Them trying to purge some republic that's trying to recreate the USA and restore all it's tech/problems would be neat.
>>
>>387756992
That's the plot of fallout 2, truth is the enclave were the good guys.
>>
>>387756801
To be fair, every Fallout game puts a different spin on BoS, even 2 and NV. I liked the "fanfic" BoS from Fallout Tactics because it made sense and was distinguished it from the western BoS.

>>387756992
Dunno if it would work because after FO2 you'd think the "let's bring back old USA" message would be firmly associated with antagonists. Either that, or you have the NCR.
>>
>>387721923
thank you. all shitposting aside, this is the case.
>>
File: IMG_20170718_182248.jpg (2MB, 1625x2319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170718_182248.jpg
2MB, 1625x2319px
>>387756794
>>
>>387753660
It would have been better if the Enclave had secretly been funding Talon Company to destabalize and cause chaos before they takeover.
>>
>>387721657
>Should I be good or evil?
It won't let you be evil except for the ending where you get an "press x to do the meanie thing". Also your son runs the institute.
>>
I don't see any problem with how BoS was depicted in 3. They left California because BoS was dying and the NCR was going to wipe them out, and they knew that the only way to survive was change their ways.

Everyone complains about how "good" they were in F3 too but they were literally knights in shining armor fighting orcs (super mutants) in F1, and you lose karma for killing them.
>>
>>387721923
Stay out of the fucking endless subways and the map is perfect.
>>
>>387757929
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir1u0SRBD2I
>>
>>387732532
>caring about the plot
I bet that you didn't even start with the greeks
>>
>>387757313
>complaining that fetch quests and kill quests make up more than half of NV quests
>even though more than half of FO3 quests are the same shit
??

also
>companions having no depth
It's not an opinion, it's literally true
They barely have back stories apart from a few, none of them have their own quests aside from quests to hire them.
>>
>>387760485
I only wanted the companions to make remarks about every area you travel to in f3 like the previous games.
>>
>>387723197
Exactly what >>387721923 was saying. You just nitpick at the stupidest shit. Play the game however you want to. You wanna play a real shit game? Go play something fundamentally broken and unenjoyable like Sonic 06.
>>
>>387754630
>with little reason
Wanting power and control in a land they think was once theirs isn't reason enough? And having a hatred for what they see as degenerate mutated bastard offspring of a once great civilization of people is another big factor.
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.