[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>New Super Mario Bros. (2006) - 30.80 million >New Super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: New_super_mario_bros_logo.png (319KB, 1839x930px) Image search: [Google]
New_super_mario_bros_logo.png
319KB, 1839x930px
>New Super Mario Bros. (2006) - 30.80 million
>New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009) - 29.90 million
>New Super Mario Bros. 2 (2012) - 11.09 million
>New Super Mario Bros. U (2012) - 5.62 million

With the declining sales of this nauseatingly bland series, will Nintendo finally make a new unique 2D Mario on the Switch? I don't even understand how Nintendo went down this route. Every Mario game before this series always had a unique art style and felt different from the games before it. Then they went and made the same exact game 4 times in a row.
>>
Part of the problem is the install base. It's not unexpected that a game for Wii U sells worse than a game for DS.

But I agree. Mario used to always be different, and bringing tons of innovation. Each game was a totally unique experience. Modern Mario is way to sterile and streamlined, and actually bring legitimacy to the claims of the "Nintendo rehashing" shitposters.
>>
>>387718875
>With the declining sales of this nauseatingly bland series, will Nintendo finally make a new unique 2D Mario on the Switch?
No, they'll just try to make 3D Mario more "2D like".

>I don't even understand how Nintendo went down this route
They're giving it the Sonic treatment.

>Every Mario game before this series always had a unique art style and felt different from the games before it
Miyamoto could be bossed around back then.

>Then they went and made the same exact game 4 times in a row
They don't want to put effort in it because they don't care and they don't want it to oevrshadow 3D Mario, understand that from Nintendo pov, making money is wrong if it's not the way they want it to.
>>
>>387718875
I'd like to see something like Yarn Yoshi but with Mario tropes
>>
>>387718875
When you adjust for install base, the WiiU game performed the best. Checkmate.
>>
>>387719478
>Part of the problem is the install base
That's retarded, New Mario is a franchise that exists only to GROW the install base.

It's bombing because the audience can tell that Nintendo doesn't give a shit and prefer to do retarded shit.
>>
>>387719676
that's not really accurate. the first nsmb was a selling point for the wii so it contributed to the large wii sales. they tried to use nsmbu as a selling point for the wii u but it didn't help as much
>>
>>387719485
>No, they'll just try to make 3D Mario more "2D like".
But that's not what Odyssey is.
>>
>>387719778
A lot of people bought a Wii for Wii Sports or Wii Fit and then ended up getting Mario. And likewise for DS, a lot of people got it for Nintendogs or Brain Training and ended up with Mario as well.
Mario is popular, even to people who wouldn't buy a console for it. I think you may also be in part right, but Wii and DS had a huge base of Mario fans that wouldn't buy a console for it.
>>
>>387718875
oh no, these super easy to make $50 games sell only 6 million copies, how will nintendo recover
>>
>>387719981
The Wii went viral because of motion control.

>>387719778
There may be slight truth to this, but the majority of sales potential comes entirely from install base. Yes, some games are console-sellers, but do you honestly think NSMB is? Mario hasn't been a sole driving force for console sales since Super Mario 64 (which was a launch title anyways)
>>
>>387720609
>some games are console-sellers, but do you honestly think NSMB is?
>New Super Mario Bros. (2006) - 30.80 million
>New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009) - 29.90 million
Do you even see these numbers?

>Mario hasn't been a sole driving force for console sales since Super Mario 64
Sure helped the N64 go nowhere.
>>
File: TezukaToppingNSMB.png (578KB, 794x786px) Image search: [Google]
TezukaToppingNSMB.png
578KB, 794x786px
>>387718875
>With the declining sales of this nauseatingly bland series, will Nintendo finally make a new unique 2D Mario on the Switch?
Possibly & it may come soon. I have low hopes though even with Odyssey looking great & different to me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.