[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're in charge of making TES VI. How would you improve:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: TES VI.jpg (16KB, 800x515px) Image search: [Google]
TES VI.jpg
16KB, 800x515px
You're in charge of making TES VI. How would you improve:
>Engine
->Graphics
>Art direction
>Sound direction
->Casting
->Music

>General Gameplay
->Combat
-->Magic
->World
-->Dungeons

>Writing
->Quests
->NPCs
-->Voice Acting

>Other

Keep in mind you are on a budget.
>>
I'd just hand over control to Todd and tell him to keep on doing what he does best
>>
>>387707046
Soundtrack can stay the same. Jeremy Soule is the best thing TES has to offer.
>>
>>387707046
Unity
Turn based combat based on dice rolls
Procedurally generated quests
No voice acting
Card game minigame
>>
>>387707697
Do you mean you trust a man that has produced games that are beloved by their fans, won countless awards, and made multi billions of dollars?

Are you sure that is wise?
It would be better if we let /v/ fix it.
>>
>>387707697
Ruining IPs?
>>
>>387707046
It would be hard to do and require some level of fundamental change that would probably throw a lot of people off and be quite controversial
>>
>>387707046
Rip off souls combat
>>
>>387707046
Bring back Adam somehow and actually follow the artists' vision and scope.
>>
>>387707046

>Buy Todd a beer
>Spike it
>While he's sleeping, whisper into his ear "Make it more like Dark Souls".
>Job done.
>>
>>387709043
yes
>>
File: 1502986624401.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502986624401.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>Halo 3 engine
>Halo 3 graphics but modern
>Halo 3 art
>Wort
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494232/fullcredits
>Martin "Marty" O'Donnell

>Halo 3 combat
>no magic
>Halo 3 levels
>C O R T A N A

>https://youtu.be/rPAAmr899i4
>Halo 3 godtier AI
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494232/fullcredits
>>
>>387707046
>>387709548
>engine; if I had to use the creation engine/Gamebyro or a derivative of it, I'd start with an internal program to make/perfect AI so it can use ladders, and/or have the world be better optimized so there's less instancing (though only if the "less instancing" did not come at the expense of things like world-size, max # of characters on screen at any one time, etc)...

If I wasn't restricted to Gamebyro I'd have id-developers (assuming the best-and-brightest haven't already jumped ship) make an engine that was better for open-world games, and/or easier for my development team to optimize for PC).

I would give more focus to scope, along with things like vehicles, mounts, or pack-animals behaving in a believable manner. The game would have a far larger and emptier world, one designed around using a horse, maybe even an "overworld" like Mount and Blade or the original Fallout games (or some of the Final Fantasy games) have.

As for World, IDK, I find it a frusterating thing to deal with since the elder-scrolls is just a very limited setting, there's not much you can do with it. It lacks nuance, or potential in the way for historically-derived parallels due to the geography map-of-countries/regions it's got. I mean part of me would love to see something like Tamriel in the 15th-17th century/Renaissance, yet that's really hard to do given the way the lore makes things appear, and the overabundance of magic. The effort to make all the retcons necessary to fix it would be better spent on just having a new IP. Tamriel is just too "unified" for it's own good, it lacks any compelling political intrigue, and the abundance of magic/magic-stuff makes this worse.
>>
>>387708547
I want this now
>>
File: 1400751273423.jpg (120KB, 1352x590px) Image search: [Google]
1400751273423.jpg
120KB, 1352x590px
>>387707046
Just remaster Daggerfall and then release it every year from then on.
>>
>>387707046
include sexmods from the beginning
>>
>>387707046
Hire a new lead writer, hire an extra team of writers, promote Lawrence Shick from working on mmo garbage, force Arkane to make combat a la dark messiah for TES
>>
Go back to the basics.
Re release Morrowing but with new models and textures
>>
>>387707046
>engine
fallout 4 seemed to be good enough. It fixed a majority of the latent engine jank that defined the previous games, so that'd be fine.
>art direction
seeing as we've so far we've already had alien (morrowind), european (oblivion) and norse (skyrim) art direction, the next game could be like a mediterranean/north african/middle eastern setting, like hammerfell with perhaps sections of elswyr and orismer.
>casting/sound direction
please, please, please don't give the protagonist a voice again.
>music
A slightly spicier, eastern theme'd be nice.
>gameplay
focus on lively combat like in Dark Messiah or killing floor 2. Hold to charge a power attack, release to use it, and make sure that they swing in the direction of your movement (move foward for overhead, right to swing left, left to swing right, and backwards for an uppercut). Have a lot of parrying and riposting. Change bows to fire harder or weaker depending on how far the bow is drawn
>magic
add far more magic-using enemies to make magic resistance and magic duelling actually decent. I like how skyrim added plenty of mechanically different destruction spells (rather than having a million generic x amount of y damage spells like in oblivion). Mysticism was also a bit extraneous and had little reason to be seperate to illusion/alteration. I'd definitely like there to be far more of those spells, though; they were rarely useful. Ideally most illusion spells would be silent and stealth oriented and alteration would have a lot of non-combat applications (lots of travel)
>>
>stealth
merge lockpick and pickpocket into thievery, add in a hand to hand skill tree. Lockpick and pickpocket were both always way too specific to be worth taking. Design a majority of areas with enemies to have cover to hide behind, and give enemies proper alert states like in dishonoured (getting shot by an arrow will put them permanently on edge and raise some kind of alarm, rather than deciding that it was "probably just the wind"). Base the stealthing primarily around hiding behind cover than darkness and change how loud you are depending on what material you're standing on. Put hiding places where you can leave the bodies.
Add in nonlethal ways of incapacitating people. Once knocked out, enemies can be looted and when you leave them they'll respawn. There'd be a lot of quests that revolve around knocking people out.
>Dungeons
More big, unique dungeons with backstories and less nameless faceless bear caves and drauger pits. Have some actual puzzles and lots of traps, and stuff you gotta climb up with rope.
>Writing
Longer quests with more defined characters. Add in skill based speech checks, and add them in all the time. You could probably copy the fallout new vegas/4 system of joining one of a handful of factions vying for whatever the central plot is about. That worked. Focus on a small cast of unique companions that all have things to say and all have personal quests rather than a bunch of generic nobodies.

Skyrim and fallout 4 both sold a billion copies so I wouldn't be on all that much of a budget.
>>
>>387709769
Let it go. Adam was too good for this world
>>
>>387707046
I just want magic to scale as well as melee shit does. When I can swing with a dagger that's enchanted and blacksmithed to perfection for more damage than a master level destruction spell something's off.
>>
>>387707046
>Engine
Start from the ground up, make it entirely new
Failing that, just use UE4 I guess
>Graphics
Not that important but we should at least get out of the fucking PS360 era. FO4 was an embarrassment.
Aim for TW3 level, ideally.
>Art direction
Rehire whoever did Oblivion or Morrowind, I'm guessing they didn't do Skyrim.
>Sound direction
Can't really say this has ever been a problem on TES, as far as I'm aware.
So keep doing the same thing? I guess.
>Casting
HIRE MORE THAN TEN PEOPLE
And let's not blow all our money on ten minutes with Patrick Stewart, but I guess we'd have more than enough so whatever actually
>Music
Perfect the way it is.

>General Gameplay
Just make it good? I don't know how, but surely it can't be that hard yeah? Although I am trying to think of a single first person rpg with good gameplay and struggling so shit maybe it is too much to ask
>Combat
Scrap everything before and start from scratch, mindlessly flailing a sword is not fun.
I don't want to say Dark Souls, but they did manage to make third person rpg combat great. So I guess somehow look to that maybe? This is actually quite hard, I might go a bit easier on Todd from now on.
>Magic
Rework the system so it isn't OP, maybe tie it to consumables?
>World
Just don't make it empty
>Dungeons
Just make them actually matter and unique
>Writing
Make Kirkbride lead writer
>Quests
Look to Oblivion
>NPCs
No generic NPCs, everyone should have a name and a life
>Voice Acting
Addressed in casting
>Other
Just make it good?
>>
>>387713163
>european and norse
>two separate things
Retard
>>
File: 1471998472339.jpg (182KB, 789x789px) Image search: [Google]
1471998472339.jpg
182KB, 789x789px
>>387713892
>Europe is homogeneous
>>
>>387713892
You know what I meant.
>>
>>387714058
>putting words in my mouth
Nice
>>387714062
Then say medieval europe, because Norse is european
>>
>>387707046

TES VI: Dominion - Takes place 50 years after the events of Skyrim in the Aldmeri Dominion, which is at war with the re-unified Empire (Cyrodiil, Skyrim, Hammerfell, High Rock) and losing.

>>Engine

Creation Engine is fine, not gonna dump a bunch of cash here for no reason.

>->Graphics

See above

>>Art direction

Get back to Morrowind's level of uniqueness and diversity particularly with architecture. Alinor and Valenwood should be extremely different in architecture styles.

>>Sound direction

Jeremy Soule is pretty gewd.

>->Casting

Eh, whatever.

>->Music

More Soules.

>>General Gameplay

More like Morrowind, preferably. No fast traveling, lots of areas that are too high level to run into initially, scattered artifacts to find, etc.

>->Combat

Skyrim combat is okay. Bring back Morrowind's spellcasting though.

>-->Magic

See above.

>->World

Alinor and Valenwood
>-->Dungeons
>>Writing
>->Quests
>->NPCs
>-->Voice Acting
>>Other
>>
>>387714148
No.
>>
>>387714058
Mamma mia, Ivan. You schnitzel eating fucks need to stop putting your IKEA and shit on our God Given American soil. Burgers and Pizza, OK? Not Snails and Goulash. Also fuck off with your wooden shoes, what the hell man.
>>
>>387713163
I find myself wanting to make magic (and magic items) less common/easy-to-do.

Arx Fatalis had an interesting system for drawing runes to cast spells, I mean it wasn't perfect, and could be frustrating as fuck, but picture having a system in place that allow for it to be less "prescripted" and more "proceedural".

so rather than just spamming "fireball" you call the element of fire, shape it/contain it in a sphere-area, and then push/throw the sphere, before releasing your focus on it as it hits the target. or something, the idea is to have magic be a little more thoughtful/thought-consuming than just casting a bunch of spells and then drinking mana-potions to recharge.

That or make "religion" important in the game (IE: to recharge your magic/spell-casting-power you have to meditate/preform a ritual at shrines by the side of the road, in settlements, etc.)

having some kind of alchemy/primitive-chemistry would be cool as well. so you can make black-powder/explosive, or operate cannons or matchlocks/muskets, though both would be somewhat useless at the single-person-on-foot level the game would take place at. Though this would depend on the ability for bethesda to not mind having a fuckton of different ways to bypass doors or get to other areas.
example: door in a castle is locked, you want to get in, do you:
>knock on the door and hope someone replies.
>kick down the door.
>attempt to pick the lock,
>attempt to look through the lock
>go ask someone if they know who might have the key to the door in question.
>blow the door open with an explosive,
>attempt to circumvent the door by climbing up the walls of the castle and entering the room through a window?
>>
>>387713793
>HIRE MORE THAN TEN PEOPLE
And let's not blow all our money on ten minutes with Patrick Stewart, but I guess we'd have more than enough so whatever actually.

have your VA-crew go to whatever country has the accent you want, and sort of just have local theatre-troupes or whatever do some amateur VA work..

IMO I'd want it to have more text rather than be fully-voiced, as fully-voiced dialogue is too expensive, and too limiting for an open world game like this, though I think it does make some sense when you're playing on a TV and it's harder to read shit (due to both the TV being further away from you than a monitor and the FOV being narrower than many PC-gamers like to play at).
>>
Make good gramphics and bigger titties
>>
>>387707046
I wouldn't. I'd just re-release skyrim because it fucking prints money.
Bethesda knows this too and are taking full advantage of it. Why would anyone work hard to create something new and interesting when you could just regurgitate the same thing over and over and people still eat it up?

t. call of duty, battlefield, madden, fifa, etc.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.