[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on the implications of this masterpiece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: Des3.jpg (140KB, 406x576px) Image search: [Google]
Des3.jpg
140KB, 406x576px
What are your thoughts on the implications of this masterpiece being released in 2017? Would it cause a "gate" style controversy due to the current state of race relations? A lot has happened in four years.
>>
>"masterpiece"
>>
>>387701882
Game is not a masterpiece, and no it would not cause a shitstorm because the game is too afraid to actually say anything serious about race relations. Everything is just gently suggested.
>>
Really over stating how important a plot point race relations was in the game. Racism is bad isnt exactly biting commentary. Although i could imagine alot of triggered /pol/tards we wuz kanging. Im way more offended at how mediocre and boring the gunplay was. As a matter of fact it was one of my biggest dissapointments of the last decade
>>
>>387702273
>>387702491
You two are tasteless, unintelligent morons. Infinite is and always will be the best fucking video game ever made.

Also no, it would not cause any sort of controversy. Gamergate happened due to leftists wanting to censor the medium; even if the racists and bigots started getting louder and more openly political (they've always been gamers, but gaming was free from politics so they never brought that shit into it - just like liberals, which is the entire point), at most they would just make some angry threads about the game and that would be it. Trying to start a movement against a game because of its politics would be an SJW thing to do and that know it.

It would also get zero traction amongst the right.
>>
>>387701882
>Infinite fags thinking the worst game of the shock series is a masterpiece
gtfo and don't come back.
>>
Considering tumblrtards were up in arms about the game being racist back when it released, it'd probably be even worse now.
>>
>People crying about racism right now
>Black people always making jokes calling white people lame
>BALM actively supporting protests against cops, even though the victims getting shot deserved it since they continued being criminals instead of HANDS UP DON'T SHOOT
>Antifa being a thing now
>>
Simply bringing up that racism exists and then dropping it halfway through in order to focus on a plot about multiverses isn't a bold political statement. It's half-hearted and limp, as they think that just acknowledging something exists is enough. You can't tell a story about the horrors of racism and half-ass it, you either go all the way with it or not even bother including it.
>>
>>387701882
I just played it last month and was amused how accuretly it predicted what BLM would become. Also definetly one of the best games out there, took me a long time to really get interested in it (had it in my steam library for months) and sad that I didn't get to experience it earlier.
>>
>>387703002
Waiting for someone to post MatthewMatosis' analysis in
>>
>>387703336
got your back bro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNhwb7iuI4
>>
>>387701882
Maybe if it were released today, it would've had enough time to be finished and we could get the real version we were shown during E3.
>>
>>387703336
>>387703382
>posting this faggot
>watching him at all
Confirmed pleb
>>
>>387703253
I never really saw the game as one that is focused on racism. I saw it more as the side plot to get some variety in gameplay and story rather than just "kill columbia police until the game ends". Also, get all the voxophones in the game, it actually has quite a lot of depth behind characters like Fitzroy. Like always in Bioshock games the story isn't always told through gameplay but collectibles (audio diaries, voxophones).
>>
>>387703336
>>387703382
E-celeb bullshit is not allowed on /v/.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1157x872px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1157x872px
reminder
>>
>>387701882
1's story and themes > Infinite's story and "themes"
>>
>>387703413
If it was released today it would have even less content, would be more streamlined and people would dogpile it for "muh racism, there's no reverse racism".
>>
>>387703002
>You two are tasteless, unintelligent morons
Come the fuck on, you need to use some different insults if all you post is some tasteless and unintelligent joke yourself.
Even your diction is not sufficiently haughty.
>>
>>387703508
>>387703580
>e-celeb
>guy posts 2 vids a year

Where is the vid wrong?
>>
>>387703580
You're right,he should've posted the right video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
>>
>>387703580
Go cry to mommy about it
>>
>>387703413
This guy gets it.
>>
>>387703860
I think he's just going to shit on this dumb ass thread.
>>
>>387703756
This list is retarded, I could answer 70% of the questions without even really digging into the lore and the other 30% are just complains about logic behind imaginary powers not reflecting reality.
>>
>>387703985
go ahead
>>
File: 1469090604935.jpg (32KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
1469090604935.jpg
32KB, 450x410px
>>387703382
>You can't be politically correct and portray a story like this at the same time
holy shit this fucking retard
>>
>>387703985
no you can't
>>
>>387704103
People in the 20's wouldn't say negro, they'd say nigger.
>>
>>387701882
As someone who consumed every inch of the game including its DLC and considered it mindblowing at the time, I can say I was only mindblown because it makes no real sense.

The implication that you could age that dramatically if your life took a slightly different path. The implication that somehow killing an offshoot timeline would erase all other timelines...something they had to retcon with DLC and even then, fucked up. The implication that losing a pinky in another timeline would give you ethereal powers (what about leaving hair, blood, skincells? Shouldn't Booker be a time wizard?)

The game was pretty. The DLC was pretty. The story was lacking. The politics were, not really even there. It's about patriotism and a different era, not a criticism on any particular party or ideology. If anything its message is that extremist religious dictators are born from addict narcissists who enter the 12-step program and are born again.
>>
>>387704193
yeah, most of the people that say the story was good have noclue what the fuck even happened in the last 1/3 of the game
>>
It would be much more poignant commentary for today without the quantum mechanics shitting up everything. It's basically MAGA vs ANTIFA.
>>
>>387704113
>>387704050
>>387703756

1. There are areas that are locked down. Especially after your first try to get to the gondola in soldiers field. You get there, try to activate it, it explodes, you see citizens fleeing and barricades being constructed. After that there are few areas with citizens left. Only ones that come to mind are after you crashland with the first lady airhsip and the vox have taken over. The other is the finkton docks and to be fair no one knew where they went with the air ship, would be retarded ot have the whole industry of columbia shut down because of this. After that they also place barricades.

2. Elizabeth killing Booker was mainly to prevent this Comstock from ever existing not other. Other's could get into places of power and be lunatics too but not on this scale. Only Bookers/Comstocks that didn't go to wounded knee now exist.

3. The twins steal the baby before they got their powers. Before they used the machina to open tears. After the baby arrives in columbia, comstock tries to cover it up and murders everyone who knew/is suspicious about it (His wife, the twins). The twins then gets spread across the multiverse by a malfanction (comstocks sabotage) of their machine and try to revert the things they did because they feel regret.

4.The twins are pretty cold blooded. They also killed people, like the guy seen in the light house at the beginning. They also need only one Booker to succeed for them to set things right, because then Elizabeth can use her powers too. Bookers life at this point is less worth than the infinite amount of other Elizabeths/Bookers

5. In a voxophone you can hear that the siphon is preventing them from going near Elizabeth, they would get locked there too, even if they were there for short.

6. She has a lot of knowledge because she had so much time and all books available to her through Songbird. Not sure if this is referring to after she regains her powers. Contuining...
>>
>>387703002
The game is only a "masterpiece" if you've never consumed any other form of media in your life.
>>
>>387704187
this post is fucking funny. how do you know that? like I'm honestly curious. did you watch a few movies set in the 20s, or like did a history book mention that to you? or are you just making shit up because it sounds about right in your head? like literally where are you drawing that information from
>>
Now that this thread has obvioulsy gone to shit, let me ask you smth:
How would you fix this game story and/or setting?
Hard Mode: keep the timey wimey wobbly multiverse shit
>>
>>387703756
>>387704050
>>387704113
>>387706339

7. She can't create tears, only open ones that randomly pop up because of the siphon. Easy.

8. Why Elizabeth is a timelord? Did this guy even remotely play the story? It's clearly explained that she like the luteces by having her body severed (or part of it) exists in multiple universes, to which the universe reacts by giving them such powers to try to set things right. This question is dumb even when you only played the non-dlc story.

9. This goes into the "gameplay reason" category that I talked about. Also Booker is brutal and good in combat but sometimes a bit slow to understand.

10.In a voxophone it's explained that the city is covered by clouds, created by the city with machines on it's borders. Also america knows that it exists but can't attack because it's literally a battleship (like it was revealed in the siege of peking).

11. Comstock wanted to cleanse the world for god. This is just a random attack shown on New York, probably because it's the most important place for Booker. This shows what happens if Booker fails and Comstock gets his way.

12. Pick up a voxophone in the dark future Booker travels too and Elizabeth will talk about how they made technological (especially anti-air progress). Can't say if it's enough but there is a reason for it.

13. This is the only legitimate question in the whole thing and it's probably because they underestimated the distance from it/how large it was.

14. That again goes to "gameplay reasons". Also vigors should have the same effect as plasmids as they are almost a direct copy of it. This means splicing should be possible and you don't want to arm your whole army with magical powers. They could turn on you.

15. This question is just dumb. Why should it? How should it gain in power? This is just contradicting itself.

16. Again gameplay reasons mostly but also because of the magnetic field hinted at in a dialogue. Contuining...
>>
>>387707028
read it in yo momma's diary
>>
>>387707028
how do you know they didn't?
I can't see why it wouldn't be used especially when racism was extremely popular and normal in America at the time
>>
>>387703756
>>387704050
>>387704113
>>387706339
>>387707412

17. Mostly for warehouses and transport. The tracks are for loading/unloading.

18. This one is hinted at too in Burial at Sea by an idle Elizabeth dialogue. "Constants and variables" as she calls it

19. Again, gameplay reasons. It's more fun fighting against a variety of enemies rather than seeing more idle citizen npcs.

20. This is just dumb again. Why does it matter? It doesn't contradict anything and doesn't matter.

21. Mostly because it has more emotion than Half Life 2 and Elizabeth has things in the environment that she has A LOT of different reactions, some even animation and dialogue too. It feels more alive when the npc actually reacts to various small things.

By the way, get fucked. I answered them all.
>>
>>387707918
>By the way, get fucked. I answered them all.

lol half of your answers are "muh voxophone" and the other half is wishful thinking
>>
>>387708080
If it's explained in the lore it shouldn't be made out to be a flaw. Also it's not wishful thinking if it's actually explained in the game.
>>
>>387708301
If something important to the story is only explained in a missable extra, that's not a good thing.
>>
>>387708491
It's not important. What this guy did is nitpick hard. So it should be ok if these small things people ask are explained in collectible stuff.
>>
this plays like a single player arena fighter against bots, but it's very immersive for being just that
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.