[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they fuck with the physics of this game so much? Especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1478.jpg (334KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1478.jpg
334KB, 1920x1080px
Why did they fuck with the physics of this game so much? Especially the jumping.

I 100%'d the original on playstation but I can't even beat this one because the jumping is so fucking terrible.
>>
>>387699357
different hitbox on crash
go look it up and adapt, they wont be fixing it
>>
>>387699357
VV games physics are based of the riged animation and the hitbox on the body part unlike the original game which use vertex animation and one hitbox on the entire body. Stupid retarded I know.
>>
They couldn't possibly recreate the physics of the game without the code, so they tried to make it as similar as possible
>>
No, you can't beat it cause you suck. They did change the jumping, but it's still very easy to 100%. Only the bridge stages in Crash 1 are noticeably harder.
>>
>>387699357
git gud
>>
>>387699357
Don't listen to the other anons; yes, you can get used to it for the most part, but that doesn't change the fact that the physics are fucked beyond belief. Crash shouldn't start to slip of the edge of surfaces, the levels weren't designed for that (it's particularly annoying when bouncing on a bouncy crate and you slip off without touching the controller - wgat the fuck?). There's even some parts of the game that are ruined by the momentum differences, I can't find a clip right now but there's a few areas where in the original you could bounce through some crates whilst making a jump tgat isn't at all possible in the remake due to the fucked physics, meaning you have to do it slower.
>>
>>387699357
his sister is hot in this one so its automatically better
>>
>>387700769
>They couldn't possibly recreate the physics of the game without the code

They could've done it, but to save time and effort they recreated the crash 3 physics and applied t all 3 games.
>>
>>387699357
I never 100%'d the original PlayStation one but I managed to do it with N.Sane. The jumping is slightly lower and the physics are slightly more slippery, so certain jumps like I'm the Hog stages are awful, but if you focus up, you can do it.
>>
>>387699357
Get gud and stop whining
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.