[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Devs fell for the open world meme. Fuck this, All I wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: DarksidersII.jpg (30KB, 250x305px) Image search: [Google]
DarksidersII.jpg
30KB, 250x305px
>Devs fell for the open world meme.

Fuck this, All I wanted was Darksiders 1 with a more indepth combat not this half assed ARPG.
>>
>>387697698
If it makes any difference, they ran out of budget at the end and the last two worlds are just strait shots to the dungeon.
>>
>>387698161
I think I'm on the second world right now. It's frustrating because there are parts of the game I enjoy but levels go on forever.
>>
>>387697698
I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates the forced open world meme that is being put into everything, including games that don't need it.
It killed Final Fantasy, it killed MGS, it almost killed Darksiders (and I'm sure after Darksiders 3 it WILL kill it), what else is next on the chopping block?
>>
>>387699576
Darksiders 3 is going back to the DS1 formula. No open world.
>>
>>387699739
Source on that?
>>
>>387697698

>darksiders had a relic late game that revealed all map collectables for you
>darksiders II has hundreds of tiny stones that you have no way of keeping track of

yeah fuck that
>>
>>387699823
I think it was a IGN interview. Let me see if I can find it.
>>
File: Hypernova.jpg (319KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
Hypernova.jpg
319KB, 560x560px
I liked the open world
fuck that flying ship challenge arena part
literally made me uninstall
>>
>>387699924
From IGN
>9. Will the RPG/loot/armor and weapons system from Darksiders 2 be back at all?

>All we’ll say is expect something new and unique for Darksiders 3!

It seems they are stripping away the RPG elements from 2
>>
>>387700378
I wanna say OP jinxed it, but I know DS3's been in development for quite a while now.
>>
Me too. I loves DS1, but I couldn't even finish DS2.
>>
>>387699739
>DS1 formula
>no open world
what darksiders 1 were you playing? it was as much open world as 2.
>>
>>387697698
Also it had one of the worst endings that a vidya could have
>>
>>387703424
I think you don't know what open world means.
>>
File: 1492462745806.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492462745806.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>you're shoehorned to one path due to others being blocked by storty or obstacles
>you get an item that lets you access other places
It's literally the exact same except rather than being just a single powerup the optional areas are actual dungeons.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.