[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me anons, why can't I get into the original Deus Ex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: deus ex.jpg (54KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
deus ex.jpg
54KB, 636x358px
Help me anons, why can't I get into the original Deus Ex?

>Play Human revolution at release
>Loved it
>Played Mankind divided at release
>Loved it (except the end)

Controls, game rules, and UI/design feel so dated and weird to my brain. I really wanna enjoy it but after 4 tries of just getting past the tutorial and failing to get through the first mission I don't know if I can
>>
My fear of this happening has kept me from touching that game even though I bought it a long time ago and loved HR.

Dunno, maybe I'm wrong. I have no problems playing games like the original Unreal again, despite dated graphics.
>>
Don't play it then. Nobody cares. If you want somebody to hold your hand and soothe you through the process of playing a fucking video game then try asking your mother.
>>
>>387695610
Probably because its dated? can you bear playing old games?
>>
>>387695610
>why can't I get into the original Deus Ex?

Because the original is incredibly over rated and dated and there is absolutely nothing good or fun about it unless you're wearing nostalgia goggles.
>>
The beginning is a bit of a chore, honestly. Don't judge the game based on it. I played it before HR came out and almost dropped it during the first mission, however once you complete it the game scope extends and give you a lot more freedom and it's so fucking excellent. It's just an incredibly well-made, clever and immersive cyberpunk adventure with a lot of memorable stuff and a pleasure to explore. The dated aspects are an acquired taste, but they have their charm. I enjoy HR and MD but they just feel like shallow copies without that special ingredient that made DX special.

I have System Shock 2 sitting on my harddrive and I can't bring myself to play it because the tutorial is also quite boring. But I know if I ever force myself to get into it a bit more, I'll probably love it more than Bioshock games.
>>
>>387695610
You're an underage, simple as that

Doomed to forver play modern shit without being able to appreciate classics
>>
>>387696427
>I have System Shock 2 sitting on my harddrive and I can't bring myself to play it because the tutorial is also quite boring.

What the fuck are you on about? The tutorial for System Shock 2 takes 5 minutes and then the game throws you knee deep into the story. It doesn't even remotely compare to the good hour or so it takes before Deus Ex gets off the ground.
>>
>>387695610
>just getting past the tutorial and failing to get through the first mission
Leave.
>>
File: 1459986344627.gif (698KB, 555x666px) Image search: [Google]
1459986344627.gif
698KB, 555x666px
>>387695610
>Controls, game rules, and UI/design feel so dated and weird to my brain
Your brain is literally caked with shit from playing modern games. It does not know how to handle recreational activity that takes even a minimal amount of focus or effort. You have to force yourself to play through the game for at least a little while until the conditioning breaks. I'm not trying to be mean, but if the UI/design of Deus Ex is causing you trouble you really have some serious brain problems.

Also, play on realistic difficulty. The game is balanced around it.
>>
>>387696265
>Probably because its dated
Games do not age.
>>
>>387695610
typical HR kiddie. don't bother, stick to your shitty console games
>>
>>387696427
man, the SS2 tutorial is a breeze compared to the first Deux Ex level. Just do it, it's one of the best, scariest and most immersive rpg-shooters ever.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.