[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started this and I'm already feeling like I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

Just started this and I'm already feeling like I'm missing on one of the mechanics of the game.
The game lets your player characters to "disagree" with each other on some of the key points, but being in control of both makes you look like a bipolar schizo.
It feels like the game was designed around a co-op playthrough first, and a solo one second. How vital would you say finding a co-op partner is to enjoyment of this game?
>>
This game is still shit even with a partner. The discussions between your two characters mean nothing and the dialogue and voice acting actually gets worse in later levels.
>>
It's called role playing, it's there for fun.

The game is about 50x more fun with a friend though as combat becomes far more interesting with all the shenanigans that occur. Talking over decisions and strategies is pretty fun too as you get deeper in.
>>
>>387693665
As if you even have friends you autistic piece of shit
>>
>>387693665
>You can make your partner having auto responses depending on his personality
>You can play both to roleplay
>You can play both to minmax bonuses from stats that different responses gives
Game has many problems, but this isn't one of them
>>
You can roleplay more than one character at time bro
Also, if I recall correctly, they get minor buffs for it
>>
>>387694143
Yeah, but when a quest has two drastically different outcomes decided by the player character's dialogue, I as a single person can only truly wish for a single option. And I don't want to leave it to chance by deciding it via RPS battle either.
>>
>>387693665
It's absolutely paramount. And you have to make sure your friend is not submissive to you/you're not submissive to him, and that he actually gives a shit. Even then, this >>387693801 is correct.
>>
>>387694408
>I as a single person can only truly wish for a single option
This is not how roleplay works
>>
>>387694354
Yeah. If I want to have two characters with different personality traits and buffs that go along with them, is there a way to make them argue to get the buffs, but in the end decide which one "wins" the argument on my own?
>>
>>387694504
It is though. If I'm to pick between, say, killing an NPC for loot or letting them go in exchange for a reward they get, when I really want the latter, I can't just pick the former and pretend I "lost" an argument. I will always pick the option I want the most.
>>
>>387693665
>How vital would you say finding a co-op partner is to enjoyment of this game?
Not at all vital. Start over and set whichever MC you want to be AI controlled in conversations. If you don't want them disagreeing with you then give them the "loyal" personality or whatever it's called.
>>
>>387694617
>I will always pick the option I want the most.
This is not how roleplay works
>>
>>387694638
I might be dumb. I thought the AI option was for combat. Or are there separate ones? Can I change the conversation AI in a game in progress, or do I have to start a new one?
>>
>>387694693
You will always control every party member during combat if you're playing solo.
afaik there is no combat AI setting
Not sure if you can change it after character creation.
>>
>>387694793
Guess I'll just check it the next time I play the game. Thanks for the insight anyway, because I missed the fact the AI option was for the dialogues.
>>
It had possibly the worst introduction an RPG mechanic can get

>Hello guards please take us to the wizard
>No fuck you let's kill these guards for no raisin
>Initiate minigame so utterly pointless that there's dictionary-definition literally no difference between playing it an skipping it
>Welp psychopath won guess you're fucking murderers now

At which point I never bothered having my PCs disagree ever again at any meaningful crossroads
I can't be the only person that felt a little insulted that they thought Rock Paper Scissors was adequate obfuscation for what boils down to a series of dice rolls on who wins, right?
>>
>>387695754
Not dice rolls. RPS has deep psychology mechanics.
>>
>>387696102
Somehow I don't think the computer is making meaningful psychological deductions in this game of virtual rock paper scissors
>>
>>387696352
The npcs are at least. I can consistently win against them even with lower charisma.
Not sure about your partner though.
>>
>>387695754
the partner has a personality and you can be better at winning argument if your character has better charisma, its not the game choosing a random outcome by itself
>>
>>387694908
you need to set it in the options menu too iirc. pretty sure you can turn it on after character creation but the AI dialogue choices will just be random
>>
I quit this game because of the NPC voice acting. Vendors yelling about cheese and greens constantly
>>
>>387693665
I have about 100 hours into that game.

It's very fun with a bro to roleplay with.

Also don't get all tricky by making a two or three spec character untill you start hitting level 10+ or so. Most of the time they will suck anyways desu.

Summoning is OP and if you just have mass summons you will never get hit by anything because they will be hitting your minions.

Charm is the most OP so get charm arrows and charm from witchcraft.
>>
>>387697508
>Also don't get all tricky by making a two or three spec character
Never intended to. I feel that a party of different strongly specialized characters is stronger than a party of a bunch of jacks of all trades.
>>
>>387693665
Different decisions shift your alignments. Just use it to maximize their stats.
>>
It's shit. The story, quests and roleplaying elements are an absolute joke and the combat is severely overhyped. The main problem with the combat (and I'm talking about tactician difficulty here) is that it's really fucking easy if you just play in a non-retarded way and use the crafting system to its full potential. Somewhere after the 1/3 of the game (Luculla and beyond) the game becomes a snorefest as all encounters drastically lose difficulty due to the power spike your party experiences from levelling and proper use of crafting and you spend hours and hours fighting trash mobs like goblins, spiders and skeletons. The more you progress the more the balance becomes skewed in player's favor and the rest of the game becomes pretty much a joke.

People saying that the combat in this game is "good" are retards, DOS is literally babby's first turn based h&s game difficulty wise.
>>
I prefer games with mature themes in them. Gems like fnv, motb, poe. The writing in dos is simply too terrible and makes the game unplayable.
Take your ancient evil awakens and end yourself.

Typical /v/ermin subhuman only care about killing mobs in crpg's therefore they praise dos for being the best thing ever made because it have somewhat decent casual combat system

the story is shit, writing is shit, music is shit, humor is absolute garbage, art direction is shit, companions are shit, lore is shit BUT HEY! it's fun to kill stuff!
>>
>>387699478
Yeah and the "unique" quests are gimmicky and broken. Like fighting that electric golem and having to use the remte control to turn him off beforehand isn't fun or strategic, it's just a wonky stupid little gimmick
>>
>>387693665
there is a setting in the options menu where you can give the characters the ability to decide for themselves, depending on their alignment. i dont remember it exactly but i think you can play one of your two created characters by yourself while the other one has its own mind. i still highly suggest to play coop.
>>
>>387695754
The character with higher charisma makes the decision. The lower charisma level either agrees or initiates RPS. There was an easy way to manipulate the arguments system without having to RPS, but I've forgotten it.
>>
>>387697170
>>387701479
Higher charisma just gave the character more times they had to lose RPS before losing the argument.

It's still not different from rolling a single 1d100 where higher charisma just changes the % chance you win the argument
>>
>>387693665
>but being in control of both makes you look like a bipolar schizo.
If you're too stupid to understand that you're playing two different characters, I guess.
>>
>>387701704
If you're too stupid to read the thread don't reply to it.
>>
I played it with 3 other friends and co-op to me is exactly how it should be played.

Doing the same with 2 when it's released.
>>
>>387701832
Not exactly refuting my argument there.
>>
>>387701703
If you're controlling the character that has the higher charisma when the conversation happens, you get to choose and the character with lower charisma will obey. If you're controlling the one with lower charisma when the conversation happens, you'll have to obey or win in RPS. This only applies to the arguments you're having with your partner though.
>>
>>387702015
There was no argument to refute to being with. Now trot along if you have nothing intelligent to say.
>>
>>387696536
The npcs have an differenty algorithms they follow depending on the difficulty level.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.