[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mentor was the bad guy all along What other games follow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (11KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 200x253px
>mentor was the bad guy all along

What other games follow this trope?
>>
Gherman is not a 'bad guy'. He's trapped in the hunters dream, a slave to the moon presence. He offers hunters what he cannot have; escape from the dream. The reason most players refuse his offer is because their hunters are basically psychotic/ blood-drunk after all the killing. So he has to put them down, to save them from being trapped in the dream like him.
tldr; Gherman did nothing wrong.
>>
ass creed and jade empire
>>
Never completed it myself but Jade Empire does that.
>>
>>387680025
>op was a brainlet all along

what other threads follow this trope?
>>
>>387680025
>gherman
>bad guy
Is this bait?
>>
>>387680271
>players refuse his offer is because their hunters are basically psychotic/ blood-drunk after all the killin
Wrong, it's because you have to know the truth and wont settle for anything less, no matter how ugly it is
>>
Planning through MGS3 for the first time I think it fits
>>
Metal Gear. Literally all of them employ this trope.
>>
>>387680025
Under the sea, under the sea, there is a well known game which started this shit under the seeeeeeea.
>>
>>387680374
What you said fits if your hunter reads all the item descriptions, searches for insight and collects all the cords/ goes deep in the chalices etc. However, from what I've read/ seen of other people's playthroughs alot of hunters just run through the game in a killing frenzy, and the 'greater plot' is lost on them.
As Djura says, 'You're not hunting beasts, it's you -- you're the beast, just think about what you're doing - it's utter madness.'
>>
KOTOR 2, kinda.
>>
>>387680905
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>387680025
>Has to watch as the doll he lovingly created cucks him for other, more virile hunters.
I even make my hunter as a big Nubian bull to really rub it in that old cucks face.
Gehrman had a hard life.
>>
>>387680905
> if you kill them, you’ll be the same
lol fuck off
>>
>>387680025
Spoilers you fucking cocksucker. I was just getting around to finally playing this... Guess I won't fucking bother now, asshole.
>>
>>387681459

I'm glad.
>>
>>387681459
see
>>387680365
>>387680335
>>387680271
>>
>>387681424
Old Yharnam is optional, you don't have to slaughter the beasts hiding there. Only truly evil factions in BB who deserve the hunter cutting through them are the church, choir and mensis. Beasts are just the victims of these factions fucking around with the old blood/ metamorphosis.
>>
>mentor was the bad guy all along

Of course Bloodborne, the most sickdark game ever made, attacks the concept of the mentor. It's all part of its sickdark attack on Western values masterminded by the anti-west cuck Miyazaki.
>>
>>387681824
A hoonter moost hoont.
>>
>the moon was the bad guy all along
what other games follow this trope?
>>
>>387680374
It depends on your characters insight by this point. low insight, kill gherman in a fury, moderate insight, submit to gherman, high insight, kill MP and ascend.
>>
>>387682183
Dead Space
>>
>>387682183

Majora's Mask.

I mean, it's the mask, sure, but that moon is super fucking aggressive.
>>
File: blade_of_mercy.jpg (7KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
blade_of_mercy.jpg
7KB, 250x251px
Post weaponfus
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.