[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Turning one of the biggest and most expensive 90's JRPG's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 42

File: maxresdefault(5).jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(5).jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>Turning one of the biggest and most expensive 90's JRPG's into a modern ARPG.
>So expensive they have to split the game up into episodes.
>Acclaimed dev CC2 already getting the boot for no discernible reason.
>Over 2 years since the announcement and seemingly years away.

This is totally cancelled/vaporware isn't it? With this many long and troubled productions they'll go bankrupt.
>>
No, they'll just push it out no matter how bad it is.

Remember, the target audience isn't people who like the old game, it's people who like the culture and want a chance to experience FF7 without playing the old game.
>>
>>387677050
How do people like you conjure up headcanon for the development of a fucking video game? Do you have nothing better to do?
>>
>>387677050
>they'll go bankrupt
>implying the reason they are even doing this isn't for the guaranteed dosh

If a turd like XV can sell, VII:R will most definitely.
>>
>>387677148
>delusional 7 babies
Ok
>>
Kicking out outsourcers is is usually a good thing since they cut corners wherever they can.
>>
>>387677050
You forgot one:

>No appearance at a single E3 for two whole years
>>
>>387677432
To appear at E3 they have to spend months making a trailer/demo
>>
>>387677459
>Months to make a trailer

I didn't ask for a trailer, I asked for a appearance.
Nintendo fans freaked out when a picture showed off Metroid Prime 4, and fans freaked out when some old pokemon guy confirmed a core pokemon title on the way to the Switch.

It doesn't take much idiot. A little goes a long way. I picture. A person say they are working on it. Anything.
>>
>>387677625
The game is not ready to be shown off it was revealed too early the best thing SE can do is not show it tell a year or less before release. We already know they are working on it.
>>
>>387677050
>Acclaimed dev CC2
LOL
>>
>>387677705
>some pokemon guy states that they are working on a game
>"that's too much work for Square enix"

Then they should be sued for false advertising, and you should be shot for defending a corporation for free. A statement is not work, fuck off.
>>
>>387677884
>some Square Enix guys says they're working on the game in an interview
>THAT'S NOT ENOOOOOOOOUGH
>YOU NEED TO TELL ME THAT AT E3 SPECIFICALLY
>UGHHHHHHHH
kys famalam
>>
>>387677050
Part 1 will be out this year
>>
>>387677050
>one of the biggest and most expensive 90's JRPG's
actually it was like half the price of most of the 90s jrpgs
>>
>>387677241
>Kicking out outsourcers is is usually a good thing since they cut corners wherever they can.

Here's the thing though: CyberConnect2 has a super solid track record. I don't even like Naruto but only an idiot would deny that the Storm games are well made and polished. In fact at this point CC2's history is less spotty than in-house Square. They're talk about "quality control" makes no fucking sense.

What most likely happened is that SE got cold feet, they realized what a monumental task this remake would be and quietly pulled the plug. The game might not be cancelled offically at the company, but it's most likely not going anywhere.
>>
>>387677939
>THAT'S NOT ENOOOOOOOOUGH

Stopped reading there. Fuck your strawman. It would tell everyone that it is being worked on, and nobody would complain at all. None.

"We are working on FF7 Remake. Please be patient, thank you for your support."

That's literally all it would take, and nobody would be complaining since it at least acknowledges progress in the games development.
>>
It already sold PS4's Sony is happy.
>>
>>387678107
>Stopped reading there
Apparently that's not enough for you.

http://gematsu.com/tag/final-fantasy-vii-remake

Do you see all these news stories and interviews? They're all about how they're working on the game.

kys famalam
>>
>>387678156
Thank you.
That's great.
That's fine.
That's wonderful.
That's excellent.
Would have been really nice if we he had something like that at the biggest video game news event of the year. But beggars can't be choosers I guess.
Oh wait, it would have taken 5 seconds, and we know for a fact that Square comes to E3, so it wouldn't have been out of the way either.
Nevermind, fuck'em.
>>
>>387678367
>It actually wasn't enough
you're fucked in the head
>>
It will be Horse piss
>>
>>387678003
That's some fucking asspull.

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/20-of-the-most-expensive-games-ever-made/2900-104/5/

FFVII is one of the most expensive video games ever made.
>>
>>387678521
Another strawman, I get it, your obsessed. No, I never said its not enough. I even thanked you and said that that was great. Its just a bummer that we got nothing at E3. Twice. In a row. For two years. Sorry if the exaggerations at the end confused you, its just that they have no excuse for showing up at E3, showing all these trailers for DLC for games already out, and not even having someone say "oh yeah we are working on FF7 Remake, but that won't be for a while." I know tons of people that think the game was canceled. One of them even sold their PS4 thinking it was canceled, and when I showed them some of those articles, they would say "they are lying. They didn't talk about it at E3 because its been canceled and all developers have moved to KH3 instead dude. I'm not falling for their bullshit."
>>
File: ffviiremake-201015.jpg (104KB, 655x360px) Image search: [Google]
ffviiremake-201015.jpg
104KB, 655x360px
So what's the definitive list of everything that's 100% getting cut from this game due to social justice or just general laziness?

>Wall Market
>Honey Bee Inn
>Cid swearing
>Cid abusing Sherra
>CPR on Priscilla
>The dolphin jumping mini game
>Tifa and Scarlet's slapping fight
>Cloud beating the shit out of Aerith while under Sephiroth's influence
>Jenova's naked boob
>Chocobo breeding
>Looking through Tifa's underwear drawer in the flashback
>Yuffie kissing Cloud on the date
>Dating Barret
>Dating anyone besides Aerith in general
>Sephiroth cutting down Tifa during the Nibelheim incident

Have I missed anything?
>>
>>387678779
>Nevermind, fuck'em
The Metroid and Pokemon "statements" were announcements that took centre stage because they were fucking announcements - they're not going to show a 5 second video of Tetsuya Nomura saying "we're still working on the Final Fantasy VII Remake that we've already announced that we're working on" at Sony's E3 conference you retard.

Those people are retards, just like you. Birds of a feather and whatnot.
>>
>>387677884
>Then they should be sued for false advertising

Fuck off you little nonce, you havn't purchased a product. What an entitiled little shit you are.
>>
It does not need to be expensive. Proper management will do the trick. SE is bad at this.
>>
File: image.jpg (263KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263KB, 1920x1080px
>>387678942
>Yuffie kissing Cloud on the date

Why is that a big deal? Yuffie gives me a buffie. look at them. Practically twins. Anyone that says Tifa is has not got some chong in her is delusional.
>>
>>387678942
No world map.
>>
>>387677050
No way it's vaporware if they were willing to sink as much time and money into ff 14 and 15 as they did. Its years away though for sure and will he terrible
>>
>>387679230
Don't start this.
>>
>>387677050
There is no fucking way they are cancelling it. It would forever tarnish them as a company. It is also a huge shame they aren't sticking close to how the original game was like. That formula could totally work for a modern game. The only issue is people needing to calm their autism and appreciate that ATB/TB can still be fun. I mean shit we don't even get to see amazing looking AAA games with these battle systems anymore so why the fuck couldn't we have this one prove to the world it could still be done and be amazing for it?
>>
>>387677120
>it's people who like the culture and want a chance to experience FF7 without playing the old game
That's a good observation
>>
File: 1270559163226.png (37KB, 296x256px) Image search: [Google]
1270559163226.png
37KB, 296x256px
>>387679235
God, fuck no.
This warrants a death sentence.
>>
>>387677050
Xiv and xv were both stuck in dev hell for a long time. One was completely overhauled multiple times during production and took a literal decade to finish, and the other was essentially completely remade AFTER it was released. It's actually pretty impressive that square enix didnt declare bankruptcy back then, but their efforts paid off and retards ate those shit games up
>>
>>387678029
On top of that, CC2 already has a long running ARPG series, and now that they're pushing .hack//G.U. for the 15th anniversary, they'll most likely be working on new .hack stuff, hopefully something actualized but with good controls. SE could have benefitted from their experience.
>>
>>387678942
>Chocobo breeding
Why do you think that?
>>
>>387679235
>no WEAPONs
>no Fort Condor
>no Midgardsormr
>no Wutai
>only one continent (that's traversable only with a vehicle in a loading screen)
>no Blacksmith
>no Costa Del Sol
>no Great Glacier
>only 4 summons
>you can only use 3 in the game, one is story-summon only
>>
>>387679302
Remake is gonna have a real time ATB system according to the new screenshots

Really don't know how they're gonna translate that from turn based combat though, though I have hope
>>
>>387679083
>It does not need to be expensive. Proper management will do the trick.

No, this is simply not true. Even with proper management FFVII would cost an arm and a leg to make.

Think about how long the game is.
Think about all the different locations you travel to.
Think about how many different enemies you face.
Think about how much important dialogue there is.
All the set pieces and cutscenes.

Now imagine all that, with the level of quality showed in the gameplay trailer. Fully modeled enviroments, voice acting and mocap, real time combat, all the bells and whistles. It would make the productions values of Final Fantasy XV look modest.
>>
>https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/20-of-the-most-expensive-games-ever-made/2900-104/3/
>$50M to develop MW2
>$200M for launch and marketing costs
Is this the norm for vidya? Because if not, it's just pathetic, like lost-faith-in-humanity facepalm pathetic
>>
>>387679520
No Final Fantasy since the PS2 era has had anything even remotely like it.

They'll cut it because it'll save them money and time, and 90% of the audience they're targeting wouldn't even know where to start with Chocobo breeding.
>>
>no one mentioning how they'll handle Hojo or Vincent
>>
>>387679594
idiot it's action based

the "ATB" is just a placeholder name because it's an adaptation of the system - for all intents and purposes that bar is a combo meter and has been since the first time we saw gameplay
>>
>>387679594
Yeah but I would have preferred the traditional line up for battles.
>>
>>387677050
>This is totally cancelled/vaporware isn't it
Yeah just like the last guardian right?
>>
File: FFVII-2.jpg (395KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FFVII-2.jpg
395KB, 1920x1080px
I'm getting bad vibes.
>>
File: FFVII-1-740x416.jpg (43KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
FFVII-1-740x416.jpg
43KB, 740x416px
>>387679775
>>
>>387679775
>>387679825
So this is like XII combat only faster and less stiff?
I hope they force active ATB, waitfags are truly cancer.
>>
>>387679775
What kind of bad vibes exactly?
>>
>>387679647
>No Final Fantasy since the PS2 era has had anything even remotely like it
So? No FF before or after it had a breeding system either, but other games have certainly had a capturing/riding system.
>>
>>387679825
Hooooly fuck, cover. Either we're completely fucked, CoD fucked, or it's the greatest ARPG/FFXII-like-RPG ever made
>>
>>387679901
Breeding system is just another way for the game to give you a all-terrain chocobo, they could replace it with IX's Hot&Cold which ultimately gives you the same thing as breeding, while being way more fun.
>>
>>387679775
>>387679825
Me too

Just imagine how much better this could have looked if it had the traditional ATB system from VII. Imagine if Cloud and Barrett were lined up and attacked just like in the old game. With the camera being able to zoom in at times for attacks, magic and summons.

But no we can't fucking get that shit because people want action instead. SAD
>>
File: 1502513485886.gif (162KB, 329x353px) Image search: [Google]
1502513485886.gif
162KB, 329x353px
Seriously, FF7 remake is the best thing that could happen. No more random encounters, no slow battles and no sickening graphics. FF7 was shit so is every FF until 12.
>>
>>387680052
I'll give (You) what you're so desperate for, my friend.
>>
>>387677050
>>Acclaimed dev CC2 already getting the boot for no discernible reason.
So they can work on a better game series.
>>
>>387680052
This.

And I play ASCII roguelikes so dont even dream of calling me casual.
>>
>>387679895
The game is too action focused(melee) to end up any decent on the customization/magic front.

Likely we won't see a THIRD of all the available materia, enemy skills might as well not exist outside of the iconic ones like Beta/Aqualung/Shadowflare/MatraMagic, purple materia like cover aren't even gonna work physically.
Blue materia combinations end up in a million variables, there's no way to include them decently, summons most certainly will be reduced to under 5.
What about equipment? Will have have more than a weapon + accessory like in SNES and IX?

All in all I think everything else but melee will suffer, both due to development time(all those magic abilities and their levels would be way harder to handle than some good melee animations) and because people won't see a point in going magic because melee is way more convenient.
You actually have to have a reason to use green materia, you have to make it flashy, like you did in the original
>>
>>387677120
True, I have not played the og game and I rather play the new one.
>>
>>387680459
>I have not played the og game

This is what /v/ has been reduced to.
>>
Guys.

Guys.

Hey guys.

What if they remove Steal and pretty much most command materia?
>>
File: 1502432860082.jpg (8KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
1502432860082.jpg
8KB, 263x192px
>>387680052
(you)
>>
>>387680370
I'm not worrying too much about that. These people are RPG developers first and foremost.

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/yoshinori-kitase-final-fantasy-vii-remake-not-completely-action-based
>“However, what makes Final Fantasy and RPGs different from other games is that the players have the ability to choose weapons, capabilities and magic to be strategic minded, so while the new game has more real-time element, it will also maintain that strategy building element, balancing these two factors perfectly to enhance the gaming experience."

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fantasy-vii-remake-producer-yoshinori-kitase-talks-progress-weekly-famitsu
>Regarding battles..
>Kitase: “We’ve solidified the base [of the battle system]. Tetsuya Nomura, of course, and Mitsunori Takahashi, who took part in Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, are putting all of their effort into it.”
>Regarding Materia and other systems…
>Kitase: “There are a lot of things I still can’t say, but we’re not going to remove the things that were popular in Final Fantasy VII.”
>>
I just hope they keep Tifa busty.
>>
>>387679230
Everyone looks like a gook in that film. Even Barrett.
>>
>>387680890
>remove the things that were popular
>"were popular"
That can mean a whole lot of shit.
>>
File: 1376018664488.jpg (50KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1376018664488.jpg
50KB, 400x300px
>>387680052
>FF7 was shit so is every FF until the "game" that literally played itself
>>
>>387681182
>developer can't share much info so they say something nondescript to appease the fans
>fans spin it in a negative way
everytime
>>
>>387681404
It's just setting yourself up when they remove or neuter features

>oh hey guys we removed Support Materia because nobody used added cut, elemental, or All, they were not popular
>oh hey guys we removed around half the green materia, who needs Barrier, Comet, Contain, Destruct, Earth, Gravity, Mystify, Seal, Shield, Time? They were not popular
>>
>>387681569
Yeah, devs should either give out details or keep quiet. But they always choose to blue ball
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 896x518px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 896x518px
>>387681180
And 100% canon. Let that tell you something anon. Anyone who doesn't think FF is a jap fantasy where japs are self inserting themselves into non-jap situations is dumb.
>n-no they made it for us westerners!
Face facts in front of your face.
>>
>>387681569
After the pathetic magic showing of XV, I'm half convinced this is how it'll play out.
>>
I'd play it.
>>
File: KH3_Firaga.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
KH3_Firaga.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>387681705
don't take XV as the standard

never take XV as the standard
>>
>>387681768
Okay, I can deal with that.
>>
>>387681768
>thundaza
>firaga
>aeroga
>*ga

Am I the only one who preferred Fire 1/2/3, bolt 1/2/3, etc?
>>
>>387681609
This entire project shouldn't have even been announced for another 2 years. Square has this really fucking bad habit of announcing games that are 5-10 fucking years away. People have already forgotten this shit exists.

Not like it'll be any good even when it does come out anyway. Episodic format and kingdom hearts combat guarantees it'll be garbage.
>>
I don't know why Squeenix still haven't realised that Nomura is an incompetent hack who is fucking incapable of getting a project off the ground any more. Has anything he directed in the last generation even come out?
>>
>>387677120
To be fair, the original game is shit.

Final Fantasy is a franchise that has consistently failed at having good mechanics or lack of padding.
FF1 is literally the only good one. And that game suffers from having half the mechanics not work. The remakes actually made it worse, with the MP system and the fact that the opening scenario's bait and switch (You beat the evil overlord! Actually, that's just the miniscule beginning) doesn't work in a modernized context.
Also, they removed the mechanic where you can attack empty air if you just mash the attack button, which forced you to actually carefully select your attacks. Sure, random encounters make this somewhat tedious in some scenarios, but the game was also better about random encounters than most later games. Shorter animations and more impactful but sparser fights.

Vancian casting makes a lot of sense for a game like FF1, where towns are safe havens and you need to plan your resource use, and casters can use physical attacks to safe their casts per day for when you need them..

It was a game of resource management. Compare that to, say, FF10, where you have a bunch of worthless resources thanks to its ridiculous linearity. Seriously, what's the point in even having financial or MP limitations or random encounters when you cannot even choose your path for 90% of the game?
>>
>>387681569
Contain and Time were my favorite green materia in the game.
>>
>>387681848
It should've been announced this year for the anniversary, but back in 2015 when they announced it they used some excuse like "we weren't sure if people actually wanted it"
>>
>>387677050
it's gonna be like ff15 only even worse of a blunder, quality, not sales-wise, because retards will buy this shit like they always do
>>
>>387682028
>the a team is going to produce a worse quality game than the b team
boi that's not how this goes
>>
>>387679302
>so why the fuck couldn't we have this one prove to the world it could still be done and be amazing for it?
>Square
>Proving that a mechanic can be fun
When have Square ever been good at mechanics?
>>
>>387682041
Then you realize A-team was in charge of XIII
>>
>>387682041
>implying square's a-team is any better than it's b-team
>implying this shit won't get delegated to a fucking z-team because they know it will be bought by normies anyway regardless of quality
>>
File: 1273532543890.jpg (11KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1273532543890.jpg
11KB, 300x170px
At least you're getting updates. Us REmake2fags haven't heard DICK since the announcement, and it's been over 2 years.
>>
I don't care how long it takes, 2020, 2025, I don't care. I just want it to be good, that's all I'm asking, look at Bannerlord, they keep delaying it to up the quality, and that's good, I won't forget one of the most iconic games of all time, even if the remake is in 2030.
>>
>>387680052
oh, (you)
>>
Sony is pretty famous for announcing games early then canning them quietly, because fans keep defending it

See Versus 13
>>
File: QMy8W8n - Imgur.jpg (62KB, 372x489px) Image search: [Google]
QMy8W8n - Imgur.jpg
62KB, 372x489px
They need to release more info so that I could make up my mind about this. But honestly, I'd prefer a faithful HD remaster with an anime art style, voice acting, combat similar to X-2 and new materia/dungeons/enemies/quests/expanded world map. I know I'm not gonna get that, sadly.
>>
Instead of keeping to the game's core strengths, they'll gonna alienate the 10 million fans people who bought the game for 10 million people that might or might not be fans.
>>
>>387682742
at least 9 million of those previous fans were normies who'd eat up anything lol
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 917x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 917x640px
>>387682190
WE DO IT
>>
>>387681839
Just you and me bro
>>
File: 1243738363184.jpg (45KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1243738363184.jpg
45KB, 1024x768px
>>387682906
FUCKING REMOVE THIS NOW
>>
>>387682742
>>387682804
>core strengths
What are the supposed strengths of the game, anyway?
The gameplay was a chore, the quicktime events were obnoxious and the story was ridiculous.

I guess the best they could do is just make it an interactive movie. That would reduce the tedium to a minimum.
>>
>>387681839
-ra and -ga were around before FF7 but yeah, I liked the Bolt1/2/3. And I remember the first time I got to see Sephiroth use his [spell]-3 shit and it was completely different being fucking wowed. And then I figured out his magic was basically attached to an All materia. I was fucking stoked the first time I used All-Ice3 on some Shinra Soldiers.
>>
>>387677050
Honestly i have no expectations for this, i'm not especially a huge fan of the original either, but let's see what SE got in store with that one when it comes out.
>>
>>387679627
There's a point where spending more time/effort to make the game itself better doesn't really translate to more sales. On the other hand, as long as your projected sales aren't higher than the number of consoles in existence, you can usually bank on more marketing dosh to bring in more sales.
>>
>>387683080
>The gameplay was a chore, the quicktime events were obnoxious and the story was ridiculous.

What an opinion.
>>
>>387683207
Prove me wrong faggot.
>>
>>387677050
Okay?
>>
File: image.png (540KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
540KB, 1136x640px
>>387682960
>>
File: 1340502482379.jpg (115KB, 502x494px) Image search: [Google]
1340502482379.jpg
115KB, 502x494px
>>387683375
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>387677050
>Acclaimed dev CC2 already getting the boot for no discernible reason.
They fucked up jojo and araki's Yakuza connections have been sabotaging them ever since...
>>
>>387677050
As shitty as Square Enix is, it won't be unsuccessful. Games like KH and FF are too anticipated to possibly fail. Although I seriously doubt it'll come out for the PS4, PS5 is much more likely.
>>
>>387683728
>>387683728
>Games like KH and FF are too anticipated to possibly fail
>FF7 remake
>FF7 (eff eff seven(7))
>eff eff game
>...and FF (eff eff) are too anticipated to fail
>>
File: Dirgeofcerberususbox.jpg (50KB, 250x352px) Image search: [Google]
Dirgeofcerberususbox.jpg
50KB, 250x352px
>>387677050
They could pump out the most half-assed piece of shit (see pic related) and the fanboys will still line up in droves to eat it up.
>>
>>387685497
Omega was so cool.
>>
>>387685497
when I was a kid I loved how this guy looked but I never knew what he even did
>>
File: 1465770873590.jpg (19KB, 326x294px) Image search: [Google]
1465770873590.jpg
19KB, 326x294px
>>387677050
I replayed FF7 a few weeks ago and i honestly have no idea how they're going to manage to bring a game that big to modern consoles without cutting a lot of content, specially if you consider the new action gameplay.
>>
>>387685907
For better or worse XV was pretty huge, I don't think Square has much of a issue in pushing a lot of content.
Separating it in episodes just confirms this.
>>
>>387685907
>>387686046
Reminder FFXIII had an entire games worth of cut content because the assets weren't compatible with the engine
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 674x1035px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 674x1035px
Look, can we just post the compulsive maturbating autistic teenager please. k thx.
>>
>>387679302
World of Final Fantasy was kinda turn based, does that count?
>>
>>387681094
Why wouldn't they? She's been busty in all 7 related stuff.
>>
>>387686748
The things i'd do the those armpis and that flat chest, god my dick.
>>
File: 1399558181024.jpg (139KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
1399558181024.jpg
139KB, 800x447px
>people still give a shit about FF or SE after a decade of straight failures
I'm honestly amazed by you people.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 350x263px
>>387687536
>flat

I think that's a little unfair, she isn't flat, she just isn't a fucking E-Cup like Tifa and she is only very young still.
>>
>>387687845
Fair point, but i prefer smaller tits anyways, huge tits are just disgusting in real life
>>
>>387687845
Where's that from?
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 640x448px
>>387687926
Dirge of Ceberes i think?
>>
>>387688129
Oh. Never played it. Any good?
>>
>>387677050
>seemingly years away
Square Enix did recently say that KH3 and FFVIIR would be launching in the next three years. In the remake's case I think it's safe to say they mean just the first episode so who knows when we'll get to the final dungeon.
>>
>>387685497
It's been a while now since they've milked FFVII for a standalone spinoff. It's been since, what, Crisis Core? I doubt a lot of the audience nowadays is familiar enough with the original game to buy just anything based purely on brand allegiance.
>>
File: Consider Dio.gif (458KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Consider Dio.gif
458KB, 500x281px
>>387677625
Why do you think that Squeenix aren't showing anything about KHIII and FFVII:R anymore ? Not because it'd take months to make a trailer (which is utter bullshit because all they need to show is gameplay) but because Osaka team's games are shit.
>>
>>387688352
nigga KH3 is getting new trailers
>>
File: photo.jpg (50KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
50KB, 900x900px
>>387677050
Nothing wrong with episodic format my friend.
>>
>>387688352
ok
>>
>>387685497
i finished that game and can barely remember any of it
>>
>>387688229
2018 - KH3
2019 - VIIR
Those are my bets. Probably Q4 for both.
>>
>>387688405
Doesn't count. Just because you wan't to rename "sequels" and call them "episodes" doesn't make it so
>>
>>387686046
>XV was pretty huge
What the fuck?
>>
>>387688352
But we just had two KH3 trailers a couple months ago.
>>
>>387681882
What a fucking shitfest of an opinion, jesus christ mate. I genuinely feel sorry for you. My condolescences for having to live life as the boring-ass person that you are.
>>
>>387688405
There kind of is when it's applied to one game where a shit load of content could be accessed or obtained at various points within the broad scope of the whole thing. How the fuck is getting Yuffie/Vincent going to work? How are they going to be reflected in the second episode if the player didn't get them in the first one? How are they going to account for these disparities for people who, for whatever reason, play the second episode and not the first? Is there going to a whole fucking disc for breeding chocobos? This game is never coming out.
>>
>>387682041
>implying the a team has produced anything worthwile in the past couple of decades
top fucking kek
the game is going to be shit, everybody with at least one functioning braincell sees this coming, why can't you?
>>
>>387688813
At the very least it's going to be better than the original.
>>
>>387688813
Can I get tomorrow's lotto numbers please?
>>
>>387688869
No.
>>387688848
No because the original was a good game, and nu-square can't make good games anymore.
>>
>>387688168
Yikes, no. The gameplay is average and the story is worse than fucking Advent Children. It's hilarious, but I don't think it's worth a full playthrough. Just watch the cutscenes.
>>
>>387688168
It's shit, don't bother.
>>
File: 1491539470038.png (322KB, 591x716px) Image search: [Google]
1491539470038.png
322KB, 591x716px
>>387688952
>>387689018
I'll pass then, thanks lads. Although... I liked the fights in Advent Children.
>>
>>387677625
Then compare it when the remake was announced which got more people excited than toddlers for a metroid remake.
>>
>>387688848
>action-RPG
>action-RPG
>action-RPG
>>
>>387677050
>game gets announced
>fucking crickets for years
i can't believe they're doing it again! reeeeee
>>
>>387689504
It's Square Enix. If there's one thing we can count on, it's them announcing a game 2-5 years before they should.
>>
>>387688393
>>387688624
Since when was it in development ? 2013. It's been 4 years and we still don't know jack shit about the game except the fact that there's 6 worlds, 3 of them being recycled and some of the mechanics.
>>
File: 1460654688168.jpg (254KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460654688168.jpg
254KB, 1280x1080px
>>387679775
>barret isn't a giga nigga
fucking dropped
>>
>>387689660
2013 with Luminous, but had a slight restart in 2014 when they switched over to UE4. And 5 years is becoming pretty standard for most AAA games these days. Like most Japs, most of the info comes out in interviews rather than events like E3.
>>
>>387677050
action RPGs should've stopped at diabloclones
>>
File: fair.jpg (502KB, 742x1041px) Image search: [Google]
fair.jpg
502KB, 742x1041px
crisis core was a great game, they just needed to remove genesis entirely and it would have been superior to ff7
>>
>>387689660
Also not sure where you got the 6 worlds thing from.
>>
>>387689740
>>
>>387689834
Twilight Town
Big Hero 6
Mount Olympus
Toy Story
Tangled
Mysterious Tower (I think?)
>>
File: 1405560830717.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1405560830717.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>387679230
Tifa looks really old here.

I kinda like it :3
>>
>>387679528
>Same summon mechanics as in XV
>>
People will hate it no matter what even if it was a "1:1 remake" like they seem to want.
Enough people will like it though and it will sell like hotcakes.
/v/ just hates everything as always
>>
>>387690000
There's still ones they haven't announced yet, but plan to leading up to release.
>>
File: 1494883418456.jpg (63KB, 368x247px) Image search: [Google]
1494883418456.jpg
63KB, 368x247px
>>387689912
doesn't look nearly enough giga.
>>
>>387690318
But those arms are the same size as his head?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 500x276px
>>387690131
Well, mid 20's by advent children. I like Yuffie's look better, and finally legal! :3
>>
>>387690516
>old and busted
>buttoned up shorts
No thank you.
>>
>>387690516
>mid-20s
>super old

Oh yea, I forgot we were talking about JRPGs, where if you're a girl your shelf life runs out around 19.
>>
>>387687549
This.

12, 13 and it sequels, 14 ( first release), 15, and type 0 may have sold but failed on multiple levels, yet people are still expecting good things from 7R and are even clammoring for 16! I've read that 16 is in pre-production now! Amazing how delusional SE fans are.
>>
>>387690260
I can just imagine the clickbait articles that are gonna come out regardless of what they do.
>>
>>387690804
XII was good.
>>
>>387688848
How in the hell do you know this?
>>
>>387690804
>12 was good
>13 has a pretty dedicated fanbase, like it or not (I personally hated the 13 series)
>no argument for OG 14, that shit sucked. ARR is amazing though
>agreed about 15 and type-0
>>
>>387689815
Fucking this. Genesis fucked everything up.
>>
>>387690897
The same way people say the game is bad even though it hasn't been released yet.
>>
>>387690897
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fantasy-vii-remake-producer-yoshinori-kitase-talks-progress-weekly-famitsu

>Kitase: “We’ve solidified the base [of the battle system]. Tetsuya Nomura, of course, and Mitsunori Takahashi, who took part in Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, are putting all of their effort into it.”
>Mitsunori Takahashi
>>
File: image.gif (748KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
748KB, 500x200px
>>387690546
>old and busted

She is like, 18 anon. Cloud should have never let her get so tender with him with that kiss. He was the adult. She was just a child, he shold never have entertained such a confused and young lust from her. Strife a teenage heartbreaker.

moral of the story is anon, keep your hands of kids assess thx
>>
File: 1407715904352.jpg (16KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1407715904352.jpg
16KB, 500x558px
>>387678367
Holy shit anon you are doing literally the thing he strawmanned you as doing
>>
>>387677050
>Acclaimed dev CC2
The faggots who made shitty Naruto games are not acclaimed
>>
Does someone have the chart for getting into the Final Fantasy series?
>>
>>387691085
>that spoiler
First of all, no. Secondly, Yuffie a best. Only girl that canonically hugged and kissed Cloud in VII.
>>
>>387677050
>Never played the original game
>Will likely skip it if it cuts too much content from the original and plays like XV
Honestly though, maybe instead of redoing FFVII and in doing so admitting that it was a hotly popular entry in the franchise and remains loved enough to warrant such an involved remake, they should considering making FFXVI closer to FFVII?

If I want FFVII, I'll play the original. What is there to improve in a remake? Localisation? Graphics? Combat system? Even as an outsider, I can appreciate a studio's acknowledgement of their "big hit" but maybe use that money and drive to bring back what people have been asking for for years?

Is the consensus surrounding FF vastly different in Japan or something? Far as I know XV sold like shit there.
>>
>>387677050
Bethesda did it right

>Announce a new game in your series months before the release date
>no one has enough time to shit post it to death
>Normie visitors have to form their own opinions
>Sell decent and let the fallout settle after you're on your yacht.

I don't expect to SE to have the brain power the retards at Besthesda do. The only Final Fantasy IP they released that was decent was Bravely Default. Shit ain't even FF.
>>
>SE still forcing Advent Children bullshit
We get it already, you have a hard on for it.
>>
>>387691295
get a load of this retard
>>
>>387691575
Don't start with 7, IX, X, XII, XIII or II.

Anything else is a go. I recommend I.
>>
>>387680504
>Actually thinking that having played FFVII is a ticket some kind of OG club and that the remake won't have improved gameplay

>>387688732
Please explain how he's wrong though.

>appreciate that ATB can be fun
No. There are no games with good ATB battle systems. Conversely, Square has proven to have some of the best developers of real time combat in the world and it would be a shame to waste that.
>>
File: image.jpg (175KB, 644x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 644x768px
>>387691613
>Only girl that canonically hugged and kissed Cloud in VII.

Doesn't mean he should have entertained such dangerous affections. Bet he kept that salty little kiss a secret from the group. Also seek help.
>>
>>387692137
>a fag defending someone who hasn't play VII thinks his opinion is relevant

Protip: Ahahaha.
Go home.
>>
>>387692205
How could he control Yuffie's actions? Also why should I seek help, there's nothing wrong with me. I don't feel sick, or have any sore muscles.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 640x360px
>>387692539
>i swear officer, it's not like i wanted her to sexually kiss me

Pathetic.
>>
>>387679647
>wouldn't even know where to start with Chocobo breeding

Nobody else would know what the fuck to do if it weren't for the Chocobo Sage anyway. What's your point?
>>
>>387677050
Most of us have learned to stop trusting Squarenix to make anything nice, especially if its a remake of their own IP's or getting a game out in a timely fashion.
>>
>>387681193
>until the "game" that literally played itself

That's the point though. Mechanically it wasn't inferior at all, it just gave you the option of automating things, making it obvious how repetitive it was. All the previous games were every bit as mindless for the most part and could have just as easily been automated, but people care more about the illusion of making 'strategic' decisions.
>>
>>387692895
I don't understand.
>>
>>387682496
Square Enix announced the game on Sony's stage. It was out of Sony's hands.
>>
>>387692296
See people, this is what 'serious' VII fans are like.
>>
File: FFChart1.jpg (1MB, 4944x3192px) Image search: [Google]
FFChart1.jpg
1MB, 4944x3192px
>>387691575

Here you go.
>>
>>387693385
>hasn't played the game
>thinks their opinion is worth anything
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 450x320px
>>387693365
Neither do those poor teenagers anon. They are not for your cummies. Stop this.
>>
>>387677120
>Remember, the target audience isn't people who like the old [product], it's people who like the culture and want a chance to experience [product] without playing the old game/movie.
>Star Wars the Force Awakens.mkv
>>
>>387693430
>Start with 7
Get the fuck outta here, fucking 7 dickriders man, "best game in the series hurr durr" bunch of eco terrorist wannabe chasing a gigantic alien mommy issue faggot, jesus.
>>
>>387693578
>You need to play a 20 year old game everyone has seen, played or knows about before you can say it's shit no matter how obviously shit it is
Tell me more about your fanboy ways.
>>
File: 1499957836250.jpg (21KB, 605x586px) Image search: [Google]
1499957836250.jpg
21KB, 605x586px
>>387678779
Holy shit nigga, calm down.
>>
>>387693580
>implying
There's a reason why females can be impregnated once they start getting periods.
>>
>>387693707
t. assblasted VI babby
>>
>>387694007
Yeah, because natural selection didn't result in all the girls that menstruate young dying off.

Checkmate.
>>
>>387694191
Meaning they are absolutely for impregnating once they start bleeding and no moralfag law trumps the natural order.

Double checkmate.
>>
The character models added a tone to the story.
I don't think scenes like honeybee manor would work with realistic models.
>>
>>387693707
I bet you unironically think Kefka was a good villain.
>>
Just wait, the real shit show is going to be when they reveal the episodic nature of the game will give you preset parties that you can't change so that they don't have to spend money on voice acting for every possible party combination
>>
>>387693719
>he hasn't played the game
>thinks his opinion is worth the wasted bandwidth
>>
>>387694528
>b-but muh intelligent and nihilistic villain
>>
>>387694807
You don't understand. You're shiting on a person who simply wants to play the remake over the original. His opinion is of course irrelevant, but that doesn't matter. He's 'allowed' to want to play a new version of the game despite instance other wise from purists that this is verboten without experiencing the original.
>>
>>387695271
He can play all he wants, but he shouldn't take a shit at a game he never played.
>>
>>387677050
They just announce everything way to early. Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced 4 years ago and that's still coming.
>>
>>387695316
All he said was "I'd rather play the new one". take your head out of your ass.
>>
>>387695237
Which one, Kefka or Sephiroth?
>>
>>387695717
Which quickly devolved into

>hurr i dun haf play gaem 2 tell u is shit
>ermake obvi0us b bett4r

Get the fuck out of here or learn to follow a reply chain you braindead chump.
>>
>>387694108
>assblasted VI babby
Why 6 though ?
>>
>>387677120
>No, they'll just push it out no matter how bad it is.

true. Look at the mess known as FFXV when i was first released.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.