[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you like to have added in Smash Brothers if it gets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: groove system.png (824KB, 1031x579px) Image search: [Google]
groove system.png
824KB, 1031x579px
What would you like to have added in Smash Brothers if it gets ported to the Switch?

I was thinking something akin the groove system/Power stones like in MvCI but instead you chose those little Djini from Golden Sun. Each time you kill an oponent you will get their Djin and when you have enough, you'll be able to unleash some powerful attack.
They would also appear randomly like Smash Balls so you have to hit them to make them join you.
That and the tablets from The lost Age, Air dashes and more Assist Trophy characters.
Something to enhance the casual aspect of the game. Fuck the competitive scene.

Hard mode: No characters.
>>
>>387673747
Smash bros has always been about low skill floor and adding needlessly complicated mechanics like this doesn't really do much for raising the skill ceiling and would be confusing to newcomers. I hate it when games cater to the lowest skilled players, but Smash Bros has always done it really well and there is no point in changing up a working formula.
Adding all these things would be fine in some other fighting game though, but you're trying to change way too much all at once. Like air dashing? Really? What exactly would this do other than fuck with the balance ever more?
>>
>>387674119
>Like air dashing? Really?
My thought process was more like "hey it was really cool it Guilty Gear why not have it here"
>fuck with the balance
Well i never cared for the valance, i clearly said "fuck the competitive scene"
I just thought it would feel/look cooler if it had those features.
>>
>>387674543
>"hey it was really cool it Guilty Gear why not have it here"
This is a really poor mentality to have for game design. If the only reason you can think of to add something is ''why not?'' it's probably not worth adding at all. Especially since it changes the gameplay fundamentally.
Game balance isn't only for competitive play, though I'd argue Smash Bros is competitive even if you're not playing at EVO levels. Good balance is good for casuals too.
>>
>>387674723
Balance wasn't my priority as you can see. I thought it would be fun.
But hey whatever makes your dick hard.
>>
That sounds like annoying airstrikes from CoD4MW
>>
>>387675202
Sure, it could be fun, but it wouldn't be Smash Bros at some point.
You can add all kinds of mechanics to a game, but for Smash Bros, it would lose its simplicity, which is half of the game's appeal.
>>
>>387673747
>Each time you kill an oponent you will get their Djin and when you have enough, you'll be able to unleash some powerful attack. They would also appear randomly like Smash Balls so you have to hit them to make them join you.
This sounds like a shit idea, it would turn Smash Bros. from "find a way to get your opponent off the stage" into "go on a scavenger hunt across the stage to fill up your special bar before everyone else does." It just takes a shit on both the casual and competitive aspect of the game, and it doesn't sound fun to play whatsoever. Don't try "fixing" something that isn't broken.
>Air dashes
Smash already has air dodges, you could just revert them to how they were in Melee if you want that.
>more Assist Trophy characters.
Sure. They should add a Donkey Kong animal buddy you can ride on.
>>
>>387676347
>They should add a Donkey Kong animal buddy you can ride on.
Why haven't they done this shit already? Fucking hell. Is there even a single DK assist trophy?
>>
I know hard mode says no characters, but they should really put in Ice Climbers. They already existed and functioned during development but the 3DS couldn't handle them and so they were removed from both versions to maintain an equal roster.
>>
>>387676347
>"go on a scavenger hunt across the stage to fill up your special bar before everyone else does."

You gotta take into consideration that this was with 4 players and more in mind while doing this. Not so much as a scavenger hunt, but more like it happens while you are fighting. It's not as if it was a top priority thing to go out there and get them.
>>
>>387676581
>>>387672934
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.