[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buddy and I are marathoning through every Megaman game in chronological

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: fc_rockman1.png (4KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
fc_rockman1.png
4KB, 256x240px
Buddy and I are marathoning through every Megaman game in chronological order.

We're a good chunk into 3 now. 1 isn't very good. Tell me why you think 1 is good and I'll tell you why you're wrong then I'll tell you why 2 is pretty okay.
>>
>>387673373
1 and 2 are both not very good. The series really only gets good at 3 and 4 onwards is where it really shits.

I have no clue why 2 is the one that people all have a nostalgia boner for. And it's always the same song too.
>>
1 is good.
>>
>>387673549
1 is bad
>>
Mega Man 1 honestly sucks shit, it just there for novelty really. I'd like to imagine if one of the lead developers (forgot his name) didn't beg Capcom to fund a sequel it's just be talked about some crap unpolished platformer and never mentioned again, fortunately that wasn't the case though
>>
Why would I do that? I don't think Mega Man 1 is all that great. I appreciate it for kicking things off and having the most memorable robot masters (though that's likely more due to them receiving more merchandise and cameos than how memorable they were from the game alone), but it's totally overshadowed by its sequels.

I will hold Mega Man 1 over some of the weaker later entries though, because at least 1 has the excuse of being a first attempt. The later Mega Man games that managed to be subpar despite everything they'd learned are more offensive.
>>
1's base levels are fine but the Wily stages suck. 2 is alright but very overrated and 9 is honestly a near uniformly better version of it but it does have its good spots like Quick Man's stage or Air Man's stage.
>>
>>387673597
You are wrong.
>>
>>387673918

>The later Mega Man games that managed to be subpar despite everything they'd learned are more offensive.

When sequels get cranked out the way they did with classic MM you're bound to hit idea fatigue by entries 7 and 8. That's still the devs' fault, though.
>>
File: 250px-Mmandbass.jpg (29KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mmandbass.jpg
29KB, 250x251px
Don't forget MegaMan and Bass inbetween 7 and 8, unlike Capcom did

Seriously though get a translated SNES version and not the GBA version, it's worth it
>>
>>387673521
>I have no clue why 2 is the one that people all have a nostalgia boner for
The music.
>>
>>387673521
3 is kind of boring IMO, 4 is much bettter.

9 is the best
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.