[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DUDE EVERYTHING YOU DID IN THE FIRST GAME AMOUNTED TO NOTHING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 17

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
>DUDE EVERYTHING YOU DID IN THE FIRST GAME AMOUNTED TO NOTHING LMAO
>EVERYONE YOU PROTECTED IS DEAD AND YOUR POWERS ARE BACK TO SQUARE ONE LOL

I fucking hate this shit.
It's an okay game in it's own right, but as a sequel and a finale it's fucking terrible.
>>
Oh and I should point out killing off the whole city you protected in the first game is fine if you keep the tone dark, but this game goes off the rails compared to the first one with silly monsters and cole making light hearted quips.

So that doesn't fucking work.
>>
biggest beef with infamous 2 i had was the lack of damage mitigation, and every mission having rocket launcher guys ambushing you constantly. every single mission
>>
>>387672052
The idea is to use precision shooting for the slowmo to hit any enemies before they get a chance to shoot.
>>
>>387672270
an ability they lock you out of until later and drains your powers when you aim
>>
>>387672745
they lock you out of a shit ton of shit until way too late.
>>
Picked up second son the other day, holy shit what an improvement. Locking cole to one power definitely hurt those games

>fucking flying up everything as some purple blur
>going invis and subduing everyone
>>
>>387673630
I had interest in second son but never picked it up.
I've either heard it's good or shit. Which is it?
>>
I hate how these "morality" based games are too pussy to include any kids in them.

I mean, talk about defeating the point.
>>
>>387674089
As an game it's 7/10, if you're a fan of the infamous series it's fun as shit
>>
>>387673630
>second son
>improvement
this must be bait
>>
>>387674802
For traversing the landscape it was a massive improvement.
>>
>>387673630
>>387674907
Second Son was so fucking boring holy fuck, I wanted it to end. 2 is 10 times better.
>>
>>387674802
>>387674673
and here we go, I just have no idea who to believe
>>
>DUDE, IF I GREENTEXT AND OVERSIMPLIFY THINGS AND IGNORE SOME DETAILS I CAN MAKE THIS GOOD GAME SOUND BAD

You, that's you.
>>
File: inf-sasha.jpg (114KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
inf-sasha.jpg
114KB, 900x1000px
>my evil waifu never appears again

that's the real crime here
>>
>>387675405
Retard, I simply stated it's a good game, but a terrible sequel

if you want to blow up all the shit you protected for hours on end in the first game, at least stick with that dark tone to match
>>
>>387675585
It still had the dark tone, retard.
>Corrupt mayor using his hidden powers to create monsters to justify the hatred of people like Cole
>The plague affecting both humans and conduits, leading to the decision of which species gets to live and which might face total extinction
That's fucking dark.
>>
File: inf-poster-sasha.jpg (156KB, 900x1260px) Image search: [Google]
inf-poster-sasha.jpg
156KB, 900x1260px
>>387675541
>>
>>387674802
How is it not an improvement? Pretty much all skills in the first two infamous' were shit. Dude electric grenades lmao

Whereas in second son the powers actually change your combat up.

>video is stealthy and has a rapid fire machine gun
>neon is gotta go fast mode
>smoke is crowd control central

Second son blows the first two out of the water power wise
>>
>>387675705
>ridiculous southern dude with a corny motivation
>which was not handled with any gravitas whatsoever, everyone acted like it was a minor inconvenience

The overall story is fine, but the execution is really lacking drama-wise compared to Infamous 1. It feels WAY too laid back, I mean for fuck's sake it's practically the end of the world.

And then we have fucking Cole, who is way more chill than in the first. Now changing his character is fine if it makes sense... but after his girlfriend dies? After Zeke betrays him? After THE BEAST FUCKING DESTROYS HIS HOME CITY?

Yeah makes perfect sense that he would be cracking one-liners and shit.
>>
File: 6788679867.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6788679867.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387674089
>>387675243
why not play it and form your own opinions?
you said you had some interest in it, you can easily find it cheap
>>
>>387675914
Second son needed more enemy variety
>>
>>387674136
It's surprising that these games are only T rated, when you can brutally kill people with your powers.
>>
>no inFamous 3

well i guess either way that question mark had an answer.
>>
>>387676019
It's roughly a month later, he got an infodump about an end of the world threat that was bigger than his personal life, and had time to think about things during the course of the game. Jesus man, it's not like he was cracking wise the day right after Trish died.
>>
File: 1412904179499.jpg (41KB, 389x366px) Image search: [Google]
1412904179499.jpg
41KB, 389x366px
>>387670364
Infamous 2nd son is shit, this is not debatable
>>
was second son praised on launch? because it feels like one of those generic launch games that developers cram all the gimmicks into

>touchpad
>hey the controller makes noise
>>
>>387674089
It is boring as sin. I honestly can't even remember if I finished it. Didn't help that it was a based in Seattle, a city I live adjacent to and have grown to hate. Though I would like it if they made a GTA game based around the Northwest so I could kill these fucking irritating hipsters and retarded hicks.
>>
File: learning that there's a sequel.jpg (22KB, 499x320px) Image search: [Google]
learning that there's a sequel.jpg
22KB, 499x320px
>>387670364
>DUDE EVERYTHING YOU DID IN THE FIRST GAME AMOUNTED TO NOTHING LMAO
>YOU TURNED EVIL IN A COMIC BOOK THAT IS NEVER MENTIONED IN THE GAME AND THE ONE PERSON YOU PROTECTED WORKS AGAINST YOU AND YOUR POWERS ARE COMPLETELY MISUNDERSTOOD BY THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM ALSO YOU PLAY AS AN ANGRY BLACK GUY NOW LOL
>>
>>387676714
They fucked it up in the worst possible way. It was still fun though.
>>
File: SecondBeast.png (199KB, 634x353px) Image search: [Google]
SecondBeast.png
199KB, 634x353px
You know what made me mad more than Mass Effect 3 ending and even perhaps Dead Space 3?

The devs decide to make canon whatever the majority chooses. Evil karma is the perfect set up for an amazing hypothetical inFAMOUS3. The devs want this and they even kill Cole off in good karma just to make sure the majority will play evil Cole so that decision is canon. We could play as another conduit in a world going to shit as the army of conduits is fighting the army, or as a Cole, the beast who is making new followers each day but killing masses with nothing to stop him, or even as another Cole who is trying to stop the beast Cole sort of like Kessler but in reverse in that instead of training himself he is trying to kill himself.. The fucking possibilities of this game but no. 80% of faggots have to be this pure blue paragon of virtue. Fuck you.
>>
>>387676580
WAAAAAY better than the other infamous games, at least the protagonist wasn't a brooding batman ripoff
>>
If you had infamous 1 saved data the karma would adjust to it, and the story. Also, you would retain some powers beside the basic.
>>
>>387674089
It's amazingly fun if you are a fan of the franchise or superpower settings in general, the game has very tight gameplay. The story is its weak point for the most part. It ends when you actually immerse yourself into it and should be twice as long, and as usual the evil path offers a better tale. The story and powers change enough based on your karma to keep two playthroughs interesting. Still feels like a technical demo for the lack of scope the previous game had.
>>
>you died after the first game
>We merely resurrected you for the third game, it's up to you to get your abilities back

Ok but why my squad back to square one???
>>
I'm bummed out you don't get the lightning hookshot til really late into the game, it was probably the dumbest and most outlandish power, but god damn if it wasn't fun
>>
>>387677670
This has to be fucking bait cole is so far from batman he's a fucking everyman
>>
They could have easily made Nix into Sasha.

It's like they tried to ignore as much of the first game as they could.

Trish is mentioned literally once.

Kessler is never stated to be Cole.

No mention of government coming after Cole any dangling plot threads.

Hell, they even brush over Zeke's betrayal like it's nothing
>>
>>387676568
It wasn't handled well, man And we don't even know how long it was after the destruction of empire city but it was only a couple weeks at most.
>>
>>387676714
Infamous dealt with all the side villains (Alden, Sasha, Moya) in a fucking comic book.

Not even a token mention of them in Infamous 2. Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>387676243
When Infamous Second Son came out, I was actually at the age where I though Delsin looked cool as fuck

I dunno now, man. He might be a real turn-off. And fucking Troy Baker.
>>
>>387678230
The one that lets you lightning swing like electric Spider-man?
>>
>>387677994
Literally all that changes is some enhanced xp, some extra life and a few audio logs saying "cole is a good guy"
>>
>>387677516
Hey don't blame the players because the developers are lazy hacks

For me anyway, the story feels better suited to Cole being a hero.
>>
>>387678981
It wasn't really swing, it like you casted out a hook of lightning and got yanked to wherever the hook dug in, just like a hookshot.
>>
>>387678230
Thats all well and good but jesus the first game wouldve been great with the Lightning Tether
I swear climbing my way up buildings in Empire City sucked the life out of me
>>
>>387675914
I prefer to see super hero games designed around a distinct power set, instead of a bland blur of multiple powers that all amount to the same thing with just different colors.
>>
>>387677516
No, the evil ending was complete shit writing. Go fuck yourself. It was a total 180 degree turn of the character with no motivation to justify it. The entirety of the first and second game set up Cole having every reason to despise the Beast who is ultimately responsible for fucking everything in his life up, until suddenly in the last 30 minutes of the story, "Oh, wait, I can make sure some people get super powers and it will just give cancer and kill billions of people, just like my girlfriend and make other people hate me just like future me/Kessler? LOL OK!"
>>
>>387679261
You could screw with it in a way that made it swing you around
>>
>>387680168
What pissed me off most about the beast and cole was cole didn't even seem the least bit pissed about empire city being destroyed.

the cole from the first game would have sorted his ass out when John asks if they can still be friends, that shit was ridiculous
>>
Is no one going to talk about how disappointing the fight with The Beast was?

I mean, they built that shit up real hard, with screens flashing telling you HE'S COMING and then we get what?
He throws some fireballs and then you rocket spam his head.
Wow.
Exciting.
>>
>>387675914
It has no focus or story. The electric powers were good and well thought out. SS just had the same shitty moves with different colours. They half-arsed three (3.5) things, instead of whole arsing one thing. It simply can't compare to the first two as regards powers. Even Prototype was better.
The city lacks personality, too, and there are only two enemies.
Delsin isn't as bad as one might initially think of the character, but he's still not great.
>>
>>387680168
Hero we need vs hero we deserve.
>>
>>387681186
Cole is better?
>>
>>387681315
Yes. He had actual motivation. Not just, "Lol, i'm an Injun who'll pull some concrete out of an old lady."
Evil ending was bloody brilliant, though.
>>
>>387681419
injun have great motivation

cole is great, though. I never got the batman comparisons. His voice was nowhere near as forced as bales'
>>
>>387681627
>injun have great motivation
Not really. The story had no weight because he wouldn't shut up about getting the concrete power just to save the old lady. Nothing about the bigger picture. Just Akomish nonsense which no non-Akomish person would ever care about.
>>
>>387680797
>first game hypes the Beast to all hell
>destroys cities, exterminates humanity, cracks the fucking moon into pieces
>sequel comes out, he is just some big dude
>>
>>387681968
Wonder if Sucker Punch will reveal the Beast Kessler saw is actually another time traveling Cole explaining the massive power not shown by John White
>>
>>387673630
Second Son was alright but it still doesn't compare to inFamous 2.
>Second Son is about 6-7 hours long
>The side missions are all the same recycled dull missions.
>The good and evil choices are pretty lame in comparison to 2 or even 1.
>Forgettable characters. Delsin and his brother were okay. The main villian of Second Son is the most bland and generic villian character to ever step foot on an inFamous game. The Beast was more interesting and he appeared only a few times.
>The city is smaller.
>The stand alone DLC is somehow better than the main game.
>>
>>387681968
No kidding.

Was there anything in Infamous 2 that even felt as epic as Infamous 1 did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Ouhx8LSF0

2:30
>>
>>387681968
Beast was definitely a retcon "oh so tragic villain" instead of well a beast

they showed in Kessler's vision quite clearly that he was malevolent and killing people just for the sake of it
>>
>>387682103
The Beast Being John White always felt so out of place to me.
Its like they just choose this character because he already had some connection to the story
>>
>>387683658
They set it up in the first game though

Totally unrelated topic here, but I just considered it would probably work well if you swapped Cole's voices for both games.

Make him younger, smart-alecky fresh-sounding in the first one and more gravelly, world-weary take-no-shit in the second one
>>
File: B000ZK7ZOE.01.lg.jpg (71KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
B000ZK7ZOE.01.lg.jpg
71KB, 800x450px
I seriously hate the design of this game.

They made Cole into a generic prettyboy
>>
>>387680168
But it wasn't. I played evil Cole in 1 too and it was a natural progression. The duel between them in which Zeke had no chance but kept on going redeemed the character (since Zeke betrayed him) and made him the true hero while Cole slipped so much into power insanity that killing 10k people to save one was "worth it." Good Cole was shitty written character with bipolar disorder and no interesting character in him and the entire story arc had not one interesting moment. Meanwhile Evil Cole gets to fly with the Beast around the city, duels his former best friend in a sad end that shows the real struggle of the characters and sets up a roaring rampage against the whole world for what it did to him while saving his own kind only. Best setting and best cliffhanger. inFAMOUS 3 was set to be THE game but we got completely new story and characters because of your pleb taste so fuck you.

>>387680421
Why should he? If you played 1 as evil Cole it only made sense he was smart enough to know when to listen to a thing that could wipe him with a handwave.
>>
>>387681736
If you play evil Delsin you get the proper ending. A good set up for new game but the blue paragon faggots are again going to fuck it up with shitty good ending. I hope the devs wouldn't listen to the community this time and just made canon what they wanted in the first place.
>>
>>387684484
I seem to remember cole being a prick to anything that pissed him off, that included powerful conduits and monsters

in any case, they should have accounted more for personality changes with the karma system.

this whole ray sphere plague thing is such a stupid retcon anyway. the plague in the first game is implied to be sasha's tar in the water system

the only threat oncoming is the beast, and I think they implied the beast got even more powerful over time.

in infamous 2 the real villain is a fucking disease. how exciting
>>
File: d6c.jpg (29KB, 293x263px) Image search: [Google]
d6c.jpg
29KB, 293x263px
>>387683223
Maybe the beast Kessler saw is the beast Cole from evil ending trying to save the world.
>>
>>387684641
Personally I find it compelling seeing a clearly morally scrupulous character force himself to do good things.

It's much easier to be an edgelord and blow shit up
>>
>>387685070
did you miss the part where the beast was clearly presented as evil?
kessler's vision even showed bodies impaled on spikes and shit, you can't "wave that away" as making conduits to cure the plague
>>
>>387685160
I don't remember it that well since I played 1 years ago but spikes can be handwaved for beast powers creating them to disable people fighting him or whatever.
>>
>>387677516
I would have picked the evil ending, but because I was a good guy all the way through the game I was locked out of it.
>>
>>387685160
Maybe evil Cole becomes insane and truly evil as he is trying to save the world? Maybe he impaled people to intice fear into others in a twisted "I now kill few to save more who won't fight me later"?
>>
>>387685389
He didn't kill a few dammit, why are we even having this argument, kessler clearly says he destroys the entire world.

Why do you think Kessler was such a prick about Cole needing to stop the beast?
>>
>>387685319
Because their version of an evil ending makes no sense.

Cole could choose The Beast's plan because it's guaranteed to work, but that doesn't suddenly make him evil. It just means he won't take risks.

and again, this all conflicts with the first game
>>
File: 1495628754843.jpg (60KB, 1018x518px) Image search: [Google]
1495628754843.jpg
60KB, 1018x518px
>>387686071
>the beast finally appears
>he is a total bitch
>'boy, Cole I sure am tired of being evil, now you do it'
>'ok'
>>
this thread is so forced its sad
>>
>>387686210
At least he has some dialogue there

why does he go back to being a generic speechless monster in the good ending? shit makes no sense
>>
>>387686279
infamous 2 fanbabby?
>>
File: Nice_meme.gif (2MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nice_meme.gif
2MB, 420x300px
>>387686427
>>
>>387686841
nice argument
>>
Any chance for a remastered collection of 1 & 2?
>>
>>387686210
He was deatomized and it wasn't instant in his point of view. It was a nice reminder of a much better developed yet in powers very similar character Jonathan Osterman also known as Dr. Manhattan.
>>
File: Beast_Cole_infamous_2.png (288KB, 635x353px) Image search: [Google]
Beast_Cole_infamous_2.png
288KB, 635x353px
>>387686071
I am not having an argument with you. I am just entertaining myself with wild speculations that I know are not going to be realized in a shitposting thread turned to fan discussion in mockery of OP. Would be fun if we got to play Kessler kind of Cole who is witnessing beast evil Cole becoming more and more unstable and eventually killing people just for fun because he slipped to madness, maybe even destroying the world in the end as you pointed out. Good karma playing as Kessler Cole and evil karma playing as beast Cole. Damn I want that. Or maybe a continuation of evil Delsin story, or even better inFAMOUS set in ancient Egypt or Greece explaining the myths with conduit origin. Water manipulation leaving dry husks of corpses around? Leather manipulation draining skin from people and making sturdy armor against arrows and things like that? I can only dream.
>>
>>387690487
I seen no mockery

infamous 2 is pretty shit. It's unfortunate I had to play it to finish the story from 1.
>>
>>387690487
>Good karma playing as Kessler Cole

>not buying the kessler skin for infamous 2

in any case your ideas are fun and interesting, which means they'll never actually happen
>>
the designs in this game are shit too

Kuo literally looks like an asian male-to-female transsexual in the final game
>>
File: a0a1b6c78cd624ca2e152c7d8d472061.jpg (194KB, 1024x714px) Image search: [Google]
a0a1b6c78cd624ca2e152c7d8d472061.jpg
194KB, 1024x714px
Although on that note, this game had some bizarre concept art
>>
File: 5861306640_5ff728cd2b_b.jpg (190KB, 743x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5861306640_5ff728cd2b_b.jpg
190KB, 743x1024px
>>
File: 2f382a139a8c1a47278a38b8bea452e6.jpg (170KB, 1024x638px) Image search: [Google]
2f382a139a8c1a47278a38b8bea452e6.jpg
170KB, 1024x638px
>>
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.