[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>long list of reasons to have a PC over a console >the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: BLOG-FD-face.jpg (22KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
BLOG-FD-face.jpg
22KB, 367x332px
>long list of reasons to have a PC over a console
>the one, lone reason to have a console over a PC is exclusives

defend this
>>
Only poor people have to choose one or the other
>>
>console is $250 to $300
>a good (ie: not a reddit-tier CONSULL KILLAH build) PC is $1000
>>
File: ps4gamecollection.jpg (45KB, 555x800px) Image search: [Google]
ps4gamecollection.jpg
45KB, 555x800px
delet this thread now
>>
>>387669724
you like the exclusives. pretty easy to understand, m8. if I could play xenoblade 2 on pc I probably would.
>>
>>387670796
>consoles have paid online fees, which is a requirement for most new releases on consoles
>console games generally cost more
>consoles require replacement more often than an expensive PC
Also in regards to what OP said each generation has less worthwhile exclusives so the one strength of consoles matters less and less
>>
>>387670635
Once you experience PC you'll feel like a child on a console. Every single thing about them is inferior, without question, without exaggeration
>>
>>387669724
And yet despite this there are people who unironically hate the very idea of exclusives. If not for exclusives then consoles would be 100% pointless. And if consoles went away then everyone would be shoved onto one platform which would cause a whole host of new problems. I don't want to live in a world where Steam (and a few much smaller "competitors") has total control over the industry.
>>
File: 1497749831696.gif (577KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497749831696.gif
577KB, 540x540px
>>387671290
Oh yeah, because having good guys like Sony and Microsoft in on it is so much better. Give them a non-Steam platform like Origin and boom, suddenly your "problem" vanishes. Games for Windows Live already exists anyways.
>>
>>387671028
>consoles require replacement more often than an expensive PC

do you mean for warranty, or failure? because that's not true
if you mean for upgrades I doubt that's true either
>>
>>387670796
wrong, you can pay around $430 and get a good PC. Made a video about it 2 days ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Ur247xNK8
>>
>>387669724
Those exclusives only exist because the console company funds them. Bloodborne only exists because Sony paid for it, it literally would not be able to exist if it wasn't exclusive. You can only choose between only Sony fags getting Bloodborne, or no one getting Bloodborne.

This applies to all exclusives except for Red Dead Redemption, which is pretty much the only game I can think of that is exclusive to consoles in general without PC excluded. And that's just due to Rockstar being greedy Jews.
>>
>>387669724
GTX 1080
> $500
> Only does 1080p
> You still need to buy a PC to run it

PS4 Pro
> $400
> Can do limited 4k, 1080p easily
> Console is all you need, no extra parts like PC
>>
>>387672216
>only 1080p
A few benchmarks have shown it running games at 4k at a decent framerate. I have a 980 and can run stuff at 4k 40fps on low. PS4 users have to wait for a patch to at stuff at a dynamic resolution or have it be checkerboarded. Quit being retarded.
>>
>>387672725
1080 is literally in the name. I'm sure you can overclock it and get it to struggle through some games but it's designed for 1080p.
>>
>>387672913
Do you have brain damage?
>>
File: 1446165458674.jpg (9KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
1446165458674.jpg
9KB, 222x227px
>>387669724
>plenty of reasons to own a console
>none of them apply to the current generation
>>
>>387672913
you're like a year late for that joke senpai
>>
>>387669724
>long list of reasons

Such as?
>>
>>387673393
>PC
Free online
Cheaper games
More games
More use cases
More input devices
Multiple markets to buy digitally or physically
Ability to customize hardware, lowering or raising the cost to fit your budget
Better graphics
Mods
Emulation
Not needing to get a patch to run your modern games at whatever resolution or framerate you want.

>Console
3 or 4 exclusives a year
>>
>>387673393
emulation alone is worth the price of admission
>>
>>387673920
Thank god all worthwhile PC games are old as fuck or indie shit.
Every midrange PC from 2012 can still run everything worth playing.
>>
What kinda stupid asshole only picks one? Console for living room so it doesn't look like an autistic piece of shit with computer parts to trip over everywhere, PC in office.
>>
>>387671127
exclusives
>>
>>387669724
>reason not to own a console
>literally not one single """""""exclusive"""""" i could give a rat fuck about
seriously, i can't think of one single game that is console only that i'm even remotely interested in playing. other than muh bloodborne, what great games to consoles have that pc doesnt? hell we will even have RDR and DeS working 100% here pretty soon.
>>
Television is the first to be phased out by PC.
Vidya will naturally follow as exclusive franchises turn to PC markets or decay.

I mean you can't even assure the quality of the most beloved IPs. Look what happened to Halo. It managed 3, then it was all downhill from there.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.