[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get myself to stop quitting games, /v/? If I had a dollar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: beneath.jpg (28KB, 600x521px) Image search: [Google]
beneath.jpg
28KB, 600x521px
How do I get myself to stop quitting games, /v/?
If I had a dollar bill for every game I've started and quit before beating, I'd be a self made millionaire and I'd still have no life
>>
Why do you stop playing them?
>>
File: tfw sad.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
tfw sad.png
8KB, 509x619px
Have shit internet. Games are big and my internet is crap so I just play vidya while I wait for next game to download. I wind up completing games in time for a new game to install.
>>
>quit smoking weed
>quit drinking
>start exercising
>eat better
>face whatever demons your running from

do any of these or all of them. also quit being a fucking bitch
>>
>>387666737
I don't know. I play them for a bit then I stop and I keep telling myself I'll get back to them but I never do. Then when I decide to clean up my backlog, I just toss them into the trash and say "eh, I don't really wanna finish that one"
>>
Lets discuss nature's well kept secrets instead.
>>
>>387667318
How intelligent are birds compared to other animals?
>>
>>387667529
They already figured out levitation so i'd say a lot more, or maybe just got tired of flapping their wings for all these million years.
>>
>>387666543
Start playing good games
>>
>>387667318
is that bird caught by a spider?
>>
>>387667529
Crows and pigeons are actually pretty smart
>>
>>387668029
Nope, just plain old floating. You just dont see them doing it because they want to keep you in the dark. It's a reptilian jew conspiracy that goes to the top levels, deep government stuff. If i say more i'd have to kill everyone reading this post.
>>
>>387666543
>>387666925
>stop filling your library to avoid the too many hotdogs effect
>force yourself to at least try the game for a few minutes even if you are not feeling like it (sometimes its just laziness)
>take the occasional break so you can build up the desire to play vidya
Otherwise find another hobby because you are trying too hard to remain interested
>>
>>387667318
Bird got more swag than me.
>>
>>387667529
Crows are great, look at this mother fucker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZerUbHmuY04
>>
File: 1428523874285-3.png (283KB, 546x432px) Image search: [Google]
1428523874285-3.png
283KB, 546x432px
Just be honest with yourself about all the games you are not gonna play. We all make mistakes on sales and bundles and free games and even big games. 1/3rd of My Steam library or so is in my "not to play" category.

Just focus on the really great games that compel you to finish them. That's part of the games job.

Alternatively, you might be burned out from playing too much and need to mix in another hobby. And pirates fatigue is very really if you're prating a lot of games.
>>
>>387666543
Nothing wrong with quitting a game if you don't like it that much. I stop playing a lot of games that I don't really like. It's more of a waste of time to force yourself to finish something you don't like just because it's new to you.
>>
>>387668616
>Alternatively, you might be burned out from playing too much and need to mix in another hobby.
Could be this. I was feeling kind of sad and bored when playing games because I was forcing myself to play them. I tried to get some other hobbies, I started drawing and making music. I got really into it and spend a long time just doing that and when I started playing games again I had a lot of fun.

>And pirates fatigue is very really if you're prating a lot of games.
I've thought about this before too but I'm not sure. It could be that you're just "addicted" or using video games as an escape when there's something else you should be dealing with, then yeah being able to pirate games is going to make it worse. But being able to pirate and try out so many different games makes you more likely to not want to play mediocre games. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, though.
>>
>>387670290
Yeah piracy isn't inherently bad but if you have a 2TB harddrive of pirated games like I used to have and never played any of them like I use to do it's probably a better idea to just buy and play a couple of games
>>
>>387670501
I don't have that much but I did the same thing. Have about a dozen games that I pirated years ago and never played, never really had any intention of playing them, just pirated because I could. I've played a few games that I got cheap during a Steam sale that I really enjoyed though. I usually wait for a few games that I want to go on sale now, and in between that time I'll replay some old games or play multiplayer games instead. Works out pretty well.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.