[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Switch's success going to last? Don't get me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 14

File: nintendo switch.jpg (30KB, 554x369px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo switch.jpg
30KB, 554x369px
Is the Switch's success going to last? Don't get me wrong: I lean pretty heavily towards being a Nintendofag and even camped out for a Switch midnight release to get my system. I've been loving the Switch, but honestly, I'm kind of disturbed Nintendo's success with the system has been as explosive as it's been. From the game library to the console specs, the Switch is hardly a step up from the Wii U, which to this day gets major flak from everyone despite it being just fine. I sincerely believe the only reason people are giving a shit about it is because Nintendo is doing a 10/10 job with marketing it to millennial hipsters with all the Switch rooptop parties and Imagine Dragons songs in the commercials. Once that hype dies down, what will the system have going for it that the Wii U objectively didn't also provide?
>>
>>387645980
I don't know, it's already worth it for me, and I'll probably like Super Mario Odyssey too. I'd say we can just wait and see, and hope they don't fuck it up, but I think it's already a really solid console (even though it is quite pricey)
>>
>>387645980
>Once that hype dies down, what will the system have going for it that the Wii U objectively didn't also provide?
A successor to the 3ds/vita and sole future hope for handheld gaming, but with the added bonus of also being a home console. Additionally, it will pick up more and more support from various aa studios in japan as the vita and 3ds wind down.
>>
>>387645980
Its Wii U 1.5 with good launch titles

its on pace to beat xbone for second place in perhaps 3 more years
>>
>>387646163
This. It's not going to compete with the PS4 and XBOne, and the sooner Nintendo realizes it, the better. It should play to its strengths and leverage the handheld market. All of those little weeaboo JRPGs, visual novels, and action games are going to need a home once Sony puts the Vita to pasture.
>>
Either demand is down or supply is up, because stores around me all have stock and they have for weeks.

In fact, I just casually went down to Target to pick one up because mines on 3.0.1 and I want one to store in case CFW pops up quicker than I expected. Now I have a 2.2.0 unit in my closet that I'm just going to keep there for the time being

I'm expecting Odyssey and the holiday season to drive up demand again, but I also expect Nintendo has been building up surplus units specifically for the holiday season, so I can't help but wonder if it's already fizzling out. The diehards number in the millions if the Wii U is any indication, so I don't think there was any doubt it would at least sell that much -- but how much more will it sell? Demand seems lukewarm at best right now
>>
>>387645980
How far up your own ass do you have to be to actually believe your intulectually superior to someone else because you don't like imagine dragons or anything else for that matter
>>
>>387646585
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SChWdprUnzw
>>
>>387645980
The only way the switch will not fail is if nintendo can make really good games again not shovelware crap like the wii, and get some decent third party support. If they don't do this it will be doomed to fail and might be nintendo's last console. A price cut could help too around the holiday season and might cause a boost in sales.
>>
File: 1386002995324.jpg (99KB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
1386002995324.jpg
99KB, 344x315px
>>387646890
>woah, shii--
>>
>>387646585
I do like Imagine Dragons. I'm just saying, the Switch is basically Wii U 1.5 and considering how much of a dumpster fire the Wii U was, it's a little mind boggling how the Switch is flying off shelves
>>
As far as first party titles go, the Switch's first year is already better than the Wii U's. Having BOTH Mario and Zelda (with a little dash of Xenoblade) come out in the same year undoubtly will affect the Switch's sales for the holiday season. If Nintendo can keep the first party titles rolling and keep third party companies producing games for it, the Switch will probably do decent.
>>
>>387647360
>it's a little mind boggling how the Switch is flying off shelves
It's really not anymore outside of Japan. And the reason it still is in Japan is because their weekly shipments were 25k for like 2 fucking months. Only recently has that increased to 60-90k and it's still pitiful for a country that's guaranteed to buy 2-3 million of them at launch

Nintendo has been ultra-conservative with producing the Switch and too many people are confusing its sold out nature for being high demand instead of what it really is: criminally low supply
>>
>>387646576
>>387648341
It's sure as shit flying off the shelf in portland, I'll say that much. My only chance of getting one is on a day off and fresh stock arrives, because everything that's hit while I'm at work is fucking gone by the time I'm free. Around noon today damn near every gamestop in the city had grey switches, and sometime within the next three hours they were all gone.
>>
>>387648341
number 1 sold console in NA in July
>>
>>387647564
Nintendo's consoles usually launch with fucking nothing. 3DS was Pilotwings? Wii U NSMBU. When they have a huge turd like the GC and Wii U, they push their support to the next platform, and that's why the Switch is where it is right now

Just like TP moved to Wii, BotW moved to Switch. And Odyssey was undoubtedly a Wii U game up until very recently (consider that Switch's hardware wasn't even finalized until late last year, and yet the game was basically finished at that point). The reason Switch has such a good lineup right now is because Wii U owners were literally cucked, and it's not going to last.

People think Pokemon and MP4 are coming out next year and that's laughable. These are games they just started developing, games they have nothing to show but a guy in a suit saying "we're making it" or a poorly thrown together logo which isn't even the final design. You really think Nintendo games only take a year to make? Once they finally show us a glimpse of it, it's still a year minimum remaining at that point.

2018 looks bleak as fuck. Kirby and Yoshi, when both series have been run into the ground. I'm not looking forward to next year at all, and I may well sell my Switch after I finish Odyssey and XB2 (assuming it's not delayed)
>>
>>387648951
>it's beating 4 year old consoles! it's so popular!
>>
I think the switch is a winner, they're playing to their strengths
>>
>>387649114
>People think Pokemon and MP4 are coming out next year and that's laughable. These are games they just started developing
Metroid Prime 4 has been hinted at for years now. Pokemon is unknown, but considering Gamefreaks had been focusing on updating the game these past few years, they likely weren't out of the loop.
>>
>>387649528
>Metroid Prime 4 has been hinted at for years now
If it's been in development for years and they have NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT, I'd be even more worried than I am right now. Luckily for us both I severely doubt that's the case. Yes, Reggie is a lying conman who wore that Metroid pin and bullshit like that, but that's just to string people along. When they say "Now in development", what they mean is they just started development now.
>>
>>387649739

Do you think all 2018 games with no gameplay just started development? Because if you do, you're a dumbass. All a lack of footage means is the game is stable enough to be shown without people picking shit apart.
>>
>>387649903
>Do you think all 2018 games with no gameplay just started development?
I'm not sure what you're asking so I'll rephrase the question: Do I think the average game with nothing currently to show will be released next year? No, I don't. There will be exceptions, not every game take 2-5 years to make, and some games take even longer, but generally speaking, if we haven't seen anything, then it's not coming out in 2018
>>
there's always room for handhelds in the console market, and a lot of people like how it bridges the gap between portability and the functionality of home consoles.

I think that with the Switchs' presence Sony won't try to release another handheld, and if Nintendo will just finally stop supporting the 3DS then the Switch's success is guaranteed because it will have no competition for what it delivers
>>
>>387649206
I can't believe how much some people are denying the blatant success of the switch

just enjoy your gaming platform of choice and stop being such a retard
>>
>>387650590
I don't think it's another Wii. It just has a great first year lineup, which is usually terrible for Nintendo hardware. "I'll get it when it has games" isn't really an argument for the Switch unless you had a Wii U, so I think you just have more people jumping on board sooner rather than waiting

The reason the Wii was so successful wasn't because 100 million Nintendo diehards jumped on it. It's because people who had never played video games before in their life got on. If you look at the demographics, 51% of Wii owners were female. That alone is utterly unprecedented. Not to say diehards didn't buy a Wii, but the percentage of diehards is much smaller than the amount of people who bought a Wii. I would estimate there are 15-20 million Nintendo diehards and many of those obviously skipped the Wii U
>>
File: no more.jpg (64KB, 1023x943px) Image search: [Google]
no more.jpg
64KB, 1023x943px
>>387646890
>tfw no Gina to play vidya with
>>
>>387650150
>There will be exceptions, not every game take 2-5 years to make
Most games do.

>but generally speaking, if we haven't seen anything, then it's not coming out in 2018
Then you're in for a surprise, because a number of games have been announced for 2018, some from third parties, and none of gameplay footage.

Very common practice.
>>
>>387650590
I can't believe how much some people equate BotW being a hyped game with the Switch being successful.
>>
>>387651418
>a number of games have been announced for 2018, some from third parties, and none of gameplay footage.
You mean Switch games specifically?

You brought gameplay footage into this, I didn't. I said nothing to show, which is where MP4 and Pokemon are. That MP4 logo wasn't a trailer. It was the stock MP logo with a stylized 4 and music from the first game's intro. I'd bet tons of money on it not even being the final logo, and the only reason they made it was that they couldn't have two "yes we're making it" guys in a row because 1 was bad enough

Games like Beyond Good and Evil 2 only had a trailer to show, sure, but that's not nothing, I mean jesus that trailer alone probably had a higher budget than many Nintendo 1st party games. Plus I seriously doubt that's coming out in 2018 anyway

Name a AAA game that you think is coming out in 2018 that there's been nothing to show for it other than a name drop, so that I can laugh at you
>>
>>387645980
Does it matter if you are happy with it than why do you care I had a tg-16 the thing sold like shit but I still loved it. Can you only enjoy something if it's selling well or number 1 on the charts?
>>
>>387647360
>flying off shelves
Yea, not sure where you got your info from.
>>
>>387645980
>Once that hype dies down, what will the system have going for it that the Wii U objectively didn't also provide?

Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Prime 4 but these games are still at least two years away. Unless Nintendo pulls something out of their ass, 2018 will not be a good year for Switch owners.
>>
>>387653971
There's also Kirby and Yoshi coming in 2018. Japan at least loves that shit.
>>
>>387645980
It will continue to sell well. It hasn't even entered its first holiday season. You're also comparing the Wii U's entire library to a new system's. Wii U had absolutely nothing in its first year aside from Pikmin and Mario 3D World. You may not like the Switch's first year lineup but it's a big improvement over the Wii U because they're avoiding big software droughts.
>>
File: 217630_detail_01.jpg (24KB, 691x350px) Image search: [Google]
217630_detail_01.jpg
24KB, 691x350px
>how do you want your proâ„¢ controller senpai
>copy the xbox one, but scramble the button labels randomly
>say no more
>>
>>387652786
Not OP but I enjoy Nintendo for their simple fun, and I care about their success because I want them to keep making consoles and games years from now

>>387650918
>skipping WiiU
That's me. Even so, I think a decent amount of non-diehards will buy one. Great family console for kids
>as always, you can let Nintendo babysit without worry, very parent friendly console
>portability is great for driving kids around, road trips etc. like a portable dvd player

Also pretty casual friendly imo

That being said, I don't think it'll outsell the Wii. But it will be a success
>>
The thing is, it is quite a step up from the Wii U. Regardless of what you think of the portability gimmick, that's a major, major factor behind its appeal. You don't know how important this feature is alone. That's why people are willing to buy 3 year old ports of games they've already played. The idea that they can play this at work, school, on the bus, waiting for a doctor's appointment, etc. is a huge plus.

You may not feel the same, others here may not either. And I don't blame them if they don't. But for many others out there, this is what seals the deal.
>>
>>387654191
Honestly don't see the point, dual joycon and nothing else is so comfy
>playing Mario kart
>can scratch my head with my right hand and keep my left hand down
>keep my hands down instead of propped up holding a large controller
>have a qt gf in the works
>can have my arm around her and not awkwardly hold one controller with both hands

Maximum comfy
>>
>>387652057

Fire Emblem Warriors was announced 7 months ago, with nothing more than a logo and some music, it's slated to release Fall 2017.

It's possible Metroid Prime 4 just isn't ready to be shown yet
>>
A system with Pokemon atleast minimum 70 million. 3ds will do it for sure

It should do fine
>>
>>387655648
MP4 and Pokemon were listed as TBD on Nintendo's latest fiscal report, where games like Kirby and Yoshi had a 2018 instead

I will acknowledge the possibility of a 2018 release, in the same way I will acknowledge the possibility that I will spontaneously combust 2 seconds after posting this. It's just not going to happen, and you're doing nothing but setting yourself up for disappointment thinking it will, assuming you're not a shill who is deliberately trying to fool people into believing something that isn't true

And FEW is a different situation. First of all another musou reskin isn't on the level of Metroid Prime development wise. And there was a blackout period where Nintendo didn't want anyone talking about the Switch or its games (like SE got into trouble for mentioning DQ11). We're way past that so it isn't an excuse for why there was nothing to show for MP4/Pokemon
>>
>>387652057
>You mean Switch games specifically?
Switch and non-Switch.

>Games like Beyond Good and Evil 2 only had a trailer to show, sure, but that's not nothing
Except it is, especially when devs have nothing to do with trailers. A lot of that shit gets outsourced to animation studios that only do cinematics. All you're really saying is that Nintendo was too cheap to pay someone to disguise the fact that they didn't want to show their games yet, and that's true.

>Name a AAA game that you think is coming out in 2018 that there's been nothing to show for it other than a name drop, so that I can laugh at you
Not 2018, but the newest CoD didn't show anything until a few months ago. Same for Destiny 2. Battlefield 1 in 2016. Stretching a little bit, but Resident Evil 7 was announced in Jun 2016 and released in January.

Running theme, companies are consistently showing off their games months before release.
>>
>>387649739
I've read that Prime 4 development is actually fairly fair along and that the team only narrowly missed having a gameplay teaser ready for E3.
>>
>>387656369
>Running theme, companies are consistently showing off their games months before release.
Fallout 4 hype made lots of companies reevaluate the "12 month PR cycle" that dominated last gen. Showing a game and saying "You can play this in 6 months" does a lot more than drip-feeding tidbits over a year.
>>
>>387656547
I read Pikmin 4 was almost done 3 years ago
>>
>>387645980
Christmas is going to be fucking crazy for parents and anons going on a switch spree, ps4 has nothing, xbox has the xonex but, come on, everyone is gonna get the cheaper and cooler switch with a great lineup of botw, mk8, splat tim 2, pokken tournament dx, super mario oddesy, arms and maybe monster hunter or skyrim, but whatever, switch is already getting good sales, holidays will ignite that shit, maybe not PS2 or Wii kind of lit, but lit
>>
File: 1.png (2MB, 1277x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2MB, 1277x1357px
>>387656547
>>
>>387656804
>>387657581
I wasn't trying to claim Prime 4 will be out anytime soon, only that there is apparently a lot more than a logo that's already been developed for the game.
>>
>>387656804

Pikmin is Miyamoto's baby. If he decides to change shit, then anything can happen.
>>
>>387657086
Ps4 doesn't need to do anything other than dropping price to 199 again with horizon like they did uncharted bundles last year did with uncharted

Also gran tusimo is releasing

It will win easily except japan
>>
>>387645980

> Smash Bros
> Pokemon
> Splatoon
> Big name 3D Mario Game

all on the same system. Calm down Anon, it's going to be fine. The Switch's specs is fine for the amount of developer support it has and how scalable engines are.
>>
It will last, no doubt.

I have two normie friends who would never be seen with a 3ds or 'toy' who bought a Switch because they
-thought it looked cool
-heard zelda was like skyrim
-heard that fifa was coming to it and want to play that on the go

So normies are responding, and Mario and Pokemon are coming. Nintendo has never had a failed handheld, which is ultimately what this is. And the early success in Japan means that all the mid-tier devs there who were on Vita will come over, so it'll get all the weeb games in a year or two.

It'll be a huge success, 60-90 mil sold I reckon, more if they produce some kind of handheld only switch mini at some point.
>>
>>387645980
In the public eye, this is the first new "Nintendo" since the Wii and the DS. Of course it will continue to sell well.
>>
File: 1341219415878.jpg (90KB, 299x275px) Image search: [Google]
1341219415878.jpg
90KB, 299x275px
>>387654191
>scramble the button labels randomly
>>
>>387658643
>It'll be a huge success, 60-90 mil sold I reckon
The DS and Wii sold 255 million combined. How is a device that combines Nintendo's home and handheld platforms selling 60-90 million a huge success? It sounds like a monumental failure. 60 million wouldn't even beat the 3DS and the 3DS will become Nintendo's worst selling handheld to date.
>>
>>387659323
>potentially 90 mil units is a failure
Fucking what? How much should it sell to be successful?
>>
>>387659570
Wii u and 3ds combined is 84 million. Of switch replacing both than it should do more. Since Wii u was failure and 3ds underperformed for handheld
>>
>>387659570
It's a consolidation of their 2 markets. Shouldn't it sell at least as well as them combined? The 3DS and Wii U are Nintendo's worst selling handheld and home console (respectively), yet together they still managed 80 million. 60 million would be a 20% decrease, but that is the general trend for Nintendo
>>
>>387649206
People keep saying this, but PS4 is at peak sales in the US this year. When you look at console sales, they normally sell more slowly in the first year and peak three to four years in, so it's really harder for a four-month-old console to outsell a three and a half-year-old one. If you compare with how PS4 and Xbox One sold in their first July instead, Switch outsold them by even more.
>>
>>387660618
Switch launched with games. PS4 had no games. It's not just a meme, it's literally true

Switch will have high initial demand, but the same drones will buy it as did the Wii U. It's already dropped rapidly, the scalping market has tanked
>>
>>387659323
>The DS and Wii sold 255 million combined. How is a device that combines Nintendo's home and handheld platforms selling 60-90 million a huge success?
1. A lot of that 255 million is shared, as in people owned both. People aren't going to own 2 Switches unless one breaks.

2. That market is gone. You can judge the Switch by those standards. Example. Brain Age was one of the best selling consoles software during that time. When Nintendo tried it again with the 3DS, it barely sold. Why? Because similar software exists everywhere now.
>>
>>387660793
>People aren't going to own 2 Switches unless one breaks.
I think you underestimate the lack discipline Nintendofags suffer from.
>>
>>387660726
What data is there to say that Switch is dropping rapidly? Its sales have been increasing over the past few months. The scalper market's weakening because the supply situation is getting better. Nobody's going to go and pay scalper prices if they can find it at retail price. That's a good thing.
>>
>>387660964
People aren't going to own two switches, any more than people owned two DSs or two Wiis
>>
>>387660964
>I think you underestimate the lack discipline Nintendofags suffer from.
Except the other fanbase are better conditioned to buy multiple consoles due to shoddy durability (PS2 & Xbox 360). I mean think about how many times people had to rebuy those things.
>>
>>387648951
By less than 1000 units. Still 6.5 million behind the PS4 this year alone.
>>
>>387648778
Beaverton here, I don't know where this guy is that switches have been sitting on shelves in stock for weeks, but it sure as shit ain't here.
I only got mine recently because gamestop selling them in bundles with a game and other merch killing the profitability of scalping them back off, and those are selling out online too, just not instantly to scalpers.
>>
>>387661152
>the supply situation is getting better
Much better. To the extent that I question if demand hasn't dropped. August will be the first month where we can't blame supply constraints for what the numbers are. That's a good thing, because there finally won't be any excuses for why they're low
>>
>>387645980

games
no really, thats it

it will be nintendo's only console for the moment so it will be getting all their games, no secondary system to support and cannibalize sales
>>
>>387661547
>August will be the first month where we can't blame supply constraints for what the numbers are.
Depends on the region. Like Japan and Western US are still getting crushed. And that's before the Splatoon bundle starts popping up.
>>
>>387661353
Other fanbases will buy a second version to replace a damaged one. Nintendo fans will buy a second one to "support Nintendo" and "have a backup." Seriously, go look at the comments section of Nintendo fan sites.
>I can't wait until more are in stock I don't want to take my home Switch on the train
>This console deserves to succeed I think I'll buy another one so I can MP with friends when they come over
etc. etc.
>>
>>387661547
>Much better. To the extent that I question if demand hasn't dropped.
They're probably ramping up production of switch systems to 11.9 for the holiday seasons.
It sounds weird to say that in the dead middle of summer, but christmas is only about four months away.

And even then it's still selling out in most places right now.
>>
>>387662005
>"have a backup."
That's just piratefags. They don't count.
>>
>>387662053
>It sounds weird to say that in the dead middle of summer, but christmas is only about four months away.
Only if you have never worked retail. Stores are starting to get their holiday shit now.
>>
>>387662005

That's a whole lot of made up bullshit you slinging there Anon.
>>
>>387661367
Leaked numbers say it was by 5,000 units. If you compare Switch's sales this July to PS4 or Xbox sales in July of any year prior, they're still higher, so you can't really spin it by pointing out that PS4 and Xbox are however many years old. Switch had the highest July sales of any console in this generation so far.

If you're talking about US numbers for this year, PS4's totaling 1,997,000 so far, and Switch is totaling 1,794,000, putting PS4 about 203,000 ahead. That's counting in two months PS4 had to sell before Switch launched. That's a gap that could close in time depending on how the rest of the year goes.
>>
>>387661904
>And that's before the Splatoon bundle starts popping up.
It was available for pre-order for 21 hours. Amazon had stock of grays the very same day for 9 hours

Stores around me all have stock at this very moment. I realize this is anecdotal but whatever. The supply/demand situation is totally different right now than it was a few months ago. Whether that's because demand has dropped or supply has increased dramatically, who really knows. A combination of both is the most sensible answer
>>
>>387662475
>this fucking delusion
Age of PS4 and Xbone is totally relevant to this discussion. They were moving more units when they were 5 months old than they are now. Also having the highest July sales doesn't matter for shit when you launched in May and the others launched in November. You're not comparing apples to oranges here, you're comparing apples to screwdrivers because screwdrivers make apples look tasty.
>>
>>387662539

Congrats, you clearly don't live in the listed regions.
>>
>>387662762
PS4's US monthly sales were 199,000 when it was 5 months old. Xbox One's were 115,000. PS4 sells more than it did then. Xbox One sells a little less. Both still lower than Switch's 222,000 in July.
>>
>>387663030
I imagine you got your Switch at launch, so have you actually checked stores lately? And by check I mean ask if they have any Switches. Best Buy actually doesn't stock theirs on the shelves. They keep them behind the counter at customer service.
>>
>>387661486
I've been looking at those but it's such a scam, christ. I'd even take $380 for zelda and the season pass, but $420? An extra $40 for some shitty skin/decal and a game literally fucking no one has even heard of? Somehow the other bundles are even worse.

My only hope is amazon getting another shipment or something. Is just the console and a game so much to ask?
>>
>>387663787
>I imagine you got your Switch at launch
Months after.

>have you actually checked stores lately?
I work in retail, so yes. I'm telling you, its a regional thing. Some regions are getting crushed while others have some in stock for now. Like I had to get mine off of Amazon Prime Now where it popped for a 2 hour window. I can check right now and they have zero.
>>
>>387662539
Just within the past week, retailers have started getting restocks on the Switch.
>>
>>387664284
>I can check right now and they have zero.
Online retail is always the last place to get consistent stock, because they're the easiest scalping target. Don't even need to be at the computer, they have bots that buy them. Regardless, that's another reason. Amazon's stock was up for a *long time* just the other day, and Nintendo and Amazon don't have a great relationship, so you know Amazon isn't getting that many units compared to the other ones

Some places are bound to be understocked but it seems the exception rather than the rule
>>
>>387664606
>Some places are bound to be understocked but it seems the exception rather than the rule
Sales data says otherwise.
>>
>>387664916
Huh?
>>
>>387664059
Well mine was 400$ and came with splatoon 2, a carrying case (cant say I care too much, but it is a portable system and I wouldn't want to just dump it in my bag so its not a wasted 20$) and an improved comfort grip with better contours and rubber grips on the bottom of the handles.

the official nintendo splatoon 2 bundle coming is pretty much the same thing just without the better comfort grip and no decals on the case and grip.

I feel I came out on top.
>>
>>387661486
Tigard here. Hey tron-anon :3
>>
>>387665891
The current gamestop bundles all just have something thrown in to drive up the cost, right now. There is a splat2n bundle and it also comes with MK8, which is nice, but it's $464 because not only does it include the splatoon carrying case, but also two racing wheels for MK8. I don't want the carrying case or the wheels, certainly not for an extra $44.

For comparison, I got my ps4, which came with a game, for $300 flat. I'm already getting fucked here, nintendo, it doesn't need to get even worse. Though I guess it does, because if they released a $300 with a game bundle they'd lose out pretty hard since there aren't that many as it is.
>>
>buttblasted autists still clinging to the hope switch will fail
keep reaching for that rainbow
>>
>>387666875
The bundles are really to compete with scalpers. Scalpers sell for around the same price and all you get is the console. They figure people will pay the same price to get the console and some things, because things are better than no-things

Considering scalping prices are dropping below where you can make any profit, I think it's pretty much over though
>>
>>387667009
When it only hits 45 million you'll say "that's still respectable" even though it will lead to Nintendo's inevitable exit of the hardware business in the next 2-3 generations. What's worse is that it was only accomplished by completely screwing over Wii U owners. That's not something they can do again with the Switch 2
>>
>>387646585
Just take a listen to this monstrosity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFhcZ7hIvB8
>>
File: 1423836209471.jpg (7KB, 232x259px) Image search: [Google]
1423836209471.jpg
7KB, 232x259px
>>387667182
>Nintendo's inevitable exit of the hardware business
>>
>>387667449
>covering Tom Sawyer
When will the "Rush is good" meme die?
>>
>>387667483
At the end of the day, all they're doing is making more expensive, less capable smart phones, and it's not even their primary source of profit. Push will come to shove and they will eventually be making games primarily on devices that they do not produce. I'm not saying it'll be the PS4. I'm not even saying it'll be the PS5 or the PS6. Hell, Sony itself might bow out of console manufacturing before Nintendo does. But it's going to happen, as sure as you're going to one day die
>>
>>387667917
There are smartphones that are more gaming-capable than the Switch, but less expensive? Where do I find them?
>>
>>387668401
Don't put words into my mouth, mongoloid. I said more capable. The amount of things you can do with a smart phone is almost limitless. All you can do with a dedicated video game device is play video games, and Nintendo has actually gone out of its way to make this problem 100 times worse. Switch may not be a phone, but that doesn't mean it can't be a standard tablet and do all the things that one can do. Only they're so terrified of piracy that they've removed all but the most vital features. You can't even save your game on the fucking cart anymore.

The deep irony is despite their best efforts to gimp the device, it's still been hacked wide open and anyone with enough patience to wait on FW 3.0.0 or below is guaranteed to have a fully functional CFW one day

But I digress. While phones might not yet be at the level of the Switch, they will be soon, and diminishing returns is approached much more quickly on devices with such small screens, where few people will be able to notice the difference between 720p and a resolution 4x that

Portability is their ace in the hole and they're being completely outstaged by not Sega, Sony or MS, but Apple and Google
>>
>>387668909
It's a dedicated gaming device. Playing games is all it really needs to be able to do, and it's the best at doing what it does at its price point. Why try and make a product that tries to do what Apple and Google are already doing better when they could make a product that focuses on what they're best at, something that you don't get with Apple and Google's devices?
>>
>>387669713
>Why try and make a product that tries to do what Apple and Google are already doing better when they could make a product that focuses on what they're best at
Because "dedicated ~~~~ device" is not a product line that lasts. It's doomed to obsolescence. And what Nintendo's best at is making games.
>>
>the gravy is terrible
>the way you play is atrocity
Why do people like the switch again?
>>
>>387670028
Nintendo owns all their good childhood memories.
>>
>>387654032
Every one everywhere loves Kirby. It's one of the best selling Nintendo franchises. And by the looks of it Kirby Switch is going to be the best Kirby game since a long time.
>>
File: 1d5.gif (558KB, 367x265px) Image search: [Google]
1d5.gif
558KB, 367x265px
I don't know, but I'm already super impressed with MHW. Makes the Switch game look like child's play.
>>
File: 1467295875804.png (197KB, 450x471px) Image search: [Google]
1467295875804.png
197KB, 450x471px
Switch is fully playable on PC, so I don't think there is much of a "success" here.
>>
>>387658426
>GT being a best seller
Normalfags don't give a shit about GT since the PS2 days.
>>
File: 1503118975373m.jpg (49KB, 1024x673px) Image search: [Google]
1503118975373m.jpg
49KB, 1024x673px
>>387655160
The moment I popped them off the doggo controller was the moment I learned the true meaning of comfy you people have been ranting about for years
>>
>>387670947
my dad loved gt. he barely knew video games but he was a sucker for cars and graphixx
>>
>>387647331
>double yoshi exploshi
>>
>>387645980
yes unless sony or microsoft makes a switch like console it will sell since nintendo has a monopoly on the handheld market and gaining ground on the console one
>>
>>387645980

>going to last

If Nintendo keeps tjer current schedule of games each month and a half then they will

The Wii U had a huge load from Late 2013-2014 and that's it, only 2 notable games each year after and the dead
>>
>Is it going to last

Same way PS4 did, the momentum needs to keep going

Japanese third parties are already on board and slowly putting games that are selling, the fact that USF2 sold well is telling regardless of the shitposting

Keep it up and it'll be fine, not like the Wii U where it had MULTIPLE Fuck ups, people Atleast know what the Fuck the Switch is
>>
File: IMG_1220.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1220.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>387653158

Being on second place doesn't mean it isn't selling anon

The Fucking switch doesn't HAVE to surpass PS4 to prove it's Fucking selling

Stop having this Fucking mentality
>>
>>387669995
As long as devices that do everything keep evolving, devices optimized to be the best at one thing will keep growing with them. They can coexist as long as people see a difference between them. Right now, the difference between the game market on mobile and on Switch is very clear. Nintendo, right now, is very conscious of mobile in their plans for maintaining a future for development of gaming hardware.
>>
>it's still selling out
>sony shills are shitting their pants
>sony shills are still seething that they don't have zelda pokemon or mario on the ps4, and have to partake in garbage like "horizon : we tried to be the witcher"
>sony shills are still reeling over "Legend of Zelda : Sony BTFO " after 0 bombing it like sony called for jihad on metacritic

I'm overall happy with the asspain it's caused and how BOTW taught ubisoft how to do a fucking tower game right
>>
>>387670852

>botw is locked at 30fps and just died emulationwise after 3.01

bait harder
>>
File: download (12).png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
download (12).png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>387646890
>tfw friendzoned
>>
>>387673336
>how BOTW taught ubisoft how to do a fucking tower game right
Make the writing shittily generic cutesy weeb trash and release it on a cellphone so you have an excuse for bad graphics?
>>
>>387673848

>bait, the generation

garbage by ubisoft is all you eat i guess
>>
I think the normie boom interest is already suffering.

I haven't seen any of them say a thing about this since June.
>>
>>387673336
>still seething because PS4 is the best selling console of all time and switch is a flop
>>
>>387674098
Yeah, and you eat it ten years late when Nintendo shits it out.

>>387674152
Normies like two things Nintendo: Mario and Breath of the Wild. Unless they bring out a BotW tier experience or a Mario game every 3 months the company is going to decline.
>>
>>387646890
God damn, literally nothing with this console went right. How the hell did nintendo fuck up so bad?
>>
File: dafuq.jpg (21KB, 282x246px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.jpg
21KB, 282x246px
>>387646585
Why the fuck do these commercials keep referring to Wii U as an "upgrade"
It's like they wanted normies to get confused and think it was an add-on
>>
>>387674497
>How the hell did nintendo fuck up so bad?
They thought the Wii was a massive success due to their genius and not through a happy accident that made it hit the market at the perfect time with a normie-bait gimmick that saw millions of Wiis sold and never used after the first week.
>>
In Japan absolutely.
The Switch has no competition for the niche it is aiming for in Japan, and 3DS sales have suffered since it came out. 20-40 million units sold lifetime in Japan alone is the range that can be pretty easily predicted, especially with a revision at some point.
In the US, success probably will last. Handhelds are also popular in the US, Nintendo's marketing has been great, and there's a lot of must have titles coming (not to mention BOTW which is already here, which may as well be exclusive since the Wii U is dead). I expect 30-40 million lifetime sales in NA.
Europe is a different beast so it's hard to tell. Handhelds have never done well there, so it's hard to hit the right now. Anywhere from 10-30 million lifetime in Europe.

60 million - 110 million lifetime worldwide by the time it is discontinued.
>>
>>387674182
So what sold best in the US in July again?
I missed the NPD results.
>>
>>387654191
>scramble the button labels
This is how I know you're underage or started 6th gen / later.
>>
>>387674778
>new standard emerges
>refuse to adapt
This is why people ridicule Americans for using the Imperial system.
>>
>>387674906
>new standard
Nintendo has literally been using the same order of ABXY since the SNES you 16 year old baby
>>
>>387674934
And yet nobody making generic controllers uses that layout because it's fucking dumb.
>>
>>387675134
Who cares
DS sold more than Xbox
Wii sold more than Xbox 360
3DS sold more than Xbone.

MS wishes they were the standard. They're really just the standard for shit
>>
>>387675236
>DS sold more than Xbox
>Wii sold more than Xbox 360
>3DS sold more than Xbone.
Nice, you have to ignore the Gamecube flop to make the numbers look good for Nintendies.
>>
>>387675487
Yea, the gamecube sold about even with the original xbox.
How's it feel xbitch? Knowing how irrelevant you are? Got any exclusives coming out ever again?
>>
>>387674660
3DS has still been doing pretty well in Japan. The launch of Dragon Quest and the New 2DS XL have pulled in a lot of new buyers. Switch is definitely on the road to success there though, that much is clear.

The DS did pretty well in Europe, didn't it? Nintendo's data says 61.1 million for the "Other" region, which is largely Europe. That's even more than America. As of the end of June, the split was 1.12/1.95/1.63 in millions for Japan/America/Other, which seems like a pretty good sign for Europe so far. That split could change a lot by the next report, though.
>>
>>387675538
>the drone thinks everyone who dislikes Nintendo's shitty control layout is an Xboner
And this is why you will never be taken seriously as a man.
>>
>>387675630
It's the original layout you tard.
MS literally only used a different layout because Nintendo has it under copyright. How is that hard to understand?
>>
>>387675697
And the original automobiles had to be started with a hand crank at the front bumper, do you want to go backwards to that too?

Fucking children, I swear. Coming first does not make something better.
>>
>>387675790
Kid, I get that you're 16 and just a little baby, but that's no reason to spread your bad taste.
>>
>>387675790
>Coming first does not make something better
Yea, this is something an underage would say.
>>
>>387675850
>>387675930
Probably older than both of you combined, I just grew out of Nintendo at the appropriate age. Which I suspect you are yet to reach, so I guess I can't really blame you for being awful.
>>
>>387676005
Considering I'm 23, unless he's -7 years old you're not older than us combined kiddo
>>
I'll never understand how these baitthreads keep getting replies. You'd think people would recognise the same stale bait by now.

Then again, most of it is probably a bunch of samefags.
>>
>>387676005
>I grew out of X says the teenager confidently as he listens to lincoln park and reads harry potter
Does baby waby want his bottle wottle?
>>
>>387676046
Yeah, 23 years old and still crusading for Nintendo... You're a fucking disgrace as a man and your father probably regrets not drowning you "accidentally" in the bathtub as a baby.
>>
>>387676147
Well I was raised right enough to not be an edgelord who probably saves thousands of wojaks on his computer at the age of 16. Has your dad killed himself yet at disappointment for his edgy teenager?

Time to put down the communist manifesto and grow up, kid
>>
>>387672157
Microsoft isn't making anything any time soon. And Sony would be retarded to do anything that might hinder their PS4 sales.
>>
>>387676147
Ahhhh wook at the wittle baby!
>>
>>387676147
>You're a fucking disgrace as a man
Bud were all posting on this stupid fucking website website its very hard to take people calling others pathetic here.
Also
>still playing or discussing video games or as an adult
Yeah real man you are pal.
>>
>>387674261
>the company is going to decline
>when the company sits at valuation above every other gaming company that's not Microsoft.
>>
>>387676284
>>387676338
The more you try to insult somebody by calling them a kid the more apparent it is that you're still in middle school.
>>
>>387676089
People just like to talk about the Switch. Most people probably don't care whether it starts with bait or not. There are always people wanting to talk about how it's going to succeed or how it's not going to succeed.
>>
>>387676449
Hmmm
Really makes me think
>>387675790
>fucking children
>>387676005
>Probably older than both of you combined

So is that you admitting you haven't even entered High School?
>>
>>387675610
The DS was a success everywhere. Even in South Africa, Northern African countries and Latin America. The ease of piracy and the low price helped it gather so much sales.
>>
File: joy-cons_7rp5[1].jpg (24KB, 740x588px) Image search: [Google]
joy-cons_7rp5[1].jpg
24KB, 740x588px
Don't mind me I'm just being the most comfortable controllers ever made
>>
>>387676623
You used the wrong picture.
>>
>>387676712
>Has never held them while lying in bed
>>
>>387676712
I agree. He forgot to turn the joycon sideways.
>>
>>387676712
>>387676779

nah you wrong, nigga. Separating them enables for the most comfortable position.
>>
>>387676752
>>387676779
Guys, I like the Switch too but pretending those things are any substitute for a pro controller is shitty memeing.
>>
>>387676862
The pro controller is great too.
I wish the dpad was not complete dogshit tho.
>>
>>387676943
Once I got over my aversion to 2D platforming with a stick I largely disregard dpads.
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.