[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So uh should I do palaces ASAP or wait until the last possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

File: persona 5.jpg (128KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
persona 5.jpg
128KB, 800x800px
So uh should I do palaces ASAP or wait until the last possible moment?

I check the global stats and a lot of faggots do the palace like at the 1st or 2nd day, so I feel like I'm missing something. But at the same time im afraid to do it ASAP and that i'll lose all the time to level up all the other shit.

Also, globals say people are average 2 levels higher than I am, which is also scaring me, am I getting underleveled?
>>
>>387639834
>worrying about what other people are doing instead of just playing the game
Found your problem. Turn off connectivity and just play it.
>>
It doesn't really matter, I prefer to get them out of the way. The main thing is that every day you go to the palace you 'waste' a day, so you want to spend as few as days possible doing it, so try to get as far as you can each time you go. Even playing casually you should be able to beat most of them in 2-3 trips. Some people do 1 if they are being autistic about it.
>>
Do palaces ASAP and then fuck around.
That is what i did. also, fuck the global, take your time
>>
Palaces can be done whenever but you should probably do them quickly if you want to try for full confidantes. I believer that roughly a week or so before your deadline you will no longer be able to hang out with confidantes and they'll start bugging you to finish the palace/send the calling card.

If you don't care about getting max confidantes in your first playthrough (you shouldn't) just do whatever and enjoy the ride. I personally think first runs of Persona 3/4/5 should be done as if you were actually inserting as the MC.
>>
>all of a sudden final dungeon catapults in difficulty, enemies suddenly have fucktons of health and few opportunities to save

god damn atlus

>>387639957
It's ok, once he has best girl (kawakami), this becomes less of an issue
>>
>>387639957
But the faster you get it done the faster you can hang out with your friends and etc
why waste 2-4 days on one palaces??
>>
>>387639834
always did them asap so ill spend rest of days dating cakes with no worries
>btw
when we waited for futaba to wake up
is it scripted to happen in the last day?
cuz that was the only time i didnt do the palace asap
and the bitch was sleeping for like 8 days and woke up at the deadline
>>
File: 1493047010451.png (34KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1493047010451.png
34KB, 240x240px
>>387639834
TAKE YOUR TIME
>>
>>387639943
>>387639957
>>387640009

I guess I should have rephrased my question:

If I clear a palace, does time fast forwards itself immediately to after the deadline? Or if I clear it, the day ends and Im given free rein until the "deadline"?

Sorry, the thing is, I've always heard that SMT (saga in general, not just mainline) games are unforgiven as fuck in the smallest of aspects, so I dont wanna get permafucked since the beginning
>>
>>387640246
You clear it and you're given all the time you have left to finish the palace to do other things.

I finish off the palace as soon as possible and then spend 10 days building social links.
>>
>>387640246
Nope, you spend the rest of the time after finishing a palace waiting until the deadline. This is all free time for you.
>>
>>387640246
After finishing a palace you still have your time until the deadline.
>>
>>387640246
Nah, you're good. Follow the loading screen and TAKE YOUR TIME.
>>
>>387640224
scripted
>>
>>387640224
Yeah, its scripted that way. I did her dungeon almost immediately and they were like "she sometimes sleeps for a few days when she's tired" and then didn't wake up for an entire month. No one batted an eye...
>>
>>387639834
Doesn't really matter, but make sure not to leave them for the final day cause some palaces have progression blockers that only become open the day after you found it.
The level average is probably because people do the palaces in 1 or 2 days and get to the intended level at different points in time, like, if most people start the palace lv 30 and end it lv 38, it will probably show up as 34 or something
3days after the palace becomes available because a noticeable amount of people did it in the first few days but many other people didn't.
>>
>>387640197
Thats persona 4 not persona 5, you can still hang out with them before the palaces, as long as there is more than one week remaining for the deadline.
>>
>>387640224
In P5 especially, the story basically freezes until you reach the deadline. Spare a thought for the players who cleared Futaba's Palace ASAP, and had to wait three or four weeks for her to wake up.

>>387640246
Like other anons said, you can spend your time after clearing a Palace doing whatever. P4 'skipped ahead' when you cleared one of the later dungeons early, but that never happens in P5.
>>
>>387640613
My life after i lost my job
>>
>>387639834
Finished the game last night and one thing i remember thinking to myself was that i had fuck all to do anytime i did palaces early. At end game i found myself waking up and going straight back to sleep just to continue the plot quicker. But if you think you can keep yourself busy for 15+ days then by all means to them early.
>>
>>387639834
Also, don't worry about average level too much. Players on Safe difficulty (EXP x 3), or on NG+ who powergrind on the Reaper, push the average up well beyond what the game is designed for.
As a general rule, as long as you're the same level as the big boss at the end of a Palace, you're at the 'right' level. For example, the first Palace boss is Lv11, and the very last boss is only Lv75.
>>
>>387639834
Try to do it as late as possible and finish it in one day, so you can do social links which will help you with persona fusions anyway.
>>
>>387640913
If you're on a first playthrough, did you not have a bunch of confidants still available? Unless you just skipped ones you didn't like, or couldn't start/finish due to stat gates.
>>
>>387639834
>Also, globals say people are average 2 levels higher than I am, which is also scaring me, am I getting underleveled?
I was the same way. I got through it fine. Don't worry.
>>
>>387641084
Yeah was my first run and currently on new game plus, only maxed out confidants i liked but working on the rest now. Also this was my first actual rpg game so i like to thank all of you for introducing me to it, it was great!
>>
>>387641562
Ah, that's cool. Glad you enjoyed it.
On NG+, buy Protein from one of the shops in Shibuya, then work out using the chair in your room if you have nothing to do.
>>
>>387641816
Awesome, thanks!
>>
Once you reach shido, is it the end of building up on your friend and shit?
>>
>>387642293
No, you have another week or so afterwards.
Though you might want to spend some time in mementos during that week.
>>
File: IMG_0334.png (37KB, 402x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0334.png
37KB, 402x436px
>>387640663
>Futaba goes comatose for three fucking weeks
That was some funny ass shit
>>
>>387642536
alright, thanks.
>>
File: 60354079_p0.jpg (451KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
60354079_p0.jpg
451KB, 707x1000px
>>387639834
Do the doctor social link and buy the SP adhesives, you'll be able to clear any dungeon, even the late game ones, in one day.
Also the average lvl number is bugged or weirdly smoothed, one day I was 5 levels above, and the next I was 5 behind. I think it must take NG+ levels into play, which makes it pretty useless as a guide, if you match it you'll always be way overpowered.
>>
File: 1501883945120.png (235KB, 419x398px) Image search: [Google]
1501883945120.png
235KB, 419x398px
I hate the Persona games because of their tendency to throw shit at you without any warning. Whether it's enemies or events, you're never going to know what's about to happen until it happens, and at that point it basically comes down to luck whether you're ready or not.

As a recent example of what I mean, I remember going through the first palace in P5 and taking my first break right before the treasure room and going back to buy items and shit, thinking it's going to be a boss fight. So when I came back and went through the room, there were no fights and it just sent me right back out because I needed the calling card. There's also that chunk of time spent autopiloting you before the first exam, tricking you into thinking that you have a lot more time to prepare than you actually do. It's pretty fucking annoying and badly designed.
>>
File: Rivals2.png (723KB, 1024x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Rivals2.png
723KB, 1024x1002px
>>387643001
>Spends all time with the doctor
>she askes why i come to see her
>Doesn't say i love her
>Mfw using her for her SP items
Using women never felt so weird
>>
What is this Futaba stuff about? I'm at the stage where I can send the calling card, but I did leave it very late in the day to complete. Does the game skip or something?
>>
>>387643225
You're wrong for insulting best girl like that
>>
>>387643319
She sleeps longer that snow white
>>
>>387643029
>There's also that chunk of time spent autopiloting you before the first exam, tricking you into thinking that you have a lot more time to prepare than you actually do. It's pretty fucking annoying and badly designed.
Have you not played the other games? Cause I'd expect someone who did to know that leveling up the social stats is slow as fuck and should always be taken into consideration when deciding how to spend your time.
>>
>>387643508
But you can do all your social stuff/mementos still right? Just like waiting for Kamoshida to confess or something.
>>
>>387643029
>I remember going through the first palace in P5 and taking my first break right before the treasure room and going back to buy items and shit, thinking it's going to be a boss fight. So when I came back and went through the room, there were no fights and it just sent me right back out because I needed the calling card.
Are you Ryuji? They told you that you will need to send the calling card to progress, the explanation couldn't have been any clearer.

>>387643319
No time skip, she just falls into a coma until the last day.
>>
>>387643634
Yep
>>
File: 406.png (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
406.png
9KB, 500x500px
>>387643029
I guess, you never saw it coming huh?
>>
>>387643672
>Are you Ryuji? They told you that you will need to send the calling card to progress, the explanation couldn't have been any clearer.
Not until you reach the treasure room. The first ever mention of a calling card happens there.
>>
The SP thing makes me feel so much better doing a Palace in one day.

Mementos are still shit though, are the targets somewhat story based, I never have more than 2 at a time.
>>
>>387643553
There is a deceptively large amount of time spent on mandatory storyshit after you beat the first Palace and before the first exam. The game just drags you around, it barely lets you do anything with your free time, and it doesn't warn you about it beforehand.
>>
Any reason to not finish up with Shido's palace right away? Little cautious after putting up with Adachi's shit.

>>387643884
Guess I read it wrong, but you can consult your party in safe rooms and they'll give you an idea of how far you're in if not outright tell you.
>>
>>387644318
You can do it all in one day. Just make sure you have plenty of SP
>>
File: When You finish her Palace fast.png (303KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
When You finish her Palace fast.png
303KB, 560x420px
She never woke up, guys
>>
>>387639834
It makes no difference. Even if you fuck up and can't max out all the S.links, you can still get the "true" ending.
>>
>>387644492
"true" ending???
>>
>>387644603
At one point in the story near the end you'll be offered a deal, if you refuse it, you get the true ending, if you accept, you get the "good" ending.
>>
File: 1472092606323.jpg (29KB, 305x222px) Image search: [Google]
1472092606323.jpg
29KB, 305x222px
>>387639834
Doesn't really matter but it's best to do them as quickly as possible (2 days for most) so that you have the rest of the time for social links
>>
>>387644813
so there are multiple endings? is there a bad one too?
>>
>>387644978
Not really, but if you fuck up they show game over cutscenes
>>
>>387645040
That sucks. would have been nice to do a bad ending
>>
>>387644978
Kind of, when you catch up to Sae's interrogation if you fuck up the choices you can game over.
>>
>>387644813
I don't get how accepting the deal is considered a good ending. It was obviously a pretty shitty choice.
>>
>>387645146
Played this game 4 times and this has never happen to me
>>
>>387645239
It's a shit deal but it's arguably better for the characters, maybe. They get to keep their powers and continue as the PT, but they're just little bitches carrying out Yaldy's plans

>>387645465
Sell out your team mates.
>>
>>387645557
oh shit
>>
>>387643938
Mementos targets can be earned in 3 ways:
1. Over time.
2. Level up Moon social link.
3. Level up other non-party social links. All of them require a unique mementos mission to be completed at some point.

>>387639834
Here are the usual tips, OP:
1. Always advance a confidant if one is available to rank up. Non-party confidants give you social stats.
2. Don't fall behind on knowledge. You'll have exams once in a while you'll need to prep for.
3. Go to the Juice store at the station on sundays and buy Aojiru.
4. Get some quality plant food from the flower shop.
5. Fortune and Temperance confidants cost money but are the strongest in the game. Get Fortune to Rank 7 asap and you gain the ability to turn money into relationship points once per day.
6. Keep up with the Strength confidant. They typically have you fuse personas that are super strong against minibosses you're about to encounter.
7. Try visiting the train station exterior at night to start the Sun confidant. Getting it early can get you rolling in cash.
8. You are completely invisible when in a hiding spot, regardless of angle.
9. Keep a supply of status-healing items on hand. You can buy them at the drug store in the main shopping street.
10. Guns are only for hitting weaknesses, not doing damage.
>>
Always have plenty of lockpicks.
Get Kawakami to make them etc, if you have enough and search every nook and cranny in palaces for chests, you'll never/rarely have to buy weapons or armor.
>>
>>387646439
How do you have her make them?
>>
How important is having a Persona of an appropriate type when S linking?
>>
>>387647109
Very important. Having a persona of the matching arcana in your inventory increases your relationship points by 50%
>>
>>387647054
Once you get her to rank 7 you can just go to your desk and select call Kawakami.
>>
File: IMG_5968.png (244KB, 567x589px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5968.png
244KB, 567x589px
>really want to play this game
>scared I'll be too stupid to understand the combat system
>also don't have a PS4
>too retarded to get into emulation
>>
>>387647054
Get her to level 7, go up to your desk make some tools, before you start you'll get the prompt to have her make some lockpicks for you instead.
>>
>>387647324
>scared I'll be too stupid to understand the combat system
It's Pokemon-tier shit but with less types.
>>
>>387647324
I don't play many games like this, but I got into it without much trouble. Pick yourself up a PS4 and enjoy.
>>
>>387647324
Maybe emulate P4 first, see if you like it.
The combat is fast and fun once you get into it.
>>
Have they patched the game to stop being able to confuse the mementos bosses so they give you insane amounts of money? The past three I've fought haven't been susceptible to pulpina, and the one for Hifumi's request hasn't been getting confused despite me trying for ages with an ailment boosted Forneus.
>>
File: 1502759413411.jpg (34KB, 343x417px) Image search: [Google]
1502759413411.jpg
34KB, 343x417px
Bear in mind that any major plot spoilers you may have read are telegraphed way ahead and don't really spoil the game all that much unless you go into a large amount of detail.
>>
>>387647989
>Playing Persona
>>
>>387647324
I mean, there's nothing wrong with PS3 port if that's all you can play.
>>
>>387647324
It is so fucking easy, you should give it a try
>>
>>387647324
Combat is piss easy to understand. Don't worry about that at all, everything has a clear description and you don't even have to bother with buffs or debuffs if you're on normal difficulty if you don't want to.
As for emulation, just grab rpcs3 and a download for the game, look up the recommended configuration for P5 and be on your way. It runs shitty though, I normally get about 20 FPS. I don't mind since it's a turn based VN, but if you do mind then just get a PS3 or something.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.