[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I be 100% real? Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 fucking suck. HOWEVER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: DAueEFzXkAAHU4e.png (312KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
DAueEFzXkAAHU4e.png
312KB, 600x406px
Can I be 100% real?
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 fucking suck. HOWEVER they aren't all bad and let me explain why....

SA1 postives/negatives:
+Perfect transition into 3D
+Perfect Controls
+Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Amy all playable
+Nice hubworlds
+Kickass soundtrack
+Chao
-treasure hunting
-poor camera
-big the fucking cat
-gamma gameplay
-nothing to do in the hubworld

SA2 positives/negatives:
+2 new characters Shadow & Rouge
+Improved level design for Sonic stages
+Improved multiplayer, and probably the best to date (tikal playable)
+Improved chao garden/ chao upgrade system
-tails in a mech?!?
-no hubworld
-remixed sa1 tracks are bad
-treasure hunting levels are even godawfully worse

If Sonic Team were to simply take these positive aspects and combine them into a new game, and to work a little harder at fleshing story out, I bet we could get a 3D game we could all be proud of. But instead of doing this, they mistake all of the negative feedback they've gotten, for people actually hating every single part about these games.

It's important to remember that gold chunks, when dropped into a pile of horseshit, are still gold chunks. You don't throw the whole pile of shit away, you wash those gold chunks off and melt them down into something better, something solid. Instead... sega decided to throw the gold chunks away completely along with the shit, and create a new steaming pile of dogshit with nothing of value, except for a small piece of copper ore being the really neat boost gameplay, that ultimately fucks everything else up.
>>
I'm starting Dragon Quest with VIII, using the uncensor and orchestral music patch on 3DS, is that a good starting point?
Wanted to start with IV but i can't emulate DS for shit here
>>
>>387635986
Wrong thread
>>
>>387635986
The best starting point for Dragon Quest is to play a different game
>>
File: d73.jpg (56KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
d73.jpg
56KB, 600x564px
>>387635986
>>387636117
What the fuck? Get the fuck out!
>>
>>387636117
What is wrong with Dragon Quest? They seem to be pretty basic and straight to the point JRPGs, which is kinda what i'm looking for right now
>>
MODS
>>
Adventure 1 is only hated so much because other games like Ocarina and Mario 64 have aged way better

Adventure 1 feels like they had Sonic done and then they thought that the game wasn't long enough so they made all these other weird unpolished gameplay styles to fill that space. Some of it is good, but in general most of it feels pointless

Its still the best 3D Sonic game if we are just considering the sonic levels though

Adventure 2 is an overrated peace of shit that somehow does everything worse than adventure 1 gameplay wise. Sure its alot more stable, the story is way better, and the music is just as good, but I just think it fucks up things that the first one didn't
>sonics level design is more focused on speed and homing attack chains rather than actual platforming. Some people might like that, but I just find it less fun. Homing attack is also not nearly as fun or useful
>knuckles levels are now far too open, especcially in the second half of the game. The fact that only 1 emerald is on the radar at a time is the worst part, because Adventure 1 was smart enough not to do that.
>tails is SO. FUCKING. SLOW. I actually liked Gamma's gameplay because it was reasonably fast and felt fun to play. But the mech levels in 2 just feel so fucking boring. Its just alot of basic platforming and shooting enemies, and it plays NOTHING like a sonic game at all.

Its like they took the main 3 aspects of Sonic, Speed, Exploration, and Platforming, and rather than design one gameplay style around it they just split it into three different gameplay styles for no reason.
>>
>>387636702
>homing attack
meant spindash
>>
Its really a shame that Sonic Adventure was the fucking peak of the 3D games as a whole. The boost games don't count, merely because they are racing games and have little to no platforming.
>>
>>387635807
>they suck
>but here's all these positives
sasuga
>>
>>387637098
Lets be honest, as a whole these games DO suck. But there are little gems scattered here and there that make them memorable.
>>
>>387635986
Every Dragon Quest that isn't 2, 6 or 9 is a good starting point. They all offer different variations and setups on the core design while getting more grandiose as the series goes on. Going back isn't a regression so much as a simplification, so you can start wherever you like.
>>
>>387635807
>-nothing to do in the hubworld
>-no hubworld
'kay
>>
>>387635807
>dem teef
He looks like he belongs in Hard Time, fucking hell.
>>
>>387637310
1. Yes, besides mission mode they barely did anything with the beautiful hubworld and it was a dissapointment because I wanted to see more, but felt cheated.

2. Instead of fucking improving on the hubworld they remove it
>>
Sonic 3d transition also made it lose its speed which was the main selling point over NES and SNES Mario games.

Mania is the best thing that has happened to this franchise since SA1 emerald coast.
>>
>>387638104
Sonic always felt slower in 2D to me, and mario was actually always fast, mainly because mario didn't have too many retarded obstacles that made you backtrack through the stage.
>>
>>387638284
or because the stages were flat
>>
>>387635807
>+Perfect transition into 3D
until you get to high speeds and the controls become super fucking twitchy
they just need to make sonic control like adventure at low speed and boostshit at high speeds
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.