[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone played it yet? Is it any good? Looks like a Soma kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: observvvvurvrvr.jpg (26KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
observvvvurvrvr.jpg
26KB, 460x215px
Has anyone played it yet? Is it any good? Looks like a Soma kind of game which I'm really into
>>
DUDE FLASHING LIGHTS AND JUMPSCARES LMAO: the game
>>
>>387627163
Not good then?
>>
>>387627274
no
>>
The gameplay is pretty bare bones, you got thermal vision, night vision and a tech vision which you use to analyse stuff. There are only a handful of puzzles, most of them are just number combinations, there are a few hide & seek moments similar to Soma, but they are rare and far apart,

That said, the story really picks up past the prologue and it goes to interesting places. Really it all comes down to if you enjoy atmospheric, very narrative focused games, and less of a game-play challenge. Also the voice actor is Rutger Hauer.
>>
>>387628457
how many hiding sections? Do you have to stealth or just wait?

I absolutely hate those kinds of sections, not because they're spooky, but because they're more often than not really bad
>>
>>387628710
They are very, very forgiving. The only time I died in those sections was when I wasn't prepared, or thought I was supposed to get caught. So those sections didn't bother me at all, they also don't last very long.
>>
the detective bits are pretty cool and the brain diving seems funky
>>
>>387628710
>>387628872
You stealth by crouching to avoid the enemy vision cone. The rooms you encounter enemies in are often open, so there's plenty of room to sneak around them, I don't remember ever remember hiding for the enemies to pass you like in many other horror games. You're should always be on the move.
>>
>>387626998
it's trippy and and it has Rutger Hauer, who does a great job

also the cyberpunk vision is very believeable, especially if you grew up in eastern europe
>>
>>387628872
>>387629321
Thanks anons, I like to hear this

Soma's monsters bits were terrible but the AI was so dumb I could sprint past most of them, if they're even easier and shorter on this one, I can tell I'll enjoy it

Thanks
>>
>>387626998
>le can't trust an AI plot twist
I hate this trope. I want a new take on it.
>>
>>387626998
Good atmosphere and graphics but minimal gameplay and the brain scan sequences are a succession of jumpscares, loud and flashy ones.

The cyberpunk setting makes it automatically more interesting than most of those 'scary' walking simulators though.
>>
>>387629757
How far in the game are you?
>>
>>387630023
I watched someone stream it :\^)
>>
>>387626998
it's genuinely a great game. Hard to imagine how anyone can say it's objectively bad. Lots of love and care went into this.
>>
>>387630005
If they had expanded upon the gameplay this game seriously could've been GOAT. I'm serious, Imagine an episodic type game in this universe where you drive around and visit different crime scenes, investigate and write your own notes, throw in a couple of shooting segments, and mind jacks. Throw in a few spoopy cyberpunk creatures in the vain of X-files. Boom, instant classic.
>>
>>387630110
>game
>>
>>387630360
Seems like cyberpunk will have a second renaissance not that far in the future. We'll probably get something like that relatively soon.
>>
>>387630005
>Jumpscares
This makes me not want to even bother with it
>>
>>387630530
Cyberpunk 2077 will probably be the closest we'll ever get. in the foreseeable future. A game like that requires more resources and money than you could feasibly expect from a small indie studio realistically, but Observer came pretty damn close.
>>
>>387630849
AA games have me really excited for the future, desu. Hellblade proved the viability of it to the west.
>>
>>387631335
Hellblade was AA game made by a AAA studio in all fairness, I mean the company has reportedly up to ~200 employees.
>>
>>387630005
>>387630360

yee i only touched it because it's dripping with rain-soaked cyberpunk atmosphere and that gets me moist.

however, gameplay-wise, it makes me think stuff like FN&F and Amnesia done this terrible thing to indie games where you just walk around different hidden object scenes and call it a game. but on the other hand i appreciate lots of gamers these days like it to be almost as passive as TV where you basically just walk from point to point and watch the game fall into place for you, they don't really want "gameplay" getting in the way of muh story.

some of the tension and atmosphere building in >Observer_ is pretty top tier but you'll never shake the vomit-inducing engine and layers of post-processing involved to mask the fact it's just not very good and could easily be an old Source mod or something hiding under there.

but to get to a point like you mentioned, as a AAA game that we all take for granted and just expect it to be a great driving game, a great shooting game, as well as great at it's own thing (cyberpunk thriller in this case) takes tens of millions of dollars and huge dev teams. pretty sure this was made in a polish shed.

i couldn't really recommend it, but then i don't really like horror or walk-y puzzle games. it was really unsettling though; the glitching and flashing and chaotic noises, the jumps, etc - if thats a main draw for horror enthusiasts, perhaps you really should check this out.
>>
>>387631824
>but you'll never shake the vomit-inducing engine
A quick .ini edit to increase the FOV really helped combat this. No excuse this wasn't adjustable in the settings.
>>
>>387627163
not even close, the fuck?

the flashing light I can give u that but jumpscares, nah son
>>
If you liked SOMA, chances are you'll like this game too. It's more of a game than Layers of Fear was, but it's still what a lot of people would consider a walking sim. The atmosphere is great and it really does a good job of creating a proper cyberpunk setting, but you'll really only enjoy it if you can look past the shallow gameplay.
>>
>>387626998
>a 4chan reference game
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.