[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's on sale now. Redpill me on it /v/, what are some things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 2623523425.jpg (31KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
2623523425.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
It's on sale now.
Redpill me on it /v/, what are some things that might be off putting/bad in this game?
>>
>>387624614
>what are some things that might be off putting/bad in this game?

It was in dire need of horses to ride around on early game.
>>
Awful balance, everything that is related to how damage/defence is calculated, stat growth, casting system, skill slots, abundance of healing items is straight fucking awful.
Boring, empty, clearly unfinished open world.
Clusterfuck of a story.
Even then, it managed to be surprisingly fun and even addictive. But it's one heavily flawed game.
>>
the game is braindead easy unless you heavily gimp yourself
>>
>>387624614
Boring as fuck world, very barebones story, stupidly easy after a few levels and overall its gets very repetitive very quickly and playing as a warrior is the most boring shit you can do.
>>
It'll vary depending on your tastes and perspectives, anon. I, for one, love the world, and the feeling of wandering around in it. I love the scripted interactions between monster species that you might not even see, like lizardmen hunting a chimera. I genuinely enjoy the emptiness, and just the feeling of being on an adventure.

Adventures need downtime as much as they need huge monster battles, after all.

Speaking of which, I'm not all that upset that there are only two "real" settlements in the game, and only one large town. It makes the wilderness feel wilder. And for all that there might not be terribly much to find in Gran Soren, it's still a cool place.

Really, that the world is small makes it ultimately feel more familiar, and whether or not familiarity breeds contempt with you might make or break it.

Oh, and Warriors are fun. Who needs more than three skills? I can one-shot an Eliminator.
>>
File: 1497659739923.webm (2MB, 632x354px) Image search: [Google]
1497659739923.webm
2MB, 632x354px
>>387624614

Game is shit at informing the player about all kinds of things, for example enemy weaknesses.
>>
>>387626740
What do you think pawns are for?

'TIS WEAK TO ICE AND FIRE BOTH!
>>
>>387624614
It's just boring and repetitive. There's no challenge, no story, no interesting characters... about all it's good for is jerking off to loli pawns.
>>
No story to speak of, most characters are barebones and have little backstory to them, often appear and disappear at random intervals.
>>
>>387624614
At the start, you have very low stamina, which makes running across the world quite a drag (buy a shitton of mushrooms to remedy that)
You also don't have many skills when you start a new class, so you'll be spamming some unimpressive moves for a while.
Being unaware of Augments will put you at a disadvantage, Sinew can be extremely important at all times.
Character size affects your maximum inventory and walking/running speed/stamina consumption, if you start with a ridiculously buff character for a bigger inventory, your run will be as slow as your normal walking, which feels like shit.

So i'd recommend starting out as a shota/loli Fighter so you can obtain the Sinew Augment ASAP. The only other way to gain an effect like Sinew is with equipment you can only find in the final endgame zone, if you are very lucky.
>>
If you're underleveled it's a grind and often next to impossible, if you're overleveled it's a cake walk, and it's an incredibly fine line between them.

It's ugly, controls are often poor and annoying, story/character/RPG-wise it's not particularly good except for the very end, and everything outside of that feels like an mmo. It does have its moments but the game overall is just really janky (which gives it some charm, but for me it wasn't enough to tip it over into so-bad-it's-good territory like Deadly Premonition.)
>>
So overall it's a 6-7 game but still people are having a lot of fun with it for some reason?
>>
>>387628320
Pretty sure its just one person shitposting. The game is actually good for several playthroughs even. Just wait for the HD remaster.
>>
>>387628320
OP asked solely for the negative sides of the game, it doesn't get a dozen remakes and an mmo sequel for no reason
>>
File: guts in the berserk armor.png (702KB, 1242x1800px) Image search: [Google]
guts in the berserk armor.png
702KB, 1242x1800px
>>387624614
>repetitive dialogue
>frustrating travel
>easy to permanently lock yourself out of content by not being in the right place at the right time
>Warrior class has an unforgivably stupid and unnecessary design decision that kills the fun of using it. Could have been pick related, basically.

Still really good. Heartily recommend it.
>>
>>387628592
I don't know if that's entirely true. The MMO I'll give you, but the remasters just seem like Capcom trying to squeeze as many dollars out of the devoted fanbase as they can. It doesn't seem like the latest re release will even have any new stuff.
>>
>>387628542
Hardly.

>>387628320
Pretty much. The game is aggressively mediocre in many ways. The combat isn't solid/weighty/engaging enough to carry the game like Dark Souls, and the story component isn't anywhere close to something like The Witcher or Dragon Age. If you like spending time in MMOs you may get some enjoyment out of it.
>>
File: dragonsdogmashit.png (131KB, 535x2400px) Image search: [Google]
dragonsdogmashit.png
131KB, 535x2400px
>beat the dragon
>immediately lose all interest in playing the game
>>
>>387626620
>lizardmen hunting a chimera
where? sounds like it should be the other way around
>>
>>387629115
they wouldn't have made those remakes if they didn't believe that it would be economically viable to make and ship it.
if alot of people enjoy it to be insane enough to buy it multiple times, then clearly alot of people fucking love the game.
>>
>>387629416
Imagine being this much of a buttblasted faggot because you didn't get your happy ending
>>
>>387631318
That's only part of it. The game becomes a monumental chore when you beat Grigori
>>
>>387624614
Its like playing an unfinished MMO from 2012. You will constantly be thinking to yourself throughout the entire game "Wow this game had so much potential."
>>
>>387631397
>get strong weapons
>get stronger enemies
There'd be no point in the game if you could just oneshot enemies.

>inn gets destroyed
You have portstones faggot, don't tell me you actually walked everywhere
>>
>>387624614
The entire first act of the game. After I cleared Bitterblack a second time I decided to reroll my character and I couldn't bring myself to continue. Having to regrind vocations you don't like for the passives that'll help a whole bunch on the class you do want to play is another huge pain.
>>
>>387624614
Oh man, where do I even begin? I love the game, but holy shit does it have some major faults. It's so bad it's good, and it's good where it counts. As long as you go in without any kind of huge expectations, I think you'll find it enjoyable.
>>
>>387631578
The pawn guild replaces the inn in functionality, you don't have to do any kind of porting outside of the city.
>>
>>387632153
Oh, right, I forgot that everyone moves into the farm area.

So what the fuck's the problem?
>>
>tfw overleveled from doing too much quests to the point where killing the bigger monsters was a pushover
I feel like I robbed myself of a good experience. I kinda want to start a new character and do it right this time, but I don't want to lose my pawn's ratings and knowledge
>>
>>387624614
it doesnt go shadow of the collusus with its climbing

there are no bosses that are really hughe
>>
What are some games similar to this?
Im very bored
>>
>>387632576
how does your pawn's ratings and knowledge affect your personal gameplay?
>>
>>387632682
games you might like:
Dark Souls
Shadow of Mordor
Jade Empire
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.