[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oldfag wanting to get back into yugioh. I made a blue eyes deck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: lFMxS7c.jpg (198KB, 813x1185px) Image search: [Google]
lFMxS7c.jpg
198KB, 813x1185px
Oldfag wanting to get back into yugioh. I made a blue eyes deck a few months ago, but these new link monsters kinda confuse me. It seems worse than pendulum cause it limits the summoning of other extra deck monsters. What the hell is bronami trying to pull with the link monsters?

Is YGH worth getting in to now?
>>
Read the rules, if you can't understand a game aimed at manchildren with Stockholm syndrome you may have brain damage
>>
>>387624565
That's a fan card using a cardfight vanguard card image lel.

Link summoning is the same as synchro in terms of mechanics, it's not hard.
>>
>>387624565
Eh, play either book or nexus (avoid nexus unless you have to) to test the waters
>>
>>387624565
>video games
>>
>>387624920
I'm talking about the purpose of adding this type of monster not their mechanics. stop projecting
>>
>>387624565
Link system is effectively a neef to extra deck spam, especially pendulum, but also xyz. This is a good thing.
>>
>>387624565
I don't really give a shit about nu yougo, it all went to shit after synchros, adding new mechanics again and again.
Dueling online is still fun though.
check this 5
>>
TAG FORCE 7 WITH LINK MONSTERS WHEN
>>
>>387624565
wtf is link? why does it substitute defense? it can't defend your LP?
>>
>>387626551
Can't play them in def. They can protect you from direct attacks like anyother monster.
>>
>>387624565
This is because of two things:
1) Extra deck spam was becoming annoying, so they replaced it with a different kind.

2) Pendulums failed because they can't be used in every deck. By forcing people to play Links, it will make people buy them.
>>
>>387624565
>>387626551
>caring about how new yugioh chuuni mechanic works in 2017 when it's like the fourth time they do this so they are just making up shit to sell cards
>>
>>387626339
The purpose is to reinforce the current meta and make you buy more MACR packs
Cynicism aside, the rule changes are designed to cap pendulum decks in the knee because scrubs are still triggered about never learning the mechanics and comp players are still triggered by PePe.
The fact that it also cuts down on synchro spam decks is icing on the cake.

Either way, the current strategy is to play decks that can work around the bottleneck or can easily get out a Missus Radiant or Decode Talker. Blue Eyes is the former.
>>
>>387624565
Links make it harder to spam so many extra deck monsters in one turn. Gives older decks new light and limits newer decks to an extent, but still favors the ability to swarm monsters every turn
>>
>>387627528
>Gives older decks new light and limits newer decks
O I am a laffin
>>
>>387627514
How do other Blue-Eyes get out the Radiant? I use scapegoat, are there better alternatives?

I'll just use Radiant until they release the link version of Hoshiningen, which I'll play using the Photon token spell.
>>
>>387629139
When Blue Eyes really only need Spirit Dragon and Chaos MAX out, you don't actually need to be summoning link monsters.
If you feel you still want to just use the Gofu engine to make a Decode Talker
>>
Post the sexiest cards from 2016 and 2017
>>
>>387629604
Which Blue-Eyes deck does actually use Chaos MAX?
>>
>>387630036
Chaos MAX Blue-Eyes. The ritual-focused build.
>>
>>387630117
I thought ritual Blue-Eyes was supposed to be vastly inferior?
>>
>>387630431
It used to be, but with the new rules it's a lot easier to play that than to try and make synchro Blue Eyes work with link monsters.
>>
>>387626551
Too many people were getting triggered by shit like this.
>>
>>387630561
>>387630431
>tfw want to play fusion blue eyes
>objectivally worse than both synchro and ritual
>>
>>387630561
I see, that makes sense. I'll still stick to my old build with some link shit and use Chaos MAX exclusively in my Luster Soldier deck.
>>
>>387631059
If it makes you feel any better, I like fusion more than synchro. Twin Burst is a pretty decent monster.
>>
>>387631220
>If it makes you feel any better
>thinking anon gives a shit about how much cock you suck on a nightly basis
fuck off outta here
>>
File: 1500937242260.png (777KB, 777x777px) Image search: [Google]
1500937242260.png
777KB, 777x777px
Are these decks still playable?
mermails
fire kangz
infernoids
evilswarm
subterrors
>>
>>387632261
Infernoids are still alive and well. Evilswarms are kind of alive. Everything else, not really.
>>
>>387624565
>all these buttmad retards complaining about a game they stopped playing ten years ago that they certainly don't understand anymore
Why even enter the thread?
>>
so did linking fix xyz faggotry?
>>
>>387632261
Yes (especially after Mistar Boy comes out next month)
No
Yes
It's coming back in Japan
It's getting support next set, so soon
>>
At least Synchros required you to build your deck at least somewhat around getting a monster
Sure Beelze of the Diabolical Dragons is pretty great but Dark tuners are very few and most of them are shit so it's all about timing
XYZs threw all that out the fucking window and let you go to town with whatever cards you wanted whenever you wanted and Links are even worse
>>
>>387632395
>d-d-don't have different o-opinions than m-m-me!!!
>th-this is my s-safesp-sp-space!!!
my fucking sides
>>
What's some fun archtypes to try out in Tag Force Special?
>>
>>387630669
What wouldn't that trigger you? Looks like some bullshit poorly designed card game to me.
>>
>>387632654
>Dark tuners are very few and most of them are shit
Dark Synchro says hi
>>
>>387624565
What the fuck have they done with yugioh jesus christ.
>>
>>387624565
I like how they just gave up with counting stars with all the new broken bullshit. Good god what happened to this card game?
>>
File: ElderEntityNorden-CT12-EN-SR-LE.png (368KB, 305x450px) Image search: [Google]
ElderEntityNorden-CT12-EN-SR-LE.png
368KB, 305x450px
FREE ME
>>
>>387624565
>It seems worse than pendulum cause it limits the summoning of other extra deck monsters. What the hell is bronami trying to pull with the link monsters?

That was the whole point of it. The idea with Link format was to slow down the game because now you can't just summon a shitload of things from your Extra Deck without going through Link monsters. It also means that if you have a deck that relies on having multiple Extra Deck monsters out, you also need to dedicate Extra Deck space to those Link monsters, so you can't have as much variety in terms of outs if you need Link monsters.

It's not really doing what it was supposed to, though. I remember watching a World Chalice mirror at locals and damn near falling asleep because both players took like three minutes just to set up their boards on their first turn. There are a lot more pieces in the combo.

>Is YGH worth getting in to now?
Not any more than it was before I don't think. It's not going to be any easier to get into than it was before, but it's not a bad time to start because you can begin knowing about Link format and you don't run the risk of your deck magically getting worse because the format change has already happened. If you want to pick it up, though, be prepared to drop a lot of cash. I spent a good $250 when I started back up again three months ago and I don't even play meta.
>>
>>387624565
>link cards
something even worse than synchro and xyz combined
>>
>>387634961
3 months ago we didn't have Light's Revenge. Between that and Pendulum Evolution nearly every generic card is dirt cheap now.
>>
File: unwrap.png (134KB, 351x328px) Image search: [Google]
unwrap.png
134KB, 351x328px
>>
>>387630669
That webm
>>
>>387635224
This is why special summons should be limited to 3 per turn.
>>
Basically it means all your expensive extra deck cards are useless unless you buy these new shiny link monsters. So more money for Konami.
>>
>>387633796
what's with this card that needs xyzs and/or synchros to work?
>>
>>387633596
Evolved and changed to keep the game from not being stale and boring.
>>
>>387635146
Neither of the decks I'm using actually use anything from Light's Revenge. I play Cubics and BLS, so most of what's in the set doesn't really affect me. Most of the cash I dropped was on staples and supplies, and I decided to not be cheap with supplies, so that set me back a good $100 easily. My core decks weren't that expensive, but staples tend to add up, especially because people are really hesitant about trading them at locals, so I can't just trade what I have to get my mitts on them.
>>
>>387633796
NO
FUCK OFF
>>
File: big-dragon-rulers.jpg (674KB, 1200x440px) Image search: [Google]
big-dragon-rulers.jpg
674KB, 1200x440px
They were pretty cool guys.
>>
>>387636461
Extra deck monsters on the whole aren't invalidated by the existence of Links, it just makes it stupidly hard to play decks that rely on having multiple Extra Deck monsters out at the same time. For decks that are focused on the Main Deck and use cards like Synchros and Xyzs as outs rather than core parts of their gameplans, it doesn't change too much, but everything that uses a lot of smaller Extra Deck monsters is going to be borderline unplayable until we get better Link support, so it's about halfway true.

>>387637629
It doesn't actually need that. Norden can be summoned by just using Instant Fusion, so it can be used for a shitload of different one card combos.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.