[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, let's try this, again. I finished my game and officially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: avatar2.png (47KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
47KB, 184x184px
Alright, let's try this, again. I finished my game and officially released it onto Steam. Looking to reach out to some blogs and send out my press kit. Which ones do you guys like and do you have any recommendations on who to reach out to?
>>
me
>>
>>387612536
they suck but Kotaku might care
>>
>>387612573
-_-'

>>387612637
Yeah, I used to love them, but throughout the years, I feel like they've gone downhill. They do have a big reach, so I'll still reach out to them.
>>
Game name? If it doesn't suck just send shit to everybody you can think of.
>>
reach out to me
>>
>>387612717
It's called Circuit Dude- Mac and PC on Steam.... Mobile coming soon. 100 levels and similar to Chip's Challenge, except it has a bigger variety and the puzzles are actually less action-based and more logic-based.
>>
>>387612805
>>387612573
Lmfao. Post your e-mails or something.
>>
>>387612839
dont advertise
>>
>>387612968
Thnk u papa
>>
>>387612839
I don't think it looks good. Best advice I can give is say you're a big fan of some streamer in an email and send them a copy. Say they inspired you or some shit. Pop out some copies to the retro YouTube channels saying you based it off chips challenge. Don't be a dick to anybody and be super fucking respectful to everyone. You don't have to support the gays but don't complain about anything. Keep your personal shit out of your gameshit. Aim to get trading card support and pay an artist to make really nice fullborder steam wallpapers.
>>
>>387613249
(1/2)

100% absolutely. I've removed all connection between any political views I have with my online/personal branding. Around a year ago, I decided to step back from all that nonsense and really focus on making games.

I appreciate the feedback. The game's graphics didn't turn out exactly how I liked, but so many people told me they love the look and feel of the game that I decided I probably shouldn't change it.

I've reached out to some streamers who have okay followings and some decided to stream it. I reached out to some podcasters and smaller publications that I think will pick it up. I've been on two podcasts, so I think that'll help a tiny bit.
>>
>>387613626
(2/2)

As for YouTubers, there are some that really like this kind of puzzler, but they get so many requests that I think a lot of them that I reach out to won't actually see it or won't actually reply. If I get like 1/100, that could still change my life, so I'm reaching out to a lot of them.... Well, trying to... I don't know many retro streamers or YouTubers (as well as indie blogs) that would care for something like this.

I've hit up the big names, but the point of this thread is to organically find some blogs that people like me actually enjoy that I may not have heard of. Shit, same with YouTubers or Streamers. I'm not doing this for money- I probably will never break even on this game. I just want enough people to enjoy my game, so I sent out a lot of free keys, but even then, getting people's attention is hard.
>>
>>387613704
You ever post on AGDG over on /vg/? They'll shit on you if you post your finished game but they're enjoyable and can be helpful if you make another project. Sterling might be able to help you out and do a video on your game if you message him. A HTML demo might be something you could try.
>>
>>387614110
Is that a guild?
>>
>>387614182
It's a place where some guys shitpost and sometimes make games. Risk of Rain started over there. Jim Sterling is the fatguy who talks about new steam games or something.
http://tools.aggydaggy.com/index.html
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.