[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just recently got into jrpgs after years of willingly avoiding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Persona_5_cover_art.jpg (107KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
Persona_5_cover_art.jpg
107KB, 250x354px
I just recently got into jrpgs after years of willingly avoiding them cause of reasons but idgaf about being a weeb. after playing a few final fantasy games I looked into persona5 and ordered it.

tldr; what are some general advices for a total noob getting into persona, do I need to play earlier titles? what does /v/ generally think about p5?
>>
>>387605156
If you want to go full force into Persona i would suggest playing them in numerical order.
>>
>>387605156
Bump because I just ordered P5 too, bored with JRPG for years but this one seems different.
Should i go for hard mode in the first run ?
>>
File: room.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
room.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>387605156
Don't worry about it, play blind
>>
File: ignihng.jpg (60KB, 450x557px) Image search: [Google]
ignihng.jpg
60KB, 450x557px
>>387605156
>dgaf about being a weeb
Weeb =/= person who just like to play jap games but whatever, no one cares anymore and it still triggers me.

>what are some general advices for a total noob getting into persona
None, the game is piss easy

>do I need to play earlier titles?
No, they are all completely separate stories with just returning monsters and some recurring characters.

>what does /v/ generally think about p5?
The board is divided between people who give it a 10/10 and people who give it 0/10.
>>
>>387605156
>>387605281
Whoops to add on to that. You should do the PSP releases of Persona 1 and Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on PSP never got an official English release, but translation patches are out there.

For Persona 3, play FES on the PS2 (don't bother with the PSP version unless it's your second playthrough). For Persona 4, the Vita version (Persona 4 Golden) is superior but if you do not have a Vita/Playstation TV console then you can play the PS2 version and it's no huge deal.

Persona 5 is on both PS3 and PS4, both versions are identical in terms of content. The PS4 version just has better load times and a higher resolution
>>
My suggestion is to escape this thread before getting spoiled on everything
I would also recommend playing 3 and 4 first. 2 has very different gameplay so it might not be for you but give it a try at least. Don't bother with 1
>>
>>387605281
You're really going to tell a JRPG noob to start off with Persona 1? Awful advice there brofam
>>
>>387605586
I would suggest playing 1 and 2 regardless, though their gameplay is pretty dated.

If you have a PS3 you just download FES, 4, and 5.
>>
>>387605504

good advice here. thanks mate.
>>
>>387605504
>>387605156
To chip in, I disagree with this anon. I don't think you must play every series chronologically. It's P5 that peaked your interest, so don't force yourself to play som decades old PSP game just because someone on the internet told you to. Rather, if you end up enjoying P5 you'll want to play the older games too.
>>
>>387605281
Persona 1, both 2 and even 3 at times are pretty dated for a JRPG newcomer
>>
>>387605504
>>387605675
>>387605682
I would avoid P1 and P2. Or at the very least avoid spending money on them. The "modern" trilogy of 3-5 is what people usually associate with Persona, and are far more worth your time if you're a newcomer
>>
I was in the same boat as you. I bought P5 merely out of the hype. I played a couple jrpgs in the past so I knew tge deal, but I found it great. I then played 3 and 4 and had even more fun. I'm currently playing SMT since I got tired of the school setting.
>>
If you don't like weebshit you might just find yourself being annoyed. All the characters, the writing, the setup, the style, the music everything is just hardcore fucking anime.

I really like the game so far (like 15 hours in) but you need a tolerance. Not as much as like Neptunia or something, but still.
>>
>>387605675
Haven't played persona 2, but calling persona 1's gameplay "pretty dated" is generous af. The dungeon crawling is an utter nightmare, the negotiation is an utter nightmare, grid-based battles are more annoying than anything, the only barely holding it together is the story really
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.