[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was adding a piece of shit obnoxious and unfunny comic relief

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: rikku.jpg (39KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
rikku.jpg
39KB, 700x394px
Why was adding a piece of shit obnoxious and unfunny comic relief character necessary?
>>
>>387604737
Isn't the 'funny' sidekick a staple of RPGs?
>>
>>387604813
Except she isn't remotely funny
>>
she's just a typical genki girl
>>
>>387604737
>>387604813
>>387604929

Wakka was the character in that role. Rikku's a JB.
>>
>>387605065
Wakka doesn't break the atmosphere when seymour invited them to his manor everyone was nervous, and then you have this shithead saying "the food is so good" holy shit
>>
>Comic relief

Fucking excuse me? What's more even when Rikku is trying to be funny there's a reason for that. Spira fucking sucks. Everyone is waiting to die and probably will. So she's just trying to manufacture as much happiness as she can without it they'd drown in their own depression. The Al Bhed don't believe in the Pilgrimages. So as far as they're concerned unless they do something about it, Sin will be around forever. You need SOME kind of release in a situation where, for all you know, you are doomed and there's no clear way out. Hell this is the exact same thing Yuna does except her reasons are slightly different.
>>
>>387605065
Nah Wakka has very believable personality in every situation and has a lot of dark moments. He's also like meant to be some kind of racist bigot.
>>
because r34
>>
>tfw still playing through this

Do I end up getting seymours summon later? How hard is it to get. Anima is cool as fuck
>>
>>387605314
>Characters would be depressed without her
what are you on about the characters were fine before rikku, did you play the game?
>>
Bullshit.
>>
>>387605423
yeah, you just have to do one puzzle, pretty easy
>>
>>387605379
What I like about Wakka is the amount of mental gymnastics he goes through to justify his belief in Yevon. People don't generally drop everything they ever knew in life the first time they see evidence that it's wrong. You see Yevon maesters authorizing use of machina, which is forbidden, and he's like "yeah but they must got a good reason for it." Then you find out Seymour killed his father and he's like "well that's just Seymour ya?" Then you find out like half of the Yevon higher ups are dead and are content to just keep the status quo forever he he's like "well okay the maesters are corrupt but Yevon itself is still right ya?" Then you get to Yunalesca, the source of Yevon itself, who tells him to his face that the entire religion is bullshit only meant to give people something to live for and only then does he decide to fight against Yevon itself. And even then he really doesn't want to. I thought it was great.
>>
File: Vaan.png (2MB, 1915x1463px) Image search: [Google]
Vaan.png
2MB, 1915x1463px
Why was adding a piece of shit obnoxious and unfunny comic relief character necessary?
>>
>>387605486
Typo. She'd drown in her own depression. And I stand on that argument. When presented with the idea of hooking up with Teedus she says she wants to have as many children as she can and love as much as she can because with Sin around you never know when your time is up. Any one of them can die tomorrow.

Now that I think about it that's kind of the theme of the whole game. Even Yunalesca says that Yevon was built to keep the people of Spira from drowning in their own sorry because the situation with Sin is fucked.
>>
She's the teenage girl or 'cute' girl. Final Fantasy typically has three female party members: the demure nice girl, the mature tough/outgoing girl and the cute perky girl.
>>
Also why did wakka have no problem with rikku being al bhed? They thought that if he knew yuna was al bhed he'd leave so why was a complete stranger an exception?
>>
>>387605379
>Be Wakka
>Watching Rikku's Home getting destroyed by explosions
>Just saw a pile of Rikku's dead family
>Gotta say something to cheer her up

"BOOM! Like happy festival fireworks!"
>>
>>387606418
Wakka had a huge problem with Rikku being an Al Bhed. But Yuna selected her as her guardian. And Wakka isn't going to leave Yuna. So he just tolerated her.
>>
Is Wakka the broest character in FFX?
>>
>>387605642
Because the higher ups in square didn't think teens would like Basch as the MC.
>>
>>387606561
Rikku is pretty bro too.
>>
>>387605635
>I can't believe I'm about to go up against Lady Yunalesca...

Wakka and Auron are probably the best characters in the game
>>
ffx Rikku >>>>>>>> X2Rikku
>>
>>387606706
You know for a long time I wondered why Auron didn't just tell them from the beginning that Yevon was bullshit and that Sin is Jecht. But after playing it again I realize it would've ruined the game if he did that. Auron is there as a guide, not as their nanny. He points them in the right direction but lets them decide for themselves what to do with that information.

>>387606761
This is truth. Really for as much as I like playing X-2, X-2 was kind of stupid
>>
Rikku isn't just comedic relief. She's Yuna's connection to her al bhed heritage and someone whose not afraid to challenge the teachings of Yevon when she needs to he most.

While not as big of an influence on her as Tidus, Rikku is essential to Yuna's decision to go against Yunalesca.
>>
>>387606929
>and someone whose not afraid to challenge the teachings of Yevon when she needs to he most.
This a trillion times. Without Teedus and Rikku's influence, Yuna would've followed Yevon as she always had, she would've killed herself, and then Sin would've continued and nothing would've been accomplished. Except maybe things would've been worse because she might've married Seymour who wanted to become Sin for the express purpose of killing all of humanity so we can enjoy our glorious new life as undead zombies.
>>
>>387606919
Yeah, Auron being such a hardass makes a lot more sense once you find out how much he really knows about what's going on, and the fact that he hides it from the group is because he knows how badly they would break down if they were to know about the horrors that he had to witness.

also Wakka being a fanboy over Auron is prime and the dynamic is so believable
>>
File: 1497240715583.jpg (192KB, 950x697px) Image search: [Google]
1497240715583.jpg
192KB, 950x697px
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.