[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do fighting games get so much hate? Sure, they're not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1502682389264.jpg (43KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
1502682389264.jpg
43KB, 600x579px
Why do fighting games get so much hate? Sure, they're not the best genre of games,but certainly not the worst.
>>
Because people have different subjective tastes, and may not share the same opinion as you.
>>
One of the few genres left that doesn't hold your hand.
>>
>>387599020
Fighting games get no more hate than any other genre when posted on /v/.
The fuck you talkin bout.
>>
the FGC is second only to Moba communities in autism, and a lot of people are dumb and can't separate media from it's fans
>>
>>387599261
The fuck YOU talkin bout? Have you ever seen a fighting game thread on /v/? Literally filled to the brim with casuals who bitch and complain about the simplest shit. FGs are the bane of /v/'s population.
>>
>>387599251
>The genre that established things such as training mode and spelling out every single ability possible doesn't hand hold

It only doesn't handhold if you're retarded and stick to button mashing
>>
>>387599451
This post was so fucking stupid, it gave me autism. You shouldn't call people retarded when you're mentally challenged yourself.
>>
>>387599548
Ne ne, anon-chan come over here for a second
I've got something to tell you, lean in real close
Closer, baka!
That's not an argument.
>>
File: 1466956317185.webm (211KB, 892x502px) Image search: [Google]
1466956317185.webm
211KB, 892x502px
>>387599020
Fighting games hurt egos. When you come from genres like MMOs, JRPGs, and walking sims where you're getting your ass pampered and licked the entire time it's hard to go to a genre that tries it's hardest to separate winners vs losers, alphas vs betas, and chads vs virgins.
>>
>>387599451
You realize knowing the moves isn't even half the required knowledge to get good right? You need to know spacing, timing, combos, priority/invulnerability, etc. for both you and your opponent and then you can put 2 and 2 together and play a proper match of wits
>>
File: 8CC7wgO.gif (2MB, 432x243px) Image search: [Google]
8CC7wgO.gif
2MB, 432x243px
>>387599897
Yo what's up with this webm? Did mike get his ass kicked or something?
Why is that guy being so aggressive to Ski? ;_;
>>
>>387600161
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrULU3gpvME
>>
>>387600161
It's Kenny Omega appearing outta nowhere.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>387600161
It's just Kenny Omega rough housing
>/jp/ got beat by Kenny the Chad in video games

Sad
>>
>>387600361
>>387600346
Oh thank god. I was afraid for a second it was some random Chad coming to stir up shit. Kenny's all good.
>>
I just want a modern fighting game with a good single player. Is that so much to ask for?

And no, some shitty cinematic cutscene fest isn't what I'm asking for.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.