[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt franchises that are in dire need of a decent game Just tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

File: 648683388657.png (76KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
648683388657.png
76KB, 640x360px
itt franchises that are in dire need of a decent game

Just tried out the MtGO trial and damn that gameplay is clunky as hell.
Why can't they just reskin that shit and make it look like Duels of the Planeswalkers?
>>
The first Duels of the Planeswalkers was great, if only they included all cards into that then we would be set.
>>
>RNG Microtransactions
From even their basic card stock form, the format of Magic is a phenomenal waste of money.
>>
>>387599383
I think it's designed to be like a hobby or the only game/video game you ever play.
>>
>>387599834
That's certainly why it's failing.
>>
>>387600119
I dont know, I decided to take their survey and at the end send them a message about why I think they should revamp MtGO and bring it to steam and the cards to the steam market. I doubt they will listen but if lots of people do it maybe they will listen.
>>
All Magic products are designed like an investment and not like a toy

>can't significantly rework MTGO (f2p experience, digital codes in paper packs) because old collections would lose value

>must put crap bulk rares/mythics in reprint sets, limit the print run, AND set their prices as double as regular sets because the boosters box must have an EV below MRSP and they DO NOT want reprinted cards to drop their market prices

>the reserved list

Magic is a stock market simulator for fat people, it's a good game to play casually, especially Commander, but please, proxy all expensive cards and don't play MTGO or officially constructed formats.
>>
>>387601004
This is a great shame since I love the Duels of the Planes Walkers, I think the format is great.
>>
>>387600119
>magic is failing
Nigga what?

Anyway MTGO doesn't look like Duels of the Planeswalkers because Duels had a minute collection relative to the history of MtG cards, which contains too many fucktarded different rules and interactions to being able to programm effectively into something that looks and plays like Duels.

That's not to say that an improvewment over the piece of shit that is mtgo isn't possible or needed but there are issues on top of that, as >>387601004 highlights.Having said that,
>not going infinite playing limited formats on mtgo
>>
>>387601517
Attendance is at an all time low. Big regional tournaments have like 150 people
>>
I wish MTGO went under so they'd do a proper substitute that didn't cost 15 fucking bucks to draft.
>>
Magic will never have a good game (again, the Microprose one is pretty solid though obviously outdated as all hell) because Wizards is stupid and thinks it'll kill their physical card sales.

The lack of a good magic client has pretty much made me shift entirely away from magic to pokemon TCG just because there's an easy, good way to play it online. Just wish I could play something besides theme decks, since EX cards are pure fucking cancer and they infest every other mode.
>>
>>387599383

only a new player, an idiot or someone just in it for something like "the thrill of the hunt" will ever buy individual boosters. most everyone either buys booster boxes or just singles depending.
>>
>>387601691
I didn't know that. But magic is a 20 year old game that's gone through peaks and troughs, all the while people predicting "it's dead this time for sure!". Safe money is on it bouncing back.
>>
File: 1481334036242.jpg (16KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
1481334036242.jpg
16KB, 319x319px
>>387602050
But this time there's a reason. It's not just random dips. Faster standard rotation, fewer blocks in standard, removal of core sets, 2 sets per block, removal of promos/prizes from local events that aren't standard showdown, active banning, lottery cards making EV of packs and boxes plummet, removal of event decks, and more. There's legit a lot of reasons to be really unhappy with the game right now. I'm not just talking about big event attendance. Locals are reporting all time low attendance too. Yeah it's too big to die, but it's going to shrink and has been for a while.
>>
>>387602485
This.

They really need to use the Duals of the Planeswalkers platform for MtGO and revamp it entirely.

I swear to fuck they better not go Hearthstone route with MtG Arena but every fucking jewy business move they have ever done points only at that.
>>
>>387601960
Yeah, fuck EX and GX cards. Like the new Guzzlord GX card announced for the next set...

Basic, 210 HP, first attack allows you to search your deck for up to 5 dark energy cards and attach them to Guzzlord GX, second attack (2 dark, 3 colorless) does 180 damage, GX attack (5 dark) does 100 damage, when you knock out a pokemon with it, you take TWO extra prize cards.

It's ridiculous. I refuse to play GX cards out of moral principle (I'm working on perfecting a deluge deck with no EX cards), but it's becoming increasingly hard to win without them.
>>
>>387599383
Nobody with a brain buy boosters, anon. Everyone just buys singles online or in-store. Don't talk about things you don't understand.
>>
Magic the Gathering doesn't even have a fucking forum, Wizards of the Coast does not have a forum.

No wonder they're so out of touch of reality they have no platform for users to discuss and source opinions from.
>>
File: just chuck 'er in the moon, ay.png (2MB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
just chuck 'er in the moon, ay.png
2MB, 1200x878px
>>387604618
MaRo has a blog, but that's about it. Whoever is in charge has no clue what to even do with the game.
>"Hey, superhero movies are popular, so let's turn our planeswalkers into superheroes!"
>"Hey, let's introduce a big bad in one block, then nuke them in the same block!"
>"Hey, let's add super powerful colourless Eldrazi when Eye of Ugin is a thing!"
>"Hey, let's do throw in Emrakul, then chuck her in the moon!"
>"Hey, let's have the same five planeswalkers eat up mythic slots for the next five blocks!"
>"Hey, let's give some of those planeswalkers TWO mythic slots!"
>"Hey, let's add super ultra rare premium cards in random boosters which the majority of people will never even see!"
>"Hey, let's gimp standard by making removal and counterspells as shitty as possible!"
>"Hey, let's keep adding super strong value creatures because Timmy loves those!"
>"Wait, why is attendance at an all time low?"
>>
So I have found the email address to the CEO of Hasbro. the parent company of Wizards of the Coast
I am about to draft a formal request that a definitive digital version of Magic the Gathering is made and if possible brought to steam. I will express that MtGO as it stands is hard for new comers to get into and is very nonuser friendly and everything about it is counter intuitive.

I used to play a little back in the day but when Duels of the Planeswalkers was released a new love for the game was born within me and ever since every digital Magic they produces has never quite scratched the itch I want.

I would like take this opportunity for any of you to voice your opinion and desires for a new MtG game, especially Magic the Gathering Veterans.

I will post a draft of the email I send shortly, in the mean time please prepare in a formal manner anything you would like me to add into the email.
>>
Magic has too many stupid interactions to get a video game that does justice to the mess of rules that are present.
>>
>>387605452

What do you mean by "definitive digital version" of MTG? I don't see what isn't already covered by MTG Online and Duels of the Planeswalkers. If you want a straight up replacement of MTG Online, it's unlikely to happen, and it wouldn't be received well by the community unless MTG Online players are allowed to port their cards over.

The bottom line is that "pay to win" (or, at least, "pay to continue playing at a competitive level") is the business model, and they're not going to release a digital game which gives you access to all the cards unless those digital cards are sold the same way as physical ones.
>>
>>387606061
Basically MtGO needs to be updated to have proper card animations.
>>
Just look up and download Shandalar 2015 and enjoy.
>>
>>387605452
Does nobody hear having anything to add to the email, I'm still typing it out, would be good if you can keep the thread alive.
>>
>>387607192
Your email won't do shit, Wizards know if they made a comprehensive electronic Magic game it would cannibalize their physical market share.
>>
>>387606703

I see. I don't actually play it, so I don't know how it looks currently. You're right, they really should keep it looking nice if they want people to use it. Maybe they just don't care because physical cards have a larger share of the player base. But it would be foolish to give up on MTG Online now.

With a little effort, I suspect that a game like MTG Online could be huge today, considering how many popular online PC games basically revolve around grinding for rare items. People tried to reject this business model years ago but now it's par for the course and a lot of people apparently enjoy it. As for Steam integration, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. Steam would open up a huge audience for them. (However, it might be a bad time for that, with Valve launching their own DOTA-themed card game.)

The real question is whether Wizards of the Coast is capable of hiring good game developers.
>>
>>387602010
You have obviously never played booster draft. It's very fun.
>>
>>387607501
I will send the same email to Brian Goldner once a week. I will even print it off and post it to him.
>>
>tfw no PS4 Magic game
>>
>>387608526
Would you settle for a mobile verison?
I for one am pissed off Duels never came to mobile.
>>
>>387608432

There's a difference between booster draft and just buying boosters.
>>
File: 1408687902309.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1408687902309.png
138KB, 375x375px
Just get octagon and download a torrent with the card art. They even have basic lobbies.
>>
File: DFMESXqXcAEFOv9.jpg (116KB, 750x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DFMESXqXcAEFOv9.jpg
116KB, 750x1200px
mtg puzzle quest is pretty fun not even joking
>>
>>387609107
>New blocks newer ever
Why have they killed it, there was still 2k people online conctantly on steam ;_;
>>
>>387603898
>It's ridiculous. I refuse to play GX cards out of moral principle (I'm working on perfecting a deluge deck with no EX cards), but it's becoming increasingly hard to win without them.

I'll tell you right now if there was a ruleset that was basically just standard or vintage or whatever (don't remember the pokemon terms so I'm just using the mtg ones) but EX/GX cards were all banned I'd spend a lot more money on this game.
>>
>>387609708
they're making Magic the Gathering: Arena which people think is going to be a Heathstone killer.

And there is an MMORPG in the works by Cryptic studios.
>>
>>387609883
Isnt arena TableTop game that flopped?
>>
>>387604618
I'm pretty sure the had forums.
>>
>>387610049
Arena was a book I think.

>>387610374
I cannot find them.
>>
>>387610757
>>
>>387611047
>Arena of the Planeswalkers
Table top board game.

>Arena
Book.
>>
>>387611047

>tfw your favorite 'walkers Tamiyo, Sorin either never get any love or get fucked up by how stupid Wizards is when they throw them a bone
>>
File: 1.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>387611210
>Arena
>Book.

Also a card
>>
>>387611047

is it good?
>>
File: Sorin.png (845KB, 750x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Sorin.png
845KB, 750x1056px
>>387611247
>killed daughterfu
>turned into stone by second one
I despise magic writers
>>
They'll reveal the new game in september, should be in between MtGO and Duels.
>>
>>387611496

>look at the top card of your graveyard

but it's always revealed?
>>
>>387611496

>there will be a new un-set
>there will be a new un-set with un-walkers
>there will probably be an un-walker making fun of the jacetice league

what a time to be alive
>>
File: OpenLettertoHasbro.png (242KB, 2271x1231px) Image search: [Google]
OpenLettertoHasbro.png
242KB, 2271x1231px
Now before you complain about the cosmetics, its meeting them half way. Not that he will even read that far but heyho worth a shot

Does anyone have any issues or would like to add something to this?
>>
but paper magic is more than decent

i see what you mean though. let's hope mtg arena isn't complete garbage..
>>
>>387611748
its a joke card
>>
File: 1457501414089.jpg (225KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457501414089.jpg
225KB, 600x450px
>>387598324
MTGO fucking sucks donkey dick because it's a client from 15 years ago that hasn't been updated at all and you have to pay physical money for digital cards.

Duels sucks because of how limited your actual options are. Granted, I only played M14s, and I know it allegedly revamped with Origins (like giving the player the control to ACTUALLY BUILD THEIR OWN DECK HOLY FUCK THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN STANDARD), but you're also restricted to how many rares an mythics you can put in.
>>
>>387611750
>>
Is Magic Digital Next still going to be a thing? The Magic Online client repulses me to no end, it's like it was made for 2001 standards and never updated since.
>>
>>387611496
>search your card for a library, reveal it, and then shuffle your library
>two mana walker to show your opponent there's a card in your deck, then shuffling it away
>>
>>387598324
>hear they're doing an MMO
>it's by Perfect World
WHEN WILL WIZARDS OF THE COAST LEARN?
>>
File: kekmtg.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kekmtg.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>
File: 1454837845501.png (168KB, 619x508px) Image search: [Google]
1454837845501.png
168KB, 619x508px
>>387612345
>wizards
>giving a shit
They essentially have a monopoly on "serious" card games from the west. They can do whatever the fuck they want and make the worst decisions possible and it won't affect them in the slightest because of how large MTG, let alone other things like DnD are. The only competition I have ever actually seen pull players away from it was Force of Will for about a month when Bant CoCo faggotry was running rampant. But then it rotated and everyone went crawling back to Magic.
>>
>>387612680
>Go to a card shop
>They will only carry MtG
>And MAYBE YGO
This shit pisses me off
>>
>>387604043
They buy boosters to draft. Which is a lot of fun, actually.
>>
>>387598324
If these dumb fuckbois just upgraded their client and made some of their shit look polished I'd be all over that and be happy to give them my cash dollar.
>>
>>387613172
Sometimes they have pokemon, and even if they don't have it walmart always does
>>
>>387613824
That is nice. Maybe I'm just mad because I play Bushiroad games and every time I check the store locator, half of them just so happened to have switched to 100% MtG.
>>
File: EmailtoMagic.png (271KB, 2269x1233px) Image search: [Google]
EmailtoMagic.png
271KB, 2269x1233px
Proof read and final draft, anyone want to say something? I do believe I have gotten all their emails.
>>
>>387598324
I would pay a subscription like in an MMO just to be able to play a digital version of draft an unlimited amount of times. I don't even need to keep the cards. Magic is a lot of fun and my favorite card game mechanically, but everything about Wizards' business strategy pisses me off so I don't play.
>>
>>387614783
The exec is gonna dump the email in the trash and filter yours so it's considered spam from now on. They want money, not player satisfaction.
>>
>>387612123
Panglacial Wurm synergy.
>>
>>387614882
From - https://crypticstudios.com/magic
>Experience stunning visuals and sound as we bring Magic to life in this next generation MMORPG. As a Planeswalker, you explore amazing worlds, combat powerful creatures, and meet the legendary beings that shape the fate of the multiverse.
>combat powerful creatures

Urh does this mean we don't just meet other Duelers and have traditional Magic battles?
I hope it doesnt turn into a right click combat fest with a Magic drop back
>>
>>387615320
>Cryptic Studios
What do you think, anon.
>>
>>387610757
Had is the keyword.
They shut them down not too long ago since they maintained them so poorly and basically just told everyone to use leddit instead.
>>
this thread is fucking PATHETIC

>ctrl-f cockatrice
>no results

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/197684-cockatrice-a-free-mtg-client-with-multiplayer
>>
>>387612380
what mod?
>>
>>387616518
It's the 2015 compilation.

https://mega.nz/#!9htwFQbC!SYN2nQ3qznT1_y-pCMqZ2dUf1_jrNIfy17eqto31-4Y

Works great on all modern OS, updated card text and images (randomly will cycle through them each game), up to 2015 rules, intact RPG game as well with all the new cards sprinkled out among some NPCs also.
>>
Why isn't there WH40K online tabletop? I want to play the game but I don't want to waste gorillion dollars on stupid toy soldiers or hang out with smelly fat people
>>
>>387616690
lovely
>>
>>387615659
I was surprised how far I had to scroll to find this. Also the meme about MtG losing physical sales to an electronic option is dumb because they make 0 dollars from cockatrice.
>>
>>387616821
Because they want you to spend money.
>>
>>387617665
People complain about the lack of physical sales when what it really means is less people in America are buying cards since america has the largest community of physical cards.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.