[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFXII is loved, NieR is a successful franchise, a Sonic game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
FFXII is loved, NieR is a successful franchise, a Sonic game has been well-received by the public.... what bizarro timeline are we in
>>
>>387595029
Assuming we get announcement for a new Onimusha, probably the best one.
>>
File: al cid and troupe.jpg (151KB, 632x401px) Image search: [Google]
al cid and troupe.jpg
151KB, 632x401px
>>387595029
FFXII was a game that always should have been loved, because it was directed by Matsuno. Only underage ADHD kids don't like Matsuno games.
>>
>>387595029
>a Sonic game has been well-received by the public
What a bizarre timeline you live in.
>>
>>387595029
Nier was shit though.
>>
>>387595029
>FFXII is loved is a bad thing

get better taste, you memer.
>>
>>387595743
He called it successful, not good.
And before you move the goalposts, automata is an objectively successful game, dev wont shut up about how it basically kept them from going under
>>
>>387595568
Eh, I appreciate XII as a game a whole lot but that doesn't change the act it's fucking boring.
>Main story is a mess, being centered almost exclusively on fantasy politics and too many boring old guy characters with hard to remember names taking center stage.
>The protagonists themselves are too weird, there's almost nothing at stake for Vaan, Penelo, Baltheir, and Fran so there's no tension in the story. Basch and Ashe are just boring and serious all the time with almost no personality whatsoever other than that they are determined.
>Gambit system is only fun and useful in the end game where you're sick of combat anyway and want to play around with all your abilities and commands in an efficient way
>The Licence Board is just a fucking stupid idea all around.
>Not a lot of reason to use anything but staffs, swords, and spears
>Locking Espers to specific characters permanently is just retarded
>Lots of important mechanics aren't properly explained
>Serious difficulty curve spikes with some of the boss fights

There's a shit ton wrong with XII, I could go on. But I still put 100 hours into it and the amount of little details and the absurd length of the main story and side quests is awe inspiring. It baffled me how much of the game I hadn't touched when looked at stuff online.
>>
>>387596697
>Main story is a mess, being centered almost exclusively on fantasy politics and too many boring old guy characters with hard to remember names taking center stage.
Your underage is showing.
>>
>>387596697
>>The protagonists themselves are too weird, there's almost nothing at stake for Vaan, Penelo, Baltheir, and Fran so there's no tension in the story.

Except Vaan's brother Reks being killed for the false flag attack made in Basch's name?

And that Balthier's father is Cid, who is the premier weapons research for the Empire, as well as someone who is trying to backstab the Empire with Venat? The entire game's story revolves around Occuria (of which Venat is one) meddling in human affairs and humanity's response to them. Ashe, Cid, and Vayne all have different plans and responses to nethicite and the Occuria.

>Fran
She's basically a sidekick, so yeah
>>
I really like that by making Occuria fuck off, humanity entered Dark Ages as evident by FFT and especially Vagrant Story.
>>
File: FFTA.jpg (85KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
FFTA.jpg
85KB, 599x600px
>>387597226
>making Occuria fuck off, humanity entered Dark Ages
the real question is, how did all the moogles, nu mou, bangaa, and viera die?
>>
>>387595029
>NieR is a successful franchise
thanks for the kek OP
>>
>>387597760
If Church is as full of assholes as Vagrant Story portrays it and cardinals like Guildenstern were a norm i can totally see them waging a fucking genocide on non-human species.
>>
File: hitler painting 2.jpg (58KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
hitler painting 2.jpg
58KB, 500x532px
>>387597969
dog bless Guildenstern
>>
>>387597760
The most believed theory is that the FFXII protagonists(yeah, THEM) did something and fucked up circa 50 years after the events of the game(see The Cataclysm)
Who knew the Occuria were so important for balance? Lol!
>>
So, have the zodiac braves been at large before FF12? They are well alive and roam the world in FF12 so it would seem the defeats they suffered there were their initial ones.

In FFT for example they say that during the age of St. Ajora, when the Zodiac Braves were free and in the world, airships were crossing the skies so that would seem to fit FF12.

What I'm getting at here is that, I think it's in the final battle of FFT, Altima claims that Ramza was a descendant of "the one who killed her before". That would allow us to trace Ramza's bloodline back to one of the six FF12 main characters. Well five basically since I kind of doubt Franz was an ancestor of Ramza for obvious reasons. Cause Altima is Ultima, the revolver barreled angel you fight in the grand crystal in Giruvegan.

Furthermore, Ramza was a bastard. He had a different mother than the other Beoulve children so the bloodline that originally killed Altima may have been his mother's.
>>
>>387598556
>Inb4 Ashe was the ancestor of Ramza
>>
>>387598556
>Franz

How the fuck did I make that typo?
I meant Fran obviously.
>>
>>387596023
Please stop responding to bait
>>
>>387595568
>because it was directed by Matsuno
But it wasn't, and that's why it's hated.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.