[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys you need to stop caring about whether multiplayer only games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 18

File: IGNorant.jpg (162KB, 892x537px) Image search: [Google]
IGNorant.jpg
162KB, 892x537px
Guys you need to stop caring about whether multiplayer only games have an active palyerbase or not, don't worry about taking hours to find matches or being constantly matched up against the same small pool of die hards that will stomp your shit in and kill any desire to keep playing!
>>
Does anyone still play Brink?
>>
Reason why I rarely play multiplayer. The odds of getting something that's both good and active are just very low these days.
>>
>>387593229
yes, it's a funny complaint, why did you make a thread about it you little turd.
>>
they don't play it because it looks like shit, weak clickbait
>MP only
>dead
>$30
>>
Now if games only had dedicated servers they wouldn't suffer so much from low player counts.
>>
>>387593229
How dare these 3rd party services reveal our low player count and allow consumers an informed purchase decision.
>>
>purchasers shouldn't care if multiplayer-only games have low multiplayer count

How much do people get paid to shill stupid statements like that? That's why you don't buy flavor of the month FPS games. With no SP content and extremely little MP activity you're just as good off wiping your ass with your money and flushing it down the toilet.
>>
File: 1386736667931.png (239KB, 340x386px) Image search: [Google]
1386736667931.png
239KB, 340x386px
>people are seeing our game has no players and would be a bad purchase compared to similar games with more features and players
>should we try to improve in the future and make better games people want to play?
>no fuck that let's blame third parties for letting people know we're crooks
>>
>>387593371
Yes, that's a funny post, why did you make a reply to it you little shitsmear?
>>
>>387593409
Any multiplayer-only or multiplayer-focused game without community servers can eat shit. I don't want to get matchmade with children or some dude who just lost 20 games in a row and is rolling the dice on getting carried again or getting pissed over mic.
>>
What was the pre-release interest like?
>>
File: punished cliffy b.jpg (157KB, 730x519px) Image search: [Google]
punished cliffy b.jpg
157KB, 730x519px
>>387593229
Poor old Cliffster can't catch a break, $29:99 wasn't enough to show you people what a great guy he is? All he's asking is for you to wait a little while
>>
You can have good and fun communities made of few people. Too bad videogame players are kids who only like what's popular.
>>
>>387593698
Well beta was f2p but the numbers there didn't convert well to people willing to pay.
>>
>>387593229
>SteamCharts and SteamSpy are unreliable
That may be so for the people who bought any given title, but you can easily see the number of people actually playing a game directly through Steam at any given moment. In that regard, LawBreakers still isn't pulling in impressive numbers.
>>
>>387593229
So who wants to play some Battleborn then?
>>
>>387593229
>sponsored by Lawbreakers
>>
>>387593229
as someone who still plays the original halo ce i can testify that there is some truth to your statement
>>
I don't like multiplayer in the general sense, so if I'm going to wait around to play a game online enjoy I expect that shit to be instant. Literal perfection.
>no players
>no perfection
>>
>>387593229
>Opinion: Why you should stop focusing on monster counts in Doom.
>>
The person who wrote that article is a fucking shill. They claim that it's still easy to find a match but it's obviously not.
https://www.reddit.com/r/lawbreakers/comments/6uoa09/starting_to_regret_my_purchase/
>>
Spoken like a true idiot who gets his games for free and lives in a population dense area.
I live in Australia. MP games not dying is particularly important for us before we choose to buy. But the Australia point is moot, because no one should be spending money on a MP game that's dead, and trying to claim that information on player counts is misleading or some shit is one the dumbest things I have ever read.
>>
>>387593229
The only content the game has is other players, if the game has a small playerbase it means the matching will be shit and you will either be matched with potato players or jesus aimbot.

No thanks, mutliplayer only = large playerbase or fuck off. If that means you need to make it f2p, then do it.
>>
>>387593715
Tight communities can be hard to break into for new players, especially if there's now a sufficient skill gap between them and the folks that stuck around for day 1. Aside from being a generally shit game Battleborn failed to retain any numbers from the meager f2p weekends and full switch to f2p because new players were getting matched to high/max level people with all characters unlocked, all their gear, map knowledge, etc and getting wrecked. Not many people are willing to stick around for that when there's plenty of other games around.
>>
>Steam spy is unreliable
These mongoloid shills are going all out, I see. First they've tried to sue the based Russian behind Steam Spy, but he told them to suck his dick, now they're just spewing bullshit trying to discredit him, but Steam Spy has become way too well known to be influenced by their Jewish nonsense. Actual devs have officially said multiple times before that Steam Spy is pretty much as accurate as you can get without being the actual publisher, the Jews have no argument:

>Across the dozens of devs and publishers we spoke to, the general consensus was: ‘good enough’. It’s not exact, as Steam Spy itself admits on every game page, giving a ± figure. Around 10% seemed normal

>Sergey Galyonkin, who operates Steam Spy, gave us his exact figures:
>“Steam Spy uses estimates with 98% confidence interval. It means that 2% of games will be [outside] the displayed interval even with the margin of error. It’s also completely inaccurate for small games. Everything under 30K should be discounted as completely inaccurate - the sample size is just not big enough.”

https://www.pcgamesn.com/steam/steam-spy-accuracy-developers
>>
>>387593229
400 gems have been added to your Lawbreakers account!
>>
File: 1481505106005.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481505106005.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>387593229
>why you should

There it is again, quality journalism telling me what I should do or think.
>>
>gaming journalism
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/lawbreakers/comments/6ul9aw/behold_one_of_the_few_times_i_completely_agree/
leddit defense force
>>
>>387593713
There was a time when he called all PC users, thieves because piracy exist.

No one forgot therefore no one cared about his shitty irrelevant game.
>>
>>387594172
Has nothing wrong with it. If you think otherwise you are a Nazi.
>>
so what is this, like the 3rd or 4th OW/TF2 rip off that's failed? Hope more fail until we stop getting this garbage. OW is bad enough, we don't need more games like it.
>>
>>387594180
>Browsing reddit in the first place
>>
File: .jpg (192KB, 445x638px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
192KB, 445x638px
>>387593229
How muh money Cliffy B gave those fuckers to publish that crap?
>>
>>387594238
Multiplayer focused fps games that fail to capture an audience and quickly die have been around for much longer than Overwatch and will continue to appear as long as people think there is money to be made. The success of PUBG has only rejuvenated this trend.
>>
>>387594180
>I normally don't agree with IGN but
Best way to discredit yourself is starting with "I'm one of you guys I swear"
>>
>>387593229

why do lefty cucks hate facts and statistics?
>>
>>387594238
it's SJW Quake
>>
>>387593229
but if you didnt know it had a small player base and bought it its player base would grow, but because everyone knows it's not active it will stay that way.
>>
>People need to stop caring about player count
>Gameplay is in the way of games becoming art
>Bosses are too videogamey
>>
>>387594535
If you buy a dead multiplayer game and it takes you too long to find matches and when it does it hooks you up with high level opponents are you likely to stick with it?
>>
>>387593229
>Still reading IGN
Reminder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgRP5_YKu0
>>
>>387594487
Why do /pol/tards make everything about leftists?
>>
Of course. We should focus on good single player games instead.
>>
>>387594238
They don't understand that "It's not OW I swear" is a defeatist argument.
>>
>>387593229
>another hero shooter crashes and burns
>copying successful games doesn't work in the current year
>gaming fake news sites zapping to the extreme
wew
>>
>>387593229
Now do this with PUBG
>>
>>387594693
Cause it's always a faggy lefty behind everything shit
>>
>>387594180
people defended no mans sky
people will defend anything
>>
File: brink.png (132KB, 729x695px) Image search: [Google]
brink.png
132KB, 729x695px
>>387593297
Enough to fill one or two servers at any given time. Technically still playable.
>>
I get the argument, if people focus on games they like, there's a good chance more decent or better games will have decent player based rather than the high density clusters. It would be healthy for the community.

But...you can't hope to build a city on martyrs, it will always be benefiscial for a consumer to get as much value and ease out of each product.
>>
>>387593229
>People are getting informed on potential longevity of the game
>Can't have any of that, please stop informing yourself
I was thinking of getting lawbreakers, but 1k peak in hottest week for the game really shows that it's going to need good marketing to get it out of this hot pan.
>>
>>387594432
J-JUST
>>
File: 23465342.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
23465342.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>why you should/shouldn't do X and why it's good/bad for you
Is this the absolute state of modern journalism?
>>
>>387594907
>Enough to fill one or two servers
Assuming they're in the same region.
>>
Large playerbase:
Lots of people to match against, good chance of a match vs similar skill level players.

Low playerbase:
You vs an esports champion and a little 6 year old girl.
>>
>>387595203
Or in the case of some games: You vs the developer's multiple idle clients
>>
File: 1501326988468.jpg (164KB, 1200x504px) Image search: [Google]
1501326988468.jpg
164KB, 1200x504px
Should have save some shilling money for the actual game.
>>
>>387595203
This. This is the biggest issue with low player count multiplayer pvp only games.
>>
>>387595320
>paying people to play your shite
fucking howling
>>
>there is already damage control for the failed diversity hero shootwr
>>
I play the game which had like 100-300 players at release, now it has minimally high 500s, up to over one thousand.
>>
>>387595168
Given the way that scale fluctuates all over the place over the course of each day, they're probably spread out globally. Most of the time there are 6 or so people online.

Comparatively, that's the reason why I passed on getting KOF XIV on Steam. It drops to absolute ZERO in North American prime time, but jumps up to 200-300 at around this time of the day every day. Presumably it has a following in East Asia where now would be prime time, but no following in the west. I'd probably have to get it for PS4 if I wanted good online connections.
>>
>>387595203
>matchmaking does not matter!
>buy game goys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD3gHRPblss
>>
>>387595320
>After sponsorship ended
>Streamers stopped playing it

Really a great sign of a good quality game
>>
>don't play this game
>why
>no one's playing it
>why
>because no one's playing it
>why
>because I told them not to play it
>why
>because no one's playing it
Really gets my noggin jogging
>>
>>387595585
It's funny how that didn't happen with Overwatch or PUBG.
>>
>>387595426
I play an mmo with 200 - 800 players.
>>
>>387595728
people still tried to shitpost PUBG to death by saying it was gonna be a flavor of the month game and no one would play it after, just because you shoot someone and he doesn't die it doesn't mean guns aren't deadly
>>
>>387595585
>don't play this game
>why
>it's shit
if it looked good people would buy it anyway
>>
>>387595585
Yeah, it's almost as if betting your entire game's success on it's ability to gain massive amounts of players within the week of release is a risky endevour.
Why the fuck would anyone invest their time and money into game that they won't be able to play three months from now?
>>
>>387595728
Clearly Nazi's are targetting Cliffy B's games.
>>
>>387595728
Well Blizzard gets a player base on release just for being blizzard, plus their marketing was real good. PUBG got the same playerbase that has been hopping between battle royale games for last five years.

Lawbreakers gets the arena fps playerbase (which is like 3000 people total world wide) minus everyone who were playing Quake Champions which leaves them with like -1000 players.
>>
>>387595728
Overwatch was marketed heavily with the full weight of ActiBlizzard behind it to make tons of sales and create a large playerbase off the bat.

I honestly have no idea how PUBG got as big as it has. Streamers I guess?
>>
>>387595858
The difference is that while /v/ was shitposting about how PUBG will fail people with friends were getting their friends to play it with them.
>>
>>387595858
Further proof that that poster was wrong. You can shitpost about a game being dead and dying all you want. If people are hyped for a multiplayer game, they'll get it. If they're not, they won't. Spend more on marketing if you want to try to break into an oversaturated market.
>>
I've played on wow servers with only 2-3 active guilds. It obviously meant almost no pvp but you also knew everyone on the server and it had some healthy competition.
It all depends on the type of game. I won't care who I'm up against when I play some casual Jedi Academy Multiplayer but if the game is meant to be "hardcore" pvp where skill matters it can be a problem. Played Awesomenauts and had like 100 hours and I was being matched against Niki, the number 1 player . Those were not fun matches
>>
>>387593229
It depends on the game. I havent downloaded bad company 2 because I'm legitimately concerned it's dead. But the red orchestra rising storm series I know will always have players and servers up.
>>
>>387596064
Fair point I guess
>>
>>387595960
Have they even pushed Lawbreakers?
I've only heard it mentioned 2 places total, one on a news website and another on a youtube video but not seen it get the push to the wider audience.

Only got themselves to blame if people don't know the game exists and the game dies before it gets running cause of a lack of players.
>>
>>387596049
PUBG is big for the same reason TF2, H1Z1, CSGO, DOTA2 and a few other most played Steam games are big.
Marketable items you can get just by playing the game for a while each day. Unlike everything else where cards and items drop to 0.03 one week after release, many items dropped in those top games stay in the several dollar range.
>>
Well, you shouldn't worry about player counts. This can't be a controversial opinion. UT2k4 certainly isn't sporting day 1 numbers but it doesn't make it any less excellent.

The Resident Evil Outbreak fan server averages about 8 people at a time and its great as well.
>>
>>387596218
You know all these games (except maybe H1Z1, I don't know anything about that game) were really popular before the steam marketplace, right?
>>
>>387596191
Lawbreakers has been in development for years. It was Bazinga's passion project. Formerly called BlueStreak.

https://www.polygon.com/2015/6/24/8803103/the-road-to-bluestreak-cliff-bleszinski-on-his-mysterious-new-project
>>
>>387595386
Alri
>>
>>387596323
I know what it is, I read some of his comments about it. It didn't sell it to me, but has there being any marketing that isn't some articles on game websites and sponsoring some streamers?
>>
Is this a battleborn thread?
>>
>>387593229
Playing unpopular games is for losers. I personally don't touch anything unless it's top 3 on Twitch.

Who else LoL, PUBG and Hearthstone Master Race?
>>
>>387593229
The problem is how people call games "dead" when they're far from it. People always call GGXrd dead when brought up with fighting games but on PS3/4 atleast i have no trouble finding shit tons of people and i can go a entire day without playing the same person if i want to. KOF14 is kinda the same outside of the very atrocious hours like 4am to 6am area.

People call games dead because they have 1/4th the size but the size is still lively. Just because a game isn't filled with the lowest of the low shitters doesn't mean it isn't filled with plenty of low level to high level people.
>>
>>387593316
There are too many fucking multiplayer games these days. On PS2 you could count the online multiplayer games on your fingers. Now its easier to count the games WITHOUT online.
>>
>>387594432
Lawbreakers isn't as shit gameplay wise as Battleborn but they are alot alike.
>Unlikable character
>Said characters are all ugly as shit
>Aesthetic of the games are both dog shit
>LOLCLASSBASEDTEAMBASED nonsense

Both games are just so fucking ugly it hurts.
>>
>>387593229
Dead games don't get updates. Case closed.
>>
>>387594003
I clicked through that subreddit just to see and you're right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lawbreakers/comments/6uljkf/aus_servers_dead/

I know it's Aus but this game came out weeks ago I cannot believe this.
>>
>>387593229
I actually like this. Multiplayer games are in a good spot right now since everyone has been burned at some point and have started looking before they leap.

It's no longer enough to haphazardly squirt out a shitty multiplayer, maybe sprinkle in some playerbase splitting DLC, and call it a day. Games that want continued tail-end sales, even when they have a great stonking single player campaign included, have to fucking work for it. They need to foster a community, be it niche or big, and keep things positive by actually pulling their finger out of their ass and putting some effort into the game before, during and after release.
>>
>>387594003
>>387594180
>>387596607
use redditors need to stick together, Let me go give you guys upvotes and community gold stamps to recognize how you saved video games
>>
>>387596443
>The problem is how people call games "dead" when they're far from it.
This 100%.
And if the game actually becomes 'unplayable' because there are like 5k players, then that's entirely the devs fault for crafting a system that only works with a large playerbase.
If a game isn't Hearthstone or League tier, it's considered dead.
Meanwhile, here I am still getting matches in black ops 1 just fine, or hopping into gw1 and still seeing plenty of people around.
>>
File: Leo.jpg (76KB, 678x590px) Image search: [Google]
Leo.jpg
76KB, 678x590px
>>387593229
>The problem is that most of these people have likely never played the game
Isn't that basically their point?
>>
>>387596742
thats why you dont have friends
>>
>>387596937
please understand meta ironic humor. It is modern day entertainment and if you don't follow this trend you will be left behind feeling old and out of the spin of things.
>>
>>387597031
>please understand meta ironic humor
sorry meant for >>387596742
>>
>>387597031
Ironic shitposting is what ruined this place. It made idiots think they were in good company.
Fucking stop posting faggot.
>Muh modern current year memes
Fuck you.
>>
File: 1351032334813.jpg (251KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1351032334813.jpg
251KB, 960x640px
>>387594667
He is actually right, why should you change your product just because some retards didnt liked it?
Dont buy it them, or get a refund, no one is stopping you from doing that, but why you should bitch online about it? dont you have a life so you spend your free time making angry baby noises on internet forums?
>>
>>387593229
OPINION: Why you should stop focusing on gamers in general so much
>>
File: heyboi.png (24KB, 770x208px) Image search: [Google]
heyboi.png
24KB, 770x208px
>>387597056
?
>>387597103
fuck you leather head, where are the video games
>>
Its a shame LawBreakers got shafted, it seemed a competent shooter that was trying some new things.

Still won't pay 30 bucks for a ded game though.
>>
File: 1501633229670.png (501KB, 633x473px) Image search: [Google]
1501633229670.png
501KB, 633x473px
>>387597124
>>
>>387597124
>Buy product based on promises of developers
>Product didn't deliver
>Don't buy it then

OK
>>
>>387597175
>>387596742
>>387597031
samefag
>>
File: and.png (22KB, 786x239px) Image search: [Google]
and.png
22KB, 786x239px
>>387597275
your point?
>>
Honestly, why do so many decent games sell so poorly, or rather why do they get no marketing at all? I just found out like yesterday that the sequel to Chivalry came out in like May, and I had no fucking idea even though I'm a big fan of Chivalry. They even had free weekends and shit. And now that game is dead.
>>
File: 1313241510545.jpg (23KB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
1313241510545.jpg
23KB, 336x229px
>>387595090
>journalism turned into clickbait "articles" in your lifetime
>>
>>387596607
Aus is always good to 'measure' how popular a game is. If there's no Aus community; it's fucking dead. If it actually reaches here, probably alright.
>>
>"hard facts"
lmao what

Are they not hard facts?
>>
>>387597665
it was always clickbait, even before the internet
>>
>>387597339
see >>387597031
>>
File: yes.png (17KB, 774x176px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
17KB, 774x176px
>>387597768
yes?
>>
>>387597551
I don't know, and it's not even small studios. I found out the sequel to Mirror's Edge came out like a year after it did.
>>
>>387597675
>aussies think they're the center of the world again
zzz
>>
>>387597748
My lifetime includes the pre-internet era.
>>
File: 1414614232558.jpg (24KB, 455x427px) Image search: [Google]
1414614232558.jpg
24KB, 455x427px
>>387597829
>>
Why does everyone hate Lawbreakers? Isn't it a quick arena shooter? I thought /v/ loved those
>>
>>387593229
>giving this much of a shit about multiplayer

Millennials were a mistake, once more
>>
>>387597906
No "/v/" now loves PUBG.
>>
File: 2016-08-31-15-05-19.png (675KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-31-15-05-19.png
675KB, 720x960px
>>387597875
thank you for the (You)s
>>
>>387597840
>do a handstand in australia
>you're holding up the world
What now cunt?
>>
>>387597837
>>387597551
it's because the industry as a whole is so saturated. too many games, too many of them being shit as well.

instead of these people constantly fighting to get the same markets and do the same things, they SHOULD try and do something different to stand out. The same cartoony multiplayer FPS with microstransactions up the ass is heavilty saturated, along with MOBAs.
>>
>>387597906
>liking cliffy b garbo
I thought this fag retired anyway.
>>
>>387597906
No one forgot he called the fanbase he's trying to sell to a bunch of thieves for the notion that piracy exist in the broadest generalization and said he would never make games for PC.
>>
>>387594693
Game journalists tend to be leftist and the psychology behind the article in the OP is the same kind they employ in political and social spheres.
>>
>>387598371
well Lawbreakers can't be pirated so he can't even blame that now lmfao
>>
>>387594535
>if you didn't know you would buy a multiplayer only game with no players and would have wasted your money!
I guess it's a good thing I did know then.
>>
>>387593229
it's dumb not to focus on player count when you had people upset it wasn't going to xbox and the justification was the ps4's install base.

I honestly think being on xbox would've helped the game perform better on all platforms, but regardless it's a multiplayer only game so a player count is pretty important to it and it's something that was talked about heavily prior to release so the conversation continuing isn't bad.
>>
>>387593229
>matched up against the same small pool of die hards that will stomp your shit in and kill any desire to keep playing!
>I need someone worse than me to gain satisfaction!
How about you git gud
>>
>>387597906
It's a hero based team shooter. Hero's have abilities and shit.
It's M rated Overwatch, basically. So no, us old arena shooter fags were not hyped for it in the slightest.
>>
>>387598371
lmao the fuck that is not the case at all. I guess you'd like it to be, for some sort of vengeance fantasy against Clifford, but nobody actually cares what one stupid faggot said years back. The game is just not spectacular.
>>
I don't even buy multiplayer games because, even if they're active on release, they effectively come with an expiration date.
>>
>>387593229
>Buy mp only game
>Cant get into a game because nobody's playing
Money well spent, anyone who complains about this is retarded
>>
>>387597906
Because hero shooter, Cliffy B, p2p, multiplayer only.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.