[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT - Obscure games you're looking forward to next year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 37

File: sddefault.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
ITT - Obscure games you're looking forward to next year

>Pic is Suda51's 25th Ward: The Silver Case
>>
No clue. Silver Case Thread. Is it any good? DLing it right now.
>>
The game is gonna come out in japanese first, which is kind of worrying (what if they deem a translation not worth the hassle?).

I've been also looking for the original mobile game for years with no luck. I can't believe no nip bothered to dump the java file.
>>
>>387588872
I'm biased because I obsess over practically all Suda games but I after i finished it I was really satisfied with what I paid for it.

Definitely one of the most unique VNs out there aesthetically and narrative wise. If you like absurd humour mixed with deep convoluted plot-lines about evil capitalism, corruption and greed than this is the game for you.
>>
I don't get it, is this new Suda game?
>>
>>387589113
Suda probably wouldn't abandon his western fans as he's done an interview mentioning how he found a way to make the translation for the Silver Case happen much more easily and will probably be using the same translators for this game.
>>
>>387588740
The Last Night. Don't care if it's gonna be shit, I just need more cyberpunk.
>>
>>387588740
same, can't wait for this or the flower sun and rain remake that will hopefully follow

>>387589246
it's a remake of a 2005 mobile phone exclusive sequel to the silver case
>>
>>387589246

It's Silver Case 25 Wards, a sequel to Silver Case (already released on Steam and PS4), which was Suda's first game as a solo developer during the PlayStation days. The available english release is a remaster.

This new game 25 Wards is a remake of a lost game for old japanese flip phones. It's the very definition of a obscure videogame since nobody but subscribers to a game service in Japan during the mid 2000's got to play it in their mobile devices, and there's no dump of it on the internet as far as I know.

I doubt anyone cared about mobile game preservation back then. Most probably don't care to this day.
>>
>>387589418
>>387589462
Alright, that's cool. But is it any good?
>>
>>387589418
more likely to get a Killer 7 remake or NMH hd collection for the 20th anniversary of grasshopper manufacture

FSR wasn't well received by the public and they would barely break even.

Also who knows what that switch panel was teasing that concept Travis photo..
>>
>>387589561

Nobody knows, but playing the first game available on Steam/PS4 should give you an idea.

You can also try to read archived japanese forums to see what the very few people who played it thought about it.

This anon summed up the first game nicely: >>387589164
>>
>>387589561
yeah, and weird as hell

>>387589630
apparently the japanese like FSR though so there might be a chance, and I highly doubt capcom will let killer7 HD happen
>>
>>387589630

The Travis Switch game is probably a deathmatch-focused action game including Grasshopper characters and guests from Suda's favorite indie developers.

Sounds like I'm talking out of my ass, but I'm only putting together the parts based on interviews. My initial suspects regarding playable characters and guests so far include Danganronpa, Hotline Miami and Read Only Memories.
>>
There were 2 moments which made me fall in love with the Silver Case:
>doing the 100 question kumite
>stressed as fuck
>missing a lot of correct answers
>it's finally over, I don't think I've passed this
>and the game tells me this:
>get yourself some flowers
>go wash your soul clean
>there are no points in our job
>you did great
>you did just great

and the second moment
>Placebo chapter about the killed kid
>every time the main character sends an email, there's a confirmation message saying "email sent"
>this time he's writing an email to his ex
>how beautiful she is, how good she's handling talking to kids, how the sun shone on her hair etc
>suddenly the email window closes and MC goes on with his life
>there was no confirmation message this time
It was a really small detail, but once I realized what happened, it felt really powerful.
>>
>>387589462
> Silver Case (already released on Steam

I'm interested, there are choices and gameplay bits or it's a 100% visual novel?
>>
>>387589901

To be frank, it's more like a Visual Novel meets a Walking Simulator.

It's linear, has some puzzles, but nothing will change the story or make you lose. You only make it move forward.
>>
>>387589901
there's some puzzle solving and exploration, though it's not too complicated. no branching paths or different endings, though.
>>
>>387590013
>>387590112
I'm ok with that, I'm here for Suda's direction like anyone else, but I prefer knowing that from the get-go.
>>
Also, speaking of 25 Ward: does anyone have any idea of what music genre is present the trailer? I've been intrigued since the reveal, and it's probably the only Akira Yamaoka music piece I've been interested in since Silent Hill 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOpeGO_vC7U

Just 40 seconds but it's so good. I hope 25 Ward sounds like this.
>>
>>387588740
those hitboxes are pretty fucked
>>
>>387589847
I'd be down for that 100%

Kind of a shame Let It Die was such a let down for me personally. Hopefully he's learnt his lesson from FTP games and doesn't flood it with micro-transactions.

Also additional characters I'd love to see in the roster from indie/weird games would be
- Francis York Morgan
- 2B or A2 from Nier but very unlikely
>>
>>387590213
Check out Masafumi Takada who did the first soundtrack for the Silver Case and Killer 7

they both have similar styles
>>
>>387590297

Try to look mostly inside his circle of friends, like basically anyone who worked with him at Human (almost everyone at Spike Chunsoft right now), Swery65 (though DP's rights belong to another company), Devolver Digital, Dennaton, MidBoss, Playism...

Don't ask me how I know all this, I'm already considering putting a restraining order on myself before Suda51 does it himself.
>>
>>387590420
it's too bad that takada doesn't work with grasshopper anymore, I love yamaoka but he's not really a good replacement
>>
>>387588740
>episodic sequel

Because we all know how well those turn out.
>>
>>387590551
>didn't even finish D4
>Starts a new game
>>
>>387590487

I think there's bad blood between Takada and Suda.

>The original staff of the Silver Case reunites and even make a tour through several events
>Takada is absent from all of this
>Silver Case PC is released
>The physical soundtrack doesn't even mention Takada
>They try their hardest to attribute the soundtrack to Akira Yamaoka
>he's even in the photos of the original staff reunited (Suda, Miyamoto, Ooka)
>Takada's website only mentions Grasshopper games in some obscure submenu, most of the featured work is danganronpa.

It's very fascinating and I wish I could ask Takada himself what the fuck happened.
>>
>>387590773
He left access games.
>>
>>387590487
There's certainly worse replacements but Masashi Hamauzu is another who could probably make it work if he collaborated with Yamaoka even if it was out of his comfort zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSZkbSpnpYg

>>387590472
yeah it was wishful thinking but that's ultimately what will happen definitely

>>387590551
it was one of my favourite games that year but it was never finished because of health issues so unless Suda51 has a stroke we'll be fine
>>
File: 1448817459185.jpg (190KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448817459185.jpg
190KB, 1280x800px
>>387588740
>Some other anons know what the fuck this is
Good to know, I tried starting a thread when the trailer first came out, no one cared.

Recently played through FSR, it's unironically fantastic, but I don't know if I would recommend it to everyone.

>>387590813
It's a shame too, Killer7 is probably one of the best OSTs around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFtVf17QiBY
>>
>>387591110
The true Suda51 fans are very few in number. Nothing against his casual fans (not that there are THAT many), but only a handful of his followers truly like his pre-no more heroes works.
>>
>>387590892
oops i was thinking of Shoji Meguro actually, the one who did the nocturne OST

https://youtu.be/ts660p8B9cA?list=RDts660p8B9cA
>>
>>387589881
Honestly I think one of my favourite 'moments' of Silver Case are the cutaways to Sumio and Kusabi on a stakeout during one chapter and just shooting the shit, talking about who Kusabi owes money to and so forth.
It's quality banter.
>>
Transmitter and Placebo have goddamn great endings. Both Fuck off and Lend me 50 000 yen.
>>
>>387590472
BTW, what is Swery65 doing, new project, new D4 episode, something else?
>>
>>387591405

Meguro and Takada are similar but we all know Meguro's style is lacking that particular edge from Takada's work.

Meguro is like, more smooth and vanilla, Takada is pretty much what stylish murder sounds like.

But Yamaoka has been doing great work lately, the extra chapters featured new music by him and if that's how 25 ward is gonna sound consider me fucking hype.

I'll miss this tune though, I don't think I'll ever hear it in context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poeaj2yvFgA
>>
File: spectrumsumiokusabi.gif (288KB, 160x240px) Image search: [Google]
spectrumsumiokusabi.gif
288KB, 160x240px
>>387591439

Seconded, it's also my favorite moment from the game.

It really gave the next chapter a lot of weight, as Parade wouldn't have been as good without it.
>>
File: 1463667100770.png (472KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1463667100770.png
472KB, 1680x1050px
>>387591565
I just hope that whatever is going on doesn't ruin the OST for Killer7 HD, should it ever happen, as at least Suda51 has expressed interest in it.
>>
Why the hell isn't The Silver Case more popular? It's an amazing game.

It's niche as fuck, but I'd expect the weirdness to be a positive to most.
>>
>>387591545

I haven't looked into it, but he's making a new game called The Good Life. It's about a photographer who goes into a town where people turn into cats during the night.

He says it's an RPG, but I'm yet to see gameplay. It's gonna be crowdfunded at Fig.
>>
>>387591732

It doesn't have much in the way of memes. Games these days survive by word of mouth, and if the game doesn't have meme-worthy moments then it won't spread like wildfire.

It basically died because it's not le quirky xD like every single game post-No More Heroes.
>>
File: 20170322_224044.jpg (807KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170322_224044.jpg
807KB, 3264x1836px
>tfw you bought the limited edition
>>
>>387591685

Well they didn't touch the music in the Silver Case remaster, and Capcom has the right to the original K7 music afaik, so I wouldn't worry about that.
>>
>>387591873

I waited so long for this and the package felt kind of cheap compared to the limited edition for PS4.
>>
>>387589418
>flower sun and rain remake
I don't think a game about relationship between the game and the player and why you even play videogames which is explored by severely limiting you to the point of absursity and making everything as unfun as humanly possible with occasional mocking from the game itself would be popular enough.

FSR is a great game with lots of memorable moments, but you won't ever make me replay it even if you threaten me with a loaded gun to my head.
>>
>>387591565
that was leaked in 2009 as well..
such a shame too because i constantly replay it..

also agree with your points about meguro lacking with that finesse and style takada brings

>>387591739
This wasn't exactly what I was hoping for but who knows it's Swery65 it'll probably be darker than we're anticipating so I'm definitely gonna donate for this White Owl project.
>>
>>387591961

Tbh I wish they'd remake the game because the music in the DS version sucks and I don't know enough moon to play the PS2 original, which has the GOAT tracks.
>>
File: 200626-BeamKatana-Header.jpg (70KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
200626-BeamKatana-Header.jpg
70KB, 620x400px
>>387589847
In one interview Suda said that for Grasshopper's 20 year anniversary he's thinking of going around studios and telling them to just lend him one character instead of sending him flowers or greeting cards. He mentioned wanting Prinny and Monokuma.
>>
Real talk, can you even call FSR 'poorly designed' by conventional standards? Does that criticism really still apply when it's clear that the game is pulling a lot of the shit it's pulling absolutely on purpose?
>>
File: 1328887344193.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1328887344193.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>387588740
>Silver Case continuation

When was this announced?
>>
>>387591984

I play that song all the time as well dude.

My relationship with the Silver Case was crazy before the remaster's release actually. I would constantly watch japanese playthroughs, seek for info in that one Grasshopper fansite, basically trying to understand what I was looking at, and even downloaded a jp ISO but I don't even know the language so I got stuck in the first mission.

All of that in a stretch that lasted almost a decade.

It got to the point I decided to make a spiritual successor, or at least a successor to its stylish visuals and presentation/atmosphere, then the game actually came out in english and loved it.

I don't have that pressure anymore to make a spiritual successor, but I'm still working on it anyway. I feel like Suda51 dropped the ball by not following up on unusual, cheaply made adventure games, so I feel like picking it up.
>>
>>387592354
>I feel like Suda51 dropped the ball by not following up on unusual, cheaply made adventure games, so I feel like picking it up.
It's all just character action games now, and it's a real goddamn shame. We need the same Suda who made shit like Killer7 back. Problem is that I don't think Grasshopper is small enough to get away with a title like that or FSR or The Silver Case anymore.
>>
>>387592313
a while ago man, i made several threads about it and no one gave a single fuck until now

>>387592354
interesting, care to reveal some rough plot details and the setting?
>>
>>387592198

Yeah that's one of the interviews that made me see the writing on the wall.

"I want to work with Devolver/Dennaton!" + "Travis is back in a battle royale game!" + "I want my friends to lend me their characters!" makes things pretty obvious to the sharp Suda fan.
>>
>>387588740
Fuck you. you had to make this thread when i'm gonna sleep
I beat The Silver Case today and it was great, i'm not sure if i should replay it or replay FSR
>>
>>387592438

They can always brand those games as made by a small label within Grasshopper, just like EA has a brand for its indie developers.

>>387592452

Paranormal investigation in a small Shenmue-esque town. You'll probably know about it next year. It will evoke the feel of a PSX game.
>>
>>387592472
>"Travis is back in a battle royale game!"
Isn't that a mistranslation though?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCotFfxRlUc
>>
>>387592697

The mistranslation was that the game is No More Heroes 3 and not just a game including Travis.
>>
File: jackie chan sees this thread.jpg (36KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
jackie chan sees this thread.jpg
36KB, 400x261px
>>387592452
Well fuck, this is news to me. Enjoyed playing SC even though I hardly knew what was going on until the end part and even thats debatable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hhpw0QpcUE

best theme
>>
>>387592727
Nah, I mean the part about it being a battle royale game focused on deathmatches. The live translator and the subtitles go in completely different directions near the end there.
>>
>>387592645
>Paranormal investigation in a small Shenmue-esque town. You'll probably know about it next year. It will evoke the feel of a PSX game.
What the fuck? That sounds great
>>
>>387592832
I prefer this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7o4A95g2cE
>>
>>387592835

Yeah I get what you meant. I mostly said "battle royale" making a reference to his comments of the game being a crossover, and that it will be like Shoot Style Wrestling vs Hardcore Wrestling.

Honestly, his description of the concept makes me think of Anarchy Reigns.
>>
>>387592832
Try again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvb5yFTPq_8
>>
This is one of my favorites, sadly not included in the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHhGAsPayJY
>>
>>387592953
Oh, gotcha.

Whatever it is I'm really looking forward to hearing more about it. Can't believe it's been ten years since he wrote and directed a game. I still enjoyed NMH2 a lot, but him not being at the helm was strongly felt.
>>
>>387592923

The current scope is quite ambitious, but whatever we end up doing at the end will follow those basic guidelines.
>>
>tried making TSC thread few weeks ago
>no replies
Also, i love case/report select music: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RRPSCXoljkM
>>
File: City Shrouded in Shadow.jpg (458KB, 2048x1267px) Image search: [Google]
City Shrouded in Shadow.jpg
458KB, 2048x1267px
>>387588740
City Shrouded in Shadow
The Lost Child (El Shaddai Creator)
Moons of Madness
Rogue Trooper Redux
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
Scorn
White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

Some of them probably aren't 2018.
>>
>code vein
>the witch and the hundred knight 2 english
>>
>>387593186

This is true. I remember inserting the game disc with the excitement of a 5 year old, but feeling like something was "off" despite being objectively a better game than the first.

Suda just gives his games a very particular feel that cannot be described. His successors, namely Guarini (Shadows of the Damned, no longer at grasshopper) and Hideyuki Shin (killer is dead, let it die, still in the company) do crazy shit, but it's not the same crazy shit Suda does.
>>
>>387588740
Damn son, you relieved my faith that /v/ isn't that garbage after all
Suda51 is the only one japanese developer I can think of that still delivering, even after all GhM fuckups that he didn't really directed, like, every game after NMH1
>>
>>387590551
It's finished game with episodes, you dumbfuck
>>
>>387593278

Do you think City Shrouded in Shadow will get a localisation?

Namco is localizing everything under the sun but this one sounds hard to pull it off.
>>
>>387593442
I'm no expert but it seems like way too much effort between multiple license holders for too little reward. At least there's Disaster Report 4.
>>
>>387593442
They'll probably do some shit like with Gundam Breaker 3 - asian version with english subtitles
Atleast I hope so
>>
>>387589113
I met the translator at a con in Tokyo. They're working on tne English translation ATM.

I know that sounds fake but it was but summit in Tokyo, if you don't believe me
>>
>>387593596

I believe you don't worry. Bitsummit is a smol event and it's not surprising.

Do you have any other juicy details though?
>>
>>387593278
my nigga, looking forward to all of these

>>387593442
highly doubt it most of the early concepts for this game were scrapped so translation would be really sloppy and they wouldn't have the budget
>>
I don't get one thing. Why did Tetsu killed the boss?
>>
>>387593653
>>387593546

Time to learn moon then. Hopefully they do the asian english workaround.

By the way, in case anyone knows japanese in this thread: you should try to look for a dump of the original Silver Case 25 Ward for mobile in the JP internet. Somebody surely has done that... right?
>>
>>387589113
>I can't believe no nip bothered to dump the java file.
Because it's not java, it was on some of theirs "cool asian smartphones"
>>
>>387593790

Don't you remember?

Boss said "it can't be helped."

I actually don't know either, I just assumed it was that and moved on.
>>
>>387593596
Its it the same guy who worked on the TSC?
>>
>>387593987

I really hope so. I enjoyed the over the top profanities in the game, it gave it a very charming edge similar to old Yakuza movies.
>>
File: IMG_2851.jpg (363KB, 1134x1134px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2851.jpg
363KB, 1134x1134px
Let's be friends, Suda fans are cool.
>>
File: img_4.jpg (48KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
img_4.jpg
48KB, 520x390px
>>387594425
Let's
>>
>>387594105
Yaa so many reviews complain about the excessive swearing but they clearly didn't get the references like you mentioned that inspired that type of dialogue
>>
>>387594425
I'm all up for that. All I could find of Suda fans were a coupla dead forums.

I even made a video to praise The Silver Case, but hardly anyone was interested.
>>
>>387591439
>just ask someone at HQ for the money
>Fuck no
>Sumio proceeds to use the radio to ask if someone at HQ wants to loan the damn 50.000 yen
Kek, fucking horse races and sumio
>>
This game has one of the most loveable cast of characters I've seen.

And it's all down to them being as flawed and fucked up as they are.
>>
File: IMG_3160.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3160.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>387594523
>>
>>387593892
Barely any Jap played it, I have the scripts of the game but a Jap dumping AND sharing? Nope, you can't even find some Shin Megami Tensei mobile games, let alone 25 Wards.
>>
File: 20161008123721_1.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161008123721_1.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
>>387594803
>>
File: 1498429254220.gif (1000KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498429254220.gif
1000KB, 500x500px
>>387594937
>"Boss, don't use our real names"
Goddamn it
>>
>>387594876

Figured as much. So much shit lost in the mobile landscape. Not even the very few good games got to be preserved.

Can you imagine finding a working flip phone with 25 ward installed? That'd be crazy.
>>
File: 1463662217253.gif (1MB, 197x200px) Image search: [Google]
1463662217253.gif
1MB, 197x200px
>>387594425
Absolutely.

>>387594520
Link that shit.
>>
File: 1353737553419.jpg (11KB, 118x132px) Image search: [Google]
1353737553419.jpg
11KB, 118x132px
>>387595123
Couldn't sleep all night, already 9am and here I am laughing like a maniac after reading your quote and remembering the whole thing. Thanks anon
>>
>>387595184
On top of that
>sharing with the chance of gringos getting their hands on it
>>
>>387594751
The writing in the early Grasshopper stuff is unironically actually pretty solid.
Despite the surreallness of many of their circumstances and overall mysterious natures, the characters of Silver Case and FSR and most of Killer7 still have some human quality to them that comes through in the dialogue.
Helps that it seems like whoever they hired to translate Silver Case seemed to know what it was he was doing. There were a series of blog posts the translator made before release where he talked about how he had actually lived in Japan in the 90s and that helped to give him the context for a faithful translation.
>>
Since the lord gathered about ten people in this thread to talk suda games we should find a way to keep the flame alive beyond this thread's lifespan.

>>387595123

This is part of what made the game so memorable. The dark humor was on point and made you care about the characters.
>>
>>387588740
>There will never be a Lollipop Chainsaw sequel.
>>
>>387595643
I wanted to like it more but it felt like it was trying too hard, kinda like Boderlands but less obnoxious.
>>
File: 4yaLYGRZ0zc.jpg (165KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4yaLYGRZ0zc.jpg
165KB, 768x1024px
>>387595184
>>387595303
>tfw someone is that fucking lucky
>>
I feel like Kamuidrome really got the feel of the Internet
>two dumb teenagers who think they "got it" and think they can change the world, even though every character comments on their bullshit
>absence of any sort of lasting effect even from the horrible events in the media
>general feel of IRC
>literal "say that to my face and not online and see what happens"
>>
>>387593596
>>387593649
Yes it's the same guy. He's got a small team.
No other juicy secrets though. I got Suda's autograph though
>>
File: IMG_0012.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0012.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>387595850
Pic related, suda's autograph
>>
>>387593987
See
>>387595850
>>
>>387595830
The couple's "transformation" from normal people to whatever they were wearing and that face paint was fucking weird though
>>
>>387595754
Jesus fucking christ anon.
>>
>>387595830
oldman
running the world
>>
>>387595850
Lucky. I have Killer7 and FSR physical copies I would like to have signed one day.
Any idea if he ever plans to come to PAX Australia? I would buy my first ticket to it just to see whatever panel he's at.
>>
>>387595895
I'm jelly.
>>
>>387596069
I'm going to TGS during business days and I really hope I get to meet him, though I'm kinda scared he will think I'm creepy.

I just admire him too much ;_;
>>
>>387594876
>you can't even find some Shin Megami Tensei mobile games
Don't even remind me of that
I'm still pissed they even took the Imagine servers down
>>
>>387595895
so jealous, i'm afraid if i ever see suda51 IRL i'll forget any japanese i know from anxiety and just sit on my knees worshipping him
>>
>>387596243
At least there is a chance of making the game work somehow with private servers.

There is no way in hell to play the old mobage unless you have a working flip phone with the game installed.
>>
>>387596304
I got to meet Koji Igorashi too. I have a pic with him, that I won't post here. He was wearing a cowboy hat and carried a katana.
Supposedly Kojima attended, but I never saw him. Same with Aonuma.
>>
>>387596439
I think Kojima is too much of a diva to walk around a small indie event.
>>
>>387596243
>>387596324
Someone managed to get that Soul Hackers probably not Canon sequel, P2 EP kinda sequel and I think P1 mobile too and translated on YouTube. At least we have that, 25 Wards on the other hand...
>>
File: NMH-B.png (921KB, 732x628px) Image search: [Google]
NMH-B.png
921KB, 732x628px
How much would you pay for a copy of NMH&NMH toilet paper roll& pre-order bonus beam katana keychain? Asking for a friend, haha
>>
>>387596671
This was so sad. A friend told me almost nobody attended that day.
>>
>>387596594
One of the workers told me that, is all.
And for the sake of bragging rights, I also met the Devs of Owlboy, some GameFreak devs, and some Atlus translators. Shit was dope. I was in Japan with my university and basically happened upon Bitsummit and trolled around inside for about an hour and a half.
>>
>>387596854
It looks like the perfect event for networking. I wish I could have gone, but next year will have to do.
>>
>>387596924
I intend to go back. Screen cap this for 2018 bitsummit /v/ meet up
>>
>>387596985
>/v/ card to Suda
>>
>>387596671
This might've sold like hotcakes in the west (might have)
>>
File: 1477336571854.png (35KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1477336571854.png
35KB, 300x170px
>>387595895
>>
File: 1503104113663.jpg (23KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1503104113663.jpg
23KB, 500x377px
>>387589113

Suda loves his western fans. So im pretty sure it will be translated.

Mfw never missed a suda game.. Even the microland one.
>>
>>387593942
Boss said he'll kill Tetsu if he said that.
At that point Boss has already lost so he might as well die.
>>
>>387597327
Have you played Moonlight Syndrome?
>>
File: 2016-10-16 12-29-46.png (45KB, 177x194px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-16 12-29-46.png
45KB, 177x194px
>>387589418
I would a FSR remake just to have not-fucked music.
Do leave the OP remake in though, maximum comfy. Too bad it's not in any soundtrack.
>>
>>387588740
I hope the sequel has a control scheme as obtuse and counter intuative as the first game so I can refund it immeadiately upon launching the game and never look back.
>>
FSR on Switch please.
>>
>>387597698
Seriously compare https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9HYxrSDiKU
to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k38Q9ez6Vsk
>>
>>387597774
your loss for not giving it the chance it deserves but whatever you have your own tastes, go enjoy destiny 2
>>
>>387597774
They did patch the game to have a more natural WASD control scheme.
Even then it's mainly a VN, so I have no idea how it got in your way all that much. Did you lose somehow anon?
I just gave your post way too much goddamn attention.
>>
>>387597816
NDS soundtrack sounds damn good on NDS tho
You shouldn't bitch about it
>>
>>387598021
It's still pretty bad.
This is comfy though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKiXTVEByhc
>>
>>387588740
This is the first time I've seen someone post on /v/ about the Silver Case and that makes me so happy.
>>
This music is pretty surreal
http://picosong.com/wsYWC

Now I want a lossless rip of this. This is either poorly mastered or poorly compressed.
>>
File: 1502809595-85847-zoom-500x600.jpg (155KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502809595-85847-zoom-500x600.jpg
155KB, 500x600px
And so another thread with based anons comes to an end.
>>
>>387600502
Maybe next time
>>
>>387598870
http://picosong.com/wses7/

here ya go a nice 320kbps mastered

paid $60 AUD just to get the deluxe version with the soundtrack included
>>
>>387600712
Holy shit I never realized how horrible picosong is.
Uploads in seconds, downloads in minutes.
>>
About that 50 000 yen I owed ya.
It's me, Tetsu from HCU!
>>
I just want Dolphin to be able to emulate wiimote swings with some degree of accuracy so I can play through NMH again, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>387601453
Yes
>>
>>387600712
Just downloaded the FLAC rip of that.
Unfortunately it's still there, so it must be mastering.
>>
>>387601767
now i get what you're referring to with the drums sound like crap and they're hidden under the melody too much in the mix

definitely wasn't done on purpose so it was rushed mastering or problems with exporting analog drum machines maybe
>>
>>387601573
They made Metroid Prime work, I just want to be able to bind wiimote shaking to specific buttons. It's already an option, it just doesn't really work
>>
>>387601453
NMH2 works perfectly with a simple gamepad
>>
File: sp-32.png (1MB, 1512x848px) Image search: [Google]
sp-32.png
1MB, 1512x848px
>>387602239
Also it cuts off at 14khz
>>
Love the fact that other anons do have tip-top taste for the early Grasshopper stuff.
I'm looking forward to this, it's based heavily on Ito's work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emMlANGsxbU
Gameplay is mainly a turn-based dice roll thing with collectible cards which I'm unsure about but the aesthetics look on fucking point.

Also looking forward to Routine, whenever the hell the new release date is, though I don't know if that counts as obscure.
>>
File: sp-32.jpg (4MB, 4328x2176px) Image search: [Google]
sp-32.jpg
4MB, 4328x2176px
>>387603127
Wait no I used it incorrectly
>>
>>387603485
spek makes all waveforms look so pretty..

now that i see what you mean this song is annoying the crap out of me T.T
>>
File: TheSilverCase_20170503184558.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TheSilverCase_20170503184558.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
Is the translation fucked up in some places or do I just not understand the story?
>>
File: odin sphere leifthrasir.jpg (4MB, 4328x2176px) Image search: [Google]
odin sphere leifthrasir.jpg
4MB, 4328x2176px
>>387603767
Have an unrelated one anon
>>
>>387603798
It's poorly written but people praise it because it's niche. This type of mentality has existed since the dawn of time, just look at Gnosticism for example, one of the earliest types of shitposting in history, consisting entirely of entitled contrarians.
>>
File: 00 Booklet Page 7&8.jpg (393KB, 2829x1400px) Image search: [Google]
00 Booklet Page 7&8.jpg
393KB, 2829x1400px
>>
File: TheSilverCase_20170502063537.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TheSilverCase_20170502063537.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>387604010
Ah, I figured. I mean it's still enjoyable for the presentation.
>>
>>387588740
>Silver Case continuation
BUT I HAVENT STARTED THE FIRST YET
>>
>>387595187
It's really fucking bad, but hey, here.

https://youtu.be/l_HL3OMOukg
>>
>>387604291
Play it. It's fast since it's a VN, and it's amazingly enjoyable.
>>
>>387604684
yoo this video is pretty interesting so far man don't be so harsh on yourself.

ya do need an intro created in after effects or whatever so it grabs people in and a more appealing banner to get follows because the content is holding up thus far

everyone signed into youtube right now should honestly give this man some love
>>
>>387604291
still got to march 2018 to finish the first so don't stress
>>
>>387604985
Aw, thanks dude.

I honestly wanna make more vids on Suda stuff. His shit deserves WAY more popularity than it has. I am completely amazed at how Silver Case even sold well enough for the sequel to be remastered.
>>
>>387595830
kamuidrone was my absolutely favorite chapter, Suda got me with its non-ending though.
>>
>>387605783
Kamuidrone got me in that mindset that Serial Experiments Lain and that Cowboy Bebop ep about the cybercults had.

Were cybercults that big a deal in late 90s Japan?
>>
>>387606036
Definitely got a Lain feel from the chapter, also kind of a Perfect Blue one with the idol committing suicide, I don't know much about cybercults, but the game definitely took some inspiration from that Aum Shinriyko cult and the incident that came of it.
>>387593278
>Lost Child is just some DRPG after what El Shaddai was
disappointing
>>
>>387598351
I wouldn't said that, but yeah, No Tameni II is fucking good
>>
It's funny. Lately, been getting into Twin Peaks and watched the entire Lynch library. I'd already played all of Suda's library, and been replaying them.

I've also played Deadly Premonition and quite a few other games with a looser and weirder, stylish feel. But I dunno, typical entertainment's boring me completely these days, and all of this seems like a creative wonderland.

Is there any more media like this? Games preferably.
>>
>>387607678
twin peaks (david lynch) has inspired so many forms of media i'm into it's truly insane.

i see constant references to his work in similar games and art.

nier, shadow of destiny and silent hill 1-3 are the only ones i can really think of with similarities in narrative style
>>
>>387607678
LSD on ps1 is a mustplay.
>>387608438
Nier is way more inspired by trashy anime tropes than anything, it's a pretty awful game too.
>>387608438
>>
>>387608714
u might want to finish games before having an opinion on them

if you'd played through all of the multiple endings you'd know the drastic impact of all your prior decisions and how it makes you question the morality of your own vain ambitions which seem relatively innocent at first
>>
>>387590551
>>387590834
>>387590892
Season 2 is actually finsihed and completed. SWERY never released though because he wanted to wait til he got better to promote it. Access Games can still release but won't because SWERY shitposted about his boss and superiors on Twittter and Facebook.
>>
>>387608438
>>387608714
Played all of them.

I seriously need something new to get through, going crazy bored playing anything else.
>>
>>387608880
I have played through the entire thing, 4 years back before it became a complete meme, it's just an anime story with inconsistent tone disguised through tonal shifts and uninteresting plot twists, where everything is apocalyptic and everyone must suffer so the player has some sort of reaction and declares it the best games of all time. Shit is artificial as hell, and not at all surreal or weird in the same way as the games discussed in this thread.
>>
>>387608919
Do you have any proof before I blow my brains out over some made up bullshit?
>>
>>387607678
Have you played Kentucky Route Zero? It's beautiful and weird and the whole game revolves around impossible spaces.

Virginia was very Twin Peaksy, if you can stand strong brown womyn what don't need no man protagonists.
>>
>>387609106
why do i get the feeling u just hate anime and are sick of weebs hyping this game up because you didn't like it? also i agree it doesn't stand up to the other games in this thread but it's still a fine piece of work even if flawed and unrelated to silver case type vibes.
>>
>>387609106
>t's just an anime story with inconsistent tone disguised through tonal shifts
It looks to me that you just hate that style, mixing different things and tones that are unmixable according to more traditional narrative approaches (especially the western and western inspirated ones) is actually the staple of that otaku culture rooted style.
But considering that for you anything related to anime must be trash you shouldn't have played that game to begin with, you clearly couldn't have liked it in any case.
>or weird in the same way as the games discussed in this thread.
I completely agree about that, though.
>>
>>387609519
Yep. And did not enjoy Virginia in the least, sorry.

An amazing contender for this kind of environment is the first Shenmue. It has FANTASTIC small town vibes, even if it's in Tokyo.
>>
Nier was great but Nier Automata was shit.
>>
>>387610129
Automata is actually subtle with its story and themes and I found it more interesting than Nier, even if it lacked in amazing character banter. But that's a post for another thread.
>>
>>387610120
that guy is right about kentucky route zero being slick, not up it's own like most indie games too.
>>
File: 023.jpg (646KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
646KB, 2048x1360px
428 Shibuya Scramble
http://www.dualshockers.com/428-shibuya-scramble-story-development/
please buy it
>>
>>387610129
>Nier was great but Nier Automata was shit.
The funniest thing is that basically all the people I have seen posting that in this board had literally no idea of what automata was about. Mostly because of what >>387610274 said themes and story completely went over the heads of people who needs the hero's journey trope to follow a story.
>>
>>387610425
I think I've been waiting for this game to be translated for over half a decade. It was on the Wii, right?
>>
>>387592216
Yeah

Same shit with Drakengard
>>
>>387610425
They actually announced it? I remember a poll like a year ago or so. I will, anon.
>>
>>387610542
I don't feel like DoD was bad on purpose. It's clear that they tried to make it better. Moreover, dragon sections were actually enjoyable.
>>
>>387610461
Automata is definitely the Evangelion of video games. It's waifu trash for people who skipped high school philosophy. If you're old enough to fight for your country and either of those things introduces you to new concepts, you're a fool.
>>
What a comfy thread i love you guys

>>387604684
Hey man i just want to say that i really liked your video and i'll be waiting for more.
>>
File: 428-Shibuya-Scramble-5.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
428-Shibuya-Scramble-5.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>387610525
Yes, it was a timed Wii exclusive for like a year.
>>
>>387610684
nah, MGS2 is, and I mean that in a good way, Automata is just a ripoff of the both of them.
>>
>>387610684
Those hyper generic insults and provocations aren't going to help you, you know.
>>
>>387604684
I'm gonna watch this tomorrow. It's better be good, boyo
>>
>>387610654
Nah, Drakengard feel like they knew that they couldn't made a decent game so instead they made an awful game that intentionally fucked with you. Nier was the one where they seems trying their hardest to make a good game, it's almost the opposite.
>>
>>387610831
I'm not even trying to be insulting, but Evangelion and Automata have really simple themes that are literally taught in high school, and I know plenty of people in their 20's who are blown away by them.

And usually they're also "ironic" weeaboos who make jokes about how pathetic they are for having a waifu as if that makes them actually not pathetic, but that's just my experience and I'm sure it's not literally everyone who likes Eva and Automata.
>>
>>387611201
The difference is ironic weeb type people are ultimately criticized by Evangelion (if they don't see this they're missing the point), while Automata embraces them.
>>
>>387611201
>I'm not even trying to be insulting,
You tried your hardest to belittle the game and the people who have a good opinion of of without talking about the game itself at all, and you did it in the most possible generic and buzzwordish possible way, that same exact shit you posted could be used as copypasta for tons of game.
Look, it's clear that you have no idea of what to say aside from obnoxiously asserting that you don't like it for reasons that are clearly at very least questionable, but learn that resorting to such dumb shitposting can only make you look like a brainless fool who thinks that using his ego as a club is a valid argument.
>>
>>387611720
You are a gay nerd.
>>
crypt underworld assuming it doesn't come out this year
>>
>>387593442
Probably best you can hope for is an asia english release and even that seems sort of iffy
>>
File: 1502228850619m.jpg (64KB, 341x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502228850619m.jpg
64KB, 341x1024px
>>
>>387610729
Holy shit thanks man. That does mean a whole lot.
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.