[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does nobody talk about this? I'm in the first act

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Tyranny_cover_art.png (343KB, 290x402px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranny_cover_art.png
343KB, 290x402px
Why does nobody talk about this?

I'm in the first act and I've been grinning ear to ear playing, watching my guy sew chaos and treachery. This storyline is absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>387586153
>sees poster
>okay
>sees company logo above
>okay
>sees company logo below
N..no thanks.
>>
>>387586224
I literally just saved the first logo i found.
>>
>>387586153
Get to the end and you'll understand.
>>
>>387586153
It's sow, as in sowing seeds, not sew. Anyway I've been meaning to get Tyranny for ages, adding it to my download queue now.
>>
>>387586153
Enjoy the first act, it's pretty much downhill after that.
>>
No the storyline is terrible and the character writing is even worse. You'll see once you reach Act 3. It's hard to really take in how bad and wasted potential the writing in this game is. They said they were inspired by the black company writing this but they either completely missed the appeal of the books or didn't ever actually read them to produce this turd.
>>
>>387586153

I liked it, but it had clear pros and cons.

Pros:
>the way the story was told and the use of narration was way better than PoE
>interesting characters, the party members were tons of fun, and even some of the side-cast had their charm
>literally GOAT spell-crafting system

Cons:
>the reduction of party size from 6 to 4 ment that there wasn't as much depth on display
>the story, while original in concept, wasn't that well executed IMO. Not everything has to be an adventure-bro-fest but I quickly realized that this type of storytelling just isn't for me
>way too few character options and portrait-style that was so specific it didn't feel like it lent itself well to importing other portraits either
>>
I enjoyed the game, though some of the characters are pretty shit. Never used Kills-In-Shadow. Also only my main character could use new heavy armor so I felt like every piece of heavy armor I found was pointless.

Then the game ends so suddenly that I didn't realize it was over until it started giving me character epilogues.
>>
>>387586891

Oh yeah, I forgot about the spell crafting. That was fun.
>>
>>387586309
As someone that's been considering picking this up, what's so bad about the ending? Rushed bullshit? Sequel bait? Choices stop mattering? Player stops working for the evil overlord?
>>
>>387586891
>the story was good
>the story wasn't good
>>
>>387587061

Maybe my point didn't get across. I ment that the story was well-told but it didn't appeal to me. I can appreciate that a lot of effort probably went in to writing it well and making it interesting, but it fell apart for me personally on execution so I didn't end up liking it.
>>
>>387587103
Don't worry. Only autismos and ESLs couldn't understand your meaning.
>>
>>387587058
>Rushed bullshit? Sequel bait? Choices stop mattering? Player stops working for the evil overlord?

This
>>
FUCK RPG CODEX!
>>
>>387587631
all of those?
>>
File: 1459779418189.jpg (107KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
1459779418189.jpg
107KB, 800x586px
>>387587789
Yes.
>>
>>387586153
>Thought the game was bad but finished it anyways
>Read a recent patch note that they added New Game+
>Cool! At least I can finish it and then finish it again with some power fantasy
>Finish the game
>Sorry anon you can only take 2 items from your last save with you in New Game+ :^)
>For every time you finish the game you can take an additional item with you :^)

Fuck you Obsidian
>>
It's like Pillars of Eternity except way worse in every department. The story sounds cool but it heavily railroads you (despite the pretenses of choices and consequences) into the chosen one bullshit. Also, it ends on a cliffhanger and they haven't even finished the game yet, adding in ridiculously expensive DLCs and expansions for mid-game content.

Play Pillars of Eternity instead, if you haven't. That's very clearly the series the A-Team at Obsidian is working on.
>>
OP, have you bought the portrait pack to show your support yet? It's 20 portraits for only $5. You know you want it.
>>
>>387586153
>I'm in the first act and I've been grinning ear to ear playing, watching my guy sew chaos and treachery. This storyline is absolutely fantastic.
no real person could ever have written this sentance
>>
File: 1490316820508.jpg (92KB, 1060x404px) Image search: [Google]
1490316820508.jpg
92KB, 1060x404px
>>387587631
You're just fucking with me, right? I was just joking about some of the dumbest shit an RPG could possibly do with its ending.

The player doesn't really undermine the game's premise and stop being an evil henchman, right?
>>
The game way written by interns at Obsidian to make some Paradox money.

You can be more evil in any other Paradox games than in this one.
>>
>>387588572
He's serious anon. Also there is only one likeable companion, and next to none enemy variety.
>>
>>387586153
Play the game and then we'll talk, faggot
>>
File: 1447373004782.jpg (7KB, 146x127px) Image search: [Google]
1447373004782.jpg
7KB, 146x127px
>storyline fantastic
Not sure if this is bait.
No matter what you do, you will always get pushed to the same ending and your "sowing chaos" doesnt mean shit.
The both big factions in the game are lead by what feels like teenagers arguing over unimportant shit.
Dont forget "ayyyyy im in your mind, dont tell them", so stupid it offends me.
>>
OP here again. I'm doing the Rebel playthrough as a first timer, just finished first act. The ability to go against the grain as much as I have is what's really made it fun so far. I would imagine it's a lot simpler and frankly boring siding with either major faction.

Everything is evil, but evil for the right reasons gets my RP rocks off.
>>
>>387586153
you SOW chaos.

you SEW clothes
>>
>>387587058
the game ends at the 1/3 mark, basically. they charged full price (still) for 1/3 of a game that will never get finished, like Mankind divided
>>
>>387588572
the story pulls all of those.

plus, the game devs idea of 'evil' is the 'saturday cartoon puppy kicking villian' idea of 'evil' so you're never actually 'the bad guy' just a total dick for retarded reasons.
>>
>>387587058
literally everything you just mentioned happens..
>>
>>387588572

Your choices don't matter, there's only one ending to the game which the developers railroad you into extremely hard with the 2 hour long last act. It's also a stupid cliffhanger ending at that.
>>
>>387591381
And they're working on expanding the fucking mid game content. They must think they're getting a sequel out of this.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.