[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the main character of cookie clicker one of the most powerful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: PerfectCookie.png (108KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
PerfectCookie.png
108KB, 250x250px
Is the main character of cookie clicker one of the most powerful characters in vidya?

>a guy who bought the entire universe
>a guy who converted the entire universe
>a guy who converted the entire multiverse into cookies
>with the help of eldritch grandma flesh masses
>with has the help of angels and demons
>has a fucking pet dragon
>a COOKIE dragon
>>
>>387581232
So there's a new update?
>>
gag characters always beat power characters and feat characters

thats true in the real world too
>>
Comparing the "power" of fictional characters is like playing who can say the highest number
>>
>>387581275
A new building
Wizard towers can cast spells
Temples have gods to put in the pantheon
Sugar lumps
>>
Hey shit dude that's what I've been posting! Let's not forget he's able to literally luck cookies into existence by chance manipulation.
>>
>>387581232
>tfw CPS is stalled in the nonillions and can't get the last kittens upgrade

What do?
>>
>>387581232
>implying the Grandmatriarchs aren't the Gods of the cookie clicker universe

Repent for your false idolatry or face the wrath of the elders.
>>
pleas no
i already quit this shit 3 times
>>
Realm Grinder > Cookie Clicker
>>
>>387581232
Demonbane is still stronger
>>
>>387581552
>Save up 10 sugar lumps
>Equip Dragon's Fortune
>Wait for a frenzy and then for a golden cookie to appear during that
>Spam Force the Hand of Fortune while refilling magic with the sugar lumps
>Watch as your CPS skyrockets
>>
File: power man.png (713KB, 1593x5000px) Image search: [Google]
power man.png
713KB, 1593x5000px
>>387581354
this

Power-Man is even stronger than The Cookie Clicker though
>>
>>387581359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J9MRYJz9-4
>>
>>387581752
Doesn't cookie storm count for the same thing?
>>
>>387581925
Nope, Cookie Storm cookies don't apply to Dragon's Fortune.
>>
Have they retuned CPS upgrades and buildings or something? I played in the original (before the fancier UI) and in the earlier part of the newer versions. I probably lost interest in it sometime either before or after dungeons were implemented, or they were in beta or something. Anyway I feel like progression is a lot slower now than it used to be. Seems like it take days just to reach a quadrillion. Back then each new building was a massive upgrade over the best one you previously had, like an order of magnitude better. Now each new building has maybe 2-8x the output of the previous or thereabouts depending on the building. Maybe it's just me idk.
>>
File: eraser.jpg (7KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
eraser.jpg
7KB, 400x300px
>>387581792
*blocks your path*
>>
I remember this from like 2013. Wasn't it a satirical game? I realize it spawned the horde of cynical exploitative clones, but have they gone down that path now too? Do you buy cookie clicker booster packs to unlock things faster?
>>
It's save scumming, but what I like to do is wait until I get a hand of fate that gives me a Click Frenzy.
Then I click golden cookies that give me a regular frenzy, and then a stacked building frenzy, and if that happens then I do hand of fate to get Click Frenzy which is boosted by an insane amount.
>>
File: magikarp-169-en.jpg (86KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
magikarp-169-en.jpg
86KB, 578x327px
>>387582080
Cookie Clicker is completely free.

Heck, even Pokémon jumped on the idle/clicker band-wagon.
>>
File: shipment.gif (717KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
shipment.gif
717KB, 500x281px
I feel like baking cookies
>>
Chocolate chips or chocolate chunks for cookies?
>>
I do like that the cookieverse is populated by nameless horrors. Kinda makes you wonder about cookies in general.
>>
>>387582214
Even if it weren't why would you buy any kind of boost? Aside from basically being a Skinner box designed to keep a steady flow of dopamine to your brain an clicker game is at its core an optimization game. In such games that have in game stores you effectively have two options for each type of run you can try to do 1.) A run using boosts 2.) A run not using boosts. Each run has an optimal way it can be played. Given that it doesn't make sense to buy boosts when you can just try to achieve the maximum CPS for a non-boost run and effectively achieve the same effect.

Probably more interesting than actually playing the game would be to derive the math for an optimal run, exactly what upgrades you should get a what time to always ensure your CPS is as high as it can possibly be at any instant in time. Most people won't go into it this much though.
>>
>>387582542
if it's an optimization problem, the function being optimized has no extrema and is just an endless climb.
>>
>>387582542
But there are mods that will automatically do reasonable (if "greedy") things. After all, such an optimization function can be specified in terms of JavaScript code loaded through a bookmarklet.
>>
Does anyone still play Kittens Game?
I haven't played it in over a year and want to get into it again, but I don't know how much has changed.
>>
>>387582659
You're optimizing the rate which you gain cookies (or insert noun here).

Given you have a particular amount of cookies at any given time you are attempting to figure out the best buildings and upgrades to spend your cookies on to ensure you are always producing the maximum amount of cookies possible at any given moment in time. It's not about the total number it's about the CPS.

>>387582917
If you're gonna use a mod like that you might as well not play at all because it will defeat the purpose and effectively eliminates you needing to think. However if you wanted to code your own mod to optimize your CPS as a challenge to yourself then that would be alright.
>>
When should I ascend?
Also should I purchase further than One mind?
>>
>>387581232
No, just the wealthiest.
>>
>>387583225
whenever your progression slows to a crawl
Yes
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.